First time posting! Is this keepable?

Xerneas - #716 (Modest, lv. 50)
HP: 24, 25
Atk: 16, 17
Def: 30, 31
SpA: 30, 31
SpD: 30, 31
Speed: 22, 23

EDIT: Keeping this one. I forgot the Shiny Xerneas event is live this week.

Last edited:
Is this Darkrai worth keeping?

Timid: 31/1/31/21/29/31

(I really hope that we will be able to synchronize gift Pokémon in Gen. 7, soft-resetting for nature + IVs on a gift Pokémon is almost torture.)
Nope! Reset :/ The special attack is too low and besides speed, is Darkrai's most important stat :)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
First time posting! Is this keepable?

Xerneas - #716 (Modest, lv. 50)
HP: 24, 25
Atk: 16, 17
Def: 30, 31
SpA: 30, 31
SpD: 30, 31
Speed: 22, 23

EDIT: Keeping this one. I forgot the Shiny Xerneas event is live this week.
I just wanted to say that if you don't need 252 Speed then you can move EVs from HP to Speed to make it like the Speed is flawless at the expense of HP. That would make this like it has an HP of 14 - 17. Also, checking what its Hidden Power is or using a Rare Candy can make it easier to find out what the IVs are. On the bright side, you don't seem to care about this one.

Speaking of the Xerneas event...

Xerneas
Nature: Timid
HP: 30
Atk: 16
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD 30
Spe: 31

Is there any reason to have Timid over Modest in Ubers or Anything Goes?

Edit: I just saw that the VGC16 analyses recommends Timid. I'm not too happy with Timid, but between that, having Y to get a second one, and you never know when Ubers might gain speed creep, it's a keeper.

Last edited:
Thx for the replies, I've got another somewhat decent looking one after ~8 hours:

Darkrai:

Timid: 31/23/31/31/24/31

Should I keep this one or is the loss in Sp.Def to noticeable?

Thx for the replies, I've got another somewhat decent looking one after ~8 hours:

Darkrai:

Timid: 31/23/31/31/24/31

Should I keep this one or is the loss in Sp.Def to noticeable?
Much better! And well, Darkrai is frail by Ubers standards no matter what you do with it, unless you run some weird bulky slow set, but I don't see why you would. :)

I just wanted to say that if you don't need 252 Speed then you can move EVs from HP to Speed to make it like the Speed is flawless at the expense of HP. That would make this like it has an HP of 14 - 17. Also, checking what its Hidden Power is or using a Rare Candy can make it easier to find out what the IVs are. On the bright side, you don't seem to care about this one.
As long as I can manage the EVs so that I outspeed Scarfed base 95s-99s after a Geomancy, I think this is golden. Worse comes to worse, I have two more opportunities with the Shiny event to get it right.

Soft resetting for Xerneas and got this:

30/26+/31/29/31/31, Timid

Very tempted to keep as the damage calcs reveal next to no difference in terms of special attack (and it hits like a truck and is probably mainly going to be used for geomancy shenanigans anyway) but 30 in HP isn't what I'd bargained for. Attack a little higher than I'd like as well but yeah... would you keep or toss?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Soft resetting for Xerneas and got this:

30/26+/31/29/31/31, Timid

Very tempted to keep as the damage calcs reveal next to no difference in terms of special attack (and it hits like a truck and is probably mainly going to be used for geomancy shenanigans anyway) but 30 in HP isn't what I'd bargained for. Attack a little higher than I'd like as well but yeah... would you keep or toss?
Personally I'd say that's good enough, I'd probably run some VGC calcs just in case it matters for a couple freak circumstances and you might want to compete with Xern someday, but 30/29 is plenty good in my opinion, 31 vs 30 for HP is literally just 1 HP difference so you'll almost never see it matter. Main thing is that it's Timid instead of Modest, which is better for GeoXern especially, since it's already more than fast enough at +2 with a neutral nature and having more SpA is better.

If you want Timid then keep it, but if you want Modest then you should keep going. The IVs are very good though.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
If you're wanting VGC, I actually think timid is more used there because of speed-creeping other Xerneas. Could be wrong but seems fine for vgc purposes.

Personally I'd say that's good enough, I'd probably run some VGC calcs just in case it matters for a couple freak circumstances and you might want to compete with Xern someday, but 30/29 is plenty good in my opinion, 31 vs 30 for HP is literally just 1 HP difference so you'll almost never see it matter. Main thing is that it's Timid instead of Modest, which is better for GeoXern especially, since it's already more than fast enough at +2 with a neutral nature and having more SpA is better.

If you want Timid then keep it, but if you want Modest then you should keep going. The IVs are very good though.
Yeah I kept it :)

Just got this Manaphy:

Timid
31/25-26/30/31/31/28

I was intending on running the 96/252/160 spread because it's going on a bulky offense team anyway, and I really hate speed ties and don't think they should ever be relied on. Is this acceptable, or should I go for 31 speed just in case I change my mind? I've probably put about 13 hours into resetting over 3 days, and this is by far the closest thing I've gotten to viable.

Just got this Manaphy:

Timid
31/25-26/30/31/31/28

I was intending on running the 96/252/160 spread because it's going on a bulky offense team anyway, and I really hate speed ties and don't think they should ever be relied on. Is this acceptable, or should I go for 31 speed just in case I change my mind? I've probably put about 13 hours into resetting over 3 days, and this is by far the closest thing I've gotten to viable.
Yeah! If you're going with that spread, then keep! You only sacrifice a few EVs elsewhere to make up for the 3 hard points in speed. But about speed ties, it's not that you should rely on them, but when one can possibly be in your favor, it's useful. Like of course you would want to rely on a speed tie with something when either one of you can KO the other, since that puts you or your opponent at a severe disadvantage just due to a coin flip. But usually a full health Manaphy is hard to one-shot with something that normally speed ties it, so a speed tie can sometimes be okay I think!

Yeah! If you're going with that spread, then keep! You only sacrifice a few EVs elsewhere to make up for the 3 hard points in speed. But about speed ties, it's not that you should rely on them, but when one can possibly be in your favor, it's useful. Like of course you would want to rely on a speed tie with something when either one of you can KO the other, since that puts you or your opponent at a severe disadvantage just due to a coin flip. But usually a full health Manaphy is hard to one-shot with something that normally speed ties it, so a speed tie can sometimes be okay I think!
Yeah that's a valid point. I can see your reasoning regarding the benefits to maxing speed and understand why people would want to go for it on reflection, but I don't think it suits my style of play. The team I have in mind is pretty bulky, and I think the semi-bulky spread compliments it best after mulling it over. Thanks a lot for your input!

Excuse the late reply, and thank you for the response.

I prefer relaxed to sassy btw [/flameshield], as I find no problem killing Xerneas with Relaxed, but it softens deoxys A's knock off and makes him a more balanced wall. It's just that 9 speed IV I was concerned about: will the difference in damage it makes to gyro ball be overly significant - significant enough to warrant going through 500+ more eggs?

Thank you.

Ya I know. All of this but you know when you have been SR for like 5 days and then you get something tempting. I needed someone to reinforce what I am doing. Thx for the fast replay I will keep at it

Is this Zekrom good? I'm SRing for two weeks, this is the best one I've seem.

Jolly Nature
HP 175
Atk 170
Def 140
SAtk 115
SDef 114
Speed 121.

Should it stay or should it go now?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is this Zekrom good? I'm SRing for two weeks, this is the best one I've seem.

Jolly Nature
HP 175
Atk 170
Def 140
SAtk 115
SDef 114
Speed 121.

Should it stay or should it go now?
HP: 30-31
Atk: 30-31
Def: 30-31
SpA: 6-7
SpD: 18-19
Spe: 30-31

Toss, SpDef if too low (although I might have high standards, coming from the WiFi forum). Also check it's IVs with the Judge at the Battle Resort, if Speed isn't 31 then that's another reason to toss

HP: 30-31
Atk: 30-31
Def: 30-31
SpA: 6-7
SpD: 18-19
Spe: 30-31

Toss, SpDef if too low (although I might have high standards, coming from the WiFi forum). Also check it's IVs with the Judge at the Battle Resort, if Speed isn't 31 then that's another reason to toss
At level 50, what's the difference in SDef from 31 to 18?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)