Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue has still not been resolved. Can someone please help?
Your issue hasn't been addressed because, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do. We don't keep a log of IP addresses, so we have no way of verifying that this user stole your account--it's your word against his/hers. My recommendation is to make a new alt, give it a secure password, and then PM me with the username. If it gets hacked, I'll reset the password and permaban the hacker. I'm really sorry that I can't do any more than that.

I am experiencing heavy lag on the smog on server like when I press a move the timer still runs for about 10-20 secs before it actually does the move. Any suggestions?
I cant log in to Smogon. When trying to log in, all it says is

(13:55:08) Connected to Server!

And stays there.Perhaps i have been banned?Although i was very idle before i logged out and tried to log back in next time, so its not liable i committed any offence.

Can someone help?
Ripamon, you're experiencing lag. Logging out and back in only increases the lag, so all I can say is be patient--you'll get in eventually.

And there is absolutely nothing we can currently do about the lag, Eranu. My recommendation is to make move selections quickly. It sucks, yes. But there really is NOTHING we can do until we get a new server.

Everytime I try to connect, I am required to enter a password, but no username. I enter what I would use as my password, and the prompt disappears, but I lose connection to the server. Anyone know what exactly is happening and/or how I can fix it?

Everytime I try to connect, I am required to enter a password, but no username. I enter what I would use as my password, and the prompt disappears, but I lose connection to the server. Anyone know what exactly is happening and/or how I can fix it?
Someone else has registered the username you're trying to use (the username is set on the main page or in the teambuilder).

haunter

Banned deucer.
that means that the username you're trying to access with is already registered. Try a different one.

Pokémon Online is seemingly causing my computer to lock up, forcing me to manually reboot my computer. Is there something I can do to remedy this?

Edit: Alright thanks

Edit 2: I briefly talked to coyotte508 and he said it's above him but working to be resolved, and something about not clicking on text in the chat o.O

Pokémon Online is seemingly causing my computer to lock up, forcing me to manually reboot my computer. Is there something I can do to remedy this?
Unless you're using 1.0.53S (in which case my advice is to downgrade to 1.0.53), you should really ask over at the PO forums.

You'll probably want to give them more detailed info, such as your operating system and whether this happens consistently or only with certain other programs running (I've personally had problems with PO+VMware player).

Sorry if this was already answered. I downloaded the Smogon client 1.0.53S and I get the User Account Control thing every time I try to use it. Is there a way to get around it for those w/o admin privileges, like a zip file? Thx in advance.

I was chatting on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online, and suddenly I got disconnected. I thought it was a problem with my internet, but the other servers work just fine and I cannot get back on to Smogon (I press "connect" and I get "connected to server" and then "disconnected from server" immediately afterward; no error messages or anything). I don't understand, was I banned? I didn't get a notification and none of the admins/moderators told me I was doing anything wrong (I use the name Levi Seaderp, for reference).

If I did something wrong then please tell me so I know not to do it again, I was not trying to cause trouble or anything of the sort.

I was in the middle of a ladder match with some random guy, when PO apparently disconnented me. When I realized nothing was happening, I hit forfeit and logged back on, and it immediately disconnected me. I tried to get back on under a different name, and found that my original name was still in that ladder match, although it wasn't doing anything. How can I fix this?

EDIT: Nvmind, it fixed itself, but it's still weird (and cost me ladder points, dammit!)

EDIT2: It's happened several more times.

I can't battle or chat

I have no problems playing at home, but at the university I can join the server but I can't see anyone, battle or chat. I think it might be a firewall thing, any solution?

also, I tried connecting to another server(is it against the rules to mention others servers here?) and it happened the same, until I changed the IP direction on the advanced option from numbers to server pokeXXXXX.eu:8080, but I can't find a similar adress for the smogon server to try the same solution. does it have one?

Help please?

I keep trying to get on the server, and I have the special smogon client, and the regular client, but on both of them I can't see any of the players or find battles or chat, and it eventually just disconnects me.

Any idea on how to fix this?

I keep trying to get on the server, and I have the special smogon client, and the regular client, but on both of them I can't see any of the players or find battles or chat, and it eventually just disconnects me.

Any idea on how to fix this?

That's the message it gives when you've been banned. Did you do anything to piss off a mod?

I have no problems playing at home, but at the university I can join the server but I can't see anyone, battle or chat. I think it might be a firewall thing, any solution?

also, I tried connecting to another server(is it against the rules to mention others servers here?) and it happened the same, until I changed the IP direction on the advanced option from numbers to server pokeXXXXX.eu:8080, but I can't find a similar adress for the smogon server to try the same solution. does it have one?
Yeah, most universities aren't going to have port 5080 open (yes, you need to go over port 5080). If you're buddies with your uni's IT staff, you can try to get them to open the port. Otherwise, you'll have to find some kind of proxy service.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
I was in the middle of a ladder match with some random guy, when PO apparently disconnented me. When I realized nothing was happening, I hit forfeit and logged back on, and it immediately disconnected me. I tried to get back on under a different name, and found that my original name was still in that ladder match, although it wasn't doing anything. How can I fix this?

EDIT: Nvmind, it fixed itself, but it's still weird (and cost me ladder points, dammit!)

EDIT2: It's happened several more times.
This has to do with the latency of your connection, the server is sending you data that it wants you and your connection to respond to, and when your connection doesn't respond, it disconnects you thinking that your connection is not alive. When you tried logging back in and your username was in use justifies this, this is your "ghost", you're going to have to deal with it if you're using a LAN connection, if you're going over WiFi then switch to a LAN connection or move closer to your router.

Yeah, most universities aren't going to have port 5080 open (yes, you need to go over port 5080). If you're buddies with your uni's IT staff, you can try to get them to open the port. Otherwise, you'll have to find some kind of proxy service.
thanks, I will look how to use a proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)