Technical Support Mk. 2 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!)

Introduction

This thread is dedicated to technical support for Pokemon Online. Since we're not the Pokemon Online website, we merely use Pokemon Online, we may not have all of the answers to your questions. We'll still try. The only questions that belong here are those related to getting PO working or getting the server working. Any other questions related to Smogon's PO server, such as understanding the tiers or whatnot, belong here.

Rules

If you post a support request in this thread, it must contain the following information. If it does not, it will be deleted. If the information is irrelevant to your request/question, it probably belongs in SQSA

Please include the following information in your question:
  1. PO version number
  2. Operating system and version
  3. Can you connect to other servers?
  4. When did this problem start?
  5. Your PO username
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim--if the error has a number, this will be especially helpful).

In addition, you should not post if...
  • ...the answer to #1 isn't "1.0.53" and the answer to #3 is "I can't connect to any server. If you're not using our custom client, and the issue is universal for ALL servers, it means it's not our issue, and you should take it up with the developers: http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/
  • ...you have a bug to report that's specific to the server, such as an error in tiering, Dream World ability releases, commands not working, etc. Make a new thread for each of those so that we can guarantee that they'll be seen.
  • ...you have a suggestion for the server. Make a new thread, do not post it here. If you post it here, it will get lost and likely not addressed by me personally.
  • ...you want to ask a question about Shoddy Battle or Pokemon Laboratory. Smogon doesn't support those simulators any longer.
  • ...you want to report driver / moderator / administrator power abuse or would like to appeal a ban. Do so here and not in this thread.
  • ...you don't know what Pokemon Online is, or you want to download it. Please refer to its website here. For download issues pertaining to 1.0.53S, Smogon's custom client, post here.

Example Post said:
  1. PO version 1.0.53
  2. Windows Vista
  3. I can connect to PO, French Time and Brazil. Smogon's the only problem.
  4. Last Tuesday.
  5. Antar
  6. Every time I log in, I get a message saying I'm the sexiest man alive:
    <Smogon Bot>: Antar is the sexiest man alive.
    It's a huge problem, because while I'm sure that it's true, I worry about other people getting jealous. Is there any way to disable this?
The easiest way for you to make a post like this is to quote-reply to the next post, remove the quote tags, and fill in the relevant information.

Hey,

1. PO version 1.0.53
  2. Windows Vista
  3. Can connect to every other server, except smogon. And occasionally Pokemon Online.
  4. It has been happening for the last day or so, up until now it has been fine.
  5. Cloud9Alt
  6. (17:13:02) Connected to Server! Your client version (1.0.53) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.53S).
    (17:13:05) Disconnected from Server!

Help please >.<

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You are banned.

I banned you yesterday after verbally abusing me during a battle. It should expire within 24 hours or so.

PO version 1.0.53
OS Windows Vista
Server connects all that I've tried except for Smogon
Duration, the last 1 or 2 days
Username MrFJones
Description - This username use to work and was a registered with a password which worked for a couple of weeks however when i last tried to log on i got this message;
(13:54:33) Connected to Server!
Your client version (1.0.53) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.53S).
(13:54:35) Wrong password for this name. If you don't know the password, please change your name.
(13:54:35) Disconnected from Server!
Tried multiple times to make sure i hadn't ms-typed the password and i definitely didn't change it. Wondered if anyone else has had such an issue and if there is any way to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated please, thanks.

PO version 1.0.53
OS Windows Vista
Server connects all that I've tried except for Smogon
Duration, the last 1 or 2 days
Username MrFJones
Description - This username use to work and was a registered with a password which worked for a couple of weeks however when i last tried to log on i got this message;
(13:54:33) Connected to Server!
Your client version (1.0.53) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.53S).
(13:54:35) Wrong password for this name. If you don't know the password, please change your name.
(13:54:35) Disconnected from Server!
Tried multiple times to make sure i hadn't ms-typed the password and i definitely didn't change it. Wondered if anyone else has had such an issue and if there is any way to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated please, thanks.
Are you 100% positive you registered your account (have you needed to use a password in the past)?

We don't force you to register, and if someone else registers the account (which looks like what happened, since your forum IP does not match the IP used last to log onto the server), you're 100% out of luck.

I'm 100% sure as it asked me for password every other time i tried to go on the server and i was able to log on to the server, also thanks for the fast reply.

I'm 100% sure as it asked me for password every other time i tried to go on the server and i was able to log on to the server, also thanks for the fast reply.
You're in luck! I happen to have found an old archive that corroborates your story. Log onto PO under a different alt and send me a PM, and we'll get this taken care of.

Hey,

1. PO version 1.053
2. Windows Vista
3. Yes I can, but not to smogon.
4. About 2 months ago
5. DQ knight
6. I think I got tembanned from smogon. Usually when I try to log it reads:(17:13:02) Connected to Server! (17:13:05) Disconnected from Server! But I've tried logging on these past few days, and only a blank screen comes up. Then nothing happens. This is all I could see (10:19:50) Connected to Server!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A lot of users have had that problem. Normally it is enough to close the window and reconnect. I've had to try upwards of ten times, but I eventually connected to the server completely.

A lot of users have had that problem. Normally it is enough to close the window and reconnect. I've had to try upwards of ten times, but I eventually connected to the server completely.
How long did it take you before you could fully connect to the server?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The connection was instantaneous. If I didn't see the password box, I closed the window and tried again.

1. 1.0.53
2. Windows XP
3. I can connect to Pokemon Online and PokeBattleCenter, as they are the only ones I have tried to connect to, other than Smogon
4. About a week ago.
5. PapaBear236
6. When I go into Smogon's server, it says (20:44:48) Connected to Server! However, I can't battle or see posts or do anything in it. It doesn't even say Dragonspiral Tower when I enter. It doesn't ask me for my password, either.

1. 1.0.53
2. Windows XP
3. I can connect to Pokemon Online and PokeBattleCenter, as they are the only ones I have tried to connect to, other than Smogon
4. About a week ago.
5. PapaBear236
6. When I go into Smogon's server, it says (20:44:48) Connected to Server! However, I can't battle or see posts or do anything in it. It doesn't even say Dragonspiral Tower when I enter. It doesn't ask me for my password, either.
The connection was instantaneous. If I didn't see the password box, I closed the window and tried again.

I've tried that, and nothing changed. One thing that I did notice was weird was the Advanced Connection number for Smogon's server is 173.233.95.2:5080. I've seen photo's in connecting to the Smogon server and I think they were different. I'm pretty sure it has always been that way, though, and I could connect to the server before with the number.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
173.233.95.2:5080 is the absolutely the correct number. Sometimes I get the same problem as you, especially when the server is busy and near capacity. I just leave that window there and go do something else, the window that prompts you for your password take one or two minutes (depending on your computer / internet speed?) to pop up but it does pop up eventually.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what i do when i cant get the password thing to pop is i type a message. it makes it come up instantly!

what i do when i cant get the password thing to pop is i type a message. it makes it come up instantly!
I've tried that before, no dice.

173.233.95.2:5080 is the absolutely the correct number. Sometimes I get the same problem as you, especially when the server is busy and near capacity. I just leave that window there and go do something else, the window that prompts you for your password take one or two minutes (depending on your computer / internet speed?) to pop up but it does pop up eventually.
Thanks! I'll have to try that sometime. My computer is VERY slow, so I'll try leaving the window up and checking back later. I'll post back with results.

• Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
  • Yes
  • Anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes
  • ThePillsburyDoughBoy
  • I don't know why it was particularly bad tonight but what would happen is the chat would just stop and I would find out if I was disconnected if I typed something. One peculiar thing was that the chat would go in "jumps". Nothing would happen, then instantaneously lines of text would text appear (all but impossible to be typed that fast).

1. PO version number- Current version, 1.0.53
2. Operating system and version- Windoes 7
3. Can you connect to other servers?- Yes
4. When did this problem start?- April 13 2012
5. Your PO username- .Conduit. / -Crusader-
6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim--if the error has a number, this will be especially helpful).
The problem happens to be that I connect to the server and get...
(xx:yy:zz): Connected to server...
Then it just stays there, until I 'x' out, without proceeding to the Server Main Chat. It was my first time logging in. I thought my IP range may have been banned, but I am not knowledgeable in these matters.

Condiut, have you tried all of the above suggestions?

I have tried it for a while now, so yes I have. I'll try some more though :)
Edit: I let it connect for about 10 minutes, nothing.

Here is a screenie...

Desolate

Banned deucer.
I have tried it for a while now, so yes I have. I'll try some more though :)
Edit: I let it connect for about 10 minutes, nothing.
If you're running a firewall or anti-virus software, make sure PO is allotted on both; ensure PO has an incoming and outgoing rule on port 5080 under TCP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)