Team S.I.P

Here is a team I came up with after a couple weeks of figuring stuff out, and I feel confident with the 6 I have. I don't get to play much, but with the time I do have it seems to be doing pretty well on PS. Not top 500 or anything, but I'd say its getting consistent wins. That said, I'm more than open for critique to help the team grow as best as possible.
So here is the team at first glance...

Teambuilding Process:
Hazard settling is my favorite way to start games ever since I got into OU, so Skarmory and Forretress were added to fill that need. With the addition of Goodra in the game, I really would like to think of it as a replacement to Skarmory/Blissey, so that was added. Than I added a rapid spinner that I needed with Starmie, I like to think of hazard teams as a yin/yang kind of thing. If you want to set hazards, you should also have a way to get rid of them. Thats just always how I thought, than the final 2 slots were needed for sweepers. This was a process to say the least... Scizor, Lucario, Latios, Latias, the list goes on for Pokemon I tried to have on the team... but I feel like Cloyster and Aegislash appeal to my playstyle the best and give this team the sweeping and endgame power it needs to make it a threat.

So lets get to it!

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Just your everyday Skarmory, I've been on the fence with Brave Bird for awhile can never put myself to do it. The setup is just so defensive and with the correct reads can really put the start of the game heavily in my favor. Custap berry gives it that last ditch effort to lay down a taunt or hazard.

Forretress @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 18 SDef / 30 Spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

If Skarmory doesn't go well for whatever reason, Forretress is there to clean up the mess or come in the mid-game to throw out some last ditch hazards. I like using Skarmory as a bait to bring out the opponents Spinner or Defogger, than I try to bring out something to sweep that. Than Forretress comes in later to land a few more hazards with no worries of anything to stop it. If Skarmory is a success, coming into the game to give a couple of Toxic Spikes is just icing on the cake.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SDef / 240 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Aegislash seems to be making a huge wave in the community right now for being a very versatile Pokemon, it can be hard to kill, and it can pack the punch needed to sweep entire teams if they don't come prepared. This seems to be it's bread and butter set, but I'm open to suggestions.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SDef
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Just a basic Cloyster with Sash. Very simplistic and easy to use Pokemon, shell smash, hope you survive that turn. Sweep until you're dead. I've made many of comebacks with this set, and Focus Sash has had a HUGE role in letting that happen. Overall just a serious threat that can be the deciding factor in a match.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Another bread and butter set, 3 versatile sweeping moves with 2 STABs. With Life Orb by its side, it can definitely be able to take out some threats. Having Rapid Spin is also a very useful touch of course.

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SAtk / 100 SDef
Calm Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Flamethrower

Such a tank... contact moves lowering the opponents speed thanks to gooey, with substitute, makes this a Pokemon such a reward to take down. Sludge Bomb to go against the Fairy types. I love the use of Dragon Tail with this team as well, if hazards are all settled in the game. Forcing a switch out can just keep adding damage, and the best case scenario, making most of the opponents team Toxic. I see this Pokemon doing very well in the future.
So yeah thats the team, many thanks for reading! Hoping for some good advice :)

SpD heatran with a little support will destroy this team, just need something to switch intro starmie and cloyster but without recover on starmie. Goodra can't touch him and the other three die to fire moves (though aegis can hurt a lot with sword.) Generally don't run three steel types, skarm and forre in general is really redundant. Goodra can wall some stuff but that's it, I feel like a LO lati@s would be more useful in hurting foes. Or maybe a chomp who can still fuck up all the fairies and stuff.

God why so many shit threads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)