Non-Pokébank OU Tapu Loko

I absolutely love the over powered Tapus, so I said to myself, why not make a team that uses every single one of them?

I've played a few battles with this team and I've definitely lost battles, but I find myself winning more than losing.

My first mon is Scarf Lele

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

The reason behind this choice is for one, I wanted an all Tapu team. Two, scarf Lele is a monster when it comes to sweeping teams. It's faster than anything other than a ddance mon that has two turns for ddancing and scarf chomp. Timid over modest because it outspeeds Jolly Pheromosa. Psyshock over psychic because who expects psyshock? Also thunderbolt because Celesteela and Skarmory are straight cancer to any team, but especially a team that has all Tapus.

Second Tapu is Band Bulu

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Smart Strike
- Stone Edge

Banded Bulu. A broken mon if I've ever seen one. A 400 attack + grassy terrain boosted + STAB + Choice Banded Wood hammer. Nothing wants to switch in to it and almost nothing wants to straight take it from 100% hp.Stone edge to take care of A-Marrowak and Smart strike to take care of any Tapu my opponent has.

Third Tapu (I'm almost out of them :'( ) Leftovers Fini

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Defog
- Taunt

She's here because it walls Toxapex with taunt and stop things from setting up Swords and dragon dance. Surf over Scald because misty terrain gets rid of chance to burn (I know everyone knows that now, but in case anyone new is reading). Also work as a status fodder because it can't be hit by a status. Also helps get rid of rocks, spikes, or sticky webs if my opponent wants to be "that guy with Smergle". Could possibly be a lead to taunt Smeargle. I'm so focused on Smeargle because sticky webs straight shuts the team down.

Final of the four is specs Koko

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam

And finally the man, the myth, the legend... (Also the whole "pun" behind the team name) Tapu Koko. I chose to use choice specs because it hits like a train. Nothing can switch into a specs + STAB thunder and then take another specs + STAB thunder after being outsped by 394 speed. Also I put U-turn so if the opponent's team has a Mamoswine (or A-Marrowak) I can U-turn out into Fini and break the sash so it can defog the rocks (though the team isn't terribly weak to them, they're annoying ) or go for the surf to kill. Also I chose a negative to defense instead of sp defense because everything that ouspeeds it (other that mosa) is special and most of the time I find myself having this as my final mon and it has to live a scarf Lele psychic/moonblast or a Kingdra Surf.

My last two mons is where I'm extremely open to suggestions with. I've tried to use Scarfed Decidueye and AV Magnezone to specifically deal with Celesteela and Scizor, because they can straight run a train on my team. I didn't find those two working out so I used Scarfed Zygarde 10% with thousand arrows and a bulkiesh mega Scizor. Still finding myself with an empty hole in my heart because they get wrecked by Mamoswine and Magnezone. I also tried for myself a Mamoswine with rocks and I just didn't love it. Now I'm here trying out a Pelipper + Kingdra combo and out of the ten games I've played with them, I've only lost one and it was to a sword dance + batton pass Decidueye into a mega Sharpedo. I feel like it could have been avoided, but I just didn't expect it in the least bit.

Damp rock Pelipper

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

This birb is here to set up rain and pray for a confusion with 100 percent accuracy hurricane. The EVs are something I'm not too sure about. I put max speed with a speed nature, but I lose the slow u-turn capability. Definitely open to suggestions with the Ev spread. Rain on this team helps so much. Whether it's to help set up a 500+ speed Kingdra rain-boosted hydro pump sweep, or to give Koko that 100 percent accuracy Thunder from down under. Blizzard is here for Garchomp or any other 4x weak to ice mon that doesn't OHKO this one.

Finally Specs Kingdra

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Swift swim Kingdra in the rain is nothing to sleep on. It two hits full hp full spd Celesteela with hydro pump OR surf even after leftovers. 252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Surf vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 229-271 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Dragon pulse really doesn't accomplish anything since all the Tapus out, but I don't see another move to put down there. (Now that I look at it I think i'd want draco there giving the situations that I'm put in to need a dragon move) I guess it can help with a water resisting mon like Araquanid, but I wouldn't want to use it unless they only had water resisting mons left. Hp ground because it can hit AV mag hard.

Well that's my team. It is my first post so if i did something wrong, please feel free to let me know what it is and I will fix it and know not to do it again. I'm 110 percent open to suggestions for the last two mons and even the Tapus because I wouldn't be here right now if I wasn't looking for some help. Though I'm probably not going to change out any of the Tapus, given that they're the whole reason behind the team, I'll make a new team trying out any Tapu subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)