SM OU Sylveon Staple Utility Team (OU Meta)

Hey everyone, I'm trying to make a competitive team, with Sylveon being my staple with a team that works together perfectly well.. Currently I'm running a utility team. Please rate and provide advice that will get me through the OU Meta well. Also trying to beat my friend who is running currently Golisopod, Tapu Lele, Salazzle, Tsareena, Lunala, & Tapu Fini(temp).

How my team works is.
1. Set up Smeargle with sticky web, then spore, then baton pass
2. Toxapex uses Toxic spikes switch
3. Necrozma uses reflect, and light screen
4. then the fight begins

Necrozma @ Light Clay
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Flash Cannon
- Earthquake

I use him to set up my dual screens to try and lower the amount of damage that is inflicted to my team. However I am a bit iffy about flash cannon? unless there is a better move for this guy I'll probably leave it with flash cannon. I also run earthquake on him as it seems like a suitable move according to other forums.
Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Toxapex is beast his incredible bulk gives him survivalability as well to be able to set toxic spikes to wear down the enemy team. However I switch him in after using baton pass on smeargle because of sticky web is all I really need of smeargle at that time. After setting up toxic spikes, I think toxapex becomes a dead weight... unless I actually find use for him aside from Toxic spikes lol. I mainly added him cuz he looks awesome but his damage scald doesn't do much :< I guess it is to be expected since he ain't an attacker
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpD
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Wish

I'm planning to carry on my Slyveon from Pokemon Alpha Sapphire because I have the shiny version of it and it is awesome, Eeeveelutions are also my favourite archetypes even if it is overrated. I want Sylveon to be a part of my team at all cost. I'm pretty sure he can work well with the new pokemon as well. Moonblast tends to do a heck of a lot of damage. I would use Hyper Voice, but is Moon blast the better alternative?
Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Tapu Koko is my favourite out of all the island guardians, however I was not 100% sure if it was the right decision by me to work well with my team. His Electric Surge ability makes it so that I can't get spore/sleeping power/hypnosis which is great. Volt switch helps me out of situations when I am stuck or when electric surge runs out.
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpD
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Smeargle is used to set up sticky web, really helpful to help me get priority move chances. He seems to have a spot on my team so far I like him for sticky web then spore follow by baton pass. Focus sash helps me if I am not going first and end up getting OHKO this item helps me to at least set up Sticky web.
Raichu-Alola (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Volt Switch

Raichu works well with Tapu Koko's electric terrain especially if I volt switch into raichu and then thunderbolt as STAB move does pretty decent damage. I also have coverage in fighting and psychic for pokemon that are resistant to Tapu Koko. Volt switch for emergency exits.

Thinking of maybe replacing one of my team members for a Starmie, but thing is Starmie is so squishy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)