Literally everything that gets Boomburst:
Tailow line
Exploud
Vibrava + Flygon
Chatot
Pikipek line

Other:
Klingklang
(also basically what everyone has suggested)

Electric:
Pikachu line
Geodude-Alola line
Electabuzz line
Shinx line
Blitzle line
Eelektrik + Eelektross
Zekrom
Togedemaru
(no Koko b/c that'd be broke)

Literally everything that gets Boomburst:
Tailow line
Exploud
Vibrava + Flygon
Chatot
Pikipek line

Other:
Klingklang
(also basically what everyone has suggested)
TBH I don't think the Boomburst mons should get it except Exploud. And I can't see how the Pikachu line and Togedemaru could even use it. I'm fine with everything else though.

Knight's Blade: I stick by everything I suggested (Mega Gallade (regular can have it, too, but giving it to Mega Gallade is OU relevant), Absol (Mega?), Honedge and Doublade, Farfetch'd, Escavalier, Pawniard line, Kabutops, Oshawott line, Fomantis line). I also like the idea of giving it to the Swords of Justice.

Forecast: Castform (duh) and Maractus, and idk what else tbh.

Time Warp: Celebi, Dialga, maybe Beheeyem for viability's sake

Haunting Scream: Gourgeist makes perfect sense. Othe Ghost that could have it include Gengar, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Cofagrigus, Banette, and Froslass. Also, maybe Primarina and Chatot as it could be a sad or scary song?

Teleport: Everything that gets it before (including from Gen 1, so yay Teleport Magmortar), Reuniclus maybe

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
More descriptions to justify the abilities!

Time Warp

Gardevoir (Alpha Saphire) "Gardevoir has the psychokinetic power to distort the dimensions and create a small black hole. This Pokémon will try to protect its Trainer even at the risk of its own life." being able to create a black hole means it's able to distort time and space, so I guess Time Warp is kind of fitting.

Xatu could be kind of related due to its strong relation with the ability to be able to see past and future and same time according to Pokemon X description "They say that it stays still and quiet because it is seeing both the past and future at the same time." but it probably would be kind of forced, you decide.

I like Yoshiblaze's idea of putting it to Beheeyem for competitive reasons, that'd make it a great late-game sweeper or a "fast" wallbreaker

Haunting Scream

Mismagius (Alpha Saphire) "Its cries sound like incantations to torment the foe. It appears where you least expect it."

Not dex related, but if Meloetta gets Haunting Scream, it'd bet a powerful niche, 60% of chance to put Perish Soung counter would be actually powerful for a specially defensive set.

Last edited:
Kricketune used Haunting Scream! It was super effective!

But seriously, what exactly is Thunderclap supposed to be? Is it just the booming sound of thunder used as an attack or any loud noise that sounds like thunder?

Edit: Also, I just searched up “Pokemon associated with time” and found a Bulbapedia page on time travel in the anime: There was an ADV-era episode where a Baltoy used time travel to rescue its past self and an XY-era episode where a Rotom sent Ash and the gang back into the past to change the past. So maybe Baltoy/Claydol and Rotom should also get the Time Warp ability?

Last edited:
A lot of amorphous mons look like they'd be screamers. Like Eelektross, that mouth looks like its screams would give nightmares and Spiritomb and Palossand.. Also Zu/Golbat looks like a screamer.

Last edited:
Maybe golurk could work with thunder clap? When i hear thunder clap i think of a shock wave of sorts, so pokemon capable of causing earthquakes could work. Also golurk has some sort of energy sealed within itself. Maybe that energy is some sort of electrical charge?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I believe it's supposed to be the sound of lightning when it hits the ground, which would work for storm based pokemon and stuff. sooo

Shouldn't subs be open since it's been 4 days?

E: also, is there like a spreadsheet or something with all the wining submissions?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)