Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

Dunno why but I don't think Rinse Off should be weak in the sun. I imagine in immense heat, getting a refreshing water splash would feel amazing.

Hear me out:
No Weather: 50%
In Rain: 66%
In Sun: 66%, strips water type or fire (if it has) for turn and becomes normal akin to roost.
In Sand: 33%, changes water type to rock or ground with 50% chance of each
In Hail: 25%, freezes user. Ice types using this get 66% healing.

This would be a bit extreme, but Hail would be a way to discourage extreme bulky water spam. Plus it gives Hail a niche.

Of course, this is likely too extreme, but it could mean Sun teams could benefit from defensive water types being present.

Dunno why but I don't think Rinse Off should be weak in the sun. I imagine in immense heat, getting a refreshing water splash would feel amazing.

Hear me out:
No Weather: 50%
In Rain: 66%
In Sun: 66%, strips water type or fire (if it has) for turn and becomes normal akin to roost.
In Sand: 33%, changes water type to rock or ground with 50% chance of each
In Hail: 25%, freezes user. Ice types using this get 66% healing.

This would be a bit extreme, but Hail would be a way to discourage extreme bulky water spam. Plus it gives Hail a niche.

Of course, this is likely too extreme, but it could mean Sun teams could benefit from defensive water types being present.
I think Rinse Off is an opposite of Morning Sun/Moonlight.

If it hasn’t been said yet, I think Volcanion should get Rinse Off too. Just makes sense. I also agree that it should be an effecive opposite of Morning Sun/Moonlight, being better in the rain but worse in other weathers.

If it hasn’t been said yet, I think Volcanion should get Rinse Off too. Just makes sense. I also agree that it should be an effecive opposite of Morning Sun/Moonlight, being better in the rain but worse in other weathers.
Morning Synthlight (as I'm now calling it) is a poor recovery option, though. The tradeoff for Rinse Off should be for only one weather, and it should have the same PP as Recover, so it doesn't fall into the same trap as Morning Synthlight.

Morning Synthlight (as I'm now calling it) is a poor recovery option, though. The tradeoff for Rinse Off should be for only one weather, and it should have the same PP as Recover, so it doesn't fall into the same trap as Morning Synthlight.
So you mean like a rain Shore Up? Or am I misunderstanding what its tradeoff should be?

So you mean like a rain Shore Up? Or am I misunderstanding what its tradeoff should be?
Basically, since it's strengthened in one weather, it should only be weakened in one other weather. Shore Up isn't weakened by any weather at all, but hey, it's a signature move, so whatever.

Phanpy line with Rinse Off could make sense. You see elephants shower with their trunk. Also could work for other pokemon associated with cleanliness, or just Pokemon that would be hilarious to see washing with a bar of soap like Makuhita, or... something with gorgeous hair?

Phanpy line with Rinse Off could make sense. You see elephants shower with their trunk. Also could work for other pokemon associated with cleanliness, or just Pokemon that would be hilarious to see washing with a bar of soap like Makuhita, or... something with gorgeous hair?
*jynx intensifies*

Mamoswine as it's a mammoth.

Also, based on that, Milotic (based on beauty), Furfrou (fabulous fur coat that's styled), Mareep-line (first fluffy, then fabulous), Luvdisc (heart scales), Suicune (purifies water), Ho-oh (created Suicune, regenerated them after the rain, regenerates itself, associated with rainbows), Pyukumuku (Purify and ultra-passive pure water type), Alolan Dugtrio (abulous hair), Goodra (Hydration and evolves when raining), Shaymin and Celebi (both purify forests).

Mamoswine as it's a mammoth.

Also, based on that, Milotic (based on beauty), Furfrou (fabulous fur coat that's styled), Mareep-line (first fluffy, then fabulous), Luvdisc (heart scales), Suicune (purifies water), Ho-oh (created Suicune, regenerated them after the rain, regenerates itself, associated with rainbows), Pyukumuku (Purify and ultra-passive pure water type), Alolan Dugtrio (abulous hair), Goodra (Hydration and evolves when raining), Shaymin and Celebi (both purify forests).
ho-oh is a fire type
fire types as a rule should not get rinse off except Volcanion

ho-oh is a fire type
fire types as a rule should not get rinse off except Volcanion
I know it's a fire type. Emboar gets Sal. But fair enough. It's a good point. I did think someone might say that. Just thought I'd point out the possibility based on the logic presented.

Suicune would be quite boosted by a healing move that lets it stay awake. Rain team Furfrou might become a thing.

As for Acid Melt, I'm thinking add Kingdra to the mix.

Acid Melt does wonders, especially for the grass/poisons who get it. No longer relying on weatherball, Victrebell has perfect coverage using HP Ground except for Zubat, and levitating poisons, and Drifloom. HP Rock also works and smacks flying types hard and only is resisted by Croagunk.

Salazzle only needs it to hit Heatran, though I guess steel types with a fire resistant typing spell trouble. I can only think of Dialga and Empoleon.

Said Empoleon getting Rinse Off will make people shush about its lack of Roost.

Last edited:
Salazzle only needs it to hit Heatran, though I guess steel types with a fire resistant typing spell trouble. I can only think of Dialga and Empoleon.
bastiodon, aggron and stakataka
but those also take neutral from Acid melt so uh yeah

Acid Melt IMHO:

Yes: Zubat, Bellsprout, Grimer (both), Koffing, Tentacool, Seedra, Gulpin, Seviper, Roselia, Groagunk, Sligoo, Trubbish, Foongus, Sandalit, Skrelp, Nihilego
Maybe: Bulbasaur, Oddish, Venonat, Treecko Dustox, Drampa, Heidreigon
NO!: Gastly, Poipole

Acid Melt IMHO:

Yes: Zubat, Bellsprout, Grimer (both), Koffing, Tentacool, Seedra, Gulpin, Seviper, Roselia, Groagunk, Sligoo, Trubbish, Foongus, Sandalit, Skrelp, Nihilego
Maybe: Bulbasaur, Oddish, Venonat, Treecko Dustox, Drampa, Heidreigon
NO!: Gastly, Poipole
I don't think Drampa looks like the acid-spitting type. It doesn't get a single Poison-type attack (besides Toxic). The Treeko line is in the same situation. But I agree with everything else, and I think Octillery, Cradily line, and maybe Seismitoad should get Acid Melt too.

I don't think Drampa looks like the acid-spitting type. It doesn't get a single Poison-type attack (besides Toxic). The Treeko line is in the same situation. But I agree with everything else, and I think Octillery, Cradily line, and maybe Seismitoad should get Acid Melt too.
If Octillery should get it, I guess Blastoise and Clawitzer should get it too.

Sceptile gets a nasty acid attack that burns, poisons and confuses IIRC in the TCG. So I think it fits.

EDIT: Otilery because ink, so I don't think Blastoise and Clawitzer fit.

Sceptile gets a nasty acid attack that burns, poisons and confuses IIRC in the TCG. So I think it fits.
I was unaware of that, I guess Sceptile fits then.

EDIT at below: I just looked and that really is a cool move, too bad it can't work that way in the games :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)