Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake

Honestly the biggest reason I chose sceptile was nostalgia but to be honest I think he's a little underrated. With the swords dance set I chose he can come in on bulky waters like rotom who seemingly never decides to burn you assuming you'll be special so you set up a swords dance and ohko from there. Mega secptile also deals well with mega zard and greninja unless there's a dragon dance or scarf involved, however he is rather frail and has trouble setting up but when you take out the grass types he can run through teams because of his amazing speed tier.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I chose assault vest magearna because even though sceptile can kill greninja you don't want to switch into a hit and scarf lele was a big problem, he functions mostly as a defensive pivot for psychics but he can't do much to lele once he's been chipped too much but his volt switch is critical to get sceptile in safely on things like greninja and rotor. I tried a few other moves but can't seem to land on a good replacement for hidden power fire but it still feels like it could be better. He does however give me a good check to tornadus as well and picks up some good knockouts once the steel types are gone.

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Rotom is my best response to hawlucha and is one of the best mons on the team by far, he can take on landorus really well and defog on the next mon to eat his berry and then switch out. The only problem is if volcarona carries giga drain and gets up a quiver dance it can run through the team without a single thing in its way but I can't seem to patch that weakness without giving hawlucha a free set up on my team after unburden boost. All in all a great pivot and will-o-wisp allows for easier sceptile set up in some cases

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swagger
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Landours is my rocker and another defensive pivot at the same time. He allows me to get my rocks up and provide a soft counter to hawlucha. His natural bulk allows for easy swords dance set up and with screens from koko can easily reach max attack and with rockium z he has very good coverage but I seem to struggle with ferrothorn on this team so perhaps z fly would be better but I run intl the same problem there with hawlucha. Landorus does his job and helps with the steels and rocks but still dies to lele and volcorona

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen

I needed something for stall and I wanted terrain to stop other tapus from keeping it up, that in conjuction with screens makes sure either landorus or sceptile sets up and with u turn I can get out and set up later if needed, he outspeeds most lead mons and can taunt but if they predict I can lose hi. early so I only seem to click taunt on the most passive of mons however he dies most of the time rather early but so long as he allows some set up he is pulling his weight but I still feel like there should be some more offense on the team

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Last slot has been the most difficult with victini scarfed I get the speed control I need and really helps late game. His biggest use is out speeding scarfed lele and getting a big hit in and can ohko after some rocks with v create but he also has to fill the roll of my check to volcorona as he's my only fire resist once rotom is low and giga drain is too common to allow just rotom as my check but with victini trying to fill a defensive roll he tends to get overwhelmed and worn down but is the best lele killer i could find that still resisted fire.

So the team is working to an extent but volcorna, ferrothorn, and hawlucha still can devour my team after losing just one or two mons and with shift gear sets I struggle with magearna once landorus is gone because it now outspeeds sceptile and victini

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)