Super Smash Bros Brawl's Music

So I hear this game "Smash brothers" or something is quite popular recently, and at some point on monday they updated their site. Unfortunately, they didn't give us any character lists or anything like that (yet)... Not even confirmation on whether it uses the Wii remote or the GC controller or both. What they did give us, however, does not disappoint:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music01.html

Way back, we were told that Nobuo Uematsu of Final Fantasy fame would be involved. His name is oddly absent from this list, but in his place is a myriad of great talent from all over the videogames industry. If you look at the list of games these people have worked on, it begins to resemble a top 50 best games of all time list: Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, NiGHTS into Dreams, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Grandia, Killer7 etc. as well as the obvious Nintendo owned ones such as Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Fire Emblem. In short, this list is incredible. But the biggest promise it brings is not the assuredly outstanding quality of the game's music, but the possibilty of other contributions by the companies these musicians belong to, namely characters such as Sonic, NiGHTS, Sora, the guy from No More Heroes, maybe DANTE? CRONO????

Expect speculation like the above to run rampant. Regardless, if things keep progressing the way they are (the graphics look quite nice as well imo), we will have one MAJOR hit on our hands, and quite possibly Nintendo's equivalent of Halo 3, if not even more than that. All in all I'd expect another Wii shortage come this holiday season. I can't wait since my friends and I play SSBMelee regularly to this day.

if i remember correctly, the Wii shortage has not yet ended....and i hope that the score for this game is just epic because solid snake is in it and he is THE bomb...which is better than da bomb

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
While the roster of musicians is extensive, I do not believe we will see many of those games featured in Brawl, I see a max of up to 4 3rd Party characters, because Super Smash is still primarily a Nintendo themed game (Snake, Sonic, Megaman, possibly Tails/Knuckles and a carefully selected FF character; I don't see anything beyond these). Melee is still played and bought today and I expect Brawl to exceed that. It will be an amazing game if the music is any indication of what it will be like. This will sell Wiis and the shortage will continue well into next year in my opinion. While people are noting not many big name titles are being released for the Wii currently, Metroid, Mario and Brawl will still be huge console sellers. I await Brawl and any inclusion of Pokemon (Deoxys please!), 3rd Party, and 1st Party characters, this is my most awaited game this year; I cannot wait.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I will basically be buying a Wii for this game alone (along with the classic SNES/NES/etc. games).

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very nice line up of composers. The music from the SSB line of games has always been composed fantastically from the variety of each stage. Each stage based from a Nintendo game matches that of the corresponding game, such as Earthbound's Fourside stage or Pokémon's Pokémon Stadium. The orchestra is so nice. It's neat too to find a variety of cast members from other third party series. Yoko Shimomura is very interesting too since she worked on the Kingdom Hearts series, which has a vast amount of corresponding areas, like SSBB would.

I feel that it is important to say that if you've read of all the cast members for the orchestra for SSBB, that does not mean that a specific character is going to be in the game just because one of the composers worked on this or that game. For example, Tomoko Sasaki who worked on NiGHTS doesn't mean that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Bean, Woof, Dr. Robotnik, or NiGHTS will be featured in SSBB.

Okay, I'm done here. Can't wait for Q4 for I guess.

Edit: zerowing is basically right, except it's maxed up to 3 total if I recall.

Also getting a Wii just for this game.
I like the new site, but I really want a release date...

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I will basically be buying a Wii for this game alone (along with the classic SNES/NES/etc. games).

Holy shit DM you like Squirrel Nut Zippers, too?

Also, I had a dream about Brawl the other night. I didn't want to wake up.

PS: also music is...wonderful

I can't wait for this game! I've been staying up till 4 am every day just for the smashbros updates [/nerd]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)