Sun & Moon UU Speculation and Discussion Thread - Updated with UU Alpha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yo I don't want to write an essay but I have a team which is quite fun (not for opp). This team is a tribute to my ORAS team "Blue Mania" which became unusable after Dugtrio ban. RIP

2 GOOD FOR PINK (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass / Sword Dance
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- X-Scissor

PINK DISASTER (Absol-Mega) @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Pursuit / Sword Dance

PINK EYES? (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Protect / Toxic

PINK SALAMANDER (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

PINK FAIRY MOM (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam / Air Slash
- Wish / Thunder Wave / Nasty Plot

PINK BLOB (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect / Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

A standard ShedStall team,

Shedinja is what the team is based around, providing some nice immunities, in all types except Dark, Ghost, Flying, Fire and Rock. It also spreads burns and gives momentum if you choose to use Baton Pass or is a solid sweeper if you choose Sword Dance.

Absol is there as it is nice paired with Shedinja as it is a switch-in to non STAB Dark and ghost attacks while also having the ability to outright block hazards with Magic Bounce. I usually lead with this and mega on turn one while almost always also clicking protect on that turn.

Bronzong gives me rocks, several resistances and also a check to Victini if it clicks electric move.

Quagsire is a good way to stop setup sweepers and also spreads status very well, it gives the team a Fire resist which is the only type that wasn't covered as a Shedinja weakness.

Togekiss gives me a good way to stop Fighting types with Dark coverage or vice versa, it also gives my team further hazard control which is needed if you want to build a successful Shedinja team.

Blissey is the glue to all stall teams and almost everyone knows what it does. Gives me a cleric and also a WishPasser.

Haven't been seeing too much of this Gen 1 threat around on the ladder, but I've been finding him to be pretty good right now. Sub/Disable is my favorite set at the moment

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

People seem to have completely forgotten this is a thing, but with Gengar's relatively good offensive typing it's pretty simple to land yourself a free substitute. Once you get a sub up, this thing is an absolute menace. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave can smack everything pretty hard, even without a Life Orb boost. Additionally, this guy is a Choice Item users worst nightmare, as with a single Disable you can render the opposing mon completely useless, and net yourself another Substitute. It's surprisingly easy to weaken a large portion of the opposing team off a single substitute if they don't have a solid answer, since most offensive mons take a large chunk of damage or outright die if hit super-effectively, and most passive mons will only have a single attack to threaten you. With this set, you can effectively punish Fairies, Coba/Terrak/Keldeo, Choice Locked mons, some variants of Jirachi, Breloom, Celebi, and a multitude of other things that can only threaten you with a single coverage move, or otherwise don't appreciate a Shadow Ball/Sludge Wave.

Aside from Sub/Disable, Gengar makes a pretty good offensive Spinblocker. I've had a good amount of success with Life Orb/Focus Sash 3 Attacks + Taunt, and Will-o/Hex as well. Offensive teams really don't want to switch into Life Orb Gengar at all, and Will-o/Hex hits things deceptively hard even without a LO boost. The loss of ground immunity hurts, but he's still got the ever useful Fighting immunity, as well as a Fairy resistance that can be utilized in a pinch (although it'll still hurt since Gengar is stupidly frail). His biggest downfall at the moment is most definitely Weavile, who will completely ruin you if you aren't behind a Substitute. Even so, this Ghost is definitely still worth some consideration between its good combination of speed+power, and useful typing to back it up.

Considering most of PinkCore that was OU (Slowbro, Gliscor (better Gligar), Mew) are back in UU, how viable is a PinkCore backbone now?

Yo I don't want to write an essay but I have a team which is quite fun (not for opp). This team is a tribute to my ORAS team "Blue Mania" which became unusable after Dugtrio ban. RIP

2 GOOD FOR PINK (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass / Sword Dance
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- X-Scissor

PINK DISASTER (Absol-Mega) @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Pursuit / Sword Dance

PINK EYES? (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Protect / Toxic

PINK SALAMANDER (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

PINK FAIRY MOM (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam / Air Slash
- Wish / Thunder Wave / Nasty Plot

PINK BLOB (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect / Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

A standard ShedStall team,

Shedinja is what the team is based around, providing some nice immunities, in all types except Dark, Ghost, Flying, Fire and Rock. It also spreads burns and gives momentum if you choose to use Baton Pass or is a solid sweeper if you choose Sword Dance.

Absol is there as it is nice paired with Shedinja as it is a switch-in to non STAB Dark and ghost attacks while also having the ability to outright block hazards with Magic Bounce. I usually lead with this and mega on turn one while almost always also clicking protect on that turn.

Bronzong gives me rocks, several resistances and also a check to Victini if it clicks electric move.

Quagsire is a good way to stop setup sweepers and also spreads status very well, it gives the team a Fire resist which is the only type that wasn't covered as a Shedinja weakness.

Togekiss gives me a good way to stop Fighting types with Dark coverage or vice versa, it also gives my team further hazard control which is needed if you want to build a successful Shedinja team.

Blissey is the glue to all stall teams and almost everyone knows what it does. Gives me a cleric and also a WishPasser.
Just curious, why are you running Protect on Absol? Previously it would have been used to never be saddled with the base form's speed, but in gen 7 you get the Mega form's speed on the turn it mega evolves. Not to mention that with Sucker Punch easing the transition, I don't think Mega Absol even used Protect last gen. It seems like that slot could be better served with coverage like Play Rough, Iron Tail, Superpower, or Fire Blast. Just a thought.

Jirachi @ Normalium Z
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Energy Ball / Thunderbolt

me Hikari and GrilledClawitzer were discussing this set earlier, and it actually wrecks a lot of the tier. jirachis natural bulk lets it set up fairly easily - you can actually get a happy hour boost on lo weavile, unless it gets max rolls on both knock and ice shard at +1 defense. the coverage is pretty customizable, but i find this to be the best way to go. iron head just generally gets stuff in ko range of the coverage moves (i.e. ih + eball gets rid of keldeo), is a reliable stab, and can clutch games with flinching, but you already know that...fire punch is mainly for zor and other rachis, both of which are extremely common atm. eball / tbolt is basically preference but with eball u fuck with quagsire / krook / diggers while with tbolt you hit zardy, which are all important targets. the main point of grass or elec coverage though is to obviously fuck with waters, slowbro in particular cause that hard stops this set otherwise unless you like flinching it to death.

overall this is a pretty underutilized set at the moment - ive seen it on the ladder a fair number of times, but when i have seen it people just generally run bad coverage and rely too much on iron head flinches, but z-happy hour rachi is a massive threat if u run the right coverage on it

hikari also brought up z-snatch honch which is a little gimmicky, but +2 spe and moxie is pretty threatening in itself and given that every team is offensive as fuck at the moment it seems like it could potentially be anti-meta. but then again its honch so idk...

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just curious, why are you running Protect on Absol? Previously it would have been used to never be saddled with the base form's speed, but in gen 7 you get the Mega form's speed on the turn it mega evolves. Not to mention that with Sucker Punch easing the transition, I don't think Mega Absol even used Protect last gen. It seems like that slot could be better served with coverage like Play Rough, Iron Tail, Superpower, or Fire Blast. Just a thought.
I'm using it so I don't have to sack Absol turn one of my opponent decided to attack and not put up hazards.

Considering most of PinkCore that was OU (Slowbro, Gliscor (better Gligar), Mew) are back in UU, how viable is a PinkCore backbone now?
Add a couple of Weavile answers and it'll probably be quite good, only other thing is tht balance isn't a very good and I personally wouldn't use that on Stall.

Last edited:
Wanted to make a quick post about fatmons, M-slowbro and big poppa Tangrowth. I made a pretty bad semistall team but these two are putting in so much work by themselves right now, and Slowbro is such a strong wincon I could see it getting a suspect way down the line.

From what I've been seeing this,

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Is basically the standard set that people have been using for m-bro, although i've heard some people talk about running more defense for certain threats like band Kyurem or banded weavile, but I like the maximized Spdef since 80 spdef isn't all that great. M-bro is so hard to break after a couple calm mind boosts that unless you have toxic or a phazer (which are pretty uncommon right now) you basically lose, so the main way I've seen to deal with it is just trying to beat it down before it can set up which is pretty hard if your opponent plays it well and doesn't bring it in they can get a free set up opportunity vs most non banded or Z attackers and proceed to sweep the rest of your team with relative ease. One of the best things about M-bro though is its ability to come in a bunch of times before mega evolving to sponge resisted hits fire off scalds and get all the health it lost back with regenerator, and it forms a solid regen core with stuff like Tang and Amoonguss. I like pairing it with gigalith at the moment since it isnt the best Zard or Victini answer and Gigalith walls both of them pretty well with the rest set.

Speaking of Tang,

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

This set has been putting in a ton of work for me, with Hp ice for Zydoge and Gliscor and Rock slide to hit Zard and Tini on the switch and to hit Volcarona while its setting up, with rocky helmet being an item rarely seen in oras uu outside of Alomomola and Krook being incredibly helpful for wearing down physical threats on stall and semistall. This thing is a pretty reliable check to most ground types that have been popping up like Dog and Krook and sd Gliscor, being a pretty good check to band Azu, and eating basically any weaker physical attack from stuff like Rachi and Gigalith. Sleep powder also helps alot when paired with Slowbro as you can generally get a free setup with it if they try to burn sleep turns.

Overall right now is not a bad time for semistall or full stall, though in my experience most attempts at balance are killed at teambuilder since there are just too many threats to cover with too few teamslots. Thanks for the read and try not to hate too hard on stall players right now lol n_n

I'm honestly surprised that I don't see this at all. Choice Scarf Rotom-C has been a valuable asset for many of my games so far. With so many waters, flyings and grounds in the tier, the amount of work this thing can put in is substantial. It's also probably one of the best offensive Azumarill checks to have thanks to the Aqua Jet resistance and the fact that Leaf Storm OHKOs most variants. It's a great Ground immunity outside Zydoge's thousand arrows and can pivot with Volt Switch and Trick its scarf on to fat mons.

This does have matchup issues vs Weavile, Mamoswine, Goodra and Thundurus-T, but it's not too difficult pairs this up with checks to those.

Snorlax @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 112 Atk / 180 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
-
-
-

Ever wished Snorlax got recover/slack off etc? Well now it kinda does with recycle, gluttony and Aguav berry's buff. This berry now restores 50% hp when at 25%, which means with gluttony whenever you hit 50% lax is getting 50% of its hp back. Combined with Recycle, you can do this again and again and basically have recover with a few quirks- via recycle you can essentially "queue" recovers, so next time you switch in to a powerful attack you're automatically healed back up by the berry, which is really handy, but because Knock Off is fucking borked as usual you can't recycle after being hit by it, and so your recovery is cut off for the entire match. Still though, it's really handy, and you can utilise it in both offensive and defensive sets. You do lose thick fat though unfortunately, which is annoying in a Zard-Y dominated tier.

I'm not entirely convinced of Lax's viability in this meta as it stands, but this is a really useful thing to take advantage of if you decide to try it out.

(Oh and that spread avoids the 2hko from both LO Latias Psyshock and Specs Sylv Hyper Voice with rest in attack, if anyone was wondering)

Last edited:

Snorlax @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 112 Atk / 180 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
-
-
-

Ever wished Snorlax got recover/slack off etc? Well now it kinda does with recycle, gluttony and Aguav berry's buff. This berry now restores 50% hp when at 25%, which means with gluttony whenever you hit 50% lax is getting 50% of its hp back. Combined with Recycle, you can do this again and again and basically have recover with a few quirks- via recycle you can essentially "queue" recovers, so next time you switch in to a powerful attack you're automatically healed back up by the berry, which is really handy, but because Knock Off is fucking borked as usual you can't recycle after being hit by it, and so your recovery is cut off for the entire match. Still though, it's really handy, and you can utilise it in both offensive and defensive sets. You do lose thick fat though unfortunately, which is annoying in a Zard-Y dominated tier.

I'm not entirely convinced of Lax's viability in this meta as it stands, but this is a really useful thing to take advantage of if you decide to try it out.

(Oh and that spread avoids the 2hko from both LO Latias Psyshock and Specs Sylv Hyper Voice with rest in attack, if anyone was wondering)
Is a boosted Gluttony worth losing Thick Fat though? It's niche in Gen 6 was an Entei check and boosting with CurseLax.

Mega Aerodactyl is actually amazing in this meta, and it's easily the second best mega imo, behind Zard of course. When you look at a lot of the big threats in the tier, Aerodactyl checks most of them, and revenge kills even more. It's faster than plus one Dragonite, and can kill it if multi scale is broken, which is not that hard if you keep up hazards, especially when the best hazard control in Starmie and Latias are pursuit bait. Hone Claws is a very good late game sweeper, and can end games easily against a lot of cookie cutter offense builds, as weavile or kyub need to be kept alive for them to stand a chance against this thing. I haven't seen it as much as uu last gen, which is to be expected because new toy syndrome, but it still performs just as well, if not even better in this meta.

Z-Celebrate Jirachi is actually retarded, and if you don't pack a check to it, prepare to lose to the stupid thing.

Weavile is so broken, it's not only really fast, it also hits hard, has priority, arguably one of the best stab combos you could ask for, and pursuit is really good when the two most popular hazard removers are weak to it. If you haven't used this thing yet, you really should, it's one of the most busted things in the tier right now.

Volcanion is really cool. I've been using Grassium z on it, since it baits in all of the bulky waters of the tier, and it can easily punch holes into teams, especially if their bulky water dies.

Alakazam is kind of meh, and it's mainly because if your opponent has Weavile, which a lot of them will, it can only get one kill before it gets trapped and dies. Once Weavile goes, I'm sure it will be busted again.

Same thing goes for Gengar, it's certainly not bad at all and demolishes most bulky mons with Taunt + 3 attacks, but it hates the fact that Weavile is always waiting to ruin its fun. (I'm too lazy to do it, but I should make an ms paint with Weavile bullying zam and gar).

Hydreigon is still scary as fuck. I've really been liking specs since dark pulse is so spammable, and all out attacker is still going to get a kill unless you misplay 90% of the time.

This is basically ORAS OU lite

This is basically ORAS OU lite
That pretty much sums of the state of this UU. I think new toys are still the big thing, so I haven't seen how things like Mew have been performing, nor things like Thundy-T. I keep wanting to try things like Kommo-o, but every time I want to do a sweeper set, I always find myself using Terrak since it has SD and RP and has amazing stabs as well.

This is the team than i have been using to stay in the high ladder (top1 as KaenSoul right now)

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Entei @ Grassium Z
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Solar Beam
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Transform

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Gigalith take care of special threats put rocks, and usually kill himself when he is not getting a next turn, Forretres keeps a lot of broken stuff in check, Keldeo usually attack and kill something, Entei is cool, nodoby use his counters now, Ditto won more games by himself than the others for some reason, Scizor is busted
The team isnt perfect, MSlowbro is a pain in the ass and Specs Keldeo would be annoying if used more

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone style. Does some real work, with Scarf being able to outspeed up to Weavile and trapping steels, which are worth more than before; serves as a check to many things like Weavile and Lycanroc while trapping steels like Scizor.

-

sorry for the question, but how many usage a mon needs to be UU? like right now it's possible to know what is going to be RU?

sorry for the question, but how many usage a mon needs to be UU? like right now it's possible to know what is going to be RU?
I don't think an RU will be created after this month ends. I expect an RU alpha to be released when UU becomes "official" for lack of a better term, which will be after its first month of "beta."

But I believe the usage required to rise/drop a tier will function like it did last gen. If you remember how they worked in Gen 6 post Mega split you know what to expect here.

Okay so my first game on the UU alpha includes me failing to predict leads and being confused as to how Comfey's ability actually works. But skip to turn 19 and see the monster that is Toucannon ruin this man's day.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuualpha-502251952

My opponent underestimates the angry bird not once, but three times, resulting in a forfeit. In all seriousness, this thing will be an unstoppable wallbreaker in whatever tier it lands in.

Turtonator is absolute ass, though.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
I've heard Jirachi is in UU (dropped? I can't remember if it was OU last gen or not) - and with the advent of Z-moves, I've thought of this set. Thoughts?

Jirachi @ Steelium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Doom Desire
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
well, I don't like how SM OU looks, so I've been playing around here. This meta is probably next to worthless as an indication of what UU will actually look like (mark my words, alola-marowak will fall to RU or something), but I can see some things that may be cool.

First one is Alolan-Muk. Definitely not a good enough Pokemon for OU, but in UU it functions as...something like a poor man's tyranitar. I haven't really had a game where Muk has done nothing. It's really likely that at least some threatening psychics and ghosts will remain in UU, and having Muk on your team essentially neuters them. If not, it still has STAB knock off, priority, and that wonderful ability which is just icing on the cake. He's generally a really useful pivot that will almost always make at least a 1 for 1 trade. try him out.

happy hour jirachi is kind of underpowered and I don't like it that much. but the thing is damn hard to kill and damn hard to stop from setting up, so I see the appeal. If it has the right coverage, it's probably going to wreck you.

Mega slowbro is awesome and if you're not using it you're a silly.

looking forward to when this becomes an actual tier. Does it get updated with the january usage stats?

After the initial shock, I can't help but chuckle at the current UU metagame. Probably about 15 or 20 Mons will move back up to OU once the newness of Sun and Moon wears off. For example, Azumarill is likely going to go back up to OU by usage alone. Tapu Fini does not replace Azu in any way and it's an incredible sweeper or bulky attacker in any tier it ends up in. There's a bunch of other good Pokémon that I see gaining more OU usage as time goes on, like Zard Y and Scizor (I don't see Lele keeping it locked out of OU). Things like Mimikyu will not be remaining OU as people realize they're actually not that good in the tier.

Hopefully the kinks will be worked out sooner than later, and we'll have an accurate representation of the tier. For now, has anyone messed with Shiinotic? Sure Amoonguss does most of what it does better, but the Fairy typing with Moonblast and Strength Sap give it a niche. And should Amoonguss rise back up, it can fill the gap. I'll be building a team with it and testing it out and let everyone know my personal feedback. It's a lot better in a tier without Tapu Fini or Koko.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry / Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

This thing was surprisingly underwhelming. It has many setup chances and it eats lower ladder alive, but the moment you start facing decent teams you realize how hard is sweeping with it. You need to kill / heavily wear down Aerodactyl-Mega, Araquanid, Blissey, Dragonite, Entei, Gigalith, Salamence, Snorlax, etc before even thinking about sweeping. If you aren't healthy, you can't sweep if Charizard-Y, Volcanion, Azumarill, Assault Vest Tornadus-T, etc are alive. And additionally getting rid of Stealth Rock is a must, middgame utility is incredibly mediocre, and that even at +1 some Choice Scarf users outspeed

HP Ice can be used to hit Dragonite and Salamence, but then it can't break Keldeo, Primarina, etc.

I have been theorizing Z-Hurricane on Volcarona a bit, but haven't tested it yet. It does some funny stuff like

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 311-366 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 274-323 (92.2 - 108.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 339-399 (112.2 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 339-399 (104.9 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Flying]
- Dark Pulse / Grass Knot / Superpower / Focus Blast

In my opinion, Thundurus-I is better than Therian in almost every scenario. However, Thundurus-T has enough Speed (101 base speed. ie: faster than Scarf / Happy Hour Jirachi) to work as a Choice Scarf user, and the 20 additional Satk is quite noticeable when you aren't using Nasty Plot. Not the best thing ever, but a fairly decent revenge killer that fits into Volturn cores.

Important reason to use this set

252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Dark Pulse vs. +1 0 HP / 0+ SpD Jirachi: 116-138 (34 - 40.4%) -- 40.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus-Therian: 110-129 (36.7 - 43.1%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Fuck that cancerous bullshit rachi

Gigalith @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

yeah this thing is basically our version of ttar and fits in like every team. It tanks an absurd amount of bullshit, can run a bunch of spreads, and checks a fuckload of important threats: Charizard-Y, Salamence, Dragonite, Victini, Staraptor, Thundurus, Volcarona, etc. This thing is definitely staying in the tier.

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Sleep Talk

This shit is actually really fucking good; it's basically an specially based zydoge. It only needs to click Boomburst 95% of the times and it's really fucking hard for offense and even balance to deal with it

252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 118-140 (34.6 - 41%) -- 64.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 143-168 (41.6 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 190-225 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 259-306 (80.1 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Muk: 159-187 (38.4 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I honestly found no reason to even bother with Heat Wave while I was testing this thing; it just made Sleep Talk less reliable. Just pair it with another hard hitter that can take advantage of the shit that beat it (Blissey, Gigalith, etc) and you should be fine

Jirachi @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Energy Ball
- Fire Punch

This shit is fucking stupid. I cared more about maintaining and Attack than about doing big damage with Energy Ball; it gets the job done without any investment anyway, unless you play super passively and then try to wallbreak with this crap. At +1 Jirachi is weak as shit, but the massive bulk boost makes you borderline impossible to OHKO, which drastically increases your chances of flinching your way to victory.

This set doesn't hit hard and it's ass at actually smacking semi bulky shit, but gets Happy Hour Jirachi gets carried by its ability to bullshit its way to victory.

PS: Can you fucking stop with Happy Hour / Iron Head / Zen Headbutt / Drain Punch? it's garbage. Actually, keep doing your thing. I like winning

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes / Attract / Megahorn / Literally anything, you aren't going to use it anyway

Necrozma @ Rockium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Power Gem
- Moonlight
- Stored Power

This is a truly ~~balanced~~ strategy.

Scolipede is what Ninjask would be if it didn't have a shit typing. You can pass multiple times through a game because you are using a good Pokemon. Toxic Spikes helped my team break through shit like Blissey and Umbreon better, but it was hardly necessary. More often than not you can force something out and Sub, Protect on your counter and then BP +2 Speed.

With that spread Necrozma outspeeds Aerodactyl-Mega. Stored Power, Moonlight and Calm Mind are self-explanatory. So why do I run Power Gem?

List of things that tend to switch into Scolipede:

Aerodactyl-Mega
0 SpA Necrozma Continental Crush vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aerodactyl-Mega: 294-346 (97.6 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Charizard-Mega-Y
0 SpA Necrozma Continental Crush vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 496-588 (167 - 197.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Entei
0 SpA Necrozma Continental Crush vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 358-422 (96.4 - 113.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Not only that, it also makes you Knock Off proof

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 158-187 (39.6 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Necrozma Continental Crush vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 324-382 (115.3 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Helps you break through some stuff

+1 0 SpA Necrozma Continental Crush vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 252-297 (73.4 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0 SpA Necrozma Continental Crush vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 306-361 (94.1 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+2 0 SpA Necrozma Continental Crush vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Araquanid: 296-350 (87 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

With enough Speed passed, Necrozma 1v1s both Cresselia and Slowbro.

With +2 Speed this is what happens to a Slowbro that is +1+1 behind in the CM war
+6 0 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (300 BP) vs. +5 252 HP / 176 SpD Slowbro: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cresselia deals with that better
+6 0 SpA Necrozma Stored Power (300 BP) vs. +5 240 HP / 0 SpD Cresselia: 180-213 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

but

6 0 SpA Cresselia Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Necrozma: 108-127 (27.1 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

It's gonna be forced to Moonlight more often than Necro

If you are two CM ahead, you pretty much just win, unless the Cresselia user is ungodly lucky.

=====

Small team dump. One was basically top 5 on the ladder, the other went 20, the other 24-1 because I threw an early game

This one used to have Volca but, it wasn't reliable enough for me. Not a lot of apparent synergy with Gigalith's ability, but I made it work my way

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Breloom is the latest addition to the team. It basically went undefeated with only 5 Pokemon before that. Swellow + Terrakion is stupid good. Jirachi is lame as shit

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Sleep Talk

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Jirachi @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Energy Ball
- Fire Punch

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

"I want to show how stupid BP is". Made a 3 min team and stomped everyone I faced on the ladder. Necrozma is god in BP. Serperior needs 1 Speed boost to snowball like crazy (which means that even my pede is low after attempting to sweep with Necrozma, I can just Protect and pass to Serperior later on). Keldeo resists some key stuff and kinda decent at +1 Speed. Muk isn't really a recipient, it just checks some important stuff, like Gengar, and gets rid of Latias if I want to sweep with Keldeo; however, I have managed to clean up with it at +5 Speed.

Your opp better have Roar, Whirlwind or the only "usable" Pokemon with Haze. Clear Smog would be more reliable if:

- Amoonguss could break Pede's sub with it. Necrozma gonna nuke it with Stored Power even without Satk boosts
- Gastrodon wasn't Serperior bait

I call it "The only problem was Celebi guys!!!"
Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes

Necrozma @ Rockium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Power Gem
- Moonlight
- Stored Power

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Explosion
- Overheat

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Atm there's so many offensive threats that just put that core on its neck right now...Kyurem-B, Charizard-Y, Weavile, Volcarona, which sets up on Mew, Thundurus, Thundurus-T, just threats like these and more make it hard to run typical Balance in general, at least with a core like this. You gotta either go HO, Offense, or hardcore Stall to thrive rn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)