VGC 18 Suicune

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
[OVERVIEW]

* Suicune serves as an excellent bulky support Pokemon that is capable of providing a reliable form of speed control consistently.
* Its solid bulk and only two weaknesses allow Suicune to tank a wide range of attacks and make it an excellent switch-in to Heatran, Volcarona, Tapu Fini, rain teams, and sand teams.
* Suicune further sets itself apart from other bulky Water-types by possessing valuable support options such as Snarl, Tailwind, and Roar. Combined with its excellent bulk, it can apply these moves consistently throughout the battle.
* The abundance of Z-Moves and Tapu Koko makes using Suicune harder, as there are now much easier ways to KO it, and as such, they need to be played around carefully.
* Tapu Fini and Milotic give Suicune competition in the bulky Water-type role, as they possess somewhat similar levels of bulk and have far more useful abilities.

[SET]
name: Offensive Support
move 1: Scald
move 2: Tailwind
move 3: Snarl / Protect
move 4: Ice Beam / Icy Wind
item: Mago Berry
ability: Pressure
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 20 SpD / 20 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Scald serves as Suicune's primary STAB move, dealing sufficient damage to the likes of Heatran, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Incineroar and having a 30% chance to burn the opposing Pokemon, effectively crippling physical attackers.
* Tailwind is the speed control of choice, as it doubles your entire team's Speed and helps outspeed threats like Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Mega Metagross, and Quiver Dance Volcarona after a boost.
* Snarl helps weaken your opponent's special attackers and increases your team's longevity. Combined with an Intimidate user, it helps weaken both your opponent's physically and specially offensive capabilities. As an alternative, Protect can be used over Snarl to scout for incoming Z-Moves and stall out Trick Room or your opponent's Tailwind.
* Ice Beam guarantees OHKO on Mega Salamence and non-Assault Vest Landorus-T, both of which are popular Pokemon in VGC 2018.
* As an additional form of speed control, Icy Wind can be used over Ice Beam on bulkier variants, but it lacks offensive pressure.
* Mago Berry is Suicune's item of choice, as it greatly helps with longevity, healing 50% of its HP.
* A Calm Nature with 252 HP and 20 Special Defense EVs gives Suicune a great deal of special bulk and allows it to tank Z-Moves like Tapu Lele's Shattered Psyche and Heatran's Bloom Doom after a Snarl, and it can also survive boosted special attacks like Tapu Fini's Moonblast and Volcarona's Giga Drain.
* 212 Special Attack EVs allow Suicune to always OHKO uninvested Mega Salamence with Ice Beam and 2HKO Heatran with Scald.
* 252 HP and 4 Defense EVs allow Suicune to survive 252 Attack Jolly Kartana's Leaf Blade and gives Suicune more overall bulk when combined with a Mago Berry.
* 20 Speed EVs allow Suicune to outspeed Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T in Tailwind, and the remaining EVs were dumped into Special Defense for general bulk.
* Mega Kangaskhan is an excellent teammate, as it helps Suicune set up Tailwind thanks to its Fake Out support and takes out opposing Tapu Koko with Parental Bond-boosted Double-Edge.
* Mega Salamence goes well with Suicune, as it helps take down Grass-type Pokemon, which otherwise threatens Suicune, and provides Intimidate support prior to its Mega Evolution.
* Incineroar has great synergy with Suicune, providing Fake Out support so Suicune can set up Tailwind safely, serving as a Grass-type check, and having access to Intimidate to weaken any physical attackers.
* Tapu Bulu is an efficient Terrain setter that goes well with Suicune, OHKOing Tapu Koko and bulky Water-type Pokemon like Tapu Fini with its Terrain-boosted Grass-type attacks, while also providing recovery with Grassy Terrain.
* Landorus-T serves as an amazing switch-in to Electric-type attacks meant for Suicune, thus giving your team great momentum.
* Offensive Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Volcarona, and Heatran appreciate speed control and thus make good teammates for Suicune.
* While Mago Berry might be the most used item on Suicune, other sets with Psychic Seed or Grassy Seed can be used with Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu, respectively.
* Roar can be considered over Snarl to phaze bulky setup sweepers like Snorlax, Azumarill, and Tapu Fini.
* Alternatively, Mirror Coat can be used to OHKO bulky special attackers with ease after tanking one of their moves. This works especially well against Soundproof Kommo-o, which is unaffected by Snarl and Roar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm still on the squad?

Ok let me see what I can figure out:

Overview:

* With a solid base defensive stats of 100 HP / 115 Def / 115 SpDef, Suicune is capable of tanking a wide range of moves, allowing it to stay and disrupt your opponent with its unique support movepool which consists of Snarl, Icy Wind, Tailwind etc.
This is correct but I feel like it's kind of worded weirdly. I think this should be split into two bullets

* Solid base defensive stats of 100 HP / 115 Def / 115 SpDef and having only two weaknesses allows Suicune to tank a wide range of attacks.

* Suicune further sets itself apart from other bulky Waters by possessing valuable control options such as Snarl, Tailwind, and Roar. Combined with its excellent bulk, it can apply these moves consistently throughout the battle.

* As a pure Water-type Pokemon, Suicune serves as an excellent switch-in against Heatran, Incineroar, Charizard-Mega, Rain spam and Sand teams
Not an excellent switch in on Zard Y due to Solar Beam. I think you want to somehow merge this sentence with the fact that it has 100/115/115 bulk., something it has over the likes of Tapu Fini and Milotic.

* Suicune's mediocre Special Attack stat can be underwhelming, but still helps OHKO popular Pokemon like Landorus-T and Salamence-Mega with sufficient EV's, while dealing a decent chunk of damage to Heatran, Volcarona, Tyranitar, Incineroar etc.
Most Lando-T are AV which means Suicune isn't OHKOing it. I'd probably take out this sentence as a whole because this is a feat that literally any bulky Water can do.

* While Tapu Fini might outclass Suicune thanks to its Ability Misty Surge and part Fairy-typing, Suicune helps fill a specific niche within teams as a support Pokemon.
I think you should just mention that both Fini and Milo give Suicune competition and leave the second part out. Something along the lines of

"Tapu Fini and Milotic give Suicune competition in the bulky Water role as they possess somewhat similar levels of bulk and have far more useful abilities."

You don't need to mention Suicune's primary advantages again as you've mentioned it early on in the section.

Set:
252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 20 SpD / 20 Spe Calm might be a better spread overall. You miss out on the SpDef jump point, but this yields an overall better bulk I think

Slash Icy Wind on the Ice Beam slot IMO.

* Ice Beam guarantees OHKO on Landorus-T and Mega-Salamence, both of which are popular Pokemon used in VGC 18.
might want to change it to along the lines of
"Ice Beam allows Suicune to deal heavy damage to Landorus-T and Mega Salamence, OHKOing both if they lack Assault Vest or Special Defense investment, respectively. It also allows Suicune to chip away at Amoonguss, Tapu Bulu, Kartana, and Kommo-O."

* Wiki Berry is Suicune's item of choice, as it greatly helps with longevity.
Mago > Wiki to confuse Araquanids using Bug Bite

Mega Salamence and Tapu Bulu should be mentioned as teammates. Mega Salamence appreciates Tailwind and Snarl weakening Ice Beams, allowing it to set up more easily. It provides Intimidate for Suicune and covers pesky Grass types. Tapu Bulu helps protect Suicune from Tapu Koko and provides tremendous damage output to cover for Suicune's relative lack of. Suicune's Tailwind helps cover its middling Speed stat and it deters Fire types and opposing Mega Salamence.

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm still on the squad?

Ok let me see what I can figure out:

Overview:

This is correct but I feel like it's kind of worded weirdly. I think this should be split into two bullets

* Solid base defensive stats of 100 HP / 115 Def / 115 SpDef and having only two weaknesses allows Suicune to tank a wide range of attacks.

* Suicune further sets itself apart from other bulky Waters by possessing valuable control options such as Snarl, Tailwind, and Roar. Combined with its excellent bulk, it can apply these moves consistently throughout the battle.

Not an excellent switch in on Zard Y due to Solar Beam. I think you want to somehow merge this sentence with the fact that it has 100/115/115 bulk., something it has over the likes of Tapu Fini and Milotic.

Most Lando-T are AV which means Suicune isn't OHKOing it. I'd probably take out this sentence as a whole because this is a feat that literally any bulky Water can do.

I think you should just mention that both Fini and Milo give Suicune competition and leave the second part out. Something along the lines of

"Tapu Fini and Milotic give Suicune competition in the bulky Water role as they possess somewhat similar levels of bulk and have far more useful abilities."

You don't need to mention Suicune's primary advantages again as you've mentioned it early on in the section.

Set:
252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 20 SpD / 20 Spe Calm might be a better spread overall. You miss out on the SpDef jump point, but this yields an overall better bulk I think

Slash Icy Wind on the Ice Beam slot IMO.

might want to change it to along the lines of
"Ice Beam allows Suicune to deal heavy damage to Landorus-T and Mega Salamence, OHKOing both if they lack Assault Vest or Special Defense investment, respectively. It also allows Suicune to chip away at Amoonguss, Tapu Bulu, Kartana, and Kommo-O."

Mago > Wiki to confuse Araquanids using Bug Bite

Mega Salamence and Tapu Bulu should be mentioned as teammates. Mega Salamence appreciates Tailwind and Snarl weakening Ice Beams, allowing it to set up more easily. It provides Intimidate for Suicune and covers pesky Grass types. Tapu Bulu helps protect Suicune from Tapu Koko and provides tremendous damage output to cover for Suicune's relative lack of. Suicune's Tailwind helps cover its middling Speed stat and it deters Fire types and opposing Mega Salamence.
Thanks for fast reply! Implemented, except slashing Icy Wind, which is extremely rare in offensive suicune sets.

Implemented, except slashing Icy Wind, which is extremely rare in offensive suicune sets.
I agree with Jibaku with respect to Icy Wind, and I'd also slash Protect beside Snarl since they both see consistant enough usage to warrant main set representation rather than just a mention. Feel free to maintain that the former is generally better on Defensive variants; might be nice if you could include an example of a more defensive EV spread to go along with that point, though.

* Calm Nature with 252 HP and 20 SpDef gives Suicune a great deal of special bulk and allows Suicune to tank Z-Moves like Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche, Heatran Bloom Doom etc
This seems a little dishonest:
  • 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20+ SpD Suicune in Psychic Terrain: 195-231 (94.2 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20+ SpD Suicune in Psychic Terrain: 178-211 (85.9 - 101.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Heatran Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20+ SpD Suicune: 190-224 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
I wouldn't want readers to think they can survive these attacks consistently and put themselves in a position to lose a match as a result.

* Alternatively, Mirror Coat can be used to OHKO bulky Special attackers with ease after tanking one of their moves. This works especially well against Soundproof Kommo-o, who is unaffected by Snarl and Roar.
Does anyone actually use Mirror Coat these days outside of low ladder? I think this should probably be dropped.

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
I agree with Jibaku with respect to Icy Wind, and I'd also slash Protect beside Snarl since they both see consistant enough usage to warrant main set representation rather than just a mention. Feel free to maintain that the former is generally better on Defensive variants; might be nice if you could include an example of a more defensive EV spread to go along with that point, though.

This seems a little dishonest:
  • 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20+ SpD Suicune in Psychic Terrain: 195-231 (94.2 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20+ SpD Suicune in Psychic Terrain: 178-211 (85.9 - 101.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Heatran Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20+ SpD Suicune: 190-224 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
I wouldn't want readers to think they can survive these attacks consistently and put themselves in a position to lose a match as a result.

Does anyone actually use Mirror Coat these days outside of low ladder? I think this should probably be dropped.
Oh oops, I forgot to add after a Snarl for the Z-move calcs. Mirror Coat was something me and some people talked about a few days ago, considering how annoying Kommo-o is for Suicune to handle. It also saw some usage with an AV set in Japan, iirc.

EDIT: Implemented the rest

Last edited:
* 212 SpAtk allows Suicune to OHKO 4 HP / 0 SpDef Mega-Salamence 100% of the time with Ice Beam, and 2HKO's Heatran with Scald.
[...]
* Roar can be considered a tech option over Snarl to phaze bulky set up users like Snorlax, Azumarill, and Tapu Fini and Kommo-o that doesn't run Soundproof.
I'd just delete the mention of Kommo-o being a possible roar target. Soundproof is at like ~92% usage on the cart ladder and ~75% on PS. It's way too common for it to be a reliable anti-Kommo-o tech.
Once these small changes are implemented, QC 2/2

Last edited:

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
I'd just delete the mention of Kommo-o being a possible roar target. Soundproof is at like ~92% usage on the cart ladder and ~75% on PS. It's way to common for it to be a reliable anti-Kommo-o tech.
Once these small changes are implemented, QC 2/2
Done, and thanks for the QC!
Onto Copy Editing now!

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
use this for implementing

GP 1/1
add removecomments (AC/RC = add/remove comma; AH/RH = add/remove hyphen)

[OVERVIEW]

* Suicune serves as an excellent bulky support Pokemon that is capable of providing a reliable form of speed control consistently.
* Its solid bulk base defensive stats of 100 HP / 115 Def / 115 SpDef (removing for dex info but note stats are Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe because it comes up a lot here)and having only two weaknesses allows allow Suicune to tank a wide range of attacks, (RC) and makes make it an excellent switch-(AH)in to against Heatran, Volcarona, Tapu Fini, rain teams, (AC) spam and sand teams.
* Suicune further sets itself apart from other bulky Water-(AH)types by possessing valuable control support (clarification) options such as Snarl, Tailwind, and Roar. Combined with its excellent bulk, it can apply these moves consistently throughout the battle.
* The introduction abundance of Z-Moves and Tapu Koko makes using Suicune harder, as there are now much easier ways to KO it, and as such, they need to be played around carefully.
* Tapu Fini and Milotic give Suicune competition in the bulky Water-type role, (AC)as they possess somewhat similar levels of bulk and have far more useful abilities.

[SET]
move 2: Ice Beam / Icy Wind
move 4: Tailwind
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpAtk / 20 SpDef / 20 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Scald serves as Suicune's primary STAB move, (AC) dealing sufficient damage to the likes of Heatran, Excadrill, and Incineroar etc, (RC) and has having a 30% chance to burn the opposing Pokemon, effectively crippling their physical attackers. (give another example here because exca is the only one that can actually get burned)
* Ice Beam guarantees OHKO on Mega Salamence and non-Assault Vest Landorus-T and Mega-Salamence, both of which are popular Pokemon used in VGC 2018.
* As an additional(wdym additional? this is the first mention of it) form of speed control, Icy Wind can be used over Ice Beam on bulkier variants, though but it lacks offensive pressure.
* Snarl helps weaken your opponent's special attackers, (RC) and increases your team's longevity. Combined with an Intimidate user, it helps weaken both your opponent's physically and specially offensive capabilities. As an alternative, Protect can be used over Snarl to scout for incoming Z-Moves and to stall out Trick Room, (RC) or your opponent's Tailwind.
* Tailwind is the speed control of choice, (AC) as it doubles your entire team's Speed, (RC) and helps outspeed popular threats like Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Mega-(RH) Metagross, and Quiver Dance Volcarona after a boost etc.
* Mago Berry is Suicune's item of choice, as it greatly helps with longevity, (AC) healing 50% of its HP. (or similar, just lacks explanation)
* A Calm Nature with 252 HP and 20 SpDef Special Defense EVs gives Suicune a great deal of special bulk and allows Suicune it to tank Z-Moves like Tapu Lele's Shattered Psyche, (RC) and Heatran's Bloom Doom etc after a Snarl, and it can also survive boosted special attacks like Tapu Fini's Moonblast and Volcarona's Giga Drain.
* 212 SpAtk allows Special Attack EVs allow Suicune to OHKO 4 HP / 0 SpDef Mega-Salamence 100% of the timealways OHKO uninvested Mega Salamencewith Ice Beam, (RC) and 2HKO's 2HKO Heatran with Scald.
* 252 HP / 4 Def helps Suicune survive 252 Atk Jolly Kartana Leaf Blade, and combined with Wiki Berry gives Suicune considerable amount of bulk. 252 HP and 4 Defense EVs allow Suicune to survive 252 Attack Jolly Kartana's Leaf Blade and gives Suicune more overall bulk when combined with a Mago Berry. (you said the wrong berry?)
* 20 Speed EV's helps Suicune EVs allow Suicune to outspeed Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T in Tailwind, (AC) and the remaining EV's were dumped into Special Defense for general bulk.
* Mega-(RH) Kangaskhan is an excellent teammate for Suicune, as it helps Suicune set up Tailwind thanks to its Fake Out support, (RC) and helps takes out opposing Tapu Koko with Parental Bond-(AH)boosted Double-Edge.
* Mega-(RH) Salamence goes well with Suicune, (AC) as it helps take down Grass-type Pokemon, (AC) which otherwise threatens Suicune, and provides Intimidate support prior to its Mega Evolution.
* Tapu Bulu is an efficient Terrain setter that goes well with Suicune, OHKO'ing OHKOing Tapu Koko and bulky Water-type Pokemon like Tapu Fini with its Terrain-(AH)boosted Grass-type attacks, (RC) while also providing recovery with Grassy Terrain.
* Landorus-T serves as an amazing switch-(AH)in to Electric-type attacks meant for Suicune, thus giving your team great momentum.
* Offensive Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Volcarona, and Heatran etc appreciates appreciate speed control, (RC) and thus makes make good teammates with for Suicune.
* While Mago Berry might be the most used item on Suicune, other sets with Psychic Seed/Grassy Seed or Grassy Seed have seen some usage can be used with Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu, (AC) respectively.
* Roar can be considered a tech option over Snarl to phaze bulky set up users setup sweepers like Snorlax, Azumarill, (AC) and Tapu Fini.
* Alternatively, Mirror Coat can be used to OHKO bulky special attackers with ease after tanking one of their moves. This works especially well against Soundproof Kommo-o, who which is unaffected by Snarl and Roar.

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
use this for implementing

GP 1/1
add removecomments (AC/RC = add/remove comma; AH/RH = add/remove hyphen)

[OVERVIEW]

* Its solid bulk base defensive stats of 100 HP / 115 Def / 115 SpDef (removing for dex info but note stats are Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe because it comes up a lot here)and having only two weaknesses allows allow Suicune to tank a wide range of attacks, (RC) and makes make it an excellent switch-(AH)in to against Heatran, Volcarona, Tapu Fini, rain teams, (AC) spam and sand teams.
* Suicune further sets itself apart from other bulky Water-(AH)types by possessing valuable control support (clarification) options such as Snarl, Tailwind, and Roar. Combined with its excellent bulk, it can apply these moves consistently throughout the battle.
* The introduction abundance of Z-Moves and Tapu Koko makes using Suicune harder, as there are now much easier ways to KO it, and as such, they need to be played around carefully.
* Tapu Fini and Milotic give Suicune competition in the bulky Water-type role, (AC)as they possess somewhat similar levels of bulk and have far more useful abilities.

[SET]
move 2: Ice Beam / Icy Wind
move 4: Tailwind
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpAtk / 20 SpDef / 20 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Scald serves as Suicune's primary STAB move, (AC) dealing sufficient damage to the likes of Heatran, Excadrill, and Incineroar etc, (RC) and has having a 30% chance to burn the opposing Pokemon, effectively crippling their physical attackers. (give another example here because exca is the only one that can actually get burned)
* Ice Beam guarantees OHKO on Mega Salamence and non-Assault Vest Landorus-T and Mega-Salamence, both of which are popular Pokemon used in VGC 2018.
* As an additional(wdym additional? this is the first mention of it) form of speed control, Icy Wind can be used over Ice Beam on bulkier variants, though but it lacks offensive pressure.
* Snarl helps weaken your opponent's special attackers, (RC) and increases your team's longevity. Combined with an Intimidate user, it helps weaken both your opponent's physically and specially offensive capabilities. As an alternative, Protect can be used over Snarl to scout for incoming Z-Moves and to stall out Trick Room, (RC) or your opponent's Tailwind.
* Tailwind is the speed control of choice, (AC) as it doubles your entire team's Speed, (RC) and helps outspeed popular threats like Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Mega-(RH) Metagross, and Quiver Dance Volcarona after a boost etc.
* Mago Berry is Suicune's item of choice, as it greatly helps with longevity, (AC) healing 50% of its HP. (or similar, just lacks explanation)
* A Calm Nature with 252 HP and 20 SpDef Special Defense EVs gives Suicune a great deal of special bulk and allows Suicune it to tank Z-Moves like Tapu Lele's Shattered Psyche, (RC) and Heatran's Bloom Doom etc after a Snarl, and it can also survive boosted special attacks like Tapu Fini's Moonblast and Volcarona's Giga Drain.
* 212 SpAtk allows Special Attack EVs allow Suicune to OHKO 4 HP / 0 SpDef Mega-Salamence 100% of the timealways OHKO uninvested Mega Salamencewith Ice Beam, (RC) and 2HKO's 2HKO Heatran with Scald.
* 252 HP / 4 Def helps Suicune survive 252 Atk Jolly Kartana Leaf Blade, and combined with Wiki Berry gives Suicune considerable amount of bulk. 252 HP and 4 Defense EVs allow Suicune to survive 252 Attack Jolly Kartana's Leaf Blade and gives Suicune more overall bulk when combined with a Mago Berry. (you said the wrong berry?)
* 20 Speed EV's helps Suicune EVs allow Suicune to outspeed Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T in Tailwind, (AC) and the remaining EV's were dumped into Special Defense for general bulk.
* Mega-(RH) Kangaskhan is an excellent teammate for Suicune, as it helps Suicune set up Tailwind thanks to its Fake Out support, (RC) and helps takes out opposing Tapu Koko with Parental Bond-(AH)boosted Double-Edge.
* Mega-(RH) Salamence goes well with Suicune, (AC) as it helps take down Grass-type Pokemon, (AC) which otherwise threatens Suicune, and provides Intimidate support prior to its Mega Evolution.
* Tapu Bulu is an efficient Terrain setter that goes well with Suicune, OHKO'ing OHKOing Tapu Koko and bulky Water-type Pokemon like Tapu Fini with its Terrain-(AH)boosted Grass-type attacks, (RC) while also providing recovery with Grassy Terrain.
* Landorus-T serves as an amazing switch-(AH)in to Electric-type attacks meant for Suicune, thus giving your team great momentum.
* Offensive Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Volcarona, and Heatran etc appreciates appreciate speed control, (RC) and thus makes make good teammates with for Suicune.
* While Mago Berry might be the most used item on Suicune, other sets with Psychic Seed/Grassy Seed or Grassy Seed have seen some usage can be used with Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu, (AC) respectively.
* Roar can be considered a tech option over Snarl to phaze bulky set up users setup sweepers like Snorlax, Azumarill, (AC) and Tapu Fini.
* Alternatively, Mirror Coat can be used to OHKO bulky special attackers with ease after tanking one of their moves. This works especially well against Soundproof Kommo-o, who which is unaffected by Snarl and Roar.
Thanks a lot, implemented!

Carbonific got a tiny problem. Intimidate Incineroar just got released, and it got great synergy with Suicune. Will you permit me to add it in?

marthaa was kind enough to also check the extra bullet point:

* Incineroar has a great synergy with Suicune, providing Fake Out support so Suicune can set up Tailwind safely, (AC) (changed this to make it clearer) for a safe Tailwind set-up while serving as a Grass-type check, (AC) and has having access to Intimidate to weaken any physical attackers.
I've implemented this, and since I had already mod-checked the rest, I've now Uploaded it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)