Sue's Sketches

Sueshidragon

Banned deucer.
After being badgered to buy a sketchbook by my artist girlfriend, I eventually decided to draw Pokemon things, and those transitioned into humorous competitive drawings, I've picked my three favorites to share with you all! I apologize for the mediocre quality, transferring these from my phone to my laptop was not the easiest task.

Drawing 1- Weather Wars
1495125236069-887x613.png

My first competitive drawing, and a favorite of mine. Weather Wars showcases six of the most common and best known weather Pokemon, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Drawing 2- Memories
1495125271941-851x639.png

This one is called Memories, and has Gengar and Starmie sitting in a bar sharing beers, reminiscing about their past six generations in OU, referencing their fall to UU this generation.

Drawing 3- Out Cold
1495125353128-843x645.png

This drawing is my personal favorite, and has my two favorite competitive Pokemon, Medicham and Skarmory. Medicham is sleeping on Skarmory, a reference to how I rely on Skarmory as a partner for Medicham in battles.

I'm really happy to be able to share these with you all! I know they may not be the best, but I've been improving a lot. If any of these stand out or you may want me to draw more, I can do so, or ask my girlfriend to digitize them to make them better looking. Again, thanks for your time, and I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Last edited:

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After being badgered to buy a sketchbook by my artist girlfriend, I eventually decided to draw Pokemon things, and those transitioned into humorous competitive drawings, I've picked my three favorites to share with you all! I apologize for the mediocre quality, transferring these from my phone to my laptop was not the easiest task.

Drawing 1- Weather Wars
View attachment 82354

My first competitive drawing, and a favorite of mine. Weather Wars showcases six of the most common and best known weather Pokemon, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Drawing 2- Memories
View attachment 82355
This one is called Memories, and has Gengar and Starmie sitting in a bar sharing beers, reminiscing about their past six generations in OU, referencing their fall to UU this generation.

Drawing 3- Out Cold
View attachment 82356

This drawing is my personal favorite, and has my two favorite competitive Pokemon, Medicham and Skarmory. Medicham is sleeping on Skarmory, a reference to how I rely on Skarmory as a partner for Medicham in battles.

I'm really happy to be able to share these with you all! I know they may not be the best, but I've been improving a lot. If any of these stand out or you may want me to draw more, I can do so, or ask my girlfriend to digitize them to make them better looking. Again, thanks for your time, and I'm looking forward to your feedback!
Hi! Welcome to the Studio! So we don't get a ton of traditional artists here, so I'm going to ask you what I ask every traditional art person I see pop up here. That is, what materials are you using? I'm guessing coloured pencils and paper, but then, what kinds? What kind of sketchbook are you using? Have you considered branching out to other media, be it digital or another traditional medium (i.e., watercolour, oil, acrylic, charcoal, etc.)?

With regard to photographing your work, what would help a great deal is if you were to do some editing colour adjusting digitally, such as with Photoshop or the free software GIMP. Typically upping contrast and brightness, as well as some minor adjustments via curve tools, is the way to go.

Sueshidragon

Banned deucer.
Hi! Welcome to the Studio! So we don't get a ton of traditional artists here, so I'm going to ask you what I ask every traditional art person I see pop up here. That is, what materials are you using? I'm guessing coloured pencils and paper, but then, what kinds? What kind of sketchbook are you using? Have you considered branching out to other media, be it digital or another traditional medium (i.e., watercolour, oil, acrylic, charcoal, etc.)?

With regard to photographing your work, what would help a great deal is if you were to do some editing colour adjusting digitally, such as with Photoshop or the free software GIMP. Typically upping contrast and brightness, as well as some minor adjustments via curve tools, is the way to go.
Thanks for taking an interest! I use a fairly standard sketchbook (not sure what type of paper), and a brand of colored pencils called "Studio Series". Recently I've started using a black pen to outline, though. And yes, I've tried digital art, though I haven't had much degree of success. I might start practicing charcoal over summer break. I'll work on photo effects via my phone, and I'll ask my girlfriend who does digital for input on it. I'm happy you came and saw my drawings, I'm quite proud of them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)