Stunfisk

Derp face combined with a creepy smile/ snicker/ soul-stealing grin animation... it's design... yeah... evil.
Might use it just for that.

Sets I think my new favorite ground type might like
Derp/Troll - fisk
Stunfisk @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Sand Veil Ability
Quiet Nature
164 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 92 Sp.Def
- Scald / Muddy Water
- Mud Slap/ Mud Bomb
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Pain Split

^ First of all ; completely take "Using Stunfisk in OU to be surprising" out of the picture. Ok, This is mainly an annoyer/troll for UU/NU Battling. Choose "Scald" if you would like to burn and lower attack [*Cough Toxiccroak and Ambipom Cough*] , Muddy Water can lower the opponents accuracy -sometimes. Mud Slap ALWAYS lowers accuracy each time it hits, power it up a little with life orb, Thunderbolt is a solid Stab move and Discharge is another Stab move but has a bigger chance of paralyzing but lower base power. You can you it in a sand storm team to increase evasion more.

Spartafisk
Stunfisk @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Brave Nature
Static Ability
164 HP / 220 Atk / 84 Sp.Def / 40 Def
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Payback / Bounce
- Pain Split / Revenge

^ Same as the last first sentence but overall, Stunny can Curse him up to take some bulk, Earthquake for a decent STAB move. A Brave nature can raise his attack and lower speed = good for payback to work good. Bounce is just a filler gimmick to attack and give the opponent a chance of getting paralyzed. If you want SOME chance of healing go for pain split, if you want to try and endure attacks and hit back go with revenge.

Just an aside, but Scald won't work on Toxicroak anyway since any Toxicroak worth their salt is running Dry Skin.

My Stunfisk solo'd a Salamence a little while ago

Start of turn 4
The foe's Sableye used Trick!
The foe's Sableye switched items with Stunfisk!
The foe's Sableye obtained one Leftovers!
Stunfisk obtained one Lagging Tail!

Stunfisk used Discharge!
The foe's Sableye lost 41% of its health!

The foe's Sableye restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 5
[Mystery] called Sableye back!
[Mystery] sent out Chansey!

Stunfisk used Discharge!
The foe's Chansey lost 9% of its health!

Start of turn 6
The foe's Chansey used Seismic Toss!
Stunfisk lost 100 HP! (23% of its health)
Stunfisk's Static activates!
The foe's Chansey is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Stunfisk used Substitute!
Stunfisk made a substitute!

Start of turn 7
The foe's Chansey used Seismic Toss!
Stunfisk's substitute took the damage!

Stunfisk used Swagger!
The foe's Chansey's Attack sharply rose!
The foe's Chansey became confused!

Start of turn 8
[Mystery] called Chansey back!
[Mystery] sent out Salamence!

Stunfisk's substitute suppressed the foe's Salamence's Intimidate!
Stunfisk used Discharge!
The foe's Salamence lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Salamence is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Salamence restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 9
The foe's Salamence is paralyzed! It can't move!

Stunfisk used Swagger!
The attack of Stunfisk missed!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Salamence used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Stunfisk's substitute faded!

Stunfisk used Swagger!
The foe's Salamence's Attack sharply rose!
The foe's Salamence became confused!

Start of turn 11
[Mystery] called Salamence back!
[Mystery] sent out Chansey!

Stunfisk used Substitute!
Stunfisk made a substitute!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Chansey used Heal Bell!
A bell chimed!

Stunfisk used Yawn!
Stunfisk made the foe's Chansey feel drowsy!

Start of turn 13
[Mystery] called Chansey back!
[Mystery] sent out Salamence!

Stunfisk's substitute suppressed the foe's Salamence's Intimidate!
Stunfisk used Swagger!
The foe's Salamence's Attack sharply rose!
The foe's Salamence became confused!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Salamence is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
The foe's Salamence lost 29% of its health!

Stunfisk used Discharge!
The foe's Salamence lost 33% of its health!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Salamence is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
The foe's Salamence lost 29% of its health!

Stunfisk used Discharge!
The foe's Salamence lost 3% of its health!
The foe's Salamence fainted!

So that's how Whiscash gets Spark!!

The thing I love most is the "WTF" mature. I think it may have a similar use in the lower use as Dunsparce - to garnish as many "cool points" during a battle as possible while simply having fun. It's awesome how it gets nearly every status move (thank you Boiling Water), as well as (un)reliable healing in Pain Split. While I don't think it'll see much use, those who do deserve awesomeness points for sure.

BTW:
Lol. Agreed.

Stunfisk
@Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
252 HP /200 Def/58 Sp.Def

Thunderbolt
Pain split
Yawn/ hp ice
Boiling water

I've used this set from the OP on PO for a while and it's done alright. It takes hits fairly well, I mean, a V-Create from Victini only does around half and sometimes Static kicks in which is hilarious. And it lives a lot of super effective special moves, usually from defensive mons though. Pain Split hasn't really been all that great but with Yawn forcing switches pretty much every damn time I use it, it has a lot of chances to get it off at least. This is definitely the moveset I wanna run on this guy for now but I've had a really tough time deciding whether to use a physically or specially defensive spread. So far, this one is fine.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stunfisk
@Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP /200 Def/58 Sp.Def

Thunderbolt
Pain split
Yawn/ hp ice
Boiling water

I've used this set from the OP on PO for a while and it's done alright. It takes hits fairly well, I mean, a V-Create from Victini only does around half and sometimes Static kicks in which is hilarious. And it lives a lot of super effective special moves, usually from defensive mons though. Pain Split hasn't really been all that great but with Yawn forcing switches pretty much every damn time I use it, it has a lot of chances to get it off at least. This is definitely the moveset I wanna run on this guy for now but I've had a really tough time deciding whether to use a physically or specially defensive spread. So far, this one is fine.
I have used the above set and it is no joke (at least performance wise JUST LOOK AT IT!). It is a great phazer/statuser and it can take hits very well. I'd say keep it the way it is.

This thing could be a great wall, if not for having 4 weaknesses, 3 of which are common (Ground, Water, and Ice).

Why not go a simple route and remove the common weaknesses?

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SpDef
Moveset:
-Camouflage
-Discharge/Mud Slap
-Yawn/Scald/Toxic
-Pain Split

Camouflage on the opponents switch to reduce weaknesses to only Fighting. STAB won't matter, but Discharge is there anyways for 30% chance of paralyses. Mud Slap could also be used if you want to chance accuracy drops and run an annoyer set with Toxic or Scald.

Scald, Toxic or Yawn to spread more status problems.

Pain Split to attempt to recover lost HP.

This thing could be a great wall, if not for having 4 weaknesses, 3 of which are common (Ground, Water, and Ice).

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Moveset:
-Camouflage
-Discharge/Mud Slap
-Yawn/Scald/Toxic
-Pain Split

Camouflage on the opponents switch to reduce weaknesses to only Fighting. STAB won't matter, but Discharge is there anyways for 30% chance of paralyses. Mud Slap could also be used if you want to chance accuracy drops and run an annoyer set with Toxic or Scald.

Scald, Toxic or Yawn to spread more status problems.

Pain Split to attempt to recover lost HP.
This would be potentially a good idea, but unfortunately...

Research Thread said:
Confirmed Camouflage now changes the user's type to Ground in Wi-Fi battles(TheMaskedNitpicker)

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Moveset:
-Camouflage
-Discharge/Mud Slap
-Yawn/Scald/Toxic
-Pain Split

Just curious about the EV spread, why 188 HP? Is it a Lefties number or something?

Just curious about the EV spread, why 188 HP? Is it a Lefties number or something?
I dont get it either bro. I dont think its a Lefties number correct me if i am wrong
When I typed that, Camouflage seemed like a good Ideal, and I thought it would have been weak only to fighting types. Most fighting type movies are physical, so i wanted more Def bulk than SpDef bulk.

That, and I borrowed one of the spreads in the OP.

When I typed that, Camouflage seemed like a good Ideal, and I thought it would have been weak only to fighting types. Most fighting type movies are physical, so i wanted more Def bulk than SpDef bulk.

That, and I borrowed one of the spreads in the OP.
If you wanted more Def bulk why move EV's from HP to Sp.D..But ok, since you borrowed it, only the spread maker can tell.

Stunfisk Sweep

After completely wrecking a Sandstorm team using NOTHING but Stunfisk (My opponent quit after I took out Tyranitar, Rotom-W, and Scizor) I am convinced that the following set has a decent amount of competitive potential:

Stunfisk (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic

This set is never 4hkO'd by CB Scizor's Bullet Punch (21-22%), which means that it goes well with anything that cannot take a hit from it. It can defeat most Tyranitar and Ninetales and can PPstall out Scarfed Rotom-W's Hydro Pump. Static paralyzes physical attackers, Toxic is for residual damage, and Scald can burn for triple status infliction.

EV Spread Explanation:
252 HP and SDef for special bulk, then 4 in SAtk because I like that extra offensive power.

Moveset Explanation:
Scald to burn and do a bit of damage to anything that already carries a status.
Toxic to hit those who either cannot be burned or need to be killed faster.
Substitute to aid PP stall.
Protect to aid PP stall.

Usage Explanation:

Send it in on pokemon such as Scizor or T-tar, or even Ninetales, and either substitute or hit it with toxic/scald. If the opponent switches while a substitute is up, hit it with status again.

Hell, if it can sweep a Sandstorm team right off the bat, it deserves some recognition.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After completely wrecking a Sandstorm team using NOTHING but Stunfisk (My opponent quit after I took out Tyranitar, Rotom-W, and Scizor) I am convinced that the following set has a decent amount of competitive potential:

Stunfisk (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic

This set is never 4hkO'd by CB Scizor's Bullet Punch (21-22%), which means that it goes well with anything that cannot take a hit from it. It can defeat most Tyranitar and Ninetales and can PPstall out Scarfed Rotom-W's Hydro Pump. Static paralyzes physical attackers, Toxic is for residual damage, and Scald can burn for triple status infliction.

EV Spread Explanation:
252 HP and SDef for special bulk, then 4 in SAtk because I like that extra offensive power.

Moveset Explanation:
Scald to burn and do a bit of damage to anything that already carries a status.
Toxic to hit those who either cannot be burned or need to be killed faster.
Substitute to aid PP stall.
Protect to aid PP stall.

Usage Explanation:

Send it in on pokemon such as Scizor or T-tar, or even Ninetales, and either substitute or hit it with toxic/scald. If the opponent switches while a substitute is up, hit it with status again.

Hell, if it can sweep a Sandstorm team right off the bat, it deserves some recognition.
as the writer of the in progress stunfisk analysis i will just say that this has literally nothing over a restalk set. restalk or specs are the best ways to go with stunfisk (maybe curse) you are walled by pokemon with water absorb and waters in general.

I think that's probably one of the better things Stunfisk can do, but I doubt it could beat Scizor regularly. Wouldn't most of them simply Bug Bite or U-Turn instead of Bullet Punch, and with no Defense investment that's going to hurt. Also, Ninetales may decide to Will o' Wisp, which would kill your staying power.

That battle sounds fairly hilarious though and would be impressive if the opponent was playing well too.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
I think that's probably one of the better things Stunfisk can do, but I doubt it could beat Scizor regularly. Wouldn't most of them simply Bug Bite or U-Turn instead of Bullet Punch, and with no Defense investment that's going to hurt. Also, Ninetales may decide to Will o' Wisp, which would kill your staying power.

That battle sounds fairly hilarious though and would be impressive if the opponent was playing well too.
this is what i mean, stunfisk is better off pulling off a defensive restalk set, which removes damage and status.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)