Standard Balance Team RMT

Good evening, I have here a standard team (or atleast I think it is). I've tested it out on shoddy and have reached 1900s in the ladder and while it has been pretty good, most of my battles come down to the last pokemon on both sides and it could be better. Please help me improve this team, I plan to breed it into the actual game.

THE WALLS:

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Atk
nature: careful
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
This is my designated special wall and answer to TalonFlame. It isn't too different from the original set back in black and white but assault vest allows it to eat special attacks. Again, this is my answer to Talon flame to an extent, its great at taking hits, hurting it with sandstorm and hitting whatever switches in hard, usually with Crunch now that it is less resisted. It is a great switch in for Trevenant.

Trevenant Leftovers
Ability: natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Sdef
Relaxed Nature
- Leach Seed
- Shadow Claw
- horn leech
- will o wisp
My Physical/Mixed wall. It is great at screwing up breloom and mega kangaskhan. I feel this gen requires a grass type of some sort to avoid spore and leech seeds. I do wish i had something bulkier but again it has been great at willowisping physical attackers and causing leech seed switches. It also takes earthquakes that target Tyranitar and can switch in for the electric attacks that aim at a multitude of my pokemon.

togekiss Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 Speed
- thunder wave
- Air Slash
- Swagger
- Roost
My bulky secondary special wall. I love this thing, it can come in on earthquakes or fighting attacks aimed at tyranitar, thunder waves and stalls things when it needs to. It can also take a fire hit for Trevenant. It is also my answer to dragons, especially Garchomp who doesn't usually have Iron Head.

THE SWEEPERS:

Garchomp @ Choice scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Ability: rough skin
Jolly nature
- Outrage
- iron head
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
My physical sweeper and Revenge killer. Garchomp is strong, has stab earthquake and dragon attacks and can now use iron head to deal with many weakened pokemon. The scarf tends to take people by surprise and it can outspeed just about anything that doesnt have priority. My ideal pokemon to take out mega lucario and other dragons.

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb *
Trait: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Satk / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Toxic Spikes
My special sweeper. Greninja's ability gives every attack a stab which is great when used with life orb. Dark pulse allows it to kill Mega Gengar and other ghosts aside from Rotoms and aegislash who have not been weakened.

MY UTILITY AND MEGA:

Blastoise @ blastonite
Trait: Rain Dish/mega launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Satk / 6 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Water pulse
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Dark pulse
My spinner, phazer, and second ghost killer. It is able to take a hit from Mega Gengar and kill it with a dark pulse. Used with Water pulse, his attacks aren't easily resisted. Roar for those that set up like aegislash and subbers. It's mega form lets it be a great spinner but I am not sure if it can be replaced by something better that also phases.

Specific Threats of Note:

Gliscor: This thing is a stall beast. Its toxic orb set is hard to deal with and Togekiss has been the best chance to stall it. My usual answer is to let something die after destroying its sub and then using protean greninja to kill it with ice beam or surf or cause a switch. It gives me such a problem that I even want one now.

Rotom W: The only one of my pokemon that can stall it is Trevenant. It doesn't care about a will o wisp because it can cure it with its ability. It can also take a hydro pump or volt switch but ultimately it can't outright kill it.

Mamoswine: It is hard to take down aside from a revenge kill from Greninja. Those that have ice shard can kill garchomp and it can earthquake my tyranitar and icicle crash my togekiss and trevenant.

Steel types in general: aside from ferrothorn and forretress that tyranitar can kill with fire blasts, despite not wanting to take a power whip from the former, steels give me some problems. Greninja can kill them but might not be able to OHKO things that are bulky like scizor.

Priority in general: Aside from sucker punch which I can handle using prediction, I find bullet punch and ice shard is hard to take without a steel type.

Conclusion:
Although I like how the team is performing, I feel some members need to be replaced to handle certain threats. I really like assault vest Tyranitar, scarf garchomp, greninja, and Mega Blastoise.

I feel that Trevenant and Togekiss can go but at the same time I don't know who to replace them with. Togekiss needs to go because it's electric weakness hurts my team at times and doesn't wall well enough. Trevenant is great at taking grass status moves and acting as a willowisper and spin blocker but it can't do anything back.

I think I need a steel type of some sort to better handle fairies that aim at garchomp and tyranitar, at the same time I need a steel type and fairy type killer.

Any advice is most appreciated. Although I like many of the pokemon, I will replace anyone aslong as it benefits my team. But please, suggest someone I can acquire in the game. If that isn't possible then I'll be sad face but will still do it.

Edited: forgot pictures XD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)