SM OU Stakataka Trick Room (Peaked 2077)

Kebab mlml

Mitridate, re del Ponto
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi everyone,
since the release of USUM i didn't see anybody use Stakataka, but I liked it a lot and in my opinion that was a good pokemon, so I decided to build a team with it but I wasn't expecting to get such a good result and so to reach 2077 of elo.

The team:

My idea was to build around a Stakataka Trickroom so I started with other two setters (besides Stakataka) and obviously my first choice was Cresselia that can tank a lot of attacks and cover the x4 weakness of Stakataka; then I also opted for Magearna that can check dark-type pokemon like Hoopa-U and stuff like that.

Then I noticed that I was weak to stall so i put a stallbreaker which is Crawdaunt and it's also useful for its priority.

After this I saw that my team hadn't a setter and it was very weak to Koko, so Camerupt-Mega was perfect for that.

And as last one I put Azumarill in order to have a good Greninja-Ash's answer and mainly to enter on Gyarados-Mega that Crawdaunt can't touch.

In-Depth Analysis:

Muro di Berlino (Stakataka) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Here the star of the team, the Shuca Berry helps to bait Ground type like Lando and Garchomp, but also to take the Heatran's Earth Power and do OHKO with Earthquake or set the Trick Room.
The Lonely Nature and the 14 IVs in defense allow to get the attack boost with Beast Boost

Eclissi di Luna (Cresselia) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

Cresselia is the most important Trick Room setter in this team and the only ground resist, so keep it at a good HP percentage is essential to avoid bad situations; the Mental Herb help vs. annoying Taunt user like Koko and i don't use a -Spe defense to have a faster Lunar Dance that in some case is very important.

Femme Fatale (Magearna) @ Fightinium Z/Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 2 Spe
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Flash Cannon

Magearna is the last Trick Room setter and the main resist for fairy move. I prefer Fightinium Z on this because can easily kill Heatran and do huge damage to Ferrothorn but Electrium Z is another valid item to hit hard Toxapex and Celesteela.
The 2 IVs in Spe allow Magearna to win the "speed tie" against other Magearna with 0 IVs without Trick Room.

Fellone (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer/Liquidation

Crawdaunt is the only stallbreaker so it's important play it well to break some annoying defensive core. I prefer Crabhammer as main water stab but Liquidation is another option if you don't wanna risk the 10% miss or you wanna pick a lucky defense drop.
The 208 EVs in spread are needed to outspeed Venusaur which wall the entire team.

Vesuvio (Camerupt-Mega) (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Eruption

Camerupt is the answer to the electric types but also for AV Magearna and the rocker of this team.
The spread is very classic and it doesn't need explanations. For the moveset Hidden Power Ice help against Zygarde and Lando (killing it without the Fire Blast's miss chance) while Eruption can be a spammable move if you set the Trick Room and send out Camerupt predicting a double switch or sacking a Pokemon

Isola di Pasqua (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off/Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Azumarill is the other Dark resistor, it is the main Greninja-Ash and Gyarados-Mega's counter.
Knock Off is useful against Toxapex, on the other side Superpower can be good to weaken Ferrothorn and other Steel Type.

Muro di Berlino (Stakataka) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Eclissi di Luna (Cresselia) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

Femme Fatale (Magearna) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 2 Spe
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Flash Cannon

Fellone (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer

Vesuvio (Camerupt-Mega) (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Isola di Pasqua (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Threats:
SD Kartana
can easily sweep the all team, mostly with Z Bloom Doom that do OHKO to Cresselia.

It's also difficult to deal with Hazards because this team hasn't defogger or spinner, so Toxic Spikes and Spikes can give pressure.

In addition, if in this team there's a Crawdaunt too, stall could be a problem, but nothing you can't handle if you play properly

Replays of STAKATAKA
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-666584270
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-666420117
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-666081619

Thank you for your time and sorry for eventual mistakes

I had written off Stakataka off on full TR teams as contributing a terminal ground / water weakness when paired with standard like Magenera, Marowak, Mega Camerupt, Mega Mawile, etc. It’s nice to see you’ve proved me wrong! The brick pile is a very aggressive attacker and it works really well, 2HKOing both Landorus and Toxapex and just snowballing from there. Crazy.

Ash Greninja is always trouble for many TR teams, as Water Shuriken stops many attackers cold, Hydro Pump heavily damages Magenera and Dark Pulse shreds fat setters like Cresselia and Uxie (or ghost types like Cofagirus or Dusclops). Having both Crawdaunt and Azurmarril really gives it a hard time, while overwhelming water resists together, and providing strong dual priority AND Knock Off utility. I like it.

Mega Camerupt is good doing what it does, underspeeding everything and getting walled by nothing not named Chansey or a bulky water (not Toxapex). Even Mega Charizard Y gets shafted by a sun boosted Fire Blast. :D
Also always a plus, it scares off Mega Sableye and Diancie to get rocks off. Decent.

—————————

Downsides: No Spore immunity is sad, though that’s not uncommon with any TR team lacking Tapu Bulu. Still, Breloom is a serious bitch for this team.

Mega Venusaur can wall your water mons and Magenera and Cresselia can’t touch it. Sleep Powder/Leech Seed could annoy too.

Substitute mons like Suicune and Celesteela are momentum killers, but those are common issues for TR.

I guess Gastrodon would be an issue too, being naturally slow and absorbing water moves and OHKOing Mega Camerupt. Stak can’t really touch it either and Magenera can only with with Z Fighting.

Finally Mega Heracross is hard for your setters to handle, OHKOing bot Stak and Cress and heavily hitting Magenera.

All in all, these threats are pretty uncommon.

————-

Great team!

Last edited:
I don't rate teams and I hadn't planned to say anything, but you can run 15 IVS in defense. It'll still give beast boost to your attack because if stats are tied, the game determines where the boost goes based on which stat appears first. Very minor and picky thing but why not, you know?

Kebab mlml

Mitridate, re del Ponto
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I had written off Stakataka off on full TR teams as contributing a terminal ground / water weakness when paired with standard like Magenera, Marowak, Mega Camerupt, Mega Mawile, etc. It’s nice to see you’ve proved me wrong! The brick pile is a very aggressive attacker and it works really well, 2HKOing both Landorus and Toxapex and just snowballing from there. Crazy.

Ash Greninja is always trouble for many TR teams, as Water Shuriken stops many attackers cold, Hydro Pump heavily damages Magenera and Dark Pulse shreds fat setters like Cresselia and Uxie (or ghost types like Cofagirus or Dusclops). Having both Crawdaunt and Azurmarril really gives it a hard time, while overwhelming water resists together, and providing strong dual priority AND Knock Off utility. I like it.

Mega Camerupt is good doing what it does, underspeeding everything and getting walled by nothing not named Chansey or a bulky water (not Toxapex). Even Mega Charizard Y gets shafted by a sun boosted Fire Blast. :D
Also always a plus, it scares off Mega Sableye and Diancie to get rocks off. Decent.

—————————

Downsides: No Spore immunity is sad, though that’s not uncommon with any TR team lacking Tapu Bulu. Still, Breloom is a serious bitch for this team.

Mega Venusaur can wall your water mons and Magenera and Cresselia can’t touch it. Sleep Powder/Leech Seed could annoy too.

Substitute mons like Suicune and Celesteela are momentum killers, but those are common issues for TR.

I guess Gastrodon would be an issue too, being naturally slow and absorbing water moves and OHKOing Mega Camerupt. Stak can’t really touch it either and Magenera can only with with Z Fighting.

Finally Mega Heracross is hard for your setters to handle, OHKOing bot Stak and Cress and heavily hitting Magenera.

All in all, these threats are pretty uncommon.

————-

Great team!
I think that spore in this meta isn't so used like in ORAS, so that's not a real threat; as I said Venusaur Mega is a problem for the team and that's why I use more speed on Crawdaunt (also if it's not a real answer to that).
about Gastrodon, i think Crawdaunt and Azumarill can force it out with ease (unless scald burn).
about Heracross Mega, luckily it's not so common atm in OU but anyway it's not possible fix this weakness without doing huge change to the team.

I don't rate teams and I hadn't planned to say anything, but you can run 15 IVS in defense. It'll still give beast boost to your attack because if stats are tied, the game determines where the boost goes based on which stat appears first. Very minor and picky thing but why not, you know?
Thank you, didn't know about that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)