STABmons+

it even kills sable before it can do anything:v4:

Edit: 252+ Atk Mega Altaria Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

this is the most damage it can do to quag without HP grass or solarbeam
Quagsire isn't going to find a very good place in here. But of course, you don't set up with a Physical mon when Quagsire is still around.

Luc actually seems hella sweet with nasty plot, as secret sword is glorious, doom desire is amazing, and king's shield isn't half bad either, along with the already present vacuum wave (and a resistance to fakespeed, if not much bulk (but we have KS)

If a base pokemon borrows move from its mega form typing, does it need to hold the megastone?
e.g. If Gyarados learns a Dark type move, does it have to hold Gyaradosite?

Actually after reading the op i'm quite sure you don't need to run the mega stone to get access to the mega's typings' moves. That is, i'm pretty sure gyarados can run knock off without holding the mega stone.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Yeah, the way I understand it, a Charizard would also get Dragon moves, so for example, you could have Zard-Y with Draco Meteor--it is not a requirement to mega evolve into the Mega you take the moves from, thus regular Gyarados should be able to use Knock Off without being forced to hold its Mega stone (although, you get more power if you mega evolve and gain STAB on it).

I'm here! (Just in time too! :))

Some discussion:

1. Holy Jesus, Diggersby, the white rabbit, gets TA.
2. Tbh, I'm happy to see that KyuB is a threat here. It's one of my favorites (besides my bro mewtwo), and he's in OU!
3. RIP Shedinja. That is all.

^ Don't forget about porygon-z megagross and sylveon being unbanned those 3 were really strong pokemon in s rank cuz of stab boomburst and stab heavy slam in megagross case and they all have good set-up moves in shell smash and shift gear take that into account

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Super Fang
- Seismic Toss
- Crunch
- Recover

I feel that this set is gonna tear stuff up. Parental Bond Super Fang + Seismic Toss destroys everything. Don't even need to run ATK EVs

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Super Fang
- Seismic Toss
- Crunch
- Recover

I feel that this set is gonna tear stuff up. Parental Bond Super Fang + Seismic Toss destroys everything. Don't even need to run ATK EVs
I would run enough attack to 2hko giratina-n which might be near max, because this is really important for you to be able to beat with a set like that.

Given the recent STABmons update, I imagine that the non-Sketch banned moves are unbanned here as well? Can I run Shell Smash Arceus and Dark Void Yveltal?

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
SS Arceus. RIP everything
Tbh, I don't think it's even worth running over SD on standard E-killer, with the only advantage being able to outsped other e-speeders (though that may be prolific in this meta) at the cost of weakened defenses, only time I'd ever run it is on boomburst arc

Tbh, I don't think it's even worth running over SD on standard E-killer, with the only advantage being able to outsped other e-speeders (though that may be prolific in this meta) at the cost of weakened defenses, only time I'd ever run it is on boomburst arc
ss/espeed/boomburst/ghost coverage is a really solid set though

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Don't care if I am necro-bumping or something cause this meta is really fun...

Got two teams that I really enjoy using and will explain:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thousand Arrows
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Super Fang
- Seismic Toss
- Crunch
- Recover

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Spacial Rend
- Steam Eruption
- Thunder

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Earth Plate
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Flamethrower
- Judgment
- Shell Smash

This is a really fun bulky offensive team that I built that revolves around taking out Clefable's checks and counters so that it can sweep (there aren't many though). Set up hazards with Primal Groudon and weaken walls with Palkia and Mega Kangaskhan, due to it's excellent moves in Seismic Toss and Super Fang that work beautifully with Parental Bond. From there, Clefable and Giratina-O can sweep. Arceus-Rock is to deal with Ho-Oh and Yveltal to an extent.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gravity
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Psystrike
- Defog
- Lunar Dance

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 92 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Polish

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Night Daze
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

A more hyper offensive team build that revolves around setting up hazards with Deoxys-S and proceed to sweep with the many options my team has. Mega Altaria and Primal Groudon are perfect partners, as they can deal with each others checks very well. While Darkrai and regular Kangaskhan can be used earlier in the game to break down your opponents team to make it easier for M-Alt and P-Don. Latios is for hazard removal, and is a nice utility mon with Healing Wish.

I really encourage everyone to try this meta out, as it is extremely fun :)
Don't have replays as they were not working at the time

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Why aren't you using better fire stabs on pdon? It can transfer moves between formes, i.e. v-create/flare blitz/sacred fire should work.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
i still dont see why generation jumping works, using splicers works, mega evolution type stealing, and forme jumping works...but not primal reversion. thats just excluding something for "convenience" reasons. which is a complex ban, which brings me back to my main point that it should be labeled in the clauses otherwise primal don, in a similar vein to mega evolution, is NOT an exception to this rule. as you literally state:
  1. Forme changes are completely transferable! That means Spore Rotom-W has finally arrived!
forme: "the visible shape or configuration of something."

primal reversion is a forme. its treated as a forme change. mega evolution is technically a forme change too. so in the end, either turn it into a complex ban, or remove the restriction. this isn't semantics. this is literally by definition by the dictionary. primal evolution's form change is similar to mega evolutions, in which they don't gain moves upon transformation, so if you bring that up, im going to just argue that its regardless an aspect on one thing, so i dont see why "it doesnt work for this one even though its the same situation" works. if its too good with fire moves, make a clause that bans primals from using them. its just so annoying to look at this meta when such a massive gaping contradiction exists.

yveltal gets nasty plot, oblivion wing, dark void and sucker punch/night daze/knock off so it could probably break balance like thundurus did in stabmons. It can also put its checks to sleep especially since it is quite fast with its 99 base
By uber standards since most of the tier is sitting at 90 base speed. Also it can wall the mewtwos with a defensive spread so there's also that (although it shouldn't be your only check since they can learn ice beam and tbolt.)

Giratina-o seems pretty good in this meta, being able to check a lot of espeeders with its ghost typing and levitate along with will-o-wisp. It still doesn't have any recovery besides rest and it can't hold a leftovers, so the alternate form might be better with its higher bulk and ability to hold leftovers at the cost of levitate. However it seems everyone would be running thousand arrows anyways so it it might not even matter.

Lugia seems really good with cosmic power, oblivion wing and stored power. Don't really have much else to say on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)