SPL VII - Salty Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
I had no interestin any of the matches this week. All stars s no better though.

In my opinion should be a manager tournament with the winning manager receiving a bonus point for their spl team.

Alternatively get rid of midseason. I dont think it serves much of a point. We didnt have it in spl1+2 and i dont think there was any problems.
totally supporting this. i have no idea why you guys are trying so hard for something you dont even care about yourselves. there was some "hype" about the salty suite when zebraiken posted the idea and look at how this turned out lol. if you really want those games to happen and have some interest, bring back the "battle of the week". but you even managed to get it removed because of how bad it became. im indirectly pointing out the mentality of the "new generation" of players who give no fuck when there's no trophy on the line.

regarding the all stars week, if you wanna keep this 1 week break so be it, but i don't know why you absolutely want to organize something during it. i'd assume this week allows the players to take a short break with pokemon and recharge the battery so why are we "forcing" the players to play some games during the midseason. i guess it's up to them if they wanna play but looking at the interest these matchups brought, they could just have played a friendly game on smogtours and the result would have been the same: 5 specs and no fuk given.

also to support the midseason's removal, not sure what prevents managers from bidding on a player during week 4-5 considering the fact that it takes literally 10 seconds to post a prize and 2-3 days to post and lock the midseason signups thread. just my opinion.

I agree...is there a reason we can't do the auction during week 5? The managers aren't battling anyway so what's the difference?

Last edited:

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I agree...is there a reasin we can't do the auction during week 5? The managers aren't battling anyway so what's the difference?
What about trades between teams, how does that work during a playing week? You still need a transfer window

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
as much as i am open to listening to community input i don't think this is the time or place to discuss whether or not midseason should exist (or whatever other ideas you might have for it), and also frankly i don't care enough to think about any of your arguments right now

i'm leaving this open only for the completion of lochie v king uu (and for 24 hours at most), but otherwise i would appreciate it if you summarized your thoughts on any serious suggestions and sent them to me at a later date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)