Allow Jirachi?

• Yes

Votes: 48 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've really been thinking hard about finalizing the Advance ruleset for the tour, and I've come to the realization that banning NonSTAB HP could add some major stalling and less variety in the game. However, I still think Celebi is on a much higher level than all of the other standard pokemon. Jirachi seems to be another issue though. I think it is far more easier to counter and much more easy to predict. It just seems that Jirachi is on a more level field with the OU than Celebi is.

What do you guys think?

Also, the site is fully updated for Season 4 with the new schedule and rules.

http://www.smogon.com/tournaments/tour/

If you ban Celebi, then ban Jirachi...Jirachi is a total (BAN ME PLEASE) that needs EQ to kill, nothing can scrach it. Despite the fact that it can't function/stall/annoying as well as Celebi, it still is an awesome pokemon.

keep celebi and jirachi out; many teams cant beat either one without a specific counter of sorts. especially jirachi since it is annoying and has less weaknesses than celebi; it also can hit too many things too easily.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i say keep both in, but i know that wont do

ill say keep jirachi in anyways. almost no one uses it anyways and its not that hard to kill/predict.

Sure, allow Jirachi. Everyone and their mom is using Swampert, and if you cannot keep that alive then your team is supposed to lose anyway.

I found banning Celebi make team building much easier and allowing more variety so please keep that.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't mind Jirachi as much as Celery, but still, if I can get rid of one huge (BAN ME PLEASE), I will.

Allow Jirachi, it is not as troublesome to beat as Celebi, it's not used much, and it's not as hard to counter with Earthquake on every team (Swampert, Metagross, Flygon, etc....)

Sure, allow Jirachi. Everyone and their mom is using Swampert, and if you cannot keep that alive then your team is supposed to lose anyway.

I found banning Celebi make team building much easier and allowing more variety so please keep that.
are you not contradicting yourself here? you say that banning celebi gives a larger variety, which everybody wants, but that jirachi should be counterable by the swampert that everyone has.

however, I voted that it shouldn't be banned, because of all the earthquakes around.

For those who are saying 'ban both' or 'unban' both, please state why. Giving that 100 base stats all around is stupid cause I can pointlessly bring up Mew, and which case you would then argue it's movepool, so then I'd counter argue with asking how are Celebi and Jirachi the same now and with that said, I will now await your replies.

This post is exactly how I feel. Celebi really needs to die, but Jirachi can stay, along with Non-Stab Hidden Powers imo.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I've used Jirachi a lot, and it consistently lets me down. Sure, it kills Blissey and Gengar, but it's amazingly difficult to do a lot of damage with unless you have 2 or 3 CMs down. Heck, it sometimes doesn't even 2HKO Skarmory when I try Fire Punch.

You don't want to be similiar to newb Brazilian servers in any single form. Allow Jirachi, it has it's counters like all OU pokemon. Snorlax with earthquake, swampert with earthquake is too Jirachi like snorlax is too Zapdos because it takes the sp.sweepers 3-5 hits to their counters. Claydol can counter Jirachi as well Metagross. And Celebi can be countered by Salamence, regice, skarmory and metagross. Each has lots of counters so please consider counting them guys.

I've used Jirachi a lot, and it consistently lets me down. Sure, it kills Blissey and Gengar, but it's amazingly difficult to do a lot of damage with unless you have 2 or 3 CMs down. Heck, it sometimes doesn't even 2HKO Skarmory when I try Fire Punch.
Try thunderbolt, and Jirachi is great for it's staying power, switch into something that does like 115 damage to it calm mind and sub so the attacks will have to attack twice to break the substitute. Or just predict switch ins and do your job.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Try thunderbolt, and Jirachi is great for it's staying power, switch into something that does like 115 damage to it calm mind and sub so the attacks will have to attack twice to break the substitute. Or just predict switch ins and do your job.
Did I not make it clear that I was testing? Thanks for stating the obvious about CM and Subs.

Jirachi wishes or CM sweeps, not stall :\ Also there is a 15 minute rule anyway for anyone who does try to stall. If you want them banned because "they are too hard to take down", fix your team... People put Fire Blast on Mence to beat Skarm, but they don't want skarm banned it takes a moveslot. In the same sense, you could put HP Bug on something I guess.

i don't really see why should jirachi be banned; it's not as hard to counter as celebi, and has a much more limited movepool

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
~50-50 again... why can't people be slanted on any issue lol

I don't think Jirachi needs a ban; I can think of only two sets I've seen it use and they were both pretty counterable.

I think both are a pain in the ass so I say ban both for the time being. Then I can go back to boltbeam on my CMBlissey.

just ban both for this time around and then see how it works out.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yes, ban Jirachi. At least lets try it. I don't really think Jirachi is as much of a (BAN ME PLEASE) as Celebi, but it hardly even dies to Earthquakes which really is the only move that can take a shot at killing it.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Are you serius guys? This is embarissing. Don't ban Jirachi and Celebi it's very nooby.
Apparently you don't realize that Celebi is teetering on the edge of brokeness with its vast movepool of useful support moves (Leech Seed, Psychic, Heal Bell, Baton Pass, 101 subs, CM, SD, need I go further?), its amazing defenses, and attacking capabilities. And learn how to spell "embarrassing" correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)