Smogon Tour ShoddyBattle Server

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've never had a problem with lag but during this particular smogon tour season, I've had not just lag, but been outright disconnected from the server. I recall the UU tour not two weaks ago where I desperately tried to get my match done with Pocket only to be continuously disconnected.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Well, I think we've gotten enough opinions on this. So Aeolus, have you thought of anything yet? Are leaning more towards arranging to make a new server, or have you found any way to fix the lag? I'd just like to see what your opinion is on this matter as of now, now that you've heard what everybody else has to say about it.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah the lag is very bad during smogon tours, I have had to play all my matches on CAP server this tour, as playing on SU is pretty much out of the question.

I also had a lot of trouble with PMing like people said, it would take so long just to login SU and send a PM saying that I won. When people were playing there matches on CAP there are a lot of spectators but no lag at all, probably because there arent random ladder matches going on

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
The lag's already bad enough for me, as I can't even get regular matches going on during the Tour.

I expect the server to lag a lot more with 128 people instead of 64.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would also support this, as some times the lag is so bad that it causes me to get disconnected and kicked off shoddy battle. Especially during the tour, this makes battling nearly unbearable.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've hosted 4/6? of these yours so far, and I will admit that the lag is rather annoying. I don't really see a need to create a whole new server for this though. We've managed just fine using Cap is smogon uni becomes to unbearable. At times I've hosted from r2 -> finals on CaP alone. I don't really see the need for another server if we can make do with another "Smogon sponsored" server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)