Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I'm not a new member at all, I posted here "Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)." Now I'm getting a thing at the bottom of that page saying "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." Why?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not a new member at all, I posted here "Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)." Now I'm getting a thing at the bottom of that page saying "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." Why?
There was a bug with the forums, but it seems to be fixed now.

Sondero

Hi! In Pokémon Showdown there is a Metagame called "Dragon Cup", but I can't find any information about it. Where can I see the rules?
Here's a link to the Pokemon Global link page: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/dl-regulation/6010 (you may have to select the Language and then click the link again due to how PGL works).

If you can't access the site for whatever reason, the gist of it is that it's pretty much Battle Spot Singles, except you have access to one of the Legendaries that would usually be banned like Giratina or Mewtwo.

Edit: NinjA'd

Last edited:
https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/dl-regulation/6010 Give this a look, that should cover it!
Here's a link to the Pokemon Global link page: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/dl-regulation/6010 (you may have to select the Language and then click the link again due to how PGL works).

If you can't access the site for whatever reason, the gist of it is that it's pretty much Battle Spot Singles, except you have access to one of the Legendaries that would usually be banned like Giratina or Mewtwo.

Edit: NinjA'd
Thanks! I understand it now

Reactions: A

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Is there an easier way to put Images in my Sig? Copy and Paste isn't doing the trick anymore and I have to just get the Image link.

on the badge faq it says you need to vote in 8 suspects to get the badge, on the other article it says 4. what is the true amount of boring suspect ladders i got to top and vote about to get some badge to write some unfunny ct?

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
on the badge faq it says you need to vote in 8 suspects to get the badge, on the other article it says 4. what is the true amount of boring suspect ladders i got to top and vote about to get some badge to write some unfunny ct?

Reactions: Wob
Is fat(user) in quotes permanently gone? If nothing else, it’s great comedy when someone like that one guy with the houndour avatar goes on an anti quoting crusade.

Why don’t status messages show up before “,From xyz”?

Hey so is there a format somewhere for sample trade threads? I wanted to start with my trade thread and it would be a lot of help if there was coding advice and/or a ready made format. The main problem i seem to have is with the importing of .gif's and with the spoiler option.

Is fat(user) in quotes permanently gone? If nothing else, it’s great comedy when someone like that one guy with the houndour avatar goes on an anti quoting crusade.

Why don’t status messages show up before “,From xyz”?
1- Yes

2- Idk, but it's been like that since the update. Atm what shows up before it is the custom title

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hey so is there a format somewhere for sample trade threads? I wanted to start with my trade thread and it would be a lot of help if there was coding advice and/or a ready made format. The main problem i seem to have is with the importing of .gif's and with the spoiler option.
SteveKanonfreak made a tool you can download to help with the formatting. Might be worth a shot! If you see a thread with a format you like, you can also quote the post then copy the BB Code. To do so, you might want to click the little gear on the right side of the post toolbar before clicking "reply". Doing it the other way around can mess up the code I've seen, but then again I'm still trying to master xenforo so it could just be me :P

I don't know if this is the right place... but I'd like to know if there's any way of predicting a nature of a Pokémon transferred from Virtual Console. I've read that its nature will be the nature with the index number that corresponds to the Pokémon's total experience in Generation I modulo 25. But how do I know the index number for each nature?

Sondero

I don't know if this is the right place... but I'd like to know if there's any way of predicting a nature of a Pokémon transferred from Virtual Console. I've read that its nature will be the nature with the index number that corresponds to the Pokémon's total experience in Generation I modulo 25. But how do I know the index number for each nature?
The Orange Island- or Wi-Fi Simple Questions threads would be a good place to ask questions like that.

But to answer your question: here's a table of experience that pretty much explains how to get each nature:

Sondero

Minor suggestion: Would it be possible to add a "last edited" timestamp on Smogdex entries for Pokemon? Optimal/relevant sets change all the time, so I think a timestamp that shows when the page was last edited could help as an indicator to how relevant the set is.

Is there a place I can post new format ideas in? A friend and I are testing a new tier idea and we'd like to get more professional opinions on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)