1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Information & Resources' started by IronBullet, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Volcanoheadproduction(yt)

Volcanoheadproduction(yt)

just wondering why sprites, as such in my signature, go to the ?box. theyre all from bulbapedia, is it just a visual glitch on my end or a different problem in general?

[​IMG]

also, howd i make the pic smaller D:

EDIT: a fix was re-inserting the pictures, but i dont know if this will last
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. Spicey101

Spicey101

Hi, bit of a strange question, but I wondered if you clever people at Smogon had a complete list of each pokemon, and the moves they can learn in a single database or table? Any format will do. Thanks!
  3. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

Though it's not entirely complete (doesn't clearly include movesets for past generations and doesn't list what other Pokemon they need to breed with to gain specific Egg Moves) the Pokemon Showdown Pokedex has relevant information on every Ability, Move, Pokemon and even Z-Moves.

Oh and Welcome to Smogon!
  4. Reviloja753

Reviloja753

Question- What does it take to get your tourney approved? I know how to submit one, but the last time I submitted one, I just got flat-out rejected for suggesting a Rainbow League 3.
  5. Yoshizilla315

Yoshizilla315

For one, it needs to make sense; Rainbow League 3 doesn't sound like it makes sense. You should provide an in-depth description of the tournament, and how you're going to execute it. It should follow Smogon formats (for the most part) as well.
  6. Phat Albert

Phat Albert

Is there any way to turn off email notifications for conversations?
  7. A

A

8. DerekG

DerekG

Can someone point me to where i can find information on GEN5 RNG abuse for eggs? I have tried a search and then digging through forum title names and can't seem to find it.
  9. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

DeathByWobbuffet likes this.
  10. Auresi

Auresi

I'm unable to change my profile avatar, I feel it has something to do with

Smogon Forums - Error You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Is this due to my name change which was done.... roughly a month ago?
  11. CoolMan6001

CoolMan6001

Sure is. I think you need to ask a mod to unlock the profile.
  12. DeathByWobbuffet

DeathByWobbuffet the calm before the storm
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Yeah you get profile-locked for a month after having a name change so to prevent badgeholders from changing their custom titles. If you want a new avatar you can pm a supermod+ to change or if it's been a month remove the lock completely.

e: sniped
    CoolMan6001 likes this.
  13. SJMistery

SJMistery

Would it be possible to consider making a special RBY tier just without the game breaking glitches like the PP reroll glitch or the permanent invulnerability glitch? The Sleep Clause proves game mods are not bad when scarcely used, and RBY seems like the ultimate example of a tier that would benefit of some corrections. I mean, we already added the Desyinch Clause Mod to correct the most extreme of those glitches, but why stop there? I bet some pokemon like Dragonite (on tradeback-allowing tournaments) would enjoy at least having the possibility of having a Flying STAB move to use, it would cover Gengar nicely and provide almost the same power of Hyper Beam with much more PP and reliability, without removing the stantard Dragonite counterplay of getting thorougly screwed if you catch him with Rhydon at the wrong time.

Speaking of wich, why got the RBY OU (Tradeback) removed? There were interesting things that stantard RBY didn't allow. For example, Gengar with Ice Punch to murder the aftermentioned Dragonite as well as Weepinbell and other Wrappers with ease.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    EuSouAFazenda and Reviloja753 like this.
  14. Sessian

Sessian

Hi, can I just ask what the appropriate forum/subforum would be (if any) for non-art design concepts for Fakemons? So just written entries, descriptive stuff. Just about every forum I've shopped around only has fanart subforums for these sorts of things.
  15. Toy Time King

Toy Time King formerly Timman47

Hey, can someone tell me how to change my profile picture? I've looked everywhere (I think) on my profile page but I can't seem to find it.
  16. CoolMan6001

CoolMan6001

click your name at the very top of the smogon window, and in the drop down menu, click "Avatar"

EDIT: it should look like this:
    Untitled-1.png
  17. Toy Time King

Don't see avatar when I click it.
  18. Leo

Leo you are badges will get stripped
    is a Contributor to Smogon

That's because you recently got a name change. When you get a name change, you get a "formerly [old name]" custom title and your profile is locked until 1 month has passed. Just wait and post in the name and profile requests thread asking for it to be unlocked
    Sondero likes this.
  19. Toy Time King

Thanks Leo, it's been over a month now so I will try to get it removed.
  20. Bradthebad101

Bradthebad101

If someone has their name crossed out as such, bradthebad101, does that mean they are no longer on showdown?
  21. Leo

that means theyre banned from the forums
  22. Bradthebad101

Bradthebad101

Rip <insert user> Thank you :) and that was fast
  23. The Excadrill

The Excadrill I COULD BE BANNED!

is there a way to get alerts about when ur frens birthdays are! imo if there isnt there should be :toast:
  24. Bradthebad101

Bradthebad101

Another thing I wondered is custom titles, they are supposed to be for badge users only BUT some people have tournament banned and I COULD BE BANNED titles. Are they exactly what they say or just important or recognized non badge users?
  25. Leo

"I could be banned" is a custom title given to users with 3 infraction points, 1 point away from a ban. Tournament banned and WiFi blacklisted custom titles are given to users banned from participating in tournaments and blacklisted from wifi respectively

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)

1. CoolMan6001