Smogon sets in Pokemon Lab boxes

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is a repeat of the old Smogon sets in Shoddy boxes by Nomad, however this time its for Pokemon Laboratory. I don't have to explain why this is useful, just download the package and have fun. To install, open the teambuilder and click on File->Import Boxes. Browse to where you unzipped the package and import the set of boxes you want.

Thanks are in order. First I'd like to thank Mingot for pointing me in the right direction. This also wouldn't be possible without DougJustDoug, who updated the json scripts to prioritize primary moves and fixed errors in the database that prevented my script from working. A side effect of Doug's work is that Cathy's smogon teambuilder works much better. You're awesome man.

Download the boxes here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2781246/boxes.zip

The script that created these boxes is available here. This is only presented in the hope that it will be useful. I will not help you run this and I am not responsible for random computer crashes or bad Python programming practices.

Thanks man so much for posting this. Just to let people know, for me after I unzipped the file and imported each box, nothing seemed to happen at first. But if you click the "Open Box" feature in the drop down menu in Team Builder, then you will see the Smogon sets.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
These are great. One issue that I have had (I'm not sure if this is an issue with the client or with the boxes) is that if you overwrite a Pokémon with another one in the box menu, the new Pokemon keeps any of the moves that it could learn from the old Pokemon's set. For example, I selected Kanghaskan and then changed it to Chansey and the Chansey only knew the moves Return and Earthquake.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
stellar, that's a client side problem. I've fixed it recently, but the changeset that fixes it isn't available yet. Copying over the pokemon twice should help with that in the meantime.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Another possible issue is that the boxed Pokemon do not have nicknames when used in battle. (No names are displayed. example: "'s Attack was lowered!", " used Quick Attack!") I'm not sure if this is part of your client-side fix or not, but it is worth mentioning.

Super

This space for rent
I could have fixed it client side, but I decided to just say screw it to xml.dom and print out the boxes with hardcoded strings instead. I uploaded a new version of both the boxes and the source, and this should also have the most recent C&C update. This version fixes the problem stellar pointed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)