Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSA: I have a busy 2 weeks coming up so I don't know how quickly I can respond to requests and such; if there's anything urgent, you're probably better off talking to Prague Kick or just pming both of us.

Reminders:

On Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in #spl / #pokemon / any of the semiofficial tier channels, or in opposing SPL team channels (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team channel unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take irc or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On Disconnecting and timing out drama
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Prague Kick and Esteemed SPL Host Ginku, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

~ Aldaron
(Use https://cryptobin.co/ to secure your team with a password if you don't trust us)

This should be a smooth ride if everyone follows the instructions above (schedule via VM, submit teams, don't start drama for no reason), but it won't be.

---

Ever Grande BIGS (6) vs Wifi Wolfpack (6)

SM OU: Posho vs FlamingVictini
SM OU: Destiny Device vs Snowy.
SM OU: Ciele vs Gingy
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs aim
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Sken
SM DOU: BLINGAS vs SamVGC
ORAS OU: Obliviate vs ChillShadow
BW OU: Finchinator vs Luck>Skill
DPP OU: Mael vs Void
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Astamatitos
GSC OU: d0nut vs Fear
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Nails

Circus Maximus Tigers (7) vs Congregation of the Classiest (5)

SM OU: Mazar vs Lcans
SM OU: Steve Angello vs Reymedy
SM OU: p2 vs Adam
SM Ubers: Edgar vs sin and victimization
SM LC: OP vs Heysup
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs Braverius
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Lysergic
BW OU: McMeghan vs Eo Ut Mortus
DPP OU: Tamahome vs 6A9 Ace Matador
ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin vs Danilo
GSC OU: giara vs Earthworm
RBY OU: Golden Gyarados vs Lusch

Stark Sharks (4) vs Team Raiders (8)

SM OU: undisputed vs reyscarface
SM OU: PDC vs nedor
SM OU: dice vs kratosmana
SM Ubers: Minority vs Hack
SM LC: Corporal Levi vs mad0ka
SM DOU: I Am a Rookie vs Stax
ORAS OU: Trosko vs TDK
BW OU: dragonuser vs Jayde
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs UD
GSC OU: Veteran In Love vs BKC
RBY OU: The_Chaser vs Tobes

Cryonicles (7) vs Firebot Falcons (5)

SM OU: njnp vs Cicada
SM OU: Zamrock vs Get This Money
SM OU: mencemeat vs Leftiez
SM Ubers: psychicmewtwo vs Lacus Clyne
SM LC: Ice Tea vs zf
SM DOU: KyleCole vs kamikaze
ORAS OU: Poek97 vs xray
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka
DPP OU: Atticus vs Sweepage
ADV OU: Fakes vs Triangles
GSC OU: New Breed vs Mr.E
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Bedschibaer

Indie Scooters (6) vs Alpha Ruiners (6)

SM OU: TheThorn vs Blunder
SM OU: Hector Hard Mode vs Geemick
SM OU: Sabella vs ABR
SM Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs Astounded
SM LC: Star vs Christo
SM DOU: Biosci vs Memoric
ORAS OU: Axel10 vs Rodriblutar
BW OU: Jirachee vs Sugarhigh
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Smurf.
ADV OU: Ojama vs Golden Sun
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs Idiotfrommars
RBY OU: Crystal_ vs MetalGro$$

---

Deadline is Sunday, February 5th, at 11:59 PM EST.

If I made a mistake with any matchups or names, please contact Prague Kick or me.

60/60 matches completed

Last edited by a moderator:
predictions

Make way, for the sumo (Sumo) comin' straight out of Somoa/ Known to shake the ground when I first touch down/ Push more weight than Cube, havin' girls sip it all on the island in the nude/ Built to last like an Energizer Bunny/ Pushin' seven hundred and still makin' money/ Step into my Dohyo, your bound to get clowned/ Thrown out the line or smashed to the ground/ Competition I'm the biggest, I ain't no rookie/ Overweight lover, and still known to boogy/ Bring the house down when I hit the floor, and sing karaoke for an encore/ So females step on up, move a little closer and tilt your cup cause it's the best time you've had in a while/ We livin' like kings straight sumo style (Sumo style)

-Hook-We can party the night away/ Mix some Coconut and some Alize/ Thats how we do it on the island everyday/ Living like kings is the only way

Layzie BoneNigga went from runnin' the streets and sellin' that llell' to the number one thug on the scene/ For the love of money runnin' with Eazy, niggas was cheesy with cream/ Was once a dream, is now a reality/ Got the judicials to show it/ And I'm out there talkin' hocus pocus lettin' these fake niggas know it/ Niggas be Menenski in my Mercedes, T. and G-O in the Bentley/ Double O classes on that ass, droppin' that magic with Konishiki/ We don't want it all, nigga we got it/ Keep so real, we should stop it/ Makin' these hoes on the dance with drop it/ Tell me which boys be the hottest? Recognize the B to the O to the N E, nigga my Mo! Thug Family growin'/ Left Cleveand went to the Islands, hooked up with the Samoan/ Remember we worldwide ballers and I'm that International Thug/ Shippin' my music overseas, just like a keeper ship his drug/ Throw it up, for your highness, I want the world to spoil me/ Show a lil' loyalty, and bow down to this royalty/ If its poetry you diggin' I'm a do it like it ain't no thang/ Cause it's easy when you livin' like a king, bling bling

-Chorus-Layzie-

KonishikiNext on the menu, is a seven course meal/ Sushi to start, raw tuna, and eel/ That's how we do it in the back of the club; Toast champagne as we get a backrub/ No worries tonight tomorrow back to Japan, Miami, Hawaii motherland/ Coast to coast every city asleep/ I'll be dining in Paris same time next week/ And onto Hollywood, the city of stars, on the set of my movie eating caviar, in the limelight, cause it's my turn/ All the food I can eat with the money to burn/ But I don't get caught in a rich man games, I keep it simple poiser then a tempo/ I treat myself to finer things, Konishiki, the sumo/ Living like kings (Living like kings)

Last edited:
Ever Grande BIGS (0) vs Wifi Wolfpack (0)

SM OU: Posho vs FlaminVictini
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Sken- if the world doesn't explode after this one... on god..
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Astamatitos- the 2 best ADV-ers imo and the 2 I really wanted this SPL :x. idk its a tough pick but dekzeh just always impresses me literally every game since I've started watching SPL
GSC OU: d0nut vs Fear- at week 1 I would've predicted Donut, but beating IFM is pretty powerful. and I saw some poor play on donut's end in his earlier game :x. he's good tho!

Stark Sharks (0) vs Team Raiders (0)

SM OU: undisputed vs reyscarface-??
SM Ubers: Minority vs Hack- idk who minority is so hack is the obvious pick
SM LC: Corporal Levi vs mad0ka- lucky n jill stein
ORAS OU: Trosko vs TDK- G6 TROSKO!!
ADV OU: Kevin Garett vs UD
RBY OU: The_Chaser vs Tobes- this guy seems p good.

Cryonicles (0) vs Firebot Falcons (0)

SM Ubers: psychicmewtwo vs Lacus Clyne- lol
SM LC: Ice Tea vs zf- even ict can beat this guy
SM DOU: KyleCole vs kamikaze- i like kylecole
GSC OU: New Breed vs Mr.E- yeah like. Kevin needs to play at maybe 70% of his usual to win.

Indie Scooters (0) vs Alpha Ruiners (0)

SM OU: TheThorn vs Blunder- rape incoming
SM LC: Star vs Christo- Go christo tho!!

DPP OU: Mael vs Void - glad mael gets a chance to shine in dpp
DPP OU: Tamahome vs 6A9 Ace Matador - due for a win
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Smurf. - Bossman Phil is the guy I was most excited to play against when I saw the rosters, gonna be a fun one for sure.

ADV OU: Ojama vs Golden Sun - back in form and all bias aside he's the better adv player
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Astamatitos - backing asta to bounce back from his patchy start, looking forward to some creative teams!
ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin vs Danilo - nilonilonilo

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Contacted Luck an hour or two ago. Let's have a fun week, Wolfpack, and let's fucking go, Bigs! Logs and Replays thread will be posted later today and I will update it daily. If you play on an alt, please link your replay in your win/loss post, if possible - thanks.

Circus Maximus Tigers (8) vs Congregation of the Classiest (4)

SM OU: Mazar vs Lcans - that feel when you have the tigers OU core going 3-0 bop
SM OU: Steve Angello vs High Impulse
SM OU: p2 vs Adam
SM Ubers: Edgar vs sin and victimization
SM LC: OP vs Heysup
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs Braverius
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Lysergic - This is a cool match, but I think that Mob's probably best off in SM for the time being and he's going to prove that this week. I expect him to either stall him or just kinda outplay w standard stuff.
BW OU: McMeghan vs Eo Ut Mortus - well, roro's back in business... :x
DPP OU: Tamahome vs 6A9 Ace Matador
ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin vs Danilo
GSC OU: giara vs Earthworm
RBY OU: Golden Gyarados vs Lusch

Stark Sharks (3) vs Team Raiders (9) - will be closer probably

SM OU: PDC vs nedor - nedor shows a lot of potential, but he still has some improvements to make. pdc had a rough L last week, but he's been impressive otherwise and he's overall better/more exp.
SM OU: dice vs kratosmana - kinda similar players tbh, but i think anti's just sorta hard to beat in SM rn while dice's shifting tiers when he was doing just fine in BW overall, alas.
SM Ubers: Minority vs Hack - one might say that the number of people who know who the shark's ubers player's identity is make up the minority...hahahahahahah i fucking SUCK
ORAS OU: Trosko vs TDK - Top Dee Kek happens to be an elite Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Pocket Monster battler and, therefore, I expect him to emerge victorious in this round of combat that he will engage Trosko in during week four of the Smogon Premier League.
BW OU: dragonuser vs Jayde - East battle and probably a personal highlight for me because I love seeing dragonuser in BW here, I expect jayde to win due to his current form but it could go either way tbh
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe - tbh this is probably a really fucking good game given how well tof has done so far, but i think roscoe is kinda consistently really good in DPP and he has a fuckton of support, so giving him a slight edge, very slight

Cryonicles (7) vs Firebot Falcons (5)

SM OU: Zamrock vs Get This Money - two fairly solid dudes actually, Zam kinda surprised me with his rebound last week..whewwww
ORAS OU: Poek97 vs xray - will poek ever stay in the same tier for two straight weeks oo
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka - can't predict against SW rn but he needs to lose so I can allstar maybe lol
GSC OU: New Breed vs Mr.E - idk how good NB is here but mystery is solid

Indie Scooters (5) vs Alpha Ruiners (7)

SM OU: TheThorn vs Blunder - if anyone can slay blunder tho..it'll be thorn bop
SM OU: Sabella vs ABR - ABR about to make his own hard mode for his opponents out of the remainder of SPL after taking an early L..oh my
SM Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs Astounded - nice game tho
SM LC: Star vs Christo - star = God
ORAS OU: Axel10 vs Rodriblutar - HOW
BW OU: Jirachee vs Sugarhigh - could this be a turnaround for Rachee :O
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs Idiotfrommars - all good things in life must eventually come to an end, perhaps
RBY OU: Crystal_ vs MetalGro$$ - bop

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Wifi Wolfpack (7)

SM OU: Posho vs FlamingVictini
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Sken
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Astamatitos
GSC OU: d0nut vs Fear

Stark Sharks (3) vs Team Raiders (9)

SM Ubers: Minority vs Hack
ORAS OU: Trosko vs TDK
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs UD

Cryonicles (10) vs Firebot Falcons (2)

GSC OU: New Breed vs Mr.E

Indie Scooters (4) vs Alpha Ruiners (8)

SM OU: TheThorn vs Blunder
SM LC: Star vs Christo

RBY OU: Alexander. vs Nails - One day he will show to everybody what he can do. Waiting for this moment.
RBY OU: Golden Gyarados vs Lusch - GGyara please prove me i'm wrong and show us a way to beat this guy legally.
??? OU: The_Chaser vs Tobes - Greatest Of All Times matchup. Tobes is the best player imo
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Beds "86" chibaer - Der Frosch frisst Grapefruits. @Beds jsyk
RBY OU: Crystal_ vs MetalGro$$ - Metal more solid than Crystal I guess.

Ah, also:
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka - Obviously. Bad luck must end somewhere.

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
favorite match-ups this week, and why:

- ADV OU: dekzeh vs Astamatitos
Both solid and try to branch out from classic teambuilding, not much else to add. I hope the match-up will be even so both players can execute their strategies without getting steamrolled.

- GSC OU: Veteran In Love vs BKC
I think the names say it all lol. I like this match-up even more in GSC to be honest, can't get wrecked due to match-up in this tier unless you bring a super bad team, so we can see both players' skill truely shine.

- SM OU: mencemeat vs Leftiez
I feel like toupip finally got over his SPL demons. He plays like he's properly able to and doesn't bring shit teams while jam is a constant threat. I hope the match-up will be neutral so the game comes down to the players' aptitutes (repeating myself here...). Should be super entertaining.

- ORAS OU: Axel10 vs Rodriblutar
Lowkey the best match-up of this round considering their current form and level of play. I normally don't rly get hyped over ORAS games but both played gawdlike so far...

- BW OU: Jirachee vs Sugarhigh
Super biased here lol. Sugarhigh always bring something funky and rachee is capable of more than what he's shown so far... hopefully both players step it up a notch as far as playing ability go and offer us a good one.

- DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Smurf.
Both guys are great teambuilders. They're both creative without ending with Wack Squads. Philip is an accomplished player and Smurf is on a roll atm, finally getting the wins his teambuilding deserves. As a fan of outta-the-box teamcrafting, this is one of my most anticipated game.

- ADV OU: Ojama vs Golden Sun
Once again names say it all. Golden Sun's last week game was pretty impressive too. Should be (hopefully) a good one.

DPP OU: Mael vs Void - glad mael gets a chance to shine in dpp
DPP OU: Tamahome vs 6A9 Ace Matador - due for a win
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Smurf. - Bossman Phil is the guy I was most excited to play against when I saw the rosters, gonna be a fun one for sure.

ADV OU: Ojama vs Golden Sun - back in form and all bias aside he's the better adv player
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Astamatitos - backing asta to bounce back from his patchy start, looking forward to some creative teams!
ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin vs Danilo - nilonilonilo
Looking forward to it too, boss. Ready when you are.

SM OU: Ciele 60-40 Gingy playing advantage for sure, not to be underestimated creativity-wise either. gingy is a formidable opponent but advantage cl
SM Ubers: Level 56 55-45 aim l56 has been on a tear but joeys been playing v well, will be close
ORAS OU: Obliviate 50-50 ChillShadow lowkey gonna be real good between two of the dark horses from last tour playoffs, i like their similar styles vs each other
BW OU: Finchinator 60-40 Luck>Skill dont think finch will struggle much with the likes of lucario rain and its ilk
DPP OU: Mael 60-40 Void about time my boy got his shot, his tentacruel celebi hippowdon bronzong teams will surely bring victorie
ADV OU: dekzeh 45-55 Astamatitos the comeback starts Now. dek has been v solid so far but i think asta will finally turn it around
GSC OU: d0nut 45-55 Fear like what ive seen from him so far, donuts no slouch though
RBY OU: Alexander. 45-55 Nails pull it out neil, alex is strong but i have faith in my east compadre

ORAS OU: Nintendi 50-50 Lysergic i deadass dig this matchup my guy
BW OU: McMeghan 50-50 Eo Ut Mortus normally itd be hard to go against mcm once he dropped the stupid shit (after only 1 week, true poser move lol) but eo's team and play last week were Excellent. hopefully eo doesnt beat himself with either this time around. this will be a fantastic game if so even if id rather see it in bw1
DPP OU: Tamahome 45-55 6A9 Ace Matador the boy is Due. his teams have been fantastic so far and the play solid; the shots will start falling (the wins will come). tama is no slouch obviously. should be a great battle
ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin 45-55 Danilo idk how to feel about nilos teams sometimes but jabbas last week was rather silly. hopefully we see stuff thats creative but not dumb
GSC OU: giara 41-59 Earthworm ew solid as always but giara can certainly give him a run for his money, hes been using cool stuff and being smart. that said, it Is ew

SM OU: mencemeat 40-60 Leftiez the personification of buzzwole has been looking very solid in the new generation, his creative side showing itself off and his playing finally down pat. jam is great but has been looking a little out of place so far in sm although thats no reason he couldnt come up with a big win here. one to look out for
ORAS OU: Poek97 49-51 xray fucking brutal game with two extremely evenly matched players. however xray finally got his rear in gear last week so if he stays focused he has an ever-so-slight advantage
BW OU: SoulWind 60-40 Shoka will be a close one but hard to go against this character rn, hes just on it
DPP OU: Atticus 50-50 Sweepage tbh counting on atticus to show a little more than the game vs void had in hopes for a good battle but not many scarier when hes in the zone. of course the same goes for his opponent whos sure to bring some safe and yet unconventional-ish, strong stuff, so itll be one to watch for sure
ADV OU: Fakes 50-50 Triangles evenly matched in battle, fakes has had a better start but may have had his momentum disrupted by the horrific moves by his manager last week. if tri plays like he did week 1 there wont be much holding him back provided his teams solid. look forward to it
RBY OU: Peasounay 48-52 Bedschibaer beds' domination on pp plays into this

SM OU: TheThorn 45-55 Blunder cbb and blund were poppin off at each other yday so cbb might Sub Himself In (kidding. thorn is good. cbb will certainly have his hand in the cookie jar teamwise as always but blunders been p goshdarn strong so i give toxapex farmer #2 the edge)
SM OU: Sabella 49-51 ABR apparently mimikyu sucks but sabellas been beasting p hard so he'll give abr a fierce run for his money
SM Ubers: Gunner Rohan 55-45 Astounded will probably be even closer but i like gunners teams
ORAS OU: Axel10 56-44 Rodriblutar should be a Tight game between these two 3-0 beasts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BW OU: Jirachee 60-40 Sugarhigh no better place for phil to nab his first w than against celebi nasty passing to cobalion
DPP OU: Philip7086 60-40 Smurf. dude brings what he likes and zones in, earning that 21k price tag and making his fiance proud (congrats btw big man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). smurf is similar although a bit more prone to a rough matchup, but his pound-away style can certainly topple anyone. should be good
ADV OU: Ojama 45-55 Golden Sun last year this wouldve been pretty overwhelmingly in ojamas favor but gs' playing has been better than it has in a long time so he has a bit of an edge here i think, his teams have also been wildly far away from his regular style so he'll be hard to predict
GSC OU: Mr.378 51-49 Idiotfrommars hes been playing so goddamn well so far, dont think anyone wouldve predicted against ifm in this mu preseason but now...
RBY OU: Crystal_ 45-55 MetalGro$$ crystals good and isnt afraid to lead tauros but metalgross has been in a zone

raid em

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
Ever Grande BIGS (0) vs Wifi Wolfpack (0)

SM OU: Posho vs FlamingVictini - FV is the better builder and player in my opinion and posho hates sm
SM OU: Destiny Device vs Snowy. - Have't been too impressed by DD, while Snowy seems to steadily be playing better each week
SM OU: Ciele vs Gingy - Ciele is the better player and last week gingy vs blunder was kinda shiet
ORAS OU: Obliviate vs ChillShadow - As far as ORAS goes and from what I've seen from both I think CS has the edge

Circus Maximus Tigers (0) vs Congregation of the Classiest (0)

SM OU: Mazar vs Lcans - Mazard beat the PDC and Lcans had a pretty close match but I think Mazar wins here having Steve to help with the builds while I don't really know who Lcans has for help
SM OU: Steve Angello vs High Impulse - Steve has been playing really good, Impulse from what I've seen is an aggro player but I think whats gonna cost him is his prep
SM OU: p2 vs Adam - p2 will probably have the edge teams wise but Adam is still a fantastic player, In order for p2 to win here he'll have to take advantage of his good team match up(calling it)
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Lysergic - I like this move from the classiest, Mob wasn't looking too hot in SM despite being really good at ORAS, surely he'll feel more comfortable playing ORAS

Stark Sharks (0) vs Team Raiders (0)

SM OU: undisputed vs reyscarface - I believe rey knows more about sm but undisputed does have the advantage (could be disadvantage) of not knowing standard (idk if he does just guessing) meaning he could bring some nice weird pokemonz
SM OU: PDC vs nedor - Less phero weak teams = more wins
SM OU: dice vs kratosmana - dice is really creative but Kratos is on fire, if someone were to stop his momentum i'd say it would be dice though.
ORAS OU: Trosko vs TDK - Another even match between two solid players, I believe trosko is gonna win but who knows even play field.

Cryonicles (0) vs Firebot Falcons (0)

SM OU: njnp vs Cicada - NJNP for reasons mentioned in other weeks is good at sm while I still consider cicada the weak link of Falcons SM
SM OU: Zamrock vs Get This Money - As far as building goes zam has the advantage in my opinion but I consider them as equals playing wise
SM OU: mencemeat vs Leftiez - Jam is the better player Leftiez is the better builder but when I say "better" its not like a huge gap or anything
ORAS OU: Poek97 vs xray - good battle xray has momentum and I think he might want to win this match more than poek

Indie Scooters (0) vs Alpha Ruiners (0)

SM OU: TheThorn vs Blunder - They're both good players, I'd say blunder would win if CBB one of his closest friends wasn't the manager of the other team
SM OU: Hector Hard Mode vs Geemick - I feel like Hector is slowly playing better, this will be close but I except HHH to take it
SM OU: Sabella vs ABR - better builder in my opinion just dont bring rain please its poor
ORAS OU: Axel10 vs Rodriblutar - this match is so fucking nice I can't really predict anyone but jesus fuck this will be the game to watch (hopefully)

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Ever Grande BIGS (6) vs Wifi Wolfpack (6)

SM OU: Posho vs FlaminVictini - posho always talks shit about sm so rly doubt he got good at it yet, fv's solid so yeah
SM OU: Destiny Device vs Snowy. - interestin matchup, snowy got 2 big wins with great playing so expecting him to stay solid
SM OU: Ciele vs Gingy - rip ginge
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs aim - joey won't lose again lol
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Sken - both been doing great so hard to tell, givin sken the edge cuz his performance was more impressive so far imo
SM DOU: BLINGAS vs SamVGC - sam's p good and dunno if blingas is rusty or not
ORAS OU: Obliviate vs ChillShadow - think obliviate still has potential
BW OU: Finchinator vs Luck>Skill - finch can only lose to the bw messiah
DPP OU: Mael vs Void - void just hasn't been doing great(awesome dude tho)
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Astamatitos - dek's the greatest
GSC OU: d0nut vs Fear - looks like fear prep'd rly well for ifm last week, and d0nut's been doing a few questionable plays
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Nails - nails should be with a way better record :( but alex is still super strong

Circus Maximus Tigers (7) vs Congregation of the Classiest (5)

SM OU: Mazar vs Lcans - mazar got a decent win but lcans was unlucky af las week, can't rly tell
SM OU: Steve Angello vs High Impulse - interested on seein how amir will do in sm tho
SM OU: p2 vs Adam - p2's been solid(with retarded sets but hey they win) but adam's still strong, should be cool
SM Ubers: Edgar vs sin and victimization - edgar's great
SM LC: OP vs Heysup - this is the lc king
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs Braverius - bowman's too good :(
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Lysergic - should be good
BW OU: McMeghan vs Eo Ut Mortus - i'm a roro fan now
DPP OU: Tamahome vs 6A9 Ace Matador - tama seems to be less washed up one lol
ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin vs Danilo - jabba been p unlucky
GSC OU: giara vs Earthworm - worms barely loses ever
RBY OU: Golden Gyarados vs Lusch - just the better player probs

Cryonicles (10) vs Firebot Falcons (2)

SM OU: njnp vs Cicada - cicada pulled a win out the ass which was cool but njnp's been doing rly well
SM OU: Zamrock vs Get This Money - zam's on point
SM OU: mencemeat vs Leftiez - this is mrjam we talkin about
SM Ubers: psychicmewtwo vs Lacus Clyne - pm2 looks to be way better as an ou player but maybe he'll pull it off again
SM LC: Ice Tea vs zf - icy :heart:
SM DOU: KyleCole vs kamikaze - consistent
ORAS OU: Poek97 vs xray - poeks a king
BW OU: SoulWind vs Shoka - sw's on fire
DPP OU: Atticus vs Sweepage - guess whos bak
ADV OU: Fakes vs Triangles - close
GSC OU: New Breed vs Mr.E - that's kash money kev
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Bedschibaer - should be good

Indie Scooters (6) vs Alpha Ruiners (6)

SM OU: TheThorn vs blunder - blunds my waifu
SM OU: Hector Hard Mode vs Geemick - geemick choked on terrain mech's so doesn't seem too caught up with sm yet prob
SM OU: Sabella vs ABR - don't fret abr always loses week 3 then wins everythin
SM Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs Astounded - mfin gguner
SM LC: Star vs Christo - star :D
SM DOU: Biosci vs Memoric - memo :D
ORAS OU: Axel10 vs Rodriblutar - powerful game, should be rly good
BW OU: Jirachee vs Sugarhigh - phil won't go 0-4.... right?
DPP OU: Philip7086 vs Smurf. - probably close
ADV OU: Ojama vs Golden Sun - kingpin :v4:
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs Idiotfrommars - mr378's been doing great tho
RBY OU: Crystal_ vs MetalGro$$ - think metal's a bit better overall

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs aim - aim faces the most impressive player so far in this year's SPL, but, for some reason, I just have a feeling aim's going to build on a solid performance in his first game (which he should have won 9/10 if not for hax) and give 56 his first loss.
SM Ubers: Edgar vs sin and victimization - Edgar has been quite impressive and we haven't seen much from sin yet. I expect Edgar to once again post a solid performance and get the win.
SM Ubers: Minority vs Hack - Probably still the best Uber player competing in this SPL, I expect Hack to bring a more aggressive team this week and take this one.
SM Ubers: psychicmewtwo vs Lacus Clyne - Lacus will look to build on her first win and finally hand psychicmewtwo his first loss of the season.
SM Ubers: Gunner Rohan vs Astounded - Gunner has been a truly sensational player so far, with consistent yet potent builds and I expect him to slightly edge Astounded in a really close one.

Once again, I know very little about other tiers, but I'm still rooting for people I enjoy watching (Mr.378, Gunner Rohan, blunder, mencemeat, Finchinator, Minority, aim, Ice Tea, Rodriblutar)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)