Smogon Premier League VII - Week 9 (read post #313)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zebraiken

thursday to thursday is fucking weird, and there's no point in preparing if we don't know the matchups

can we just have thursday until next sunday? there's no harm in a few extra days with the matchups to prepare for the games. now that we have the matchups, we aren't holding anything up. sharks want the extra time, wolfpack agrees, the classiest manager is shakeitup anyways so their opinion doesn't really matter, etc.

i genuinely don't see any reason why we can't have a few extra days besides pokepurists like bkc complaining about it lol!

I genuinely honestly literally find seven days to be enough of an embarassing johnfest as is and if anything it should be thursday to this sunday (let's be real it's not like those extra days are going to preparation)

oh and adamant gyara is perfectly fine in dpp, sw would've loved to face jolly in that game so shut the fuck up with this nonsensical "+spe everything xD" nonsense

"I genuinely haven't put an ounce of thought into my team" - blarajan on Sunday evening as his battle with madoka approached

I concede, gg

must be nice to have the luxury of throwing games based on who you'd rather have in the playoffs...

the classiest manager is shakeitup anyways so their opinion doesn't really matter, etc.
nice joke rofl.
Anyway, I don't really think we need to extend the week to Sunday just because "it's weird." I'll concede that upon initial inspection, the thought of a week ending on Wednesday or Thursday seemed absolutely retarded. However, I really do not think we need to extend the deadline and allow clowns like PDC to john for even longer. 1 week is long enough, and at the end of the day, the weekend still exists for all of the people with weird timezones like my team to battle their opponents; the games will just be done earlier. This might actually work out better, as with timezone conflicts, many games will only be able to get done during the weekend, which will now be the middle of the week compared to the end. Therefore, I think the 1 week deadline is perfectly reasonable and should not be extended (me and BKC agreeing on something...insane I know).

nah the reason why thursday to thursday or w/e makes less sense than sunday to sunday and isn't just "the same seven days displaced" is because for some matchups, the foreigners especially, the monday-thursday after the weekend are just dead days, meaning they have significantly fewer days to prepare for their matchups.

for example, if reiku is playing pdc (hypothetical??), and reiku's spanish ass can only play pdc over the weekend, he only has two days or so to prepare for his game before the weekend where he has to play due to timezones. if that game gets missed (for any reason, such as pdc having an emergency fishing trip or his bar mitzvah or something), it's too early in the week to get an activity win forcing reiku to get subbed out b/c pdc is free whenever middle school gets out the remainder of the week.

if it's a sunday to sunday week, then reiku has the entire week to prepare for his game even if he can't play until weekend, and missing the scheduled weekend game is a lot more significant / less disadvantageous for less available parties

it might be the same number of days but those days are a lot less valuable after the weekend than before the weekend

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
if u dont wanna be weak as piss even at +1 u use adamant gyara in dpp. if u wanna actually hit revenge killers on the switch with waterfall and wear down offensive checks (and even some defensive), u use adamant gyara. pretty much only use jolly on lo gyara, and even then u can still feel the loss of power

dweebs

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
blarajan said:
for example, if reiku is playing pdc (hypothetical??), and reiku's spanish ass can only play pdc over the weekend, he only has two days or so to prepare
Despite the fact that you all probably have a bunch of ideas/teams ready for playoffs, I would like to underline the fact that two whole days to prepare for one single Pokémon battle might be enough. And that is without taking into account that players might be able to play through week days, so that is the absolute worst scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)