Smogon Premier League VI - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Being honest here, it's easy to understand the frustration in losing and a teammate letting you down, so the reactions to such things were understandable
not gonna get involved with intrateam drama but i just want to say that yelling at your teammate when they lose is actually not an understandable reaction, not only is this "pokemon" with all the baggage that already comes there but they're theoretically playing vs the 9 other best players in their tier throughout the season and if u legit are going to get mad at someone for losing to the best players in their metagame then maybe u are an asshole, not to mention it is very unconducive to a healthy team environment and good team spirit. getting mad at someone for not participating in the team is understandable but getting mad at them for losing is not

as a side note i love all my scooters <3 but no shoutouts till we win finals AM I RIGHT BOYS

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
since ether already mentioned pretty much everything that needed to be said about your role in the cryonicles ill just add a few things that he didnt include

* already apologized to you for the public shaming after your brutal choke. but id like to extend an apology now to 3 fellow cryonicles who warned me about you pre-auction and i decided to go ahead and buy you anyways. im sorry for not listening to you guys.

* no support in RU? you have one of the best teambuilders in the site for multiple tiers (and also a much better player than you, from whom you could have learned a thing or two) helping you and thats not enough? well shit we might as well have bought a dog in auction and taught it how to use a pc because apparently you need just as much babysitting (do you really think other teams have 5 people helping their RUer? get a fucking grip). col49 would ask us for help in his team and for practices, and dice plus the team would help him as much as we could, and his dedication would show as he impressed this SPL. sadly you prefer keeping to yourself and apparently calling us degenerates in secret so we couldnt offer as much help.

* for what its worth by the way, psychotic mentioned knowing RU pretty deeply and he was going to be the second support for RU, sadly hes as weak-minded as you and got himself banned. guess youre not all that different.

* i cannot stress how important communicating is in a team tournament. the communication started off bad between us but the players mentioned it to dice and me, and we worked together as a team and it ended up working out perfectly. as it stands im pretty sure omfuga would be a better teammate than you. shit, at least he would talk to his team sometimes, even if just to attack and insult a better player than himself but whatever.

* you dont learn from your god damn mistakes. fucking up once is one thing, we all did it in the season. fucking up twice is fine too, we arent all fast learners. fucking up three or more times however thats just a god damn joke. youd expect the ability to understand and digest something as basic as "dont make your move rashly" from someone your age, but i guess fucking around doing absolutely nothing but going waa waa they say i choked :'( is more productive.

* in case you were wondering this was every single one of us during your games:

to the rest of the team, sorry we had to deal with a 23k setback due to two mongs

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Thanks reyscarface and fdicep for picking me, I guess some manager still know how much a record mean and what Pokemon is. Was glad to have giara Reymedy and Ojama as my fellow frenchmates, a bit disapointed reymedy didnt reach the 0-6 dimension though. BKC going #livingthedream mode after midseason and his 0-5 record was kinda fun to watch too so thanks for that. badabing Living So Zambian always there to cool down the team you guys are great. Too lazy to name all the team so thanks again guys.

Thanks to my team, even if we didnt make playoffs your guys were cool. Sorry for letting my team down losing games or the weeks I didnt had the motivation for playing this game.

I discover some guys playing on this team like Kevin_Garret and husk; great dudes, i'm glad about talking with your guys on the same team chat.

Good luck in the future mates :heart:

Spirit RULES

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
First of all, thanks to the cryos for drafting me, as I had been out of pokemon before this tournament. I wasn't as active as I was 2 seasons ago as I'm busier now (and timezones are a bitch :/), but I enjoyed being on the team a lot, I think we deserved making the playoffs, but I guess it wasn't meant to be :( As an aside, the teamwork in the week against the Classiest was seriously impressive!

As for the team environment, I found it great, and I saw everybody trying to help in any tier they could. Both reyscarface and dice were all the day trying to think about ideas for any tier, would offer a test when needed, and tried to make sure that the teams were as good as possible. Even Ojama (who isn't known for playing low tiers) was willing to share his thoughts about UU, and I also saw him talking with giara about his teams.

So yeah, I don't see how anybody can say that they didn't receive any help, all I saw was quite the opposite.

Oh and obligatory shoutout to Ojama for fdicep :D

will do individual shoutouts later!

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
tough luck team. we had fun though. :^)

btw i suck at this so they're short

shoutouts

Spirit sorry don't know you

Mack Bus sorry don't know you

psychotic: sorry don't know you

BKC thanks for being awesome kev! i know you were really keen on being on a different team from the start, but i really appreciate your admiration and dedication toward playing a tier you didn't want to originally. your utility stretched out to even tiers you didn't know, and you tried to help with each and every member of the team to give us the best chance of winning. i'd totally spend da ca$h on u. you were already one of my best friends on the site before spl started, and this spl just reaffirmed that. kill yourself, slayer, etc.

Ojama you really worked on being a good player in a team environment and i appreciate that! you were really valuable and a nice addition to our squad! you helped us in the preseason in deciding players, and you were as active as bkc in helping others. of course, there were a few spats here and there, but you were an awesome teammate and one of the best!

Living So Zambian another one of my best friends on this site! i'm glad you finally emerged from the shadows and finally showed ppl you weren't somebody with fuq with. it only took me 3 months of asking you to sign up for spl! you were a really dedicated player for a tier that's pretty shitty, and you were constantly testing or helping with remedy. u own honus :3

badabing you weren't really so active in the team environment as the other dudes per se, but i talked with you a lot and you're a really chill dude who is a poke savant. it was always fun hittin u up and just craftin some shit in uu or w/e and our convos usually made me realize smthn. don't die, u own.

Reymedy despite your record, you were really helpful! you didn't deserve it at all, and oras is kinda shit tbh. you da real mvp tho. your advice in xy and bw in regards to teams or w/e won us more games than you lost for sure! i would totally pay the retainer price again despite knowing your record. thanks for agreeing to join us and play oras! i'm glad you stuck with us.

Go10 you own @ dpp. you are kinda like ojama but less of a (BAN ME PLEASE) .________. yn. you were one of the more specialized players on the team, but you won so that's okay! you're a really cool dude, and i'm glad you got over the 0-5 stigma. you are truly one of the better dpp players on the site and this spl manifested that fact.

Picollo my fave german! you own and you and bkc were a power couple! i was kinda wary about retaining you from your record last year, but you proved me wrong! thank you for being a cool guy to talk to and a great gsc'r!

49 hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

kingofmars you're way better at that format than i am, but sometimes i was disappointed by a few plays of your lack of knowledge in the tier. kyurem-b :( you are a really cool dude though, and i'm glad we got you! thanks for everything! your record doesn't show how good of a player you really are. national champ ftw

Sweep thanks for filling in for our ubers players shoes! i worked most closely with you in the end, and i wish you ended up having a better record. you had some really bad luck, but you are a good player and one of the few good uberers on the site! i hope you continue in your endeavors and hone ur inner dice ~n_n~ yn

giara another frenchy! omelette baguette huehuehue. you were more soft spoken that the other obnoxious ones (ojama fdp -.-) but i really liked your attitude! you did fantastic having just picked up nu, and you are a forced to be reckoned with in any tier!

Lutra you never really talked, but you're a pretty good rby'r for sure! i just hoped that you would have been more active and conveyed info in a team environment :( work on that!

Meridian you are very insightful and a very underrated frenchy! i know you were disappointed with your play, but you always had cool ideas and could come up with some cool squads! i hope we don't lose touch since i could always learn a thing or two about creativity from you!

DestinyUnknown you weren't as active as i'd have hoped, but it's okay. you were just relearning the meta so you had a tough time, but that's a risk we took. you are a really chill dude, and you were cool to get to know.

King UU idk what to say..... you had a huge ego and had some toxic behaviors. you cannot trash talk teammates to try and secure a spot! but you were really helpful to the team at times, so it evened out i guess. work on this though!

malefic you kinda died but you just need to think before you play! you have potential! don't give up!

thanks team! much love
Too busy managing UUPL to take your criticism seriously. Maybe my ego will listen?

It's time for me to say a few words. I know this season sucked for us but we're coming back stronger than ever next season so Smogon should be aware of that. Thanks to makiri and Stellar for letting me play for the Sharks again, I was not sure about it at first but throughout the season I started liking my team a bit more and now I can't imagine playing for any other SPL team. You guys are also very good managers and amazing friends, I have to give it to you guys, listening to my constant bitching about the current ORAS Ubers metagame must take a lot of patience.

Now I have some things I want to say to some of my teammates, the ones I interacted with the most anyways:

babidi1998 / Heist: I didn't get to know you that much last season but I'm glad we were given the chance to be teammates again, you're an amazing player and a lot better than your record indicates. I hope we keep in contact and hopefully be able to share the same team logo in the future.

Kevin Garrett: To be honest I questioned the descision of us getting you but it turned out to be for the better, you helped a lot this season and I'm very grateful for that. I hope we end up as teammates in another tour in the future, also, if I ever need motivational material I'll ask you for that lol.

Conflict: The unofficial third manager, he can save people from choking or provoke downfalls haha, jokes aside, all the effort you put into this tournament is unbelievable, you always try to help everyone and that's always nice. Very chill guy, it was nice talking to you. Hopefully we will keep in contact, you're gonna have to fetch me some GSC teams for the old gens tour tho.

M Dragon: To be honest I didn't know how to react when they were talking about getting you, I didn't dislike you or anything but I was afraid of you being salty for the Blim match last season would have an impact on our team dynamic haha, glad I was wrong. You're an amazing player and a very nice guy to talk to, I wish I had seen your ADV performance some time though as I've never watched you play in your best tier.

The Goomy: You're the definition of a team player, you had to train blarajan in NU and having to sit on the bench for 4 weeks, I think you're an awesome player and I wish I had seen you play a bit more. You're also a very chill guy to talk to. I hope to see more of you on Smogon.

Inflikted: Normally, I don't like italians, however, you're an awesome dude and you are also very chill, which makes you an exception. I'm glad I got the chance to be on the same team as you and I hope your irl gets a bit lighter so I can watch you play more.

Thanks to Zebraiken for being an awesome host and also thanks to all the people who suported the Sharks (lucky charms like panamaxis, Philip7086 who would join once every 5 weeks to wish us good luck..... and Mizuhime, mooooooooo).

I'd like to announce that I'm done with ORAS Ubers (and Ubers in general after UPL), it has turned out to be a metagame that disfavors creativity and honestly very boring and stupidly matchup based. Thanks to all the people who kept supporting me after me losing games back to back, in all honesty, seeing how the metagame was not enjoyable made me feel demotivated and I can assure you that my record would have been totally different if I had any fun playing this metagame. But yeah, thanks to my supporters, you guys own!

Also, good luck to the BIGs, you guys better win it all :]

so, hey, i'd like to thank everyone for making this a cool first spl experience for me, and i whole-heartedly mean that; i made clear when i was picked up that i was in this for the experience itself, moreso than a trophy, and i was able to get that in spades here. for a third-choice midseason pick-up with little to no credibility to my name, i couldn't ask for more from this experience, and it's rad that i got to play for and with such quality players. i only wish i could've done more for my team, since all too many of them are deserving of a trophy, but i've never felt there was much to be gained from dwelling on such things. i hope that i'll be able to deliver in later seasons, should folks be willing to pick me up.

best of luck in play-offs falcons, and all remaining teams for that matter, i'm looking forward to some rad games from all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)