Smogon Premier League VI - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Lost to Conflict in a special battle for me; the SPL4 & SPL5 sharks tribute battle and almost sure my last battle as a player in a SPL. it was fun friend, gg :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-41359

About this season... All I wanted when I signed up in mid season was not being bought by Raiders ( 1 tie 3 losses ) but I knew I was gonna be, so after being bought by them I tried to do my best and I met some really good and nice people and really good players, now I can say that even not having done the 5/5 wins I am proud of having been with you guys. I really like every of you but I have to mention Steve Angello and e7e, you guys both were really active, motivated and willing to help every of us at any time so you deserve the most these highlights.

Also a special mention to my old team sharks, I was really sad for not being with you this season guys, this tournament hasn't been the same without you. You were like my pokemon family. It sucked that I couldn't sign up in December :/
The nicks were the 4 historical managers and the 2 veterans who were with me those 2 past seasons :] I wish we were together again in other SPLs! but who knows, its difficult.
I leave this knowing that my last battle this season and who knows in the future is a WIN for THE STARK SHARKS. I don't feel disappointed at all.

GL the remaining teams in play-offs!
As a fellow old Shark (SPL 3 RUer, so we never really met eachother), you just made me log on Smogon from my shitty phone to say that this is by far one of the most inspiratonal things I've seen during my time on this site. Despite the bad season we had back then (oh the good old Eternal - Ojama ghosting deal), the time I spent with the Sharks is the main reason why I came back 3 seasons later to relive the SPL experience. And it is definitely being worth the time.

Also, the time Conflict dedicates to the Sharks is worth nothing but respect. Remembering a random low tier player like me after so long really surprised me too. Hope you have a better run next year. SHARK ATTACK is the best victory catchphrase (tied with KACAW of course), so we better get some more of it.

btw, where is MoP :(

lost in a real heartbreaker with a good matchup. pretty disappointed in the way I'm played, and I can practically hear the "overrated" chants among the several people that I know wanted me to lose. I'm sorry I couldn't shut them up, but I'm a lot more sorry to my team. we went through so much bullshit and fought and nearly had a chance to make our playoffs dreams come true. as the guy who took that away from my teammates, words can't describe how terrible I feel about it right now. far worse than in any individual tour. you guys don't deserve to go home like that.

some shoutouts coming later after I clear my head a bit

GG PDC.

a word to the haters especially the ones who didn't make playoffs themselves: LMAO you really are happy over someone else's failure when you can't even succeed yourself. take a moment and think about how pathetic your existence is that the highlight of your day is an event that has nothing to do with your team.

Last edited:
shoutouts to lord palkia dialga clash for clutching a win with shit matchup. you put us in this shit position by haxing the fuck out of key in week 4 when we were up 6-5, so i'm glad you were able to repay us. let's win spl now my niggas haha. also call me 7/7 makin playoffs between spl and world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)