Finals Smogon Premier League VI - Finals [Won by the Congregation of the Classiest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
i was a little bit sad about vgc'ers getting drafted and subsequently using kanga+mew+amoonguss+azumarill teams when i knew me and other friends were willing to play with better teams.
Alright, I was hoping this wasn't an issue anymore, but can we please stop with this already? The attitude that Doubles players have toward this happening is understandable to an extent but calling all "vgc'ers" on this is asinine. This has happened all year long and everyone who's been on the receiving end of this is sick and tired of hearing the Doubles community "circle-jerk" continue to bash a few of us over two players' teams. It was honestly two people on one team who did it (soul_survivor + snakesonaplane) week in and week out. Biosci built a pretty different team each week. Kingofmars used his staple, which wasn't cheesy at all and used Azumarill and Mew a grand total of zero times each. Sure, he had repetitive concepts, but they weren't what you're referencing at all. I used Azumarill and Mew twice all year, and one of the weeks I did was due to me being out of town for 5 days and not having time to build. I felt the other times I used them they were put together on a pretty solid team concept. Snakes and Jeudy were the only ones who did it more than once, and both of them were alternating matches on the same team. I'm not sure if you'd classify TFC as a VGC player or Doubles player, but either way he wouldn't fit the bill. It was 1/10 slots that were the problem here. There's no reason to call out half of the field of players over one roster spot.

I'm sorry if you feel slighted because we don't invest as much time into the format as you guys do throughout the year, but what we do invest more time in prepares us for SPL well in ways you can't get by playing in Doubles tournaments, too. There's no moral law or anything here, the managers want wins and for the most part, I think they drafted pretty well on both sides - Doubles and VGC. VGC players aren't signing up for this to undermine the tournament, we like to compete just like anyone else and this is another way of doing so. I love playing the tier and seeing how it compares and contrasts to VGC, and seeing how I can apply what I've learned from playing VGC to Smogon Doubles. I like the way the format functions and has a ton more ceiling for creativity. It's a fun outlet for me, and I'm probably speaking for a couple of us who play VGC as well. It's just that none of us really want to spend time grinding the ladder since as long as we're aware of most of the format's differences (the metagame and the different mons like Kyurem-Black, Jirachi, and Shaymin-Sky are the only really notable things that are different from VGC), we're going to be able to play at a relatively high level due to having knowledge that applies to both tiers due to playing VGC.

The other major issue that I want to point out is the "circle-jerking" I mentioned before. You've got people like Tricking who get lucky for a long stretch of games and get absolutely chastised and ridiculed by the community because of it. He's not even a bad presence, from what I've seen he's a likable person and means absolutely no harm (and isn't a bad player on top of that). However, when one of "your own" gets lucky over a long stretch of games, there's absolutely no backlash and he's allowed to publicly brag about him and "Doubles players" doing well without anyone telling him that he's looking a bit silly (and then goes and tries to justify his loss against me by complaining about a critical hit publicly in a game he got outplayed in and probably wasn't winning anyways). The double standard is way too much of a problem for anyone to want to be involved in your community. It's ok to support your friends and want them to do well and beat other people, but when you're developing double standards in order to do so and alienating a lot of others in the process, it turns into a problem.

tl;dr I agree you were probably better than at least two or three players in the field at the time and proved you should have been drafted and for way more than 3k, but calling out an entire group of people due to you disliking one team's poor teambuilding is ridiculous. The Doubles community's mindset has to change. People with different backgrounds than yours are going to play your tier, you have to learn to accept that and treat them much better than you currently do.

Also want to clarify that I'm not personally upset at you, finally, you're a good dude and I still have respect for you. I just despise that mindset that people have.

Sorry for mucking up the thread with this but this has really gone on for too long.

Last edited:
Red trophy again :]

Anyway, funny thing is that at the beginning of the seasons there were two teams I didn't want to actually play for: Classiest and Cryos. The latter because Rey stole the team from Yondie, and the former because of Shake. I had never actually interacted with Shake, I obviously knew who he was and I even gave him his first SPL loss (and got him benched lol), but I had like 30 people telling me he was a piece of shit so I assumed it was true. But koko wanted me to play for him, and I have been knowing him for a while, so I agreed to be retained, and I'm glad I did. Never had any real issue with anyone in the team, Shake was actually pretty cool and supportive (aside from his "own language" gimmick [which is absolutely nothing], I couldn't see any reason why everyone was telling me he was a shit), actually enjoyed spending time the skype chat (wish we used irc tho,,,), we were all hungry as fuck for the trophy and in the end we got it.

Lots of people have been talking shit and praying for our downfall since before the tournament even begun. "Too many big egos in one team, they are going to crumble", "lol CTC and Hikari in the same team", "Lowgock can't speak in english and he got ghosted in slams", "they threat their players like shit and bullied raish" (Hilarious how a private log between friends with no real information, that was posted publicly for the sake of starting drama, was more believable in the eyes of many than the word of everyone in the team but Raish), "you are going to get tossed by reachzero", "you have no old gen players", etc. People really wanted us to fail in playoff, and now they have to deal with the fact we won the trophy.

The thing I didn't like about SPL was my performance. Early season was fairly unlucky for me and I wasn't really playing at my full potential, and then I played like a piece of shit for like 80% of my game against pearl despite the fact I predicted his strategy perfectly in the skype chat 6 days before our game, so I was really fucking upset because my worst SPL year was the year I got retained. And then the fucking semis bullshit happened, I actually prepared for my game and showed everyone the team I was planning to use (did this like twice in the entire season), I really wanted another playoff win and playing my co-leader would had been great, but got fucked over by real life and the fucking Cinderalla remake. I was certain I was getting benched in finals because of that, so I was slightly mad, but they decided to give me one more chance and in my eyes I sorta redeemed myself with that first blood win over reachzero, because I knew how important was winning the first match for my team (6-0-1 record in the weeks we won our first game g_g).

Anyway shoutouts: (keeping them simple)

-Tsunami-: Pretty cool guy, good manager and he was really positive. You always tried to motivate the team and you kept believing in me even in the weeks I literally asked you to bench me. Wish I had a better season, but at least I got that key win in finals

199 Lives: Didn't interact much with you, but you played like a fucking god against Malfoy and you record doesn't do justice to how good you actually are

Asuya:

You clinched finals, your trophy is anything but "free", you completely deserve it.

Bad Ass: You took over RU after I had a bad run there, and did well. You easily beat Tesung and Ginku, both had insane streaks in tiers you didn't really main and you donked them like nothing. Also you slayed Floppy with a team I didn't have the balls to use, so props for that.

ben gay: Great player, you might have "misplayed" a couple times, but 99% of the times you were shitting on your opps.

Blim: Basically part of the team in my eyes, you should get a trophy (you did significantly more than Whistle in SPL 3 and he got a trophy,,,). You are still the best Ubers player I have ever seen by far. Wish we had won this as Cryos last year

Braverius: You are pretty cool, you know your tier really well, and you were willing to help everyone. Lots of people were saying you were a team cancer early in the season, but you were faaaaaaaaaaaaaar from that.

chimpact: I don't hate your content, I just didn't like those particular videos :[, I even subscribed to you. Sucks that you lost OLT because I was rooting for you just because you were in my team, but at least you ended up with a trophy.

CTC: Niggas think I hated you because I banned you like 300 times on PO, I guess they don't realize I didn't / don't give a shit about anyone I banned. You played like a fucking lord, and helped so fucking much in BW and ORAS, jesus.

FLCL: Jesus fuck NU. I was like 1-30 against you in that shitass tier, this is why I don't use cased's teams. You got a bunch of important first wins for us, and it's really amazing how much better our record was when we won first game.

Jibaku: "Does this nigga still know how to play Ubers?" then we watched your game vs Hack and we knew we were fine. You are an incredibly good player, wish you were more active on skype, but not really a big deal because you were winning your games and that's all that matters

Key: We did it :] fuck pdc for haxing you in your debut,,,

kokoloko and The_Chaser: Carried both of you to another trophy, standard. 2/2 SPLs for koko + chaser + br core!!!. Also koko you were p inactive during the general season, but you did a lordly auction and that's literally the most important thing of the SPL, so if anyone wants to say you didn't deserve this, they are as retarded as lavos

KratosMana: lol fucking For The Troll, great PO user. Nah but seriously, I couldn't really give a shit about you said in finals. I would like to think I'm mature enough to not get my feelings hurt over a Pokemon tournament on the internet, and I know you were just trying to motivate me in a really odd way.

Lowgock: People saying "He literally cannot speak in english" and 5 minutes later you were talking with us on irc and skype. You played well and your teams were cool

Mr.E: "Retaining Mr.E is fucking retarded" looool. Glad you showed you are still a great player

papai noel: Ah the 3k ghosting slot!!! I had never actually interacted with you before (aside from PO tours stuff), glad I got to actually know you. Still sad because Brazil didn't win last POWC :(

Triangles: You are a great player and you made some really cool ADV teams. Some stuff didn't go your way this season, but your record doesn't really represent your skills.

blunder, FAJI, Sogeking: Bigs and Ruiners had half of the SPL playerbase helping them, we had you three. Guess we didn't need more jaja. But seriously, you were p chill (even you blunder,,,) and supported classiest when we had everyone against us, so that's cool

Raish: Nothing against you, but you really need to take some shit less seriously. You clashed with Mr.E once for some reason, and then took a skype topic as a personal attack, and afaik that's all that happened (Correct me if I'm wrong). The "send teams" part of the topic was only removed after Asuya's game, because it wasn't just directed at you, it was a general reminder for the team. We were all legitimately surprised you weren't comfortable with the team and we didn't really understand why didn't you mention anything to us before, because we would had been more than willing to sort it out. Anyway, I hope you are doing ok in rl now, and I really have no hard feelings towards you.

@ Salty people (far too many to tag them individually): stay mad

Last edited:
guess the ride's over, lord knows it's been an amazing one.

i just wanna start off by apologizing for my atrocious record, choking in nearly every single game i played in isn't really acceptable, and i honestly felt like i was draggin the team down with the games i played. hopefully i made up for it by helping the team with building and testing, but it's with this that i don't really think i wanna play another season of spl, as p much nothin can beat the experience i had this season, and i think it'll hold some sentimental value for me. who knows though

i honestly didn't think i would get bought this season, i mean i barely had made a name for myself and i was fairly new to smogon as a whole, as i had only started posting about a year ago after finally deciding to stop lurking in some threads on /vp/ circlejerking about how smogon is corrupt and all that other bullshit, and i had really taken a liking to uu since it had some of my favorite mons in it. i didnt rly think i would ever be in a tournament as huge as this one, and it really is an honor to take part in it. i'm also glad i proved some people who doubted me wrong by getting bought and helping my team make playoffs.

i really think everyone on the team put in a fuck ton of work every single week, we all helped each other test and build, and it was really a chill environment. i don't think anyone really argued over anything at all aside from optimal builds and such, which i for one really appreciate cause i hate internal drama lol. unfortunately i didn't get to know some of you guys as much as others, but i really appreciate the fact that you guys had faith in me when i didn't. i really think each and every one of us deserves the trophies considering all the hard work we put in, but hey, it's pokemon.

now that the sappy shit's done with, shoutouts time : DD

Ciele - i was honestly surprised to see that you bid on me, considering the fact that i never talked to you before this season and i didn't try out for ruiners, but i was really happy to be on a team with such a chill manager, as you've always given me and the rest of the team good advice, and i think you're a pretty big reason as to why our team was so calm most of the time since you knew how to handle pretty much any situation. i just wanna thank you and sv for trusting me in the weeks i played, would love to play for the ruiners again if i get the chance.

SilentVerse - you're definitely one of the best lower tier players i've seen on the site, i definitely had a lot of fun building with you throughout the season, as your innovations were stupidly good (really wish i had used the lord mr. mime), and i think all the work we put in paid off in the end, even though i didn't win as much as i would like to have. was really an honor learnin from the Master John, hope to see you in league soon.

PDC - god damn, how the fuck did you go for so low? definitely the mvp of our team, as you literally clutched like 4 weeks for us. you worked extremely hard this season, and it shows in your 8-1 reg season record. i really don't think we would have gotten where we are now without you, so props brother. also you have a great taste in music, thanks for showing me the infamous ;]

steelphoenix - ah, Jacqulawn. i have to say, doing so well in such a shitty metagame is definitely something to be proud of, as you definitely know how to think your moves through, and also have a really cool teambuilding style as well. you've definitely proved how good you are at this game, and you definitely proved the power rankings wrong as well lol. you also kinda got me interested in trance / dnb / whatever the fuck again after not listening to it for a while lol, let's win powc ;]

SoulWind - i don't really know much about bw, but if there's one thing i learned about it this season, it's that you're probably one of the best players in the tier. after seeing your week 1 game vs ojama, i pretty much knew that you'd be one of our best players, as you always left a good impression every time you played. unfortunately pokemon is a Wonderful game and you ended up with a 6-5 record when you should've been like 11-0. regardless, it was a pleasure playing this season with you and i hope you do well in tour, i think you'll make the playoffs given your skill in bw. also i never really said this but i think ur bleach avatars were better than mine lol o_o

Tokyo Tom - i remember me and pdc asking for you to be our last buy in midseason, and i don't think there's anyone better we could have gotten, i remember the vod chat gettin all jive as fuck when we saw that you got bid on, but i think you've definitely impressed a lot of people this season. you're also by far one of the nicest people i've met on this site, always knew how to lift our spirits up. glad to have had another ovo spawn on the team haha

finally - i dont know what ablast said to get you on the team, but it sure as hell worked. i knew you would definitely help us out a lot after seeing you win vs biosci, and going 4-1 in reg season is definitely something to be proud of, especially considering your loss was only due to a freeze. also another person with great music taste on the team, IDLSIDGO is fuckin amazin bro

dekzeh - christ man i dont think i would have used oO or o_o after nearly every sentence in the team chat if it weren't for you and hantsuki lmao. real talk though, you were one of our strongest members and you helped out a lot of us throughout the weeks (especially with your ru innovations), and you were one of the people on the team that i had looked up to before spl given your wcop success. i learned a lot learning a little bit about adv from you, hopefully you do well in the old gens tour brother.

Teddeh - another steal of the season, you definitely impressed a lot of people with your 7-2 record. you were always willing to help me and meru with ru, which makes me feel kind of bad because i don't really know much about nu, but i hope i had helped with the few tests i gave you. i'll be sure to take your advice if i'm ever on a team with you again.

idiotfrommars - HODOR. you clinched a fuck ton of games for us as well, and the ones you got lucky in were pretty fun to watch ngl, especially your game vs zach, jesus.. you also pulled through for us when tiba got banned, and helped out in a lot of tiers, so thank you for that. :] hope to see u at worlds if u go this year

Zamrock - definitely one of the most determined players ive seen, you did a fuck ton helping us throughout the season, shame you only got to play two matches as you deserved more (we have a shit ton of ou players though @_@), just don't let shit talkin niggas get to you. excited to see more from you in the future, keep up the good work.

sugarhigh - didn't get to talk with you as much as i wanted to, but it was rly fun having you around, and you performed rly well in ur game w7, so thanks for that tanay !_!

Hantsuki - 2nd part of the Trio, you pulled through in a lot of your games and you definitely knew your shit in this Amazing Tier, shame you had to get bs'd like that g3 vs anti but owell. i'll definitely remember not to use glalie ;]

reachzero - i had heard a lot about your successes in past spls pre-season and how you were a monster in dpp ou / bw uu, so i was excited to be on a team with you. although you were usually busy for the first portion of the season you helped us out a lot when you became more active and had really interesting builds. hope to see you do well in uupl brother.

Arcticblast - you have to show me how you get that rotating sig man cause that looks rly nice lol.. you helped out a lot with doubles and you were a huge part of finally's success imo, so ty for that :D

Tiba - ahh tibo.. another one of our key members, you really pulled through for us pretty much 95% of the time, it was always fun watching your games as well, especially your w1 game. its also fun watching you make people really mad lmaoo, hope to see you do well in old gens tour buddy.

august - notorious A.U.G., learned a lot about dpp from seeing you discuss your builds with the rest of the team. sucks we couldn't get you your third trophy, as you sure as hell deserve it. you also have good music taste based on ur past avis hehe

e: oh fuck I knew I forgot someone ugh sorry

Lady Bug - at the beginning of the season I wasn't actually sure if you wanted to be traded or not lol, we didn't talk a lot but you used some rly cool mons this season, which is something I can respect a lot. Thanks for hanging around :]

Annoyer - i generally understand why you were dead for most of the season since u rly wanted to play fooly and sg, but i wish you would have stuck around more. :[ regardless, hope to see u in future tournaments

Meru - gotta save the longest for last i guess. it feels like yesterday we kept findin each other on the uu ladder and i either fought ur gay stall team or ken's pink core bullshit lol, god that meta was ass. ngl i kinda miss the days where we would both shitpost in the uu room and piss off everyone, especially that bouff: bouff shit that drove me insane for like 6 months, or when superstars was around and i was gettin all jive when i got subbed in cause ken ragequitted. i think this was a good season for both of us (more so you than me i think lol), we spent a lot of time helpin each other with teams, although you had some weird shit that u would come up with (av claw...really nigga), i think overall i'm satisfied with the teams we've built aside from the w4 team where i knew it was weak to serperior and didnt do jack shit about it. you have a really wide knowledge of lower tiers overall, just dont choke like i do haha. hopefully we both do well in gslam and one of us comes out with a trophy within the next year. also ur roommates a shitsack

id also like to thank baika and Overlord Folgorio for their support throughout the season <3

---

non team shoutouts n shit

Pearl. - hey look i tagged the right one lol, honestly i don't think it's too far of a stretch to say you're the reason im even here on the first place, sorry for taking ur spot on the ruiners i guess lol @_@ but real talk thanks for helping me all these weeks and testing with me a lot, your builds are always interesting. hopefully i wont get mad at you if you don't "credit my innovation" ayyy lmfao, you definitely made a good impression this season, although i think we can both agree uu is a better tier.

Sam - lol i remember during the auction you were rly worried about not getting bought, but honestly you were one of the best deals of the season, and u rly got ur chance to shine after nas did some dumb shit lol. shame we couldnt pull thru in the finals and avenge u guys but you supported us when we needed it so i have to say thanks for that. fuck iron tail aero though

Nails - ah, king nails. definitely the master at Innovating, really appreciated your help throughout the season with testing and such, you were definitely one of our biggest assets even though you weren't a ruiner yourself.

Molk - thanks for the teambuilding help early on the season man, you need to sign up for spl next season though..

Double01 - helped out with testing as well and spent like 3 hours late at night helping me think through plays in test games, shame i fucked it up anyway lol. thnx for lettin me n pwn toss u so much in dpp tho good lord

FAJI - this niggas fuckin insane christ, glad to see a nigga come out strong at the end of the season after a rough start haha. ur a little shit for meh'ing club paradise you bastard

blunder - thnx for sendin me the drizzy albums brother. rootin for u in ost shizzy haha

dodmen - for helping me build here and there in uu and helping me out with ideas that i would eventually give to meru. shame u didnt get bought man, definitely one of the best players in the tier

even though i didnt rly talk to any of u guys much, i just wanna shoutout McMeghan CrashinBoomBang BKC Tamahome 49 Evuelf and master memer Funkasaurus for hanging out in our chan during semis / finals, really appreciate all the help you guys gave us. (hopefully i didnt forget anyone)

shoutouts to Henry G, Bedschibaer, c0mp (if youre the one who made up odd bouffer i hate you), and the rest of the Bane team for providing some good Memes. sorry i cant come to the club as often as i like but sometimes belli is unbearable. also shoutout to Magnemite Minus and whatever the group is called, it is a Nice Place and i like talking there even though i dont talk there often hue

finally, congrats to my boys on classiest for gettin the trophy, particularly -Tsunami-, KratosMana, CTC, FLCL, Hikari, Key, and any other nigguh im forgettin. despite what a lot of people think you guys deserve the trophy despite the circumstances of some of the games, and honestly i feel p bad for haxing br lol that game was bs. fun series :]

christ that took forever. anyway, this was an amazing first spl for me, and i hope everyone on the team enjoyed it as much as i did. god bless u niggas

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
got my cute new avatar and I'm gonna do shoutouts

I'm still disappointed about my performance this season (lol understatement of the year) but I still tried to do what I could (usually half-educated insight; I really need to learn singles metas better). I loved the atmosphere this year though, everyone was nice and super friendly and almost always positive.

A general (and quite likely nonsensical) message to everybody reading this, particularly those who played (for any team) and are disappointed in their performance: every loss should be a reason to improve yourself. I don't know about other people, but I know when I lose, even when it's to hax (...sometimes...) I'll always look at my own play first. I'll never lose a match, shrug, and say anything like "she played a better Politoed" or "he hit all the right Protects." It sounds selfish to say, but I'll never leave a match with the win resting on them. I'll take the loss and go back to it, figure out exactly what I did wrong, how I can improve my play in a similar situation. Even in games where it seems like they're determined by hax, there's always something I could do differently that would take away the element of chance. I lost a game a few hours ago because I thought nothing of missing a Hydro Pump against a sleeping Charizard Y, but the same Zard came back to win the game from 2% HP. I only have myself to blame for Ice Beaming it before as opposed to just throwing out the Hydro Pump.

That said, it's easy to go too far. I've done it before, and I almost always beat myself up when I lose a game I feel like I should have won. Do not do this. It'll demotivate you. It'll send you on tilt. It'll make you want to stop playing.

tl;dr every match is a chance to improve. Look at yourself before you look at anything else. But don't get too swallowed up in a loss. Let it fuel your desire to get better at the game, but don't let it bring you down.

I copy/pasted the roster from the spreadsheet because it's easy, but now I realize that means it's ordered by record. I'll mix it up a bit.

Ciele I know you said shoutouts are only for winners but this team went undefeated until the very end, we fucking deserve it. You weren't always around, but you were a big help and a great morale boost when you were. Strong manager. /me offers Ciele red pandas

SilentVerse didn't get to talk to you much, but you always had the best insight into lower tiers. It's a shame you're phasing out of Smogon, you're one of the smartest guys around.

BAIKA you're been a great help man, it sucks that I didn't get to know you more.

PDC holy fuck dude you destroyed OU lol. Real talk you're really supportive and always have amazing teams; just looking at those and watching chat probably gave me more insight into OU than a year of reading Stupidity Central (yeah everyone I lurk the OU forum, sue me).

Teddeh I'll be honest, I'll probably never understand NU. The lowest tier always has a whole bunch of stuff that works well in it but wouldn't make it into the meta by "usage," making it difficult to prepare for everything that could come out at you. And here you are fucking destroying it. Mad respect. You also had a load of enthusiasm day in and day out and were probably the best presence in chat.

steelphoenix play Doubles again man :( keep disappointing all the haters, man. Good season, cool guy in chat, don't get yourself too down over a loss (lol coming from me).

Tokyo Tom you're really good at this game but you didn't get much of a chance to show it off on the battlefield. Four games isn't enough to judge someone's worth. You were a huge help to the team and were a great chat presence to top it off. Oh, and you didn't butcher playing those Doubles teams, you did pretty well in those Seasonal matches n_n

Tiba GSC is some hardcore shit. I didn't get to talk to you as much as I would have liked, but you're really fun to be around and a damn good player.

Bouffalant I know I just mentioned it a bit ago, but it sucks to see people beating themselves up over a bad record. Good players lose; don't dwell on it. You're a great player and you know a ton about RU. Next year you'll do better for sure.

Meru I can't remember when I picked it up, but at some point several years ago I developed some serious respect for you, and now I've finally had the pleasure of getting to talk and spend the season with you. You did great in UU and then picked up RU like it was nothing, basically confirming the high school me's perception. finally's right though, you're a nerd.

dekzeh it's always a shame to see a great player announce their departure from the game. You did amazing in the ADV slot and were around to help with a bunch of other metas, and you're an amazing guy to talk to. You also helped me out with the one OU team I can actually use - even if it is a bit stall weak, +2 Mega Pinsir is pretty helpful in that regard...

SoulWind shame we couldn't hold the trophy two years in a row... Your playing this season was phenomenal, making last season look like a joke in comparison. Shame the game we play had to interrupt what probably would have been a perfect record. You didn't talk a whole lot this year (or I just missed it!) but you're a cool guy. Keep making plays.

finally

idiotfrommars probably the most flexible player on the team, picking up wherever you were needed. First Doubles win of the season and then four straight GSC wins is an impressive feat, and even if RU and RBY didn't work out quite as well it's still something to be proud of. You were also able to help with a bunch of different metas, proving once again that you were a great pickup (or maybe I'm just incompetent at singles metas?).

Hantsuki your games made me wish all formats in SPL were bo3. RBY is a crazy meta to play, especially over and over like that, but man you absolutely delivered.

august another really old dude who I've know about for ages but never really got the chance to talk to. You went through a huge number of teams this season but still played it off like it was nothing, and then went and played way better than your record might show. Don't let the 4-6 get you down, you're a great player and a great builder.

sugarhigh I feel like you had a lot of potential that we didn't get to see much of. You also weren't around a lot. You were there when we needed help with OU and even stepped in to win week 7, so props for that.

Zamrock I know your disappointment in not getting to play really, really well, man. It sucks to have to sit out

reachzero I've probably blasphemed at some point in this post so I'd like to apologize for that. Anyway, you're yet another one of the users who I remember from my earliest days on Smogon, and just like above, being on the team with you has been an awesome experience, even if you weren't around a ton. You're solid at UU and now I feel bad because I stopped writing this halfway through to write down something else and lost my train of thought.

Lady Bug I know you're a Shark at heart, but thanks for helping out when you did. Maybe next year you'll end up on the team of your dreams~

Annoyer FREE ANNOYER

Sekiam we may have sold you back, but your ghost gave us Tokyo Tom. You were also really enthusiastic, even if you weren't around much. Go win Worlds or something.

It's really late right now (literally past 4 AM lol I have to get up at 7:45 I'm dead) so I'm going to limit the non-Ruiner shoutouts to one per circle (one Doubles shoutout, etc). I might continue them later.

Laga you've gotta be first. Even after I got benched, we still spent hours testing together, and I got to see the process behind some damn good teams, even if our games ended up becoming "who could hax the other more first" and "Arctic brings random TWave against teams not prepared for TWave spam." You're easily one of my best friends here and you did a great job this season. I'm not denying that finally beating you week 6 was the most excited I've been in a while though (wish I'd been playing you instead, but 0-2 meant that wasn't happening).

makiri the Sharks got a lot of unnecessary shit this year both internally and externally, and as a former Shark I think it's all stupid. Things might get stressful, but you've got a hell of a legacy to hold you up. Just let the other teams catch up before you win a third SPL. Or don't. Also, to all of the Sharks who quit during the season: you're all terrible.

(makeup) proxy shoutout to the entire Skype group. (sun)

-Tynamo- stay short enough so I can keep using you as an armrest when I visit. Also, some brotherly advice: do your homework. See you on Friday nerd

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
- don shoutouts (purely objective ratings as voted by the public)
alphabetical order cuz i dont want u shits to think i pick favorites

Anti: damn i knew u had potential when i picked u up for battle of the squads in like round 9 of drafting, the tour in which u horrendously choked dicks vs kody after promising "i know nu bro trust me", thus undermining all faith i had in u (ur being a baril monkey further degraded said evaluation). however, u did make up for the lack of skill with the incessant pessimism during the season, which sure made me alot less unlikeable within the team chat, therefore effectively fought fire with fire by adding more cancer to the cancer pot! besides that, being present every day for help and encouragement just goes to show how tremendously impactful boredom is on teenagers. oh yea and u surprised the whole team w the breakout rby performance, that was a bonus too. overall a tier 1 teammate, valuable and helpful

Asuya: asuya man i thought u were gonna just offer tests and never be able to start, but im glad u did end up starting. i take partial credit for the win tho cuz be4 the game i tossed u on ur neck 4 games in a row and once even w a spextran scrfluke team, effectively allowing u to change ur team to the finalized version and reduced the amount of suckassery in ur plays. the final team tossed my ass on nekkk in testing and proved to be a finals caliber skkkuad. also gj w testing, scouting, organizing teams and data, and just being a helpful and tryhard teammate. tier 1

Badass: sigh this nigga managed to get dropped in 3 different tiers in 1 spl lol what a pathetic churb. alas the don's consultation invited a sense of clarity in the kid, and thats when he realized: i suck shit at ou. thats also when the administrative decision to move ass to ru occurred, the turning point of our campaign. as for the critics scrutinizing team synergy sayin that ass held a grudge over my benching his ass in wcop, all i can say is
if thats not harmony, then fuck e-harmony
another tier 1 god, actually imma move him to tier 0 cuz east

Ben Gay: b4 i played ben in oras i thought he was the lil ol churb who uses standard shit and got dunked on by riolu. however, after many a tossings being given to me via garbage like mchomp shedinja hydreigon and co i realized one thing: in oras u can have a shit team, as long as ur opp has a shit matchup. jokes aside these shitty looking churbs did come thru, even the fucking pikachu one jesus fuck. guess this guy rlly does have bigger balls than the don, i wouldnt even have brought riolu in spl cuz im a pussy (i prefer stall) tier 2 interaction w team u lone wolf bastard (and never showing ur team ideas to us, but then again id prolly tell u to use standard lati chomp so i guess thats on me) but tier 1 for raking in the Ws g

Chaser: snake faggit rooted for ruiners the whole time,,, sigh chaser ur making it hard 4 me 2 restore our friendship back in spl4 ;'{ at least u didnt actually snake which,,, wait,,,, my shit matchup in semis and finals,,, it all makes sense u backstabbin pile of kangaroo dung - tier 3 for effort, or lack thereof

Chimpact: haha good ol chimpuppet. i told shake to get chimp cuz chimp is to me what shake was to mop. when chimpacts not uploading the rare losses i have incurred by my use of fun sun vs chimp's tryhardery, hes always sarcastically complimenting me with phrases like "great idea bro", "sick team dude!", and "wow ur a gr8 friend". u sicken me u sarcastic pile of shit. well the upside to having chimp is that, u know, he is to me what shake was to mop nuff said. shoutout to ur marvelous choice of team with the help of anti's dumbass, i mean who needs a sucker resist vs xtra, not like he can only use talon bisharp lead rocks +3 haha,,, at least that display of misplays and autism will forever boost the confidence of our teammates, reassuring them that they will never be as shit as u. also shoutout that olt series in the middle of yabois spl game, i too sometimes forget that lopunny doesnt particularly counter altaria too well haha,, valiant effort nonetheless shoutout lordsquads. aside from that, u were a valuable chess piece in our collection and ur 5-1 record just goes to show that even a pawn can turn into a queen if guided by the right hands. tier 1

OU Jesus Corleone: what would the team be without you. masked by nonchalance and inactivity is the tru value u bring to the team, and that is being there by not being there (confucius 231) ur coach carter esque critique approach elevated the performance of teammates across all tiers, calling out badass' shitty fight resist less team and scolding ben gay for the choke vs jamvad for example clearly propelled them to victory in the subsequent weeks. not only that, but in the face of lucky and shit retards, all of smogon snaking with goons scoutin, and having to deal with the complexity that is the ps team building/loading system, you still managed to lose no more games than you did in spl4 while netting an overall about 15 victories via critical insight such as "u gotta hope xtra chokes and sacks sharp" and "dude papai u gotta crit him". overall i would say the most impactful member of the team because he singlehandedly brought about the shift in roster post midseason. truly the most valuable asset any team can have, which explains why he has never lost in any major smogon tournament before semifinals (spl x2, ost, wcop x2) jesus this guy truly is the ou jesus tier 0 god

Elodin: you are to yan what chimpact is to me, a baby in the cradle, a leaf on the branch. glad we picked ur ass up midseason though, having 2 twave spamming jajas to bounce ideas off of in bw is really beneficial, because nothing like suggesting "leader, how is terrak, keld, rotom, landot, rachi, lati?" or elodin agreeing with said suggestion reassures me more that last wcop was indeed a fluke. aside from that, elodin made tremendous plays in the 2 games leading to playoffs, but still had the calm and composure in the latter 2 games to comeback from deficits and do the most with luck. truly synergizes with ben gay in reflecting the other half of the ideology: in ou u can be shit, as long as ur opp has shit luck. jokes aside very well done in fulfilling the niche that we picked him up for, solid tier 1 pickup

FLCL: fooly is to classiest what he is to tagpro-- sometimes he shows up, and he kinda is just there. when hes not gettin tossed by supposedly inferior players or busy choking/missaving, hes,,,, wait actually thats all he comes into the team chat to do. other than that its tagpro x clannad for this weeaboo. when the reyrankingsfirst came out, i was surprised that case was named the top nu player. however, now im starting to believe the reyrankings are correct, except that teddeh shoulda been higher than both these chodes. tbf flcl did clutch us a few important wins, so theres that! aside from that tho fooly actually helped all the lower tiers quite a bit, and its evident that he is sitting comfortably in the chair of 3rd best nuer of smogon, well, that is assuming sg quits. jk nigga u know i would never put my oriental brethren on the spot haha,,, tier 2 performance tho (BAN ME PLEASE) those teams u used pre-midseason were worse constructed than shake's parents' abortion plan.

Hikari: niggas rlly thought just because he banned me a few times in my po days that i would hold a grudge on him. haha,,,, ofc not! that would def not compel me to snake his teams to his opponents resulting in his hideous record haha,,, why would i do that maybe he just sucks shit and got played haha,,,, very inaccessible in the season, though u had ur shit down when it came to ur own tier. ultimately though, ur undefeated playoff run will forever erase those what, 12? or so losses u had in the regular season, because whos gonna remember u losing to gods like bouffalant, pearl and co, afterall they are gods and u a mere mortal jajaboi. overall a tier 1 performance saved by that impeccable playoff record jesus fuck im jealous

Jibaku: if there was a person who insists on increasing the difficulty of the game just so he can outplay matchup, shit luck, and overcome the intentional bst gap of about 2000 between his and his opponent's teams, its gotta be my nigga jibs. i mean, who needs to use squads with broken shit like mence don xern and co made by the god of ubers himself- blimlax, when u can use dice/problems' borderline-ou-with-1-uber donsquads. those ballsy and well measured plays tho are what put u above the ubers crowd. time and time again uv been crippled in the early game and clawed ur way back into the game via pur outplayery, and i commend u as a player for ur tremendous skill. if my nigga jibs can manage to get buckets despite intentionally handicapping himself, imagine what he can do with actual ubers mons in ubers?? insane. tier 0 for the skill and tier 3 for the teamchoices

Key: only the 2nd most likeable user on the site. the most valuable use of 3k when theres no use for the 3k. encouraging words like "yea u gotta win this week guys!" and "when am i getting carried to a trophy?" have never been more uplifting. its a shame that u had to be thoroughly chokeslammed in ur debut game by the undisputed oras king pdc, his array of crits dismantled ur team faster than u did ur parents' marriage. i hope all is well in ur future endeavors being benched in tours like powc, pocl, uupl, rupl, and nupl, may the churbs continue to carry u to victory! Tier 4 w reese wood cuz useless pile

Lowgock: i was surprised when niggas claimed that ur slam run was a fluke and that u werent as good as u were made out to be. unfortunately, i was faced with the reality that that may be true after the first few games. however, u were able to contribute silently to the team behind the scenes, in the sense that shake kinda just told u to fuck off. i honestly feel that the early half season doesnt show ur potential as a player, because u played like an actual threat in slam. hopefully u get another opportunity to showcase ur tru skill in the lower tiers, i mean u r a pleasant teammate to have albeit inactive and kind of in the background. anyways free trophy right? tier 3 tho :[

Nitroo: ur record may say one thing, but i rmbr the test games we had. at first u def thought "peep this newgen (BAN ME PLEASE) he probs doesnt even know how to double switch", but my experience to always use the ineffective move in dpp caught u off guard a few. afterwards, u displayed ur actual capabilities and dropped me on my nekkk multiple times. what im trying to say is, if someone as shit as me can beat u in dpp , dont be surprised that other churbs did via matchup and luck too. all that matters is when u outplayed the shit out of top tier dppers in clutch games, we got the W. just gonna reiterate that in the same boat as jibaku, u are a tremendous player held down by matchup and luck, but then again even the don struggles to outplay both matchup AND luck, we are but mortal men afterall shoutout kendrick. tier 1 performance

MrE: "did we win yet?" yes we did old fart, u definitely cleared my preconception of u being a washed up old fuck whos gonna barely break even for us and contribute nothing beyond gsc (well the latter is tru u oldfag). however, u did come thru as the clutchest player of the team and brought home some huge wins allowing us to stay in playoff contention, so thats ur true value. well since u got so many wins and is the title holder for most wins in spl history, im gonna forego criticism on ur lack of presence beyond latenight self-convos regarding irrelevant old gen games that happened 10 hours ago and the ever repeated "did we win yet"
eat shit mre good thing we won ey tier 0 oldfuck

Triangles: though we did not interact much nor do i have much knowledge of adv, u did pull thru with some clutch wins esp the victory over that ovepriced doofus that is McMeghan (shoutout that other overpriced shit run in spl4 u goober). u def prepped abundantly for all ur opponents and bringing in valuable wins in the top 3 competitive tier when u are one of the lowest valued players is akin to steve kerr hitting that game winner in 97. tier 1 effort g

Zach: i know jack shit about doubles, nor was i sure that zach was ready to take on doubles gods like biosci, mizugodmoo, and yungjake93 for us this spl. everything changed when a related video stumbled across my youtube feed. it was some regional where zach was playing this bearded dude, and my nigga rslide flinches both mons for like 3 turns str8. unflinching at his opponent's bitchy body posture and complaints under his breath, zach looks him directly in the eyes from across the table, and ends the game with some more rockslides. that moment is when i knew, this guy doesnt give a fuck. truly the king of doubles, u brought very diverse teams and played out of ur mind in some of those games, analyzing the tier in which there are more 5050s than badass has lost them in dpp. very clutch performance, especially the dominating finals victory. tier 1 doubles jesus, tier 0 for the live event fuck-u-pay-me world class moxie

last but not least shoutout my managers without u i woulv sunk alongside hugo in the wolfpack ship,, (jk marvelous team friends better luck next yr literally) shake if u werent such an insufferable fuck of a human being maybe we wouldnt have been antagonized all season. koko u useless pile if u were half the manager that i filled in for then wed actually have a manager. also shake is there anything u CAN do besides "this loss is fine we still got this gs", "dont worry we got it next week gs", and stopping me from str8ening up some fuckups that occurred througout the season? useless donglicker i swear, get carried to ur 3rd trophy u shitpile

i would shoutout all my goons from the guild but thatd take a while, so ill just highlight a few breakout performances: pwn for coming back to have a wonderful record much like how he came back from thrown games, joey for demolishing a tier that his team didnt even have a player for (shoutout hugo nice assmanning), jamvad n pdc for tossin niggas on the side in oras in their debuts (is it ur debut starting seasons? idk), and ofc my nigga soulwind for his spectacular bw performance all tour. some of the best bw played all tour was by sw, hats off for keeping the tier alive and enjoyable.

oh yea also shoutout to blunder faji and sogeking for being the only 3 niggas to help. #loyal since day 1 niggas. soge has cleaned himself of the snake name
blunder ur time to get a trophy nigga

also a quick suck my balls to all the haters dickriding the classy hate train, they hate us cuz they anus
obligatory lil b gif after 2 years,
niggas w a brand new 2nd trophy be like

- Don Corlikeableone

Last edited:
I would give some shotouts to my niggas Ciele, PDC, idiotfrommars, Zamrock, Tokyo Tom, McMeghan (Romain !_!), BKC, CrashinBoomBang to give so many tests as I needed (I know I disturbed you guys a lot). It was a hard season to me, so many rl work, without a nice place to battle ...

Shotouts to the new niggas Meru , Bouffalant, Teddeh, steelphoenix and finally you guys are really strong and worked hard a lot all the time all the season ... if the alpharuiners were only you, the team would probably have a red trophy now.

Shotouts to Zebraiken and Oglemi to banning from SPL when I almost needed time, you dudes are awesome.

One especial shoutout to Mr.E to using a so weak team in the finals and making my life so much easy in leaving Canada. The last shoutout goes to Mizuhime to think that I am strange.

Very good game everyone and good luck in the next SPL, don't have much more to say.

EDIT

oh, how I forgot BAIKA ... love you buddy

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Mr.E will host a shoutout special because he was inspired to respond to tiba being a retarded douchenozzle mostly. Featuring: my weekly opponents, all my haters and a SPECIAL GUEST!

First off, to point and laugh at the absurd and hilarious double standard against me. I mean hey, I'm used to it by now so I don't really care but seriously fuck those guys. I beat Hill in the semis, I quietly post my victory, I get dumped on. Oh I got so lucky blah blah blah, Lavos of course at the forefront because he's still salty about Week 1 where I had my only notable luck (i.e. it made a difference) all season. By the numbers? Yeah maybe, but Conflict is the only one competent enough to agree with me that I all but had the game won from the get-go and all the luck in the world wouldn't change Hill getting run over by Sleep Talk Curselax.

also Johnflict you aren't the special guest get out, you hid from me this year in the shittiest metagame of all time (Gen 5)

I get fucking god RNGed by Tiba in the finals, he posts a million different times gloating about it as if he only won by making some amazing plays, nobody says shit about him. The only thing Jorgen took away from the game is that I instantly lost the game by leading Forretress into Zapdos (lol k) -- it definitely wasn't a clutch PAR/FP and four crits yo -- meanwhile I'm sure Lavos is snickering to himself something about cosmic justice finally being exacted.

And sure I'm washed up, or maybe I was never good in the first place. That's why I ended the season with the best record in my tier and am the one taking home the trophy (again). Stay classy, haters. YOUR TEARS ONLY SUSTAIN ME.

But I have some serious words for everyone too:
Lavos Spawn Hey man, I know I got a little lucky. I've readily admitted it everytime it comes up. That's the game sometimes. But I'm pretty sure you could have played to minimize the odds of it. Check my Week 7 game against Bomber for an example of cautious playing; I was up 6-4 on Turn 19 and dragged that shit out over 200 more turns because I wanted to secure as close to possible a 100% win instead of going for an "80%" (made-up number) by Turn 50. And come on, give me some credit for playing into a Focus Blast miss's chance of victory and seizing it.

M Dragon I don't think I'm going to stray too far from normal again, that shit was embarrassing even if it was sorta just matchup RNG between two experimental teams. The Toxic Split Missy is pretty cool.

royal flush I honestly don't have a whole lot to say to or about you bro. Oh, if you're gonna use Curse/Roar Steelix you kinda have to use Rock Slide man. Can't be getting donked by Zapdos (the week I used the doofy double screens one with only one attack), or of course Skarmory.

Tiba Better lucky than good, eh? Because I don't think you're as hot as everyone else seems to. If we're gonna grill my teambuilding, let's talk about yours. You assholes didn't even see most of my full movesets.

That shit gets run over both by Zapdos and Exeggutor. Actually, the Zapdos problem is why every team I made this season running a cleric I ended up choosing Blissey over Miltank. Either way you end up exacerbating a Fighting weakness that Snorlax innately brings to every team (and you can't not use Snorlax, man), which encourages running Zapdos to avoid getting destroyed by Machamp, which unlike Raikou definitely doesn't wall other Zapdos... Miltank exacerbates the problem. It's even worse on your team, which you claim had Drumlax so it's not even doing a particularly great job of being your sole Zapdos check.

And seriously, both mono-Lax and non-HP Marowak without Pursuit? Mono-Lax hates Ghosts and Rest Marowak gets fucking dumped by Exeggutor. I'd never say a team is required to run a Pursuit user but damn, if this isn't the team that wants one I don't know who does. And I'm rather insulted you call it a paralysis team when Miltank over Blissey is the only real decision you made in that regard: Snorlax and Zapdos are standard as all fuck. It's not like you used T-Wave Zapdos, Stun Spore Eggy, or something like Porygon2 that is really dedicated to spreading PAR.

Colchonero Sadly, hiding from your Week 9 match doesn't make you any less of SPL's first 0-9. Grats on your dubious unachievement, bro. Also have some pride in yourself and play that shit out to go for the 1-8 at least. ;/
Picollo At least I 6-0ed you in UU during All-Star Week. ;[

Bomber92 Passively laying Spikes in front of a Marowak is just asking for a bad time. Dun do that.

Veteran In Love By your play, you seem to still have a little something left in the tank but if you're just gonna use dumb shit like Piloswine and not really try, hang 'em up. I don't want wins like that not do I want my up-and-coming bros like SPECIAL GUEST Bedschibaer being deprived of the opportunity to play on the biggest stage.

Bedschdsdsfuhdsfsgfsghfdsfs I didn't forgot bro, I'm still game to play if you want. I'm available all extended Easter weekend, Thu-Sun, if you wanna throw down sometime soon.

Jorgen I didn't think you'd have the stones to bring full BP against me and I underprepared. That said, what I did bring still had "enough" tools to win (and the right ones, particularly Sleep Talk Curselax) and I simply misplayed them. Don't expect it to happen twice. And seriously, you're the only one this year that used all three BPers? :[ Maybe I'll have to rep at least Jolteon sometime next year...

And you're also the one who mentioned it when royal flush pulled the same thing against me, but I don't think Forretress into Zapdos is a misplay at all. I led Forretress expecting exactly that against Tiba and while you're worried about getting crit OHKOed, seven times more likely is Forry not taking damage at all. Also, Tiba is a "notorious Starmie lover?" He literally never used it this year until the Finals. Is he notorious on the PO ladder with it or something? ;[

But even if Thunder does hit, honestly Forry has pretty limited defensive utility anyway so I don't much care if it's hanging out at half HP. It resists Normal but it can't do anything to Snorlax anyway, to say nothing of the constant fear of dying to random Fire Blasts. It doesn't do much of anything beyond being better than Cloyster strictly at Spikes control: Rapid Spin + Explosion, Toxic immunity, beating Starmie head-to-head. The latter point is the only particular reason for Forretress to stay somewhat healthy. Even so, I still managed. I just got destroyed by the RNG, as mons sometimes goes...

I don't think it's a misplay on Tiba's part either, for the record. I feel it's a fair trade. Short of leading with a Fire move which incidentally is mostly only packed by TTar and Sleep leads anyway, the former of which it's obvious on and the latter you don't want your lead Spiker slept either, smacking it with a Zapdos Thunder is about the best you're gonna get.

Hill I hate to merely reiterate what I've said before but your team was good if you just had a better answer to Snorlax. I know Sleep Talk Curselax is the "apex predator" among Snorlax sets but it alone can't be your response to other Snorlax... especially other ST Curselax where you're just coin flipping. This one goes out to everyone: stop using stupid counterteamy garbage like Houndoom (and Tentacruel, Tiba) in GSC. :[ Or at least have a better niche/plan than "Mr.E uses Eggy a lot, better use Houndoom!"

Last edited:

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Every time I play matches against Tiba he uses Starmie a lot. He's also the player who really seems to know best how to use it, and is probably the only reason why I think it may still be worth a teamslot on some teams. But yeah, he may have branched out a bit during his SPL matches to avoid being too predictable.

The idea is that I figure a superstall like that needs a healthy Forry to switch in over and over to get Spikes up. Especially without a spinblocker. It's not about defending, it's about being able to tank things mid-long term so you can set up. A team less stally and more centered around Explosions can more afford to take that hit, however, in which case it's a legitimate tactic to play for that potential short-term advantage.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
also "Jorgen stop being an anti-IRC (BAN ME PLEASE) and start using it regularly again"

By the time I was finishing up the team I kinda rather wanted to use Cloyster in that slot, ironically in part as a better second look at Marowak, but I resolved myself to leading Forretress considering his choice of leads all season (Cloyster or an Electric) since hey free turn 1 Spikes. But seriously... One expects Marowak to break Skarm eventually but usually it's Skarm switching in on SD and eating a flinch or two, not Marowak switching into Skarm, setting up right in its face and then lolcrit so soon and suddenly.

The real "misplay" was Roaring on Zapdos but the game was already 100% over at that point so it hardly counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)