Smogon AOE Matchup

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
So I was playing a bit of AOE 2: Conquerors recently and we thought about playing a Smogon game on IRC. Loads of people were interested so I thought I'd post a topic to play a 8p.

If we get like huge loads of people we could get 4 teams of 4 play two 8p's and then decide with a final or something but thats tough.

Anyway, you need to download Hamachi from www.hamachi.cc

Press the power button and when its loaded click the triange and fill this :-

Network Name: aoe-smogon
Password: 42

Thats all you need to connect to each other.

If anyone is interested just post here or pm me!

People playing already:

Shiv
G80
Doomsday
CrabNebula
goofball (he said he wanted to but dialup so lets see!)
skarm (he was interested on irc)
MNL (he was also interested on irc)

Also, there are a few rules to make it non-gay

No Killing Villagers
It just gets crap if everyone just kills opponents villagers. Its just a delay of like 2 hours so no intentional killing of villagers. (Trust me, you can make out if its intentional or not).

No Towers
Another thing that can add a couple of hours. People can just build towers (regular or bombard) all along the map and basically stall for like 2 hours. Its just dumb and gay, so no towers except the 3-4 you already get in your base.

No Stealing Resources
This is for allies as well as enemies. If there are resources very obviously near someone, others aren't supposed to take it unless they've conquered that person. If its roughly in the center though, its fair game. If someone is taking resources just warn them and if they don't remove the villagers in 30 seconds then you are allowed to kill those villagers.

Thats it!

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
This will be cool. I already owned Shiv... so it works well!

ps Theiodamas/Byzantines

oy i am downloading it and i am posting because shiv was like HEY post in my thread so i was like hey fuck you shit HEH and he band me so i said ok and here i am
hi i wanna ply aoe

i am in, provided i can salvage an ancient version of directx that doesn't force my screen to run at an impossible resolution of 1280x960

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
dday is a noob i didnt band him. he lies to gain some pity votes please band him.

hey, I downloaded my copy already. I will, however, play a little before joining you online.

ps. It is of my opinion that we should really set up a date for all of us to play!

I played this game on and off for the best part of six years, or from its release until the MSN zone died.

Yet in all that time I played about 2-3 RM games and only a couple of dozen DM lol.

I was/(am?) the king at Castle Blood/other scenarios though lol.

Shiv

mostly harmless
We'll play a normal game. no crap. Yeah, setting a time would be best.

heh, I beat g80 1on1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)