Smeargle Studio Discord Gym Leader Project

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, recently in Smeargle Studio's Discord server, Bummer posted this image:

Upon seeing it, a bunch of us (us being some of the approved artists on the server) decided to make our own gym leaders to complement Bummer's and complete the type chart. Several of us reserved spots, which are listed below.

Reserved
Bug: Kyrads
Dark: brightobject
Dragon: BARABOY
Electric: Agithos
Fairy: FellFromtheSky
Fighting:@Koumashiki
Fire: Jackii
Flying: princessofmusic
Ghost: Reigaheres
Grass: Shaymoo
Ground: Bummer
Ice: Ssensenh
Normal: bubblymaika
Poison: aXl
Psychic: h_n_g_m_n
Rock: Cretacerus
Steel: HotFuzzBall
Water: TrainerSplash

This thread will serve as a repository for the gym leader designs we're all creating.

For the sake of featuring as many 'mons as possible, we also have a 'mon reservation index below (aces are marked in bold, shinies with an asterisk). Gym leaders can have up to 2 Pokemon not of our selected type as long as they fit thematically, and shinies are limited to 1 per team. No UBs, Mythicals, or Legendaries are allowed.

Agithos: Galvantula, Rotom-W, Eelektross , Electivire, Golem-A, Manectric-M*
aXl: Scolipede, Toxapex, Roserade, Weezing, Banette, Dragalge
Bummer: Quagsire, Onix/Steelix, Diggersby, Mamoswine, Mudsdale, Torterra
brightobject: Honchkrow, Spiritomb, Bisharp
bubblymaika: Lopunny, Chansey, Porygon2, Keckleon, Tauros*, Staraptor
BARABOY: Dragonite, Goodra, Drampa, Exeggutor-A, Flygon and Turtonator
Cretacerus: Corsola, Crustle, Cradily, Omastar, Archeops, Gigalith
FellFromtheSky: Ninetales-A, Musharna, Umbreon*, Milotic, Wigglytuff, Shiinotic, Gardevoir
h_n_g_m_n : Metagross, Alakazam, Reuniclus, Xatu, Golduck, Claydol
HotFuzzBall: Aegislash, Mawile, Bronzong, Magnezone, Scizor, Klinklang
Jackii: Ninetales, Scrafty, Houndoom-M, Marowak-M, Crobat, Delphox
Koumashiki: Medicham, Escavalier, Samurott, Blaziken, Lucario, Gallade*
Kyrads: Heracross, Armaldo, Kabutops, Drapion, Forretress, Yanmega
princessofmusic: Altaria, Togekiss, Skarmory, Chatot, Talonflame, Oricorio Pom-Pom
Reigaheres: Mismagius, Trevenant, Sableye, Jellicent, Mimikyu, Chandelure
Shaymoo: Deerling, Maractus, Azumarill, Bellossom, Whimsicott, Cherrim
Ssensenh: Froslass, Rotom-Frost, Sandslash-A, Avalugg, Lapras, Vanilluxe
TrainerSplash: Empoleon, Primarina, Dhelmise, Wishwashi, Tenacruel, Toucannon, Octillery

Last edited:

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For the sake of featuring as many 'mons as possible, pom and I have decided to create a 'mon reservation index as well. Below are the current reservations:

Bummer: Ampharos, Lanturn, Stunfisk, Eelektross, Rotom (standard), Raichu-A
brightobject: Honchkrow, Spiritomb
bubblymaika: Lopunny, Chansey, Porygon2, Keckleon, Tauros, Staraptor
FellFromtheSky: Ninetales-A, Froslass, Milotic, Wigglytuff, Shiinotic, Gardevoir
princessofmusic: Altaria, Togekiss, Skarmory, Chatot, Talonflame, Oricorio Pom-pom

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
Just gonna casually mention that that leader was not my first and if I am gonna do a personal one then I'd prefer to trade electric for any of grass, bug, rock, or ground.
Unforunately, Grass, Bug, Rock, and Ground are taken. However, and I've got to double check if this is okay with Sunfished, but perhaps you two can swap Electric and Ground?

EDIT: Sun is totally fine with you taking Ground. He actually has to drop out for now unfortunately.

What this does mean, however, is that Electric is available again!

EDIT2: Ground is reserved for you Bummer! <3

Last edited:

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
i'll take steel then

e- as for mons I'll take aegislash, mawile, bronzong, magnezone, scizor, and bisharp
I'm sorry to say that, due to an oversight on my part, it looks like Bisharp is actually reserved already. Do you have something else in mind? Metagross is already tentatively reserved by h_n_g_m_n just so you know not to pick that.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
If there are any spots left, I'd love to take Fighting ;__;
It's yours! I'm a fan of your work btw! <3

Also, please let me know what Pokemon you'd like to reserve. Something to keep in mind is that you can have up to 2 Pokemon not of our selected type as long as they fit thematically.

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
It's yours! I'm a fan of your work btw! <3

Also, please let me know what Pokemon you'd like to reserve. Something to keep in mind is that you can have up to 2 Pokemon not of our selected type as long as they fit thematically.
Thank you very much! I'd like to reserve Medicham, Samurott, Escavalier, Blaziken, Lucario, Gallade* <3

*edit: replaced Mienshao with Samurott

Last edited:
WIP team is currently Scolipede (lead), Toxapex, Roserade, Weezing, Banette, Dragalge, Poison type leader. Posting here for confirmation.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
gimme electric
i'll make mega mane my ace ;)

galvantula
rotom-w
eelektross
electivire
a-golem
mega-manectric*
Reserved for you.

And with that, all the reservations are taken. If you're interested in participating, but didn't get to participate or didn't get the type or Pokemon you wanted, then stick around for round 2.

This is also a good time to announce that we're interested in possibly doing a small, totally for fun, tournament between the 18 participants. I'm not amazing at organizing those, however. So if anyone wants to take charge...

This would be the time to confirm your Pokemon reservations:

Bug: Kyrads
Dark: brightobject
Dragon: BARABOY
Electric: Agithos
Fairy: FellFromtheSky
Fighting:@Koumashiki
Fire: Jackii
Flying: princessofmusic
Ghost: Reigaheres
Grass: Shaymoo
Ground: Bummer
Ice: Ssensenh
Normal: bubblymaika
Poison: aXl
Psychic: h_n_g_m_n
Rock: Cretacerus
Steel: HotFuzzBall
Water: TrainerSplash

Have fun creating!

Also, for hypothetical round 2, I'm interested in taking suggestions to make the project more exciting. Please post here or PM me any suggestions for themes or twists. I didn't expect this to be so popular, so thank you and have fun to all the participants!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Taking: Empoleon, Primarina, Dhelmise, Wishwashi, Tenacruel, Toucannon and Octillary. Reserved 7 Pokemon because I plan to change pokemon placements.

won't be using a-Golem, replaced him with A-Raichu... Lol

edit/p.s.
mine's done.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)