SM UU Teambuilding Compendium

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, sorry for taking a long time, but I just updated the checks compendium to follow the Viability Rankings. For now, the checks/counters themselves might need stuff added and changed, but that will most likely come a little later after the usage stats for May have dropped so I know what Pokemon we've gotten and lost. The role compendium will also undergo a little bit of a revamp/update then.

Add Smeargle to Dedicated Leads (that's basically its only niche)

Remove Tsareena from both categories (totally outclassed by multiple things)

Remove Galvantula from Dedicated Leads (Smeargle exists)

Remove Gardevoir-Mega/Weavile from everything (they just got banned)

Otherwise, solid tool!

Galvantula is still usable as a webs lead, even if it shouldn't be used as some suicide lead, considering that it can actually do damage if it gets taunted and poses a real threat to a good amount of the common anti-leads / taunt users if it's sashed, so I'd say keep it there for now.

cdbk

Banned deucer.
Time to spice up a dead thread

Add Kommo to:

• Offensive Stealth Rock Users
  • Wallbreakers
  • Fire Checks
Change:
  • Dragonium move from Clanging Scales to Outrage
  • Remove
    upload_2017-12-9_22-16-40.png
    (kommonium z)
    from the Z Crystals List
Add Serperior to:
  • Offensive Water Checks
  • Bulky Water Checks
  • Ground Checks
  • Setup Sweepers (Leaf Storm)
  • Stallbreakers / Wallbreakers
  • Normalium Z Abusers
Add Rotom Wash to:
  • Psychium Z Abusers
Add Venusaur to:
  • Setup Sweepers (Growth)
  • Poisonium Z (Sludge Bomb)
Add Alolan Sandslash to:
  • Dual Screens users (Aurora Veil)
  • Hail Abuser(s)
Add Aurorus to:
  • Dedicated Leads
  • Hail Setter(s) (Specifically for Veil)

Remove Bisharp from:

• Dark Checks
Remove Weavile from:
  • Physical / Special Dragon Checks
Remove Mega Latias from:
  • Fire Checks
  • Mixed Walls
  • Bulky and Offensive Water Checks
  • Fighting Checks
  • Ground Checks
Remove Shiftry, Victreebel and Lycanroc from:
  • Sun / Sand abusers (they're not viable)
Also, Killintime i'd like to request several features for this thread.

1. Add the tag "resource" a la OU forums style

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 10.21.12 pm.png

that tag that comes before the title of the thread, if anyone is still confused.

In my opinion, using the tag system will see a boost in viewership, as it was incredibly frustrating to find this thread, especially considering it was located in an obscure part of the underused forums page. Even when using the control + f feature, I had to still scroll down towards the depths of the Underused forums thread (like with the stash of dead threads)
This could just be me, but maybe giving it a tag to draw attention to the thread could see it a major increase in viewership and community involvement.

2. Instead of using text to categorise the 'mons listed, use sprites instead, a la Ubers Compendium Style

While the current system of listing the mons name is fine, especially when you know when you know what you're looking for, especially when utilising control + f. However, the thread isn't exactly new user friendly, nor is it easy to tell when it's outdated.

It also could provide something more to look at than just a wall of imageless text

also it'll be real nice if you could update the thread regularly

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Time to spice up a dead thread

Add Kommo to:

• Offensive Stealth Rock Users
  • Wallbreakers
  • Fire Checks
Change:
  • Dragonium move from Clanging Scales to Outrage
  • Remove View attachment 92157 (kommonium z) from the Z Crystals List
Add Serperior to:
  • Offensive Water Checks
  • Bulky Water Checks
  • Ground Checks
  • Setup Sweepers (Leaf Storm)
  • Stallbreakers / Wallbreakers
  • Normalium Z Abusers
Add Rotom Wash to:
  • Psychium Z Abusers
Add Venusaur to:
  • Setup Sweepers (Growth)
  • Poisonium Z (Sludge Bomb)
Add Alolan Sandslash to:
  • Dual Screens users (Aurora Veil)
  • Hail Abuser(s)
Add Aurorus to:
  • Dedicated Leads
  • Hail Setter(s) (Specifically for Veil)

Remove Bisharp from:

• Dark Checks
Remove Weavile from:
  • Physical / Special Dragon Checks
Remove Mega Latias from:
  • Fire Checks
  • Mixed Walls
  • Bulky and Offensive Water Checks
  • Fighting Checks
  • Ground Checks
Remove Shiftry, Victreebel and Lycanroc from:
  • Sun / Sand abusers (they're not viable)
Also, Killintime i'd like to request several features for this thread.

1. Add the tag "resource" a la OU forums style

View attachment 92159
that tag that comes before the title of the thread, if anyone is still confused.

In my opinion, using the tag system will see a boost in viewership, as it was incredibly frustrating to find this thread, especially considering it was located in an obscure part of the underused forums page. Even when using the control + f feature, I had to still scroll down towards the depths of the Underused forums thread (like with the stash of dead threads)
This could just be me, but maybe giving it a tag to draw attention to the thread could see it a major increase in viewership and community involvement.

2. Instead of using text to categorise the 'mons listed, use sprites instead, a la Ubers Compendium Style

While the current system of listing the mons name is fine, especially when you know when you know what you're looking for, especially when utilising control + f. However, the thread isn't exactly new user friendly, nor is it easy to tell when it's outdated.

It also could provide something more to look at than just a wall of imageless text

also it'll be real nice if you could update the thread regularly
Thanks for taking an interest, I am actually waiting for next tier drops for the next update as the thread was updated recently anyways, in UU we can't use the resource tag unfortunately, and finally people have actually complained against the sprites because it causes the page to load too long for them (we aren't all blessed with good internet). As for the above I will definitely be adding most of that when the tier shift comes around, we need to update the checks compendium anyways since master Eyan never has the time of day for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)