SM UU Sample Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBU

Banned deucer.
Mega Manectric VoltTurn

Hi everyone, this team was made by A Cake Wearing A Hat and I, and we designed it specifically to be as meta and anti-meta as we could possibly make it. We started with Mega Mane + Mandibuzz core (which funnily enough, are right next to each other alphabetically), which became a VoltTurn core. Mandibuzz also mainly exists because it beats Jirachi as long as you don't get flinched 6 times in a row, but, while it may not seem like it, is very rare. Choice Band Scizor puts offensive pressure on everything, and Rotom-Wash is a fire resist for Scizor and a good VoltTurn partner. Gliscor's set was chosen because we realized that this team was kind of fairly weak to stall, so we ended up going for Taunt Toxic. Originally, we had Stealth Rocks on Gliscor, so we knew we needed a new rocker, and Jirachi was our choice of Pokemon because it really synergizes with the team. It provides Healing Wish support in case Mega Mane and Scizor get low, as well as being annoying with Iron Head and clicking U-Turn to add to the VoltTurn.

The main idea with this team is you want to really pivot around, but try to get in a situation as to where Mega Mane can click Thunder Bolt, or Scizor can spam Bullet Punch. This means that Stealth Rocks are really key to have up, which in turn means Jirachi is a crucial Pokemon in most situations. The contrary is also true, that this team is weak to hazards because it pivots so much, which makes Mandibuzz a crucial Pokemon to keep as well. If you're in a stall match up, you need Gliscor to win or you'll probably lose for the most part, although Mega Manectric and Scizor can attempt at covering it.

If you're wondering about why Mega Manectric has Hidden Power Grass over Hidden Power Ice, it's to hit those pesky Water/Ground types, particularly Swampert and Quagsire. Other than that though, everything else is pretty standard. The Mandibuzz spread can be changed, and the speed isn't too important. With all of that aside, please have fun with this team!

The importable can be found here.

i can see the idea you were going for with this team. however i cannot help but see a glaring manectric weakness. not to blame you as mane 6-0s balance on its own. however u could fix that by trying gastrodon over gliscor. i'd suggest a more spdef-ish spread since your hydreigon switchin is pretty much predicting correctly which stab it is locking into.i can understand that this will make the team more stall weak. hence i'd suggest taunt>u-turn on mandibuzz and toxic>h.wish on rachi since the team has 2 offensive mons and none of them are settup sweepers.last but not least, i'd suggest changing scizor to a more bulky sd variant that will give you a potential late game win con and also a weavile answer.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Roost

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Reflect

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hey everyone, this is the team I used in the first week of majors, also one of my first builds in this new meta!
After seeing the drops, Latias-Mega immediately stood out to me as one of the biggest threats, so I decided to build a balance team around it.
So i started with CM Stored Latias-Mega, since I found it a very interesting set with many opportunities to set up against many Pokemon in the meta such as Gliscor or Rotom-W. I was unsure on the last coverage move between Surf and Ice Beam, and I decided to go with Surf since it hits neutrally Steel types like Scizor and Jirachi, and Dark types such as Weavile and Krookodile (super-effectively), also allowing me to win 1v1 against the aforementioned mons thanks to the EV spread I gave it. Continuing on the idea of a balance hazard stack team based on that Latias-Mega set, Klefki and Tentacruel quickly came to my mind as defensive backbone, which are both very interesting options as they provide both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, an useful immunity to Dragon and a cool resistence to Fighting and Fairy types like Cobalion, Infernape, Altaria-Mega and Primarina. With its spread, Klefki can take hits from both Gardevoir-Mega and Weavile, since they can't 2hko it. Gliscor is my last defensive backbone. It provides rocks, a Ground immunity and can really put a lot of pressure with Toxic. Since it's sdef Gliscor it can also 1v1 defensive Rotom-W thanks to Toxic and take an HP Ice from Manectric-Mega. Special defense EVs also allow me to handle Scarf Hydreigon better which is always nice if klefki has already taken damage. Then I decided to add Weavile for several reasons: first, Weavile really does a great job with hazards, also it provides me a priority, a Psychic immunity and it can trap many threats with Pursuit. As last mon I choose Terrakion for the great synergy it has with Latias, thanks to his ability, and also because it can be a really solid win condition with its boosting moves. It also has a great synergy with hazards.
Basically what this team does is keep high pressure on hazards, and use them to do as much damage as possible so Latias, Terrakion or Weavile can NUKE everything and win.

Huge thanks to anyone who will give this team a try, hope you like it and have a great day!

Last edited:
Thanks to changes from Amane Misa, I am confident that this team is complete, so here goes

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

I chose Jirachi as both my Rocker and also because it provides healing wish support for scenarios where MAlt or Scizor get statused. I used to run enough speed to outspeed base 80's, but 20 speed is more reliable as it lets me still outspeed Prima and the extra spdef investment helps take on Fairies such as Prima, MGarde and Lati.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 112 Def / 60 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration/Facade
- Roost
My MAlt set requires some set up to work but the set is pretty optimized I'd say. 220 speed allows me to outspeed MGarde at +1 and +1 attack is a guaranteed OHKO on it with frustration. This amount of speed also lets me outspeed anything up to 439 at +2 which includes: Haxorus at +1, MAero, MScept etc. The Def is so that with a cotton guard I can take 3 bullet punches from CB Scizor and should I be at +2 Atk already I can 2HKO with Frustration. Facade is also and option as it allows for setting up on mons like Rotom-W and being able to sweep more effectively. Obviously boosted facade will be more optimal than Frustration, I haven't calced for unboosted so please do so if unsure!

Weavile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Low Kick
- Reflect/Toxic/Knock Off

The next mon is not my idea but seen as I was pretty weak to Weavile at this point, I decided to add Pearls Fat Weavile. Explantion can be found here for why the set works;

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-creative-and-underrated-
sets.3593934/page-5#post-7511523

I Decided to go with reflect as my last move as this greatly helps MAlt when dealing with the likes of CB Scizor, and also can help my Scizor. Other options are discussed on Pearls post but I have left them slashed for those who don't wish to read but want to know of them.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD OR 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Pursuit

I used to run bulky sciz evs but with a band as it helped keep sciz alive whilst also dealing damage, however, due to recommendation I have chosen to run max hp max atk as it still provides decent bulk but capitalizes on the choice band to deal more damage than before. Max Speed can be considered also sacrificing bulk for a better speed tier.

Rotom-Wash @ Waterium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave / Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Pen-ultimately, Rotom's great typing and decent movepool not only allow it to be a decent pivot but also crucial for crippling pokemon I struggle with; predominantly steel types such as Coba, Sciz and Rachi. I personally now run double status Pump and VSwitch but pain split is nice due to lack of lefties recovery.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog / Hidden Power Fire
- Trick

Changes also included Latias over Hydreigon. Reasoning being, both are a dragon type wallbreaker with a scarf however latias can provide defog and trick support and as my team is weak to hazards both can be clutch when facing them and it also helps deal with the stall matchup.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 112 Def / 60 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration/Facade
- Roost

Weavile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Low Kick
- Reflect/Toxic/Knock Off

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD OR 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Pursuit

Rotom-Wash @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave / Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog / Hidden Power Fire
- Trick

Frustration

Yes, that's right. This team is named frustration. Frustration at the current state of the meta, and the decline of UU from gen 6 to gen 7. The metagame has become ridiculous, therefore I have included some stall elements in my team. Blissey and Alomomola check things for days. This core can be extremely frustrating to face, which means I brought a counter to my own core, as well as stall in general. This set is underused in UU, but that doesn't mean it's not effective. Watch as you stop sweepers and hazard setters in their tracks, and spread poison like a plague. Weavile is the soon to be banned flagship of the team, putting some broken goodness into the spotlight. Speaking of broken, Mega Gardevoir seconds that notion, and does what it does best. Finally, the best sweeper in UU, Double Dance terrakion, cleans with ease and/or wallbreaks. Final note: The drops of Rotom-W and Manectric trashed Flying and water types in the tier, so my previous team is more or less useless at the moment.
The Team:
Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-638880430
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-639405376

Last edited:
Frustration

Yes, that's right. This team is named frustration. Frustration at the current state of the meta, and the decline of UU from gen 6 to gen 7. The metagame has become ridiculous, therefore I have included some stall elements in my team. Blissey and Alomomola check things for days. This core can be extremely frustrating to face, which means I brought a counter to my own core, as well as stall in general. This set is underused in UU, but that doesn't mean it's not effective. Watch as you stop sweepers and hazard setters in their tracks, and spread poison like a plague. Weavile is the soon to be banned flagship of the team, putting some broken goodness into the spotlight. Speaking of broken, Mega Gardevoir seconds that notion, and does what it does best. Finally, the best sweeper in UU, Double Dance terrakion, cleans with ease and/or wallbreaks. Final note: The drops of Rotom-W and Manectric trashed Flying and water types in the tier, so my previous team is more or less useless at the moment.
The Team:
Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-638880430
I feel like your team should have some sort of hazard removal because you don’t have any switch in to M-Gardevoir when a spike or rocks go up lol. Also the team seems very weak to Volt-turn.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Alright, I know I'm gonna sound harsh and I'm sorry, but can we not get every 1200-1300 player posting their teams in the sample team threads. Many people actually use this thread to find teams to use, and a lot of these teams have questionable weaknesses, as shown by some of the replies above. If you'd like to share your team, just make an RMT in the RMT thread.
Don't be so elitist, the point of this thread is literally for anybody to post teams that they've used a fair amount and feel that they've taken as far as they can and believe are optimal. If this thread was restricted there would probably be one or two teams posted a month. What lets this thread down is the lack of an archive in the OP saving the best teams for easy viewing.

Don't be so elitist, the point of this thread is literally for anybody to post teams that they've used a fair amount and feel that they've taken as far as they can and believe are optimal. If this thread was restricted there would probably be one or two teams posted a month. What lets this thread down is the lack of an archive in the OP saving the best teams for easy viewing.
If you look through some of the teams here now, there are definitely a few exploitable weaknesses in some of them, as shown by some of the replies here where people have cast their doubts and reservations. The lack of gameplay or replays with these teams is also concerning. There's a difference between believing you have an optimal team and actually having an optimal team.

But I digress, I may be playing the devil's advocate here, but I would still recommend posting teams in the RMT thread first, which would then give you feedback on potential issues that you may have missed or not addressed. Because at this point, the difference between the UU RMT section and this thread is almost indiscernible.

Last edited:
So I used to use this thread last gen to pick up teams since I was struggling to make anything decent and I got my first team I broke 1400 with from the sample team thread. I've suggested the sample teams thread to some people over time as a resource to find a quality team. Since typically there's reasoning about why the team worked and it helps new players learn more about the teambuilding process since its better to use a solid team and actually see everything in action than it is to just read about how good or bad individual mons are. Honestly this is an easy fix, just have people post their current Elo + peak Elo and we're all good since all we really need is some context of where the person posting the team is coming from.

Balance

My second balance team. Although this one is significantly more defensive. It utilizes the infamous Scizor+Infernape core, with one major twist:Infernape dons a scarf instead of its usual band. This change was made in order to fit the significantly more offensive nature of the metagame. Infernape is the best scarf in the tier hands down,revenge killing countless threats. Due to the popularity of rotom-W and Manectric, Gastrodon earns a spot on the team. Although rather passive, using toxics on predicted switchins allows it to put in its fair share of work. Waterium Z is used to decimate pokemon that won't hesitate to attack Gastrodon,such as Weavile(in cases where klefki is dead), and ohkoes Gliscor. It also lessens knock off damage.Klefki sets up spikes, checks way too many pokemon, and provides a decent answer to Gardevoir-M. I replaced Tentacruel with Blastoise-M, as otherwise my team is too passive,and Blastoise is an excellent spinner. Finally Gliscor sets up rocks, kills stall, and is a general annoyance to all kinds of teams.
The Team:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Reflect

Gastrodon @ Waterium Z
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-641278102
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-641290825
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-641292758
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-641296620
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-642135627
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-642141954
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-642248521
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-642257601
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-642436721
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-642456359
Tournament Finals:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-644516491

Last edited:
ScizorNape:Partners in Crime

My last team was actually pretty succesful in the meta, and still is. This team is the post Weavile adaption, and is so effective I though I had to post it. I came across some players boasting about how good Sceptile M was. I tried it, and it didn't work out. However, I paired it alongside the Scizor Nape couple, and it works wonders. Why is Sceptile M so good? Well, Weavile, one of its biggest enemies, has left. Gone is the threat of ice shard, and gone is the pursuit which ohkoes Sceptile on the switch. This in tandem with how effective vol-turn is right now, turn it into an absolute monster. Switch into a volt-switch, get +1 in sp atk, and nuke walls. To make it even better, klefki can't paralyze you, so just use a +1 hp fire on the switch to 2hko. It also ohkoes Mantine with leaf storm after rocks, and switching into a dragon pulse means you don't even need rocks. I already went over the effectiveness of ScizorNape in the above post, but I can explain how they transform Sceptile from greatness, to GREATNESS. First of all, Scizor hates Manectric M and Rotom. It despises them. If you U turn when they switch in, in comes M-Sceptile, stopping their momentum in their tracks. Scizor also appreciates how Sceptile lures in mantine, and the whole team appreciates its klefki kill. Scizor also destroys one of sceptile's counters in togekiss,as well as blissey. Infernape also follows this up, softening the opponent early game alongside its teammates. Late game, Infernape cleans like no other. The defensive core utilizes Gliscor, Klefki, and starmie. I may change the starmie to a more defensive variant, but for now this one gets the job dones. Spins, BoltBeam, Analytic, and a Fire-Fighting resist. Gliscor is another wallbreaker with toxic and poison heal, meaning I essentially have 5 wallbreakers. This team is yet another highly succesful installment in the ScizorNape series.
The Team:
Gangsta (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Infernape (F) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Reflect

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-646742802
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-646746637
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-646756519
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-646815224
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-646817760
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-646822402
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-647438432
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-647457813

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Good day, everyone!

Just so everyone else knows, the UU Iron Chef project has a set of teams presented by the overall winners of each episode, shown here, with a corresponding team status whether the team can still be in use in the future metagames. Enjoy!

Speaking of which, I will be posting here my team showcase for every episode of Iron Chef which you guys could use, too! (Take note that I have added a pokepaste on the Shuffle sprites.)

EPISODE 1: FOUR SENSES
Teams must contain at least one move with at most 80% accuracy on at least three Pokemon.
This team is adapted from the SM UU beta, with Gyarados and Gengar still in this team. However, with those two Pokemon departing due to its stellar potential in the higher tiers, I ended up using Mega Beedrill and Moltres, whose characteristics are more than a welcoming presence for this team. Along with Choice Scarf Krookodile and Choice Specs Kommo-o, Mega Beedrill dishes out a flurry of attacks against the opposing team, exerting as much offensive pressure as needed before they could set up something undesirable for my team. Sylveon and Empoleon serve as one of the most sought-after defensive cores as it provides the most utility the team needs. Finally, Agility Moltres is there to make a sweep, though I have to hope Hurricanes and Fire Blasts do not miss (fortunately, there's Flyinium Z such that I wouldn't have any issues of Moltres missing moves).

This team is featured in TSR's UU Team Building Competition when Mega Beedrill was the main attraction of that said round. At the same time, Updated Kanto used this team that brought him to victory in one of the rounds in UU Majors, etching the team in the Hall of Fame.

EPISODE 2: I'M IN LOVE WITH A MONSTER
Teams must contain at least two UU Pokemon from the Monster Egg Group.
While Delphox and Toxicroak happen to be the stars of the team due to their sweeping potential, two "monsters" are featured for that episode of Iron Chef by virtue of Mega Sceptile and Swampert. Mega Sceptile and Toxicroak are added into the team so as to take advantage of almost every Bulky Water that would hamper Delphox's ability to sweep. Mega Sceptile or Scizor starts the field by dishing out damage after damage to the opposing team; Swampert and Sylveon serves as a defensive core as they provide the support those attackers needed (by virtue of Swampert's Stealth Rock and by virtue of Sylveon's Wish), and then Toxicroak, and finally Delphox will arrive in the scene and start setting up and doing most of the work from there.

I used this team in our Semifinals match against checkoutmymixedape in the Hydreigon Cup. While Delphox literally didn't do anything against his team, Mega Sceptile showed its tenacity against his team as it managed to kill all 6 of his Pokemon (with a bit of help from Toxicroak on Mega Latias). Sadly, my team lost, and that battle marks my last in that tournament. Shoutouts to Nightingales for hitting me up on the team, and to ProfessorMasterChief and i like cute things for staying strong during the course.

EPISODE 3: RUSSIAN ROULETTE
Teams must contain at least one move with at least 30% chance of inducing a secondary effect on at least four Pokemon.
This team showcases one of the strategies "only Euphonos can build" at least in this tier: Magic Room Mismagius paired with Choice Scarf Pirouette Meloetta. With that, it needs to eliminate Pokemon that are resistant (Steel and Rock) and immune (Ghost) to Meloetta's Resort; hence the addition of Krookodile and Magneton. With Scizor running rampant in the tier, Alomomola and its Eject Button is worth using such that Magneton can switch in safely and make a kill from there. Finally, Mega Beedrill is making huge waves in the tier bringing a hint of momentum the team needs.

How the team exactly works will be fully explained in an RMT article which is still in progress, so stay tuned!

EPISODE 4: TARDIGRADES
Teams must cover at least six different type immunities by virtue of its base form's typing and/or abilities.
While this team was made in the last generation, apparently, this team remained a hidden gem worth noting in this generation, though Krookodile has to replace Tyrantrum with the influx of Electric-types in the tier. Despite being an offensive team, it covers a whopping 9 out of the 11 possible type immunities, which grants it multiple switch-in opportunities and gaining momentum by virtue of Whimsicott's Stun Spore and Encore, Bronzong's Hypnosis, and Chandelure's Memento before Linoone shows up and sets up Belly Drum and consequently destroys anyone in its path.

This team makes its first appearance in the first round of UU Open (once again); however, my opponent timed out, which didn't let me show my Linoone to him.

EPISODE 5: FADED
Teams must contain at least 2 Pokemon that were OU (or in Latias's case, Uber) by the generation they were introduced and remained OU (or in Terrakion's case, became BL) until Generation 6.
Reflect Type Mega Latias is the biggest draw in this team, as it avoids getting KO'd by its usual counters such as most Steel- and Dark-types, most notably Scizor and Alolan Muk. With Ice Beam being its sole move, it has to exert pressure against Water-types Mega Latias would struggle that way; hence the addition of Dry Skin Toxicroak into the team. Also, with Latias having Calm Mind, a supporting cast is highly welcome to soften up physical attacks; Choice Band Entei with Sacred Fire and defensive Primarina with Scald came into mind. Finally, Scizor and Gliscor are there to provide a hint of momentum and utility options (Defog for the former, and Stealth Rock for the latter).

Note that in the pokepaste, Ice Beam serves as its sole move for Reflect Type Mega Latias, but it can be replaced by any different move worth using, such as Surf, Thunderbolt, or Shadow Ball. Also, I have put Rotom-Wash over Primarina as another way of exerting pressure against Water-types, but Primarina was used in order to deal with Mega Sharpedo. However, one may elect to run Rotom-Wash for such purpose (heck, it also gives the team the essence of a "faded" defensive core).

EPISODE 6: SATISFACTION
Teams must contain at least three moves that makes contact on at least three Pokemon.
This is one of the most "brainless" VoltTurn teams I have ever made, after inspiration brought by Mega Beedrill and Infernape who happen to fulfill the role of momentum bringers with their Physical moves. By virtue of U-turn giving the team the offensive pressure to Dark-types, Poisonium Z Reuniclus has finally made its mark as the set-up attacker and the win condition for the team. The remaining Pokemon are suited to bring more momentum into the table, such as Choice Specs Rotom-Mow and Gliscor, and to offer some utility moves such as Stealth Rock (from Gliscor) and Defog (from Empoleon).

While this team has some rather significant issues against Fire Pokemon (Chandelure seems intimidating) and status conditions due to the lack of cleric support, the team managed to pull off first eight victories on the Mega Latias Suspect Ladder under the name Acxiom. Also, note that Earthquake is very welcome over Dig on Gliscor especially that Dig is slapped to fulfill the quota.

Stay tuned for more team showcases by me, and it will be edited in this post!

Last edited:
Malt Balance

I really, really love balance. Balance in a tier full of chaos. This team is based around Mega-Altaria, who provides role compression the likes of which balance has never seen before. It's dragon/fairy typing is arguably the best typing in the game, letting it check countless threats, such as Sceptile M,Latias,Hydreigon,Infernape,Crawdaunt,Manectric M,Krookodile and M Blastoise lacking ice beam. Wow. Just wow. With all these threats covered, I introduce Rotom, a reliable bulky pivot, who takes on Mamoswine, a danger to my previous teams, as well as Scizor. To stack that up, I address Malt's poison weakness, with Gliscor taking on Beedrill-M, at the same time providing rocks and poisining walls. This guy actually really, really helps at whittling down the opponent, as it prevents crucial walls from blocking my offensive mons such as Hippowdon,Mantine and Latias, whom Infernape despises. Starmie can rapid spin against dangerous hazard setters such as Klefki, thanks to natural cure. It also is a half decent check to the Nido family. Reflect Type even lets it avoid being trapped by Muk-Alola. I don't really think I need to explain Scizor, you all know how this guy works. The team was practically built for him, with 4 fire resists.
The Team:
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 40 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-648456199
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-648627473
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-648625632
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-648629796
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-648807737

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

http://pokepast.es/9f7ba1396866aac9

One of my main stall teams right now. Has quite a few uncommon sets but overall still standard, hard to go wrong with Alomomola + Quagsire + Blissey.

Weaknesses include:
  • Hazard stack plus ghost type that Tentacruel loses against
  • NP Togekiss (even Klefki's Heal Block won't help after a flinch or two), which is even worse if they run niche sets like Metronome item or Flamethrower
  • Heracross, Haxorus, Crawdaunt (although the latter two aren't that bad considering it's a stall team). Heracross is a huge threat but Rocky Helmet puts it on a big timer if they do not have Healing Wish support
  • Theoretically Ground because my lack of resist but all the Ground Pokemon are beat by something easily, normally Umbreon which beats even Superpower Nidoking, a fairly common wallbreaker
  • Certain Taunt users, especially Gliscor, are horrible to face up against, as I am pretty passive even for stall

The weird sets aren't that weird, Heal Block Klefki helps against opposing stall (blocks Wish) and against key threats like Pidgeot Work Up and Togekiss. Running a lot of hazards might not be a perfect idea with no spinblocker, but I don't think it ever really hurts (although Klefki might appreciate another utility move more, not so sure).

Any input is always appreciated as teambuilding is a constant work in progress.

This is my probably my favorite win I had with this team, I am pretty sure it was a tournament game. Although I probably could have easily lost if my opponent played better with Gliscor, I like how I had just enough sheer bulk to be able to win by playing safely almost the whole game despite having a questionable matchup. 1-0 score is really representative of the closeness of the game, I could have lost at the end if they picked a fodder instead of Gliscor on the blind switchin (turn 53).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-320654

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys thought I would drop a squad that I was having some fun with lately.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 80 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

It's a pretty standard spike stack volt turn with Muk supporting Volcanion and Manectric allowing them more freedom. The defog on lati is more of a "oh shit" button but I always like having some sort of hazard control against random sticky webs or people who have outplayed me with their own stacking. You can switch the lati to z-move cm I guess, but I'm not really big on z-moves personally. The toxic on Volcanion lets you at least toxic lati if you fcked up with muk. Team is Mamoswine weak hence the magnet rise on klefki, obviously that isn't a counter so play it smart. I haven't had problems with it personally but on paper its hell. Hope this team can be of use to some of you... have fun.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Pretty straightforward offensive team that's managed to hold on with minor edits since the beginning of the Generation. Krookodile and Celebi together can smash balance, with Krook providing utility with Rocks and Knock Off. (Shoutout LilOu for the set, come back to us buddy) Crobat is a fast defogger, and also does a bit of damage with Brave Bird. Vincune is a generally annoying win condition that suddenly lost one of the most annoying checks in the world, and since the main checks to Vincune are handled by Celebi (in the case of Seismitoad and Jellicent) and Krookodile (also Jellicent but also Volcanion) it can generally have a good path to sweep if you play it right. Cobalion is a second wincon, and double dance is pretty good, and since Faeries are annoying I run SteelZ here. Scarf Lati is speed control and a minor check to Voltturn.

I'd give replays but all the ones I had got lost in that replay shuffle so I'll add some eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)