SM UU Sample Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Hogg and King UU | Co-hosted by Ark | Credits to Litra for this banner

Hello! This thread serves to be a place for successful UU teams intended to help new players get acclimated to the metagame and different playstyles. The subtle differences in each tier can make UU seem overwhelming, even to seasoned veterans of other tiers. Here, you can post your own team for archiving for new UU players to use.

Posting Guidelines
  • Give a short explanation of the role that each member of your team plays, and how the team works.
  • Provide an importable.
  • You must have some experience with your team before posting. Don’t post a team you just made on the team builder and thought looked good. Providing replays is a good way to prove that you have used your team a fair bit and that it’s viable; it will also give us an idea of how to play with the team.
  • Your team must represent the current metagame.
Samples selection will be done by co-host Ark and myself.

Last edited:
Team Archive

Spikes Stall by pokeisfun:

umby wumby (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

wishy fishy (Alomomola) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 120 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

fancy chansey (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

dingly jingly (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Heal Block
- Toxic
- Spikes

hoisin oison (Tentacruel) @ Icium Z
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

muddy buddy (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

One of my main stall teams right now. Has quite a few uncommon sets but overall still standard, hard to go wrong with Alomomola + Quagsire + Blissey.

Weaknesses include:
  • Hazard stack plus ghost type that Tentacruel loses against
  • NP Togekiss (even Klefki's Heal Block won't help after a flinch or two), which is even worse if they run niche sets like Metronome item or Flamethrower
  • Heracross, Haxorus, Crawdaunt (although the latter two aren't that bad considering it's a stall team). Heracross is a huge threat but Rocky Helmet puts it on a big timer if they do not have Healing Wish support
  • Theoretically Ground because my lack of resist but all the Ground Pokemon are beat by something easily, normally Umbreon which beats even Superpower Nidoking, a fairly common wallbreaker
  • Certain Taunt users, especially Gliscor, are horrible to face up against, as I am pretty passive even for stall

The weird sets aren't that weird, Heal Block Klefki helps against opposing stall (blocks Wish) and against key threats like Pidgeot Work Up and Togekiss. Running a lot of hazards might not be a perfect idea with no spinblocker, but I don't think it ever really hurts (although Klefki might appreciate another utility move more, not so sure).

Any input is always appreciated as teambuilding is a constant work in progress.

This is my probably my favorite win I had with this team, I am pretty sure it was a tournament game. Although I probably could have easily lost if my opponent played better with Gliscor, I like how I had just enough sheer bulk to be able to win by playing safely almost the whole game despite having a questionable matchup. 1-0 score is really representative of the closeness of the game, I could have lost at the end if they picked a fodder instead of Gliscor on the blind switchin (turn 53).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-320654

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mega Latias Balance by Renny_:

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Roost

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Reflect

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

"Hey everyone, this is the team I used in the first week of majors, also one of my first builds in this new meta!
After seeing the drops, Latias-Mega immediately stood out to me as one of the biggest threats, so I decided to build a balance team around it.
So i started with CM Stored Latias-Mega, since I found it a very interesting set with many opportunities to set up against many Pokemon in the meta such as Gliscor or Rotom-W. I was unsure on the last coverage move between Surf and Ice Beam, and I decided to go with Surf since it hits neutrally Steel types like Scizor and Jirachi, and Dark types such as Weavile and Krookodile (super-effectively), also allowing me to win 1v1 against the aforementioned mons thanks to the EV spread I gave it. Continuing on the idea of a balance hazard stack team based on that Latias-Mega set, Klefki and Tentacruel quickly came to my mind as defensive backbone, which are both very interesting options as they provide both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, an useful immunity to Dragon and a cool resistence to Fighting and Fairy types like Cobalion, Infernape, Altaria-Mega and Primarina. With its spread, Klefki can take hits from both Gardevoir-Mega and Weavile, since they can't 2hko it. Gliscor is my last defensive backbone. It provides rocks, a Ground immunity and can really put a lot of pressure with Toxic. Since it's sdef Gliscor it can also 1v1 defensive Rotom-W thanks to Toxic and take an HP Ice from Manectric-Mega. Special defense EVs also allow me to handle Scarf Hydreigon better which is always nice if klefki has already taken damage. Then I decided to add Weavile for several reasons: first, Weavile really does a great job with hazards, also it provides me a priority, a Psychic immunity and it can trap many threats with Pursuit. As last mon I choose Terrakion for the great synergy it has with Latias, thanks to his ability, and also because it can be a really solid win condition with its boosting moves. It also has a great synergy with hazards.
Basically what this team does is keep high pressure on hazards, and use them to do as much damage as possible so Latias, Terrakion or Weavile can NUKE everything and win.

Huge thanks to anyone who will give this team a try, hope you like it and have a great day!"

Alolan Ninetales offense by meepsvictory:

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Encore

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Krookodile @ Eject Button
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 240 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch
- Rain Dance

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Roost
best alolatales team ever created, i used this team on ladder when mewnium z was legal, but made some adjustments for current meta (mega swampert over mega sharpedo and latias over mew). main premise of the team is using the first three pokemon as support for the last three to potentially sweep. ninetales-alola is quite effective at setting up aurora veil for support, particularly in combination with my krook which has eject button (read more about my krook set in the creative sets thread). it's also not a deadweight in denting other pokemon to help support sweeping, given access to powerful STAB attacks and good offensive typing. magneton is good for trapping most steel-types, particularly klefki, scizor, forretress and empoleon. all of these steel-types are capable of applying pressure to prevent hawlucha and latias from sweeping (klefki can beat latias and paralyze hawlucha, scizor can potentially revenge kill with bullet punch, forretress beats hawlucha 1v1 if it has gyro ball, empoleon walls latias). krookodile as i've mentioned you can read more how if functions in my creative sets post about the set, but overall it makes setting up aurora veil and trapping steel-types a lot easier with eject button's utility, and of course, rocks and knock off support are greatly appreciated as well.

onto the sweepers: hawlucha's sweeping ability is extremely ridiculous now, especially with clefable out of the tier now. with aurora veil, a number of bulkier pokemon aren't even capable of breaking hawlucha's substitutes, and most offensive pokemon are incapable of ohkoing it, allowing hawlucha to setup swords dance and effectively sweep. at +2, acrobatics can ohko numerous offensive pokemon which do not resist flying, and high jump kick is capable of handling flying resists. the number of pokemon that can survive both of hawlucha's attacks at +2 is very limited, and a number are not capable of koing hawlucha in return, thus allowing it to setup more or 2hko. the introduction of mega swampert to the tier has also improved this team's abilities, as it is a solidly bulky pokemon, notably it can switch-in vs aerodactyl. its sweeping abilities with swift swim are also quite solid, and teams without latias, celebi, or hydreigon are quite vulnerable to water/ground coverage. i opt for power-up punch over ice punch since latias and hydreigon won't like taking +1 or +2 waterfall in the rain anyways, and they can't ko a relatively healthy swampert in return, especially if aurora veil is up. latias is still one of the best sweepers in the tier, i don't really need to say much, aurora veil just makes it more difficult to revenge kill.

Ghostium Z Raikou Balance by Aquadext:

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
Solid balance team here. It's fairly standard, except for the Z-Shadow Ball Raikou set that sees surprisingly low usage. There really isn't much to say about the team and I'm too lazy to provide a description for every member. Basically you need to play this team by adapting to your opponent, either making agressive plays and double switches with Scizor and Primarina against stallish builds, or pivoting into resisted hits with your tanky mons and making good trades against more offensive teams, until you can revenge kill stuff with AoA Mega Aerodactyl and open the way for a Raikou sweep.

Sand Doggo Offense by Amaroq:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
This is a basic sand team that I built so that I could have some practice using Stoutland before I gave its analysis a QC check. As such, it was designed to be easy to use and friendly even to players not used to using weather conditions. Hippowdon, Stoutland, and Mega Aerodactyl form the standard sand core and synergize well together. Hippowdon functions as a bulky pivot, sets up sand for Stoutland and Mega Aerodactyl, and provides residual damage in the form of Sandstorm and Stealth Rock. Stoutland weakens bulky teams and cleans up against offensive teams. Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit traps Ghost-types for Stoutland and can serve as a wincon after Stoutland and Celebi have removed or pressured into KO range bulkier Pokemon that would ordinarily wall it. I added Clefable as a sturdy Fighting-resist and a bulky wincon that wasn't bothered by residual damage from Sandstorm. Celebi serves as the obligatory Water-resist and helps provide some more offensive presence. It can also remove Scizor and other Steel-types that would give Stoutland trouble. Scizor provides some nice resistances, clears hazards with Defog, and serves as a secondary check to threats like Mega Aerodactyl, Bisharp, and Mega Sharpedo. Clefable runs Knock Off to remove items so that Pokemon that depend on Leftovers recovery and provide some general utility, but Flamethrower provides another way to remove Steel-types. To play this team, identify the wincon and use the rest of the team to get rid of the Steel-types that inhibit the wincon's ability to sweep. For example, if Stoutland is the wincon in a particular match, use Clefable to remove the items from Pokemon like Scizor or Doublade with Knock Off and Celebi to eliminate them with Hidden Power Fire.

I think this team is a suitable sample team because it's relatively straightforward to use for anyone familiar with using weather conditions and has ways of winning against every playstyle. Every Pokemon on the team provides some form of counterplay to offense, while Stoutland, Celebi, and Clefable pressure common balance stall builds. Playing against stall requires some patience, but it's a very winnable matchup if the user plays correctly with Stoutland and Clefable.

Specs Hydreigon HO by sparrow:

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect
Hyper Offence featuring Dark Spam, Dragon Spam and Steel Spam. Gliscor is the perfect suicide lead + bulky pivot for the team, Taunt prevents opposing hazards & set up, and forces switches (giving you a free U-Turn). On this team I run enough speed for +ve base 90s and below seeing as I can beat lead Krookodile 1v1 with Hydreigon. I like to run Cobalion in the front spot to feign a lead set (lol like that actually works). Cobalion has excellent synergy with m-Sharpedo and clears the path for a late game sweep. I prefer to run Fightinium Z but I have heard some good things about Steelinium Z, main reason for the former is to dish out significant damage to bulky Ground and Water types. Hydreigon is just as amazing as it was in ORAS UU, literally nothing but Blissey and Mantine enjoy switching in, and if you sense that happening you can hit U-turn. Specs Draco nukes everything and Flash Cannon lures Fairy types for M-Sharpedo and Latias. Latias is the only answer to Keldeo, look after it! CM LO also functions as a wall breaker of sorts for the team, seeing as LO Psyshock has the potential to 2HKO Unaware Clefable after Rocks. Next up I run Choice Band Scizor, very straight forward - Quick Attack and the Speed IVs being the interesting points. In this case, I prefer Quick Attack because I can do more damage than Bullet Punch to Keldeo, Raikou, etc. The Speed IVs give me a guaranteed slower U-Turn versus opposing Scizor - it comes in handy early game. Lastly, I am running Sharpedo, which received a small boon in Psychic Fangs and the Mega Pokemon Speed buff this Gen, and if all has worked accordingly to plan, you should have been able to weaken everything for an easy m-Sharpedo sweep, if not you have CB Bullet Punch in the back.

Specs Kyurem balance by eht:

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Calm Mind

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
Not sure how much longer Clef is gonna stay here, so I thought I'd post this while it still is. Generic BO I built around one of my favorite mons to use in ORAS, Specs Kyurem, while I was writing the analysis for it. Kyurem and Coba are the primary breakers, backed up by a defensive backbone of Tenta / Slowbro / Clef, with Scarf Krook tacked on the end as a revenge killer, Speed control, and a much-needed Electric check. Between its main breakers, T-Spikes on Tenta, and two CM users, one of them having Knock Off, this team is brutal against stall if played right, but can fare well in pretty much any match-up. I usually aim to win the game with Clef or Slowbro, but pretty much every mon on this team can act as a wincon, depending on the situation, and as such this team is pretty dynamic in the types of game plans you can form with it. As said before, Kyurem and Coba are the main breakers, and as such are typically what I start the game with, spamming attacks until the opponent tries to stop me. Steelium Z over Fightinium may look odd, but I've found that Corkscrew Crash is far more useful than AOP, since a Steel-type nuke is way better for wearing down shit like Prima and Celebi, two massive nuisances to this team, and CC is strong enough by itself. Tenta arguably provides the most important support on this team via T-Spikes and the ability to reliably check Clef, whom it can outspeed after a T-Wave, as well as lure the ever-annoying Krook with a fast Hydro Pump. Slowbro and Clef are the go-to wincons most of the time. but are useful throughout the entire game due to their ability to check most of the tier between one another. Krook, as I mentioned, provides a much needed Electric immunity and some Speed control, since I am extremely weak to Raikou otherwise.

Keys Balance by dodmen:

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 176 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost
Balance team with Spikes, Specs Keldeo to abuse those, and CM Slowbro which is an excellent and difficult to KO sweeper, especially with Waternium which lets it easily shrug off stuff like Bisharp. This team's pretty good against stall cause it can keep Spikes up rather easily and use Keldeo + Togekiss.

"Offense with a stallbreaker Chandelure" by King UU:

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

Krookodile @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 16 SpA / 116 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Hex
- Taunt
Soon™

PedoFlame Hyper Offense by Aquadext:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Vacuum Wave
- Dark Pulse

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk
- Extreme Speed

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Counter

pedro (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect
There isn't much to say, this team is really straightforward: you just set rocks and then proceed to throw your setup sweepers at your opponent's face until their mons get weakened enough to get cleaned by something. Azelf is my suicide lead: its aim is to set rocks and prevent the opposing mon from setting their own rocks since those really hurt Talonflame. Talonflame is the star of the team, I've seen a lot of shit talk on it about how it was bad since the Gale Wings nerf etc. but frankly it's much better than you'd think in this meta: it has decent power after a SD and with Supersonic Skystrike (SS is also pretty good with Gale Wings because it gets priority if Talon is full and it doesn't have Brave Bird's recoil so you can potentially use a strong flying prio twice), has an excellent speed tier which lets it outspeed stuff like zam swellow zydog gengar which is super useful on HO, and a useful typing to check fairies/ground/fighting/steel types. NP Toxicroak is another underrated set rn, cool special sweeper to lure stuff, check fairies and water types and revenge kill Cobalion and Sharpedo after some prior damage. CB Zydoge brings power, speed, priority and an electric immunity which is really nice on this team to have a chance against the likes of scarf Raikou. Alakazam is an autoadd (honestly I believe adding zam to any HO team will instantly make it 10x better), excellent glue mon to check a lot of threats, stop setup sweepers and cripple stuff like pedo with Thunder Wave. Finally, Pedro is my mega and an amazing cleaner, and it will very often win the game.

CM Latias BO team by Cynde:

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Brutal Swing / Bug Bite

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 172 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Defog
- Roar

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Thundurus @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying / Ice]
- Nasty Plot
so cm latias is just a really really good win condition right now and not just offensively, defensively too, as with calm minds z-move mew aint doing jack shit. but yeah without a klefki or scizor or anything it's just incredibly easy to set up and dumpster balance and bulkier teams. primarina is wallbreaker #1 that has rly good synergy with latias covering most of each others weaknesses and primarina's stupid ability to just kill everything with a free switch really goes a long way to help latias. scizor's kind of an oddity with the choice scarf set. but, it does make for some good lures as it can catch pokemon like bisharp off guard opening a door for latias. brutal swing on scizor is only for thundurus btw and the reason i have it over knock off is cuz z moves aren't exactly uncommon on it (granted doesn't kill but removing the life orb is helpful and latis a pretty good check to it anyway but this is incase of the hp ice if you don't wanna use it you can just replace it for bug bite or smth). empoleon's there to soft check latis, primarina etc set up rocks and clear them and just do general empoleon shit. w/ scizor being scarf krook adds the fire power needed to pressure defensive psychics better and normally it would be banded but this team rly doesn't want to give bisharp or thundurus free turns. thund set is just there to help pressure fatter teams and is p straight forward.

MixAbsol + BandAzu team by Bouff:

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Grass Knot / watever

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Rock Polish
was bored earlier and made a mix absol team. sucker nerf sucks so it cant sweep as well but obviously the mega speed boost makes up for that, to me at least. mix sets are cool because forre is obnoxious as fuck to absol otherwise, and doesn't have that much else i'd want it to run, aside from maybe play rough for keldeo. paired it with azu since it fucks with fat switchins like hippo, gigalith, sylveon, and also is a good keldeo check. hippo for sr since its hippo and i needed a volt immunity - last slot is flexible but i just put edge for thundy / aero / lucha and stuff like that. then used latias since i needed hazard removal and a secondary check to fightings, and it also checks grasses which is appreciated. slapped thundyi because i needed a decent zor / toge check and a secondary ground immune...you could probably run mix or twave or something like that, i just like nasty plot since its the most consistent vs balance. added cobal as a last since i have a second hydra check and cleans up vs offense or just cleans up late game in general, since i have azu and thundy to deal with its usual checks.

King UU's Balanced VoltTurn: SM Edition

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Crobat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Steel Wing
- Cross Poison
A remake of a XY UU Standard. This high-pressure volt-turn team relies on the combination of hard-hitting offensive with hazard stacking defence. In XY UU, it was considered one of the best volt-turn teams available until the departure of Victini.

The team operates on a fundamental multi-core principle. Each mon can pair up with others to form stable offensive or defensive cores, sometimes using both elements to focus on a particular playstyle. For this reason, this team is the epitome of what balanced Volt-turn should look like - it can go from zero-to-hundred-to-zero-to-hundred as you see fit. For example, here are some of the core combination that you can focus on, depending on what you're facing:
Offensive styles:
  • Victini, Raikou, and Crobat
  • Raikou, Forretress, and Crobat
  • Victini, Forretress, and Crobat

Balanced styles:
  • Victini, Swampert, and Forretress
  • Victini, Swampert, and Crobat
  • Swampert, Crobat, and Foretress
  • Raikou, Forretress, and Crobat

Defensive Styles:
  • Umbreon, Swampert, and Crobat
  • Umbreon, Swampert, and Forretress
  • Umbreon, Forretress, and Crobat
  • Forretress, Swampert and Crobat

The type of team you face will indicate the core you'll heavily rely on. This team is also heavily reliant on smart plays and occasional double switches. Read your opponent and the momentum of the battle to know what the obvious plays are, and capitalize on those moments. Always run cost-benefit analyses and always think long-term. Just because Victini can V-create something and score a KO doesn't mean it'll do anything to help your team. Be smart.

Killintime's team:

Reuniclus @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Toxic
- Recover
- Psyshock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
Thought you guys might want some killintime styled Volt-Turn to offset the large stall dump in this stupidly offensive meta. My play style is a little weird so some people have troubles using it, its more so built to make up for a lack of skill by using a combination of nukes and mixed walls with a u-turn core to propagate the team. This one is a tad bit weak to volcanion, but you can predict around it. Originally I built it with psychic conversion PZ in mind, but honestly I didn't like how it didn't do much outside of stall match ups so I honestly just put the reuni there since it kind of filled in what I needed in a win condition.
Victini fills in as a decent way to revenge gyarados at +1 while still acting as a pseudo-wallbreaker since v-create wears down its checks pretty fast. Amoongus does its job of just checking a plethora of mons such as PZ (the spread always lives +1 icebeam), keldeo, breloom, scouting for moves etc.... Hippo is the rocker with scizor backing it up as a fogger. The team functions more as a semistall than anything else once you actually try using it.

Vapo's Sand Offense team:

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Tsareena @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Trop Kick
- U-turn
- Synthesis
- Rapid Spin

Hippowdon (F) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Victini @ Expert Belt
EVs: 172 Atk / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Fire Fang

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Psychic
Relatively standard Hippo spread that lets it tank HP Ice from Raikou / Thundurus coupled with CB Stoutland. I opted for Fire Fang as coverage to KO Scizor and chunk Forretress. AoA Mega Aero with Pursuit is solid in the current meta and fits perfectly on the team, as it traps ghosts like Gengar and Chandy so Stoutland can spam its STAB and even benefits from sand with the SpDef boost. Mixed Expert Belt Victini is something I've been building with a lot recently, so I stuck it on the team, iirc the EVs let it kill most fat grounds with V-Create + GKnot. It also acts as a secondary Steel check which is nice. Added Specs Primarina because I needed a Hydreigon check, and I've been surprised at how much work it puts in, as not much can switch into its STAB combo + Psychic. Tsareena rounded the team off with spin support, Ground resist, and additional check to many common threats, mainly Breloom.

Highways' Rain Offense team:

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rain Dance
- Taunt

Tornadus @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Thundurus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
Rain teams are not hard to use, and this is a no exception. Azelf is the lead I choose because it's actually hard to pick a lead for rain and it works really well, as it can use Rain Dance if it has a free turn. Politoed is the obligatory rain setter and it's EV'ed to outspeed Adamant Bewear (super annoying Pokémon to deal if using rain). Ludicolo and Kabutops are the best rain abusers in the tier, mostly because their secondary STABs are pretty good. Specs Tornadus is the most scary thing on the team, as it can't miss Hurricane under the rain and hits hard as fuck. Last but not least, Thundurus-T helps the team against stall with Nasty Plot + Fightinium Z, and it's probably one of the best win cons in the tier.

Hogg's "Electric spam" team

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
- Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

Raikou @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald
The team is straight-forward Electric spam with Raikou and Z-Conversion Porygon-Z. Hippowdon is a great wall to a multitude of things, including opposing Raikou. With sand up, Mega Aerodactyl can switch in on Latias and Pursuit trap it, allowing Raikou and Keldeo to put in more work. Tentacruel adds Toxic Spikes support, allowing the team to wear down a multitude of walls while allowing Porygon-Z to break through Blissey more easily. Keldeo acts as a revenge killer, even taking care of threats such as +1 Salamence. Raikou is used to wear down common electric checks, and Choice Specs can be used over Expert Belt, but be wary that a lot of threats can take advantage of Raikou then and set up as it is locked into a move. Porygon-Z serves as the main win condition, as it can easily clean up weakened teams after a Z-Conversion boost. Alternatively, it can be used to break teams early to allow Raikou and Keldeo more breathing room as they clean up.

Donphantastic's Spikes Offense team:

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Tsareena @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Trop Kick
- Synthesis

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
The team itself is pretty easy to use, just use the combination of swampert and klefki to throw up hazards. Klefki is physdef with hp fire to allow it to combat forry and sciz, giving the team a good match up vs most forms of hazard control. Pert is spdef because I wanted the team to have some defensive balance, as well as it being one of the best pz checks in the game. I back them up with a phsydef tsareena to ensure that I'm able to get opposing hazards off the field, while also proving the team with an actual ground resist/ physical water check. The teams offensive core consists of Life orb encore zam, who in conjunction with spikes makes it very hard for opposing fat teams to get the ball rolling, DD Taunt Z-bounce gyara is the star of the team, usually getting up a dd after klefki/pert die or on a double setting up a dd and then taunting any defensive answers the opponent might have. Then scarf terrak rounds out the team by giving us a better match up against offense and proving a way of revenge killing opposing gyaras while also making it so stuff like Mega aero does not 6-0 after a bit of chip

Aquadext's Bulky Offense team:

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
The team is pretty straightforward and easy to use. The aim in most matchups is to weaken the enemy team with hazards and pivoting, to clear the way for an Azumarill sweep. You should always try to look for elements on the enemy team that prevent Azumarill from doing its job, and play accordingly, be it by weakening checks to put them in Azu's range or getting rid of a particular threat. Azumarill is the star of the team, being an incredibly potent sweeper with Z-Belly Drum and the win condition in most cases. Hippowdon is the rocker and a decent partner for Azumarill, being able to switch-in safely on most Electric-types, and overall being a nice check to a decent number of threats in the tier. AV Tornadus is an excellent offensive pivot that work very well with Azumarill and Hippowdon, as it is a reliable check to common Grass-types and not-too-powerful special attackers in general, and brings utility to the team with Knock Off and U-Turn. Forretress forms a nice VoltTurn core with Tornadus, and makes for a nice support Pokémon, bringing hazards control and being a reliable check to physical attackers. Serperior is a nice Water check and second win-condition that can work better against stall teams using Pokémon that carry Unaware (Quagsire mostly), which Azumarill struggles to break. Finally, Volcanion is a cool last Pokémon that check a surprising amount of threats for such an offensive 'mon (Scizor, Azumarill/Primarina, Water and Fire types in general) and can act as a lure, with Shuca Berry to surprise Ground types, Superpower to hit Blissey and HP Electric to mess with Gyarados.

You can try to use Empoleon over Forretress to check Flying types better, but this makes the team weaker to some strong physical attackers, and stall matchups significantly worse.

PlayerW17's Stall team:

Knife Life (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Chubby Fuddy (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Muddy Buddy (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Curse

Bunches of Punches (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Loaf of Growth (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shelly Kelly (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
The Stall team I posted in the UU Alpha thread returns with absolutely 0 changes, since it already covers all the dropped threats and benefits from the removal of Muk-Alola and Jirachi, both of which were extremely annoying to the team. Bisharp loses to Quagsire, Porygon-Z loses to Blissey and Hippowdon + Mandibuzz are mostly nonfactors for the team.

Weavile remains exactly the same as a strong revenge killer and potential wincon. Banded Pursuit is especially strong in trapping a stupid amount of things, including Tornadus-T / Latias / Thundurus / Mew / Gengar and many weakened pokemon in general. Being able to hard check Tornadus-T is very useful in particular, since my team has 0 switchins to this threat which is becoming more common compared to UU Alpha.

Blissey is now sporting the patented Stealth Rock + Toxic combo, instead of Heal Bell like any rational player. Stealth Rock is pretty much a core part of every stall team, and its utility in wearing down switches is invaluable. Toxic is here to not lose to Volcarona and Recover Porygon-Z, and also wears down a lot of common switchins is excellent as well. Fat stall teams are basically non existent on the ladder, so I don't think Heal Bell is as required. This thing just catch all checks special threats in general, and is nearly essential on stall.

Quagsire has Curse in order to serve as a secondary wincon, as Toxic was almost never used. Its helpful against random things like SubBU Bewear and to help wall Terrakion/BD Azu more reliably as well. Its ability to wall Continental Crush Terrakion, BD Azu and most Dragonite sets is unequaled, and basically why its on the team. An electric immunity to stop momentum from most Volt Switch users is also good to combat Volt-turn.

Scizor provides Defog and useful priority, while also giving a much better answer to Weavile, Banded Scizor and Banded Zygarde 10% (without risking toxic) in general. The Steel typing also helps with its large amount of resists and is a general check to assorted threats (e.g Sylveon).The slow U-Turn to pivot into Weavile (especially vs Gliscor and Tornadus-T) is also very useful.

Amoonguss is exactly the same, and still provides a reliable water resist (for Keldeo/Azumarill etc) and reliable grass resist (for Serperior/Breloom). Hidden Power Fire is so that Forretress and Scizor cannot come in easily.

Mega Slowbro is here to help beat Dragonite, Victini, All-Out-Pummeling Cobalion, as well as just being a catchall physical wall in general. Calm Mind provides a secondary wincon that many teams are weak to, as long as Toxic is avoided. The double Regenerator core is also quite good at creating free health and is efficient in general.

Common Threats (probably missing some): Mega Sharpedo, Alakazam, Tornadus-Therian, Scizor, random Toxic or HP Grass lures, Grass + Fire coverage.

Sacri's Offense team

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 228 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish/Defog

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
Offensive teams dominate this meta, it cannot be denied. The important amount of threats we're dealing with means that there will always be threats to any teams, which is why I thought using many priorities would be a good idea to reduce the pressure these strong threats could apply. This team is really straightforward & works just as well as you would expect it to. This team is mostly composed of offensive pokémons but all of them still provide some form of defensive utility. I picked Hippodown as the rocker simply because it is the most effective to me, I don't really mind the lack of momentum it could bring as Whirlind means nothing can actually set up on it. Latias's last move is a tossup, Defog helps vs spikes teams while Healing Wish can work really if the teams win conds get weakened. Scizor & Weavile pair pretty well as Scizor can wear down most weavile checks pretty easily and vice-versa. Keldeo is a fantastic win condition which can set up easily on many common things. Overall the 3 different priorities + hippo helps to handle common sweepers which is greatly appreciate. P-Z is pretty hard to deal with if it manages to seup which it can't do that easily, same thing applies to dragonite. If you like Primarina is too much of a threat feel free to try Poison Jab on Weavile although Pursuit is still fantastic overall

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Soak
- Gastro Acid

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 36 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 32 SpA / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald

EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Defog

My attempt at building stall in a metagame where you really shouldn't build stall... Anyway I started with THE GOD Pyukumuku because it blanket checks so many set up sweepers in the tier like Dragonite, Salamence, Volcarona, Reuniclus, Mega-Slowbro, Scizor, Cobalion, SD Terrakion, SD Gliscor, and a just a shit ton of other random set up mons. Soak allows you to toxic everything bar magic bounce Pokemon, and Gastro Acid lets you beat Gliscor, Reuniclus, and Minior. Blissey is Blissey, this ones a bit odd since i couldnt fit toxic on it, however the EVs allow it to live two Life Orb Psyshocks from Latias after rocks and still retain a good amount of special bulk. I opt for Shadow Ball to hit Gengar and make it less of a threat but toxic is a good option as well to more reliably deal with PZ and Volcarona. Phys Def Gliscor for rocks and the closest thing to a Terrakion answer not named Doublade, also dealing somewhat well with Mega Absol and is a good fighting resist in general. Amoongus was added to start the regen core and have a good answer to Serperior, with Clear Smog + Synthesis always switching in and beating it barring hax, and the 32 spatt lets me always break sub CM Keldeos sub at +2. I also went with HP Fire over Spore because i dont think i ever clicked it once before changing it and Forrey spinning for free was getting on my nerves. Alomomola was added to complete the regen core and have an answer to Taunt + status mons by repeated switching between them, and it also provides wish support in case any of the other mons cant heal themselves in a pinch. HP Electric felt necessary because even though its pretty uncommon i needed an answer to sub DD Gyarados, obviously id much prefer Toxic in this slot. The last slot has gone through some changes, starting with Decidueye which was a mistake, as it never did anything and never got defogs off. Next up was Togekiss, which i loved because it freed up a move slot on Blissey by running Heal Bell, however i was left with no normal resist or answer to NP Heal Bell Togekiss. I finally decided on fat Mega Aero and its been doing wonders, although admitidly if it had two more move slots id be much happier. Aerial Ace was decided over pursuit as NP Celebi was a threat and it still 2hkos Diggersby most of the time. Edge felt necessary for dealing with Togekiss and Taunt Talonflames, Roost was a given and Defog was half the reason I have it on the team.

In a broken unbalanced metagame like this trying to deal with everything in 6 mons is literally impossible. I straight up lose to alot of Pokemon and have trouble with a lot more, some to note: NP Thundy: can be revenged by Aero and Blissey can deal with it if you can cheese some Focus Blasts, but still an enormous threat. Diggersby: Aero is an okish check but overall this thing is way to powerful and eats children. Sub DD Roost Dragonite: Once again aero kinda sort of checks but not really, thankfully this is practically non existent. Choice Banded Terrakion: This thing hits way to fucking hard, Gliscor can just barely deal with it if it already has its orb activated, but it doesnt have fun doing it, on the plus side it has to click edge pretty much every time to threaten the team.

Theres a lot more but those are what come to mind, I did my best and im pretty happy with them team (however still open to suggestions.) heres to hoping pokeisfun is fun comes back and shows me how ass i am at this playstyle.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuualpha-509627955 VS Christo
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuualpha-509859878 VS Hogg
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuualpha-509942139 VS Aquadext

Last edited:
Nice teams! A couple of things, on the Electric Spam one, Hippo's spread is inefficient. By running 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD Impish you get the same amount of SpDef but with 9 more Defense. There might be some better variant, I dunno.

EDIT: I know Hogg knows this but in case this helps anyone else. A good example of why in cases where you don't go max/max it's better to have the positive nature on your highest stat is Defensive Starmie. Say you wanna outspeed CB Tini and everything slower (it's prolly better to run at least enough for Specs Pony, but this is just an example). If you run Bold, you need max Speed so you only get 228 Def—if 248 HP / 8 Def. With Timid, however, you can go 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe and get the same speed tier (even outspeed stuff like Rash Kou or other neutral base 115s by one point) while getting 237 Def. Free points at no cost.

On King UU's team, I doubt his ScarfBat doesn't run enough Speed for Scarf Keld (and Terrakion and Ape, to a lesser extent) since it's only 28 EVs so I doubt the drop in HP makes it that much weaker. The spread would be 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe Adamant (48 HP and 4 SpD if you're worried about Download P-Z, I guess).

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nice teams! A couple of things, on the Electric Spam one, Hippo's spread is inefficient. By running 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD Impish you get the same amount of SpDef but with 9 more Defense. There might be some better variant, I dunno.
Oh yeah, definitely do that. I haven't really optimized spreads - I just gave Hippo enough SDef to live two Hidden Powers from Specs Raikou and put the rest in Defense, and called it a day. I'll edit in that spread. Probably some other spreads that can be optimized too; I've considered creeping Tentacruel up past Jolly Diggersby, for instance (the current spread beats base 70s like Bisharp and Breloom).

Knife Life (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Curse

Bunches of Punches (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shelly Kelly (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock

The Stall team I posted in the UU Alpha thread returns with absolutely 0 changes, since it already covers all the dropped threats and benefits from the removal of Muk-Alola and Jirachi, both of which were extremely annoying to the team. Bisharp loses to Quagsire, Porygon-Z loses to Blissey and Hippowdon + Mandibuzz are mostly nonfactors for the team.

Weavile remains exactly the same as a strong revenge killer and potential wincon. Banded Pursuit is especially strong in trapping a stupid amount of things, including Tornadus-T / Latias / Thundurus / Mew / Gengar and many weakened pokemon in general. Being able to hard check Tornadus-T is very useful in particular, since my team has 0 switchins to this threat which is becoming more common compared to UU Alpha.

Blissey is now sporting the patented Stealth Rock + Toxic combo, instead of Heal Bell like any rational player. Stealth Rock is pretty much a core part of every stall team, and its utility in wearing down switches is invaluable. Toxic is here to not lose to Volcarona and Recover Porygon-Z, and also wears down a lot of common switchins is excellent as well. Fat stall teams are basically non existent on the ladder, so I don't think Heal Bell is as required. This thing just catch all checks special threats in general, and is nearly essential on stall.

Quagsire has Curse in order to serve as a secondary wincon, as Toxic was almost never used. Its helpful against random things like SubBU Bewear and to help wall Terrakion/BD Azu more reliably as well. Its ability to wall Continental Crush Terrakion, BD Azu and most Dragonite sets is unequaled, and basically why its on the team. An electric immunity to stop momentum from most Volt Switch users is also good to combat Volt-turn.

Scizor provides Defog and useful priority, while also giving a much better answer to Weavile, Banded Scizor and Banded Zygarde 10% (without risking toxic) in general. The Steel typing also helps with its large amount of resists and is a general check to assorted threats (e.g Sylveon).The slow U-Turn to pivot into Weavile (especially vs Gliscor and Tornadus-T) is also very useful.

Amoonguss is exactly the same, and still provides a reliable water resist (for Keldeo/Azumarill etc) and reliable grass resist (for Serperior/Breloom). Hidden Power Fire is so that Forretress and Scizor cannot come in easily.

Mega Slowbro is here to help beat Dragonite, Victini, All-Out-Pummeling Cobalion, as well as just being a catchall physical wall in general. Calm Mind provides a secondary wincon that many teams are weak to, as long as Toxic is avoided. The double Regenerator core is also quite good at creating free health and is efficient in general.

Common Threats (probably missing some): Mega Sharpedo, Alakazam, Tornadus-Therian, Scizor, random Toxic or HP Grass lures, Grass + Fire coverage.

This team is usually quite linear and simple, which means that I think it would be a good sample team.

Bonus: Fun replay against esteemed player pokeaim: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-513291281

Last edited:

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Power Whip

Necrozma @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Morning Sun
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 Atk / 52 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Salazzle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Crunch
I've had a few minor successes with this time and how usable it tends to be. It makes for a good offensive team, with Mega Sharpedo and Thurudus-T making fairly good late game sweepers, their Core together can force opponent to think which will be better to take out, considering it's mix of offensive and defensive capabilities.

Dhelmise works really well as a lead because it's an extremely good counter to any pokemon that sets up hazards. Anchor shot keeps them from escaping while Rapid spin constantly removes the hazards. It's fairly good check to certain pokemon like Hippowdon shuckle. I slapped on an AV mainly because it's basically my only thing that can take SpA moves fairly okay. It also works as an off-hand fairy check due to how powerful Anchor Shot is, and Mega Sharpedo can't really deal with primarina on it's own without Psychic fangs on it's moveset. Overall, great lead pokemon and it's alright defenses make it quite useful.

Necrozma works more as a defensive wall, especially consider it's ability to set up rocks. I like to think of it as Slowbro, except with less regenerate and more abuse-able defenses with Prism Armor. Again, being able to stop a sweep with Thunder Wave is very important to almost all my teams, and Necrozma does that fairly well. With Morning Sun it can actually become pretty a pretty good tank in it's own right.

Thundurus-T is perfect for this team because it utilizes not being able to be paralyzed with sweeping potential. It works amazingly well as a late game sweeper. Thunderbolt takes a big chunk out of a few pokemon, and Hidden Power Ice takes care of people like Salamence, Garchomp, etc. Focus blast is it's only reliable way to take care of bisharp and weavile, but Cobalion works as checks to those pokemon as well. Plus, the Volt Absorb is surprisingly useful to predict with due to how common Thunder Wave is and how many electric moves are sent at mega sharpedo. You may also slap Grass Knot instead of Hidden Power Ice on it to take a gander at Hippowdon and a few other pokemon.

Cobalion is actually pretty amazing on this team. It works as a fairly good physical check due to it's natural defenses and good typing. Thunder Wave is usually unpredictable and often surprises the opponent when their Mega Aerodactyl or Porygon Z gets paralyzed. It's also a fantastic switch in on Bisharp and Weavile, either paralyzing weavile, or volt switching out to predict the switch. It's pressure is perfect due to it's overall typing, and it also works as a strong hitter for fairy types, which again, don't do this team any justice. It's a perfect utility pokemon.

Salazzle was actually the last pokemon I added to this team. I was scepticle at first, considering it's lack of actual defenses, but with choice specs, this pokemon hits like a truck. It can 2HKO certain SpD walls, and can actually make use of Toxic in it's moveset to pressure anything that's switched in. It's typing also allows for a contender to certain steel types, plus it, of course, counters Fairies. Once you've been able to plow through a number of counters with this team's offensive capabilities, Salazzle can shred through most, if not, anything late game.

Lastly is Mega Sharpedo. Annoyingly enough, this pokemon has probably given me the most trouble. Thank god prankster thunder-wave can't stop him anymore. He's pretty strong, and can easily turn the game around if you don't play around him, especially if he can revenge kill on pokemon, essentially giving him +2 Speed into Strong Jaw as a mega. Waterfall and Crunch are a staple, but you could switch Ice Fang for Psychic Fangs, if you want. You'll sorta fall back on a few dragons, but Psychic fangs is actually extremely effective because it benefits from Strong Jaws, breaks screens (good bye klefki and espeon), and it has a highest BST then Crunch, which is pretty surprising. With the Ice coverage on Salazzle and Thundurus, you may be able to get away with the small switch and test it out.

Counters:
Primarina - God this pokemon is actually annoying to deal with. There's no true check to that great typing, plus it's huge offensives make it extremely strong against this team.
Azumarill - If Primarina counters this team, Azumarill definitely counters this team. I've seen a few Belly Drum sets running amok, and if given the chance, azumarill could easily sweep this whole team for the most part.

I think it'd make for a good base team to start off with and experiment on, as most of the pokemon can be interchangeable.

Replays: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-513404174 vs Twska

Last edited:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish/Defog

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Offensive teams dominate this meta, it cannot be denied. The important amount of threats we're dealing with means that there will always be threats to any teams, which is why I thought using many priorities would be a good idea to reduce the pressure these strong threats could apply. This team is really straightforward & works just as well as you would expect it to. This team is mostly composed of offensive pokémons but all of them still provide some form of defensive utility. I picked Hippodown as the rocker simply because it is the most effective to me, I don't really mind the lack of momentum it could bring as Whirlind means nothing can actually set up on it. Latias's last move is a tossup, Defog helps vs spikes teams while Healing Wish can work really if the teams win conds get weakened. Scizor & Weavile pair pretty well as Scizor can wear down most weavile checks pretty easily and vice-versa. Keldeo is a fantastic win condition which can set up easily on many common things. Overall the 3 different priorities + hippo helps to handle common sweepers which is greatly appreciate. P-Z is pretty hard to deal with if it manages to seup which it can't do that easily, same thing applies to dragonite. If you like Primarina is too much of a threat feel free to try Poison Jab on Weavile although Pursuit is still fantastic overall.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish/Defog

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Offensive teams dominate this meta, it cannot be denied. The important amount of threats we're dealing with means that there will always be threats to any teams, which is why I thought using many priorities would be a good idea to reduce the pressure these strong threats could apply. This team is really straightforward & works just as well as you would expect it to. This team is mostly composed of offensive pokémons but all of them still provide some form of defensive utility. I picked Hippodown as the rocker simply because it is the most effective to me, I don't really mind the lack of momentum it could bring as Whirlind means nothing can actually set up on it. Latias's last move is a tossup, Defog helps vs spikes teams while Healing Wish can work really if the teams win conds get weakened. Scizor & Weavile pair pretty well as Scizor can wear down most weavile checks pretty easily and vice-versa. Keldeo is a fantastic win condition which can set up easily on many common things. Overall the 3 different priorities + hippo helps to handle common sweepers which is greatly appreciate. P-Z is pretty hard to deal with if it manages to seup which it can't do that easily, same thing applies to dragonite. If you like Primarina is too much of a threat feel free to try Poison Jab on Weavile although Pursuit is still fantastic overall.
is Hippo supposed to have sand force or did you just mean to put sand stream

This is a team I've laddered with throughout the early stages UU Beta meta with good success. It's actually a team that King UU posted, but I changed some sets to fit more my playstyle and I figure others can use it too. I think it's a good example of a quality team for the current metagame. It's powerful and pretty fast yet also has a bit of bulk and some quality resistances to fall back on. It's a team with a bunch of wall breakers and the goal is to wear down teams until something can set up and win. Against more offensive teams, bulk and priority come in handy. It's not a perfect team, but it generally holds it's own against every type of team.

Weakness Policy DD Dragonite is a huge threat if you can keep the marvel scale intact and bait the SE move. Choice Band Victini blows things back and really opens up holes while still being pretty bulky and fast. Z-Belly Drum Azumarill is one of the biggest threats in the tier imo, and when it works it's amazing! Forretress is a great support Pokemon providing Hazards and Hazard control. Toxic is really useful on it for things like Iron defense + Calm Mind Necrozma and Mega Slowbro. SD + Rock Polish Lum Berry Terrakion is probably the least consistent Pokemon on the team, but it's speed and stall breaking ability are really useful along with the fire resist. And Finally AV Serperior, probably the most consistent Pokemon on the team. Odd set but the free bulk of AV allows Serperior to take on things like Specs Raikou and other spA threats with ease and potentially snowball through a team thanks to Contrary. I prefer Mirror Coat over Giga Drain as it comes in handy for the surprise and can again help open up holes but it's totally up to the user.

Here are some replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-512049548 Z-Belly Drum Azumarill sweep
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-511762270 Highlights most of the team well
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuualpha-511093601 Serperior sweep in 6 turns
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuualpha-510762451 Against Stall

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 SpA / 88 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Mirror Coat / Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
My only addition would be to slash in Rockium Z over Lum Berry for Terrakion. From your replays, it seems like the thing missing from Terrakion was the consistent power to back up how easy it gets boosts vs. a majority of the meta (tanks unboosted Slowbro), and it let's you do things like this, which makes things a lot easier for Dragonite:

+2 252 Atk Terrakion Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 394-465 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Forretress @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic

A stall team I put together after today's bans and ended at rank ~16 on ladder with, I could probably push for top 10 but not many 1300+ players are online at the moment so it would take forever

The meta is currently very offensive and as such building a successful stall team is a matter of finding the right checks and counters while also finding room for hazards, removal of the opponents hazards and a wish/aromatherapy cleric if possible.
Tornadus-Therian makes a very strong lead / pivot as it can outspeed and taunt most of the common rocker leads such as Azelf and Gliscor while also being an excellent stallbreaker and all around attacker.
Both Blissey and Forretress carry rocks as in most games one of them will have a hard time reliably switching in to setup rocks after a defog / rapid spin
Amoongus primary purpose is to serve as a secondary special wall to remove threats Blissey cannot deal with such as Keldeo or Serperior but is also very useful as a pivot as its bulk and regenerator ability makes it a fairly safe switch in to most things.
Alomomola is the physical wall I mostly end up switching into as it has better physical bulk than Quagsire and its regenerator ability allows it to take hits without needing a way to recover HP constantly, additionally it serves the role of wish support to heal up damaged walls such as Forretress or Blissey.
I feel like Quagsire is heavily underrated in the current meta, even on non-stall teams as most teams are using Bisharp or Scizor with Swords Dance which Quagsire makes a non-issue

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-515260300
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-515300822
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-515264523
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-515207778

Last edited:
Here's a team I've had some success with, and that I believe is worthy of being a sample. I'll add the team to the OP anyway, but 'might as well make a post for the likes.

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

The team is pretty straightforward and easy to use. The aim in most matchups is to weaken the enemy team with hazards and pivoting, to clear the way for an Azumarill sweep. You should always try to look for elements on the enemy team that prevent Azumarill from doing its job, and play accordingly, be it by weakening checks to put them in Azu's range or getting rid of a particular threat. Azumarill is the star of the team, being an incredibly potent sweeper with Z-Belly Drum and the win condition in most cases. Hippowdon is the rocker and a decent partner for Azumarill, being able to switch-in safely on most Electric-types, and overall being a nice check to a decent number of threats in the tier. AV Tornadus is an excellent offensive pivot that work very well with Azumarill and Hippowdon, as it is a reliable check to common Grass-types and not-too-powerful special attackers in general, and brings utility to the team with Knock Off and U-Turn. Forretress forms a nice VoltTurn core with Tornadus, and makes for a nice support Pokémon, bringing hazards control and being a reliable check to physical attackers. Serperior is a nice Water check and second win-condition that can work better against stall teams using Pokémon that carry Unaware (Quagsire mostly), which Azumarill struggles to break. Finally, Volcanion is a cool last Pokémon that check a surprising amount of threats for such an offensive 'mon (Scizor, Azumarill/Primarina, Water and Fire types in general) and can act as a lure, with Shuca Berry to surprise Ground types, Superpower to hit Blissey and HP Electric to mess with Gyarados.

You can try to use Empoleon over Forretress to check Flying types better, but this makes the team weaker to some strong physical attackers, and stall matchups significantly worse.

Last edited:

Wingy Thingy (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 186 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Ice Fang
- Roost
- Earthquake

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Curse

Steely Wheely (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Wishy Fishy (Alomomola) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Weavile ban trashed my previous stall team, so I altered the sets and pokemon to still hold up against most threats, although I feel the result is significantly worse than the previous iteration of the team where Weavile was able to pull wins out out of thin air.

Gliscor is now here as a bona fide Gengar switchin, counter to Gliscor (unless they're faster than mine and carrying Ice Fang too), Cobalion counter, Mew counter (if Toxic Orb is pre-activated) and wincon against other fat teams. The spread speedcreeps stallbreaker Mew and other Gliscor while retaining bulk. Ice Fang lets my Gliscor destroy all other Gliscor and has decent neutral coverage with Earthquake. Taunt shuts down set up and fat mons like Forretress and Hippowdon.

Quagsire still walls SD Terrakion, BD Azu, SD Scizor and SD Bisharp while beating most Volt Switch, although Hidden Power Grass is an amazingly annoying set that people use on the ladder. Without Salamence / Dragonite Quagsire is less amazing, but still fulfills its role on the team well and is a nice wincon. Curse lets you wall a lot of stuff better, notably Scizor, Conkeldurr and Z-Move spam.

Forretress > Scizor since U-Turn into Weavile no longer exists, while the most pertinent threat in Weavile that Scizor's access to Roost handled better is no longer in the tier. Alomomola also provides Wish support which Forretress greatly appreciates. Forretress provides Spikes to chip down switches, and Rapid Spin to remove hazards without relieving my own hazard pressure, although certain ghost types (namely Doublade) can spinblock Forretress easily. Toxic wears down stuff that switches in as well as the things that Forretress is meant to wall (notably SD Decidueye is handled better by Forretress). Gyro Ball for an attacking move to chip stuff in general, although its usually not even used. No Volt Switch because Ground's block you anyway and without Pursuit momentum is pretty useless for stall most of the time.

Amoonguss...I'd like to point out that AV Amoonguss is hot garbage (which is why I'm no longer using it). I'm using it because I've forgone both Shadow Ball on Blissey and Pursuit on Aerodactyl, so in order to not lose to Gengar I'm utilising AV Amoonguss as my answer instead. Foul Play does ~50 to Gengar as adequate damage, and is situationally useful for random things that try to set up. Amoonguss still handles stuff like Keldeo / Serperior very well, while Alomomola has taken over the role of the Banded Azumarill scouter. HP Fire punishes Forretress and provides good chip against Scizor. Spore threatens stuff that would otherwise come in with impunity like Tornadus-Therian.

Alomomola replaces Mega Slowbro due to the loss of the mega slot, as well as the fact that big threats that Mega Bro answered such as Dragonite / Salamence / Kyurem-Black are all gone. With Alomomola comes Wish support, U-Turn punisher (pertinent for Banded Scizor in particular), and notably an answer for Mega Sharpedo that didnt exist on my previous team. I prefer Toxic to wear down things that don't mind Scald without the burn such as Sharpedo, but Knock Off was also used for a while to annoy things that like their item such as Forretress.

An alternate version of the team uses Pursuit > Stealth Rock on Aerodactyl, Stealth Rock > Heal Bell on Blissey and standard Spore Amoonguss. This version is a bit weaker to Gengar and weaker to random Toxic / fat builds, but has access to Spore on Amoonguss to cripple things that would otherwise switch in with impunity like Tornadus-Therian, and the opportunity to set up rocks on things that Aerodactly cannot (notably Starmie and Blastoise). Aerodactyl does not carry a strong Pursuit in comparison to Weavile, but can still trap frail things like Gengar.

14/1 EDIT: The alternate version of the team is much better when not facing fat teams. Importable and description has been altered.
Round 3 Quickban Edit: Aerodactyl is now no longer needed to beat Tornadus-Therian or Diggersby, so I'm now using Gliscor in its place. The team is now a bit weaker to NP Togekiss, Analytic Psyshock Starmie and CM Latias, but I think it is worth it.

Common Threats:
Forretress is amazingly annoying and can punish switches with spikes. My own Forretress can somewhat answer, but dislikes taking repeated Volt Switch chip.
Cobalion: With Slowbro goes my Z-Move Cobalion counter, although in a 1v1 CurseQuag will win barring crits.
Gliscor: This mon is still stupidly annoying to kill, especially sets with Toxic or Taunt, or even both.
Diggersby: Broken breaker, trashes my team since Aerodactyl is barely an answer.

Gyarados: Skystrike is annoying to play around, but Quagsire sets up a Curse and hard walls, or Alomomola can bait the Skystrike with a Protect. SubDD is similarly infuriating but can be somewhat handled with Amoonguss / Alomomola / Quagsire.
Mew: NP Mew autowins against the team as well as Taunt Mew.

Last edited:
Prior to Scolipede's ban, I've been messing around with Dual Screens Hyper Offense for some time and happily went 17-3 on the ladder during my test run of the team under the user "SGB Screens" (I then went on a losing streak after the Scolipede ban when I tried finding a replacement).

(Zydog)

Zygarde-10% @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab

Azelf @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab
- Outrage
- Earthquake

The premise of the team is pretty straightforward: set up screens, use set up moves, and hit the opponent as hard as possible to get a chance to sweep. As we've seen with Z-Conversion Porygon-Z, even a +1 in Defense or Special Defense makes the Pokemon really hard to take down with neutral attacks. Most of the team plays on typing synergy between the members. Regardless of whether screens are up or not, defensive typing synergy usually allows for the incoming Pokemon to have a chance to set-up after the one that just fainted (i.e. Lucario + Slurpuff in XY).

Since this team found its safe zone in a Dragon-Water/Fairy-Steel core, The core of Lucario, Azumarill, and Zygarde does a good job at Balance, Bulky Offense, and some variants of Hyper Offense/Offense. Scolipede allowed for the team to deal with Fairy-types under screens. Furthermore, Scolipede is just an incredibly stupid offensive Pokemon (hence why it was banned). Haxorus puts hard stops to stall teams that run Unaware Pokemon (Quagsire, Pyukumuku) with Mold Breaker.

The only reason I use Azelf versus something like Klefki or Cresselia is that it compresses Hazards and Screens onto one set (Taunt to stop other incoming hazards is cool too). If I were to run with other Screen setters that don't have Stealth Rock, then I'm pressed to squeeze SR onto one of my offensive sweepers.

I follow Psychotic's rule for Dual Screens when it comes to picking Pokemon for Dual Screens: only use Pokemon that can boost both its offensive and speed stats or can boost its offensive stat and has a Priority move. Thus, you can have three different options:
1) Two boosting moves on one set (SD + Rock Polish Terrakion)
2) One boosting move that boosts two stats at one time (Any Dragon Dancer)
3) One boosting move with Priority (BD Azumarill)

This also justifies my choice for Azelf as the premier Dual Screens setter (after Deoxys-S). There are very few Pokemon that can actually have room to fit Rocks on their set. An example of this type of Pokemon would be Shell Smash Crustle, but even then, Crustle greatly benefits from extra coverage that could be in the place of Stealth Rock.

This is my first legitimate post of SuMo, so I hope you enjoy this team.

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor
After the dnite/mence ban I decided to build around the next best DD'er in the game, gyarados. This team was the result of that

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Tsareena @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Trop Kick
- Synthesis

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

The team itself is pretty easy to use, just use the combination of swampert and klefki to throw up hazards. Klefki is physdef with hp fire to allow it to combat forry and sciz, giving the team a good match up vs most forms of hazard control. Pert is spdef because I wanted the team to have some defensive balance, as well as it being one of the best pz checks in the game. I back them up with a phsydef tsareena to ensure that I'm able to get opposing hazards off the field, while also proving the team with an actual ground resist/ physical water check. The teams offensive core consists of Life orb encore zam, who in conjunction with spikes makes it very hard for opposing fat teams to get the ball rolling, DD Taunt Z-bounce gyara is the star of the team, usually getting up a dd after klefki/pert die or on a double setting up a dd and then taunting any defensive answers the opponent might have. Then scarf terrak rounds out the team by giving us a better match up against offense and proving a way of revenge killing opposing gyaras while also making it so stuff like Mega aero does not 6-0 after a bit of chip

Last edited:

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Zygarde-10% @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Last edited:

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thought you guys might want some killintime styled Volt-Turn to offset the large stall dump in this stupidly offensive meta. My play style is a little weird so some people have troubles using it, its more so built to make up for a lack of skill by using a combination of nukes and mixed walls with a u-turn core to propagate the team. This one is a tad bit weak to volcanion, but you can predict around it. Originally I built it with psychic conversion PZ in mind, but honestly I didn't like how it didn't do much outside of stall match ups so I honestly just put the reuni there since it kind of filled in what I needed in a win condition.

Victini fills in as a decent way to revenge gyarados at +1 while still acting as a pseudo-wallbreaker since v-create wears down its checks pretty fast. Amoongus does its job of just checking a plethora of mons such as PZ (the spread always lives +1 icebeam), keldeo, breloom, scouting for moves etc.... Hippo is the rocker with scizor backing it up as a fogger. The team functions more as a semistall than anything else once you actually try using it.
Reuniclus @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Toxic
- Recover
- Psyshock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt

This is a sample rain team that I built to ladder.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rain Dance
- Taunt

Tornadus @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Thundurus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

Rain teams are not hard to use, and this is a no exception. Azelf is the lead I choose because it's actually hard to pick a lead for rain and it works really well, as it can use Rain Dance if it has a free turn. Politoed is the obligatory rain setter and it's EV'ed to outspeed Adamant Bewear (super annoying Pokémon to deal if using rain). Ludicolo and Kabutops are the best rain abusers in the tier, mostly because their secondary STABs are pretty good. Specs Tornadus is the most scary thing on the team, as it can't miss Hurricane under the rain and hits hard as fuck. Last but not least, Thundurus-T helps the team against stall with Nasty Plot + Fightinium Z, and it's probably one of the best win cons in the tier.

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With Hippowdon back in the tier, I figured I'd try out Sand Offense, and I've found it to be pretty effective right now, especially considering how common HO is on the ladder.

Relatively standard Hippo spread that lets it tank HP Ice from Raikou / Thundurus coupled with CB Stoutland. I opted for Fire Fang as coverage to KO Scizor and chunk Forretress. AoA Mega Aero with Pursuit is solid in the current meta and fits perfectly on the team, as it traps ghosts like Gengar and Chandy so Stoutland can spam its STAB and even benefits from sand with the SpDef boost. Mixed Expert Belt Victini is something I've been building with a lot recently, so I stuck it on the team, iirc the EVs let it kill most fat grounds with V-Create + GKnot. It also acts as a secondary Steel check which is nice. Added Specs Primarina because I needed a Hydreigon check, and I've been surprised at how much work it puts in, as not much can switch into its STAB combo + Psychic. Tsareena rounded the team off with spin support, Ground resist, and additional check to many common threats, mainly Breloom.
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Tsareena @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Trop Kick
- U-turn
- Synthesis
- Rapid Spin

Hippowdon (F) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Victini @ Expert Belt
EVs: 172 Atk / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Fire Fang

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thought you might want an HO so...

Already made RMT'd this team (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-absolute-darkspam-3-and-21-brainless-ho.3592847/), but why not post it here too.

I made this team at the start of the UU ladder but it's still working really great. It really appreciated the latest bans. It peaked #21 on the older ladder (https://i.gyazo.com/2199f5c3eb5d2763f4b56a1a88c5cc3b.jpg) and #3 on the current ladder https://i.gyazo.com/a90ddf050289ade4f5dfd232a21d6ec9.png).

The team is explained in more details on the RMT itself, but I will just make up a quick explanation of the sets.

Not much to say here, just a pure Hyper Offense. Azelf is arguably the best suicide lead for HO teams right now. Its main job is to prevent rocks on your side, set-up rocks on the opponent's side and explode. Mega Absol, Mienshao, Haxorus and Bisharp are a 4-mon core - they weaken each other's counters, giving one an easier time sweeping, depends on the matchup. Starmie is the spinner of choice and a really strong wallbreaker.

In short, simply a brainless HO.

There are some variations of the team with different movesets (more details in the RMT itself), I will just provide an importable with the version I always use.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Taunt
- Explosion

Haxorus @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Some replays against top-rated players:

vs. King UU: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-523940946
vs. Eagleheart: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-524261217
vs. CBU: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-516543443

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Brutal Swing / Bug Bite

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 172 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Defog
- Roar

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Thundurus @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying / Ice]
- Nasty Plot

so cm latias is just a really really good win condition right now and not just offensively, defensively too, as with calm minds z-move mew aint doing jack shit. but yeah without a klefki or scizor or anything it's just incredibly easy to set up and dumpster balance and bulkier teams. primarina is wallbreaker #1 that has rly good synergy with latias covering most of each others weaknesses and primarina's stupid ability to just kill everything with a free switch really goes a long way to help latias. scizor's kind of an oddity with the choice scarf set. but, it does make for some good lures as it can catch pokemon like bisharp off guard opening a door for latias. brutal swing on scizor is only for thundurus btw and the reason i have it over knock off is cuz z moves aren't exactly uncommon on it (if you don't wanna use it you can just replace it for bug bite or smth). empoleon's there to soft check latis, primarina etc set up rocks and clear them and just do general empoleon shit. w/ scizor being scarf krook adds the fire power needed to pressure defensive psychics better and normally it would be banded but this team rly doesn't want to give bisharp or thundurus free turns. thund set is just there to help pressure fatter teams and is p straight forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)