SM Underused Ladder Tournament 2017 - Won by Kushalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Christo. vs CBU - Christo is out for revenge from last year's UU Majors, although i doubt he'll prepare much for his games. christo will get 2 or 3 solid semi-stall / balance builds built for him and win with them just because he's the better player.
Pearl vs Finding True Love - don't know who this other guy is although i saw all the wrackers don't really like him. i like his confidence though 'the only reason im not in SPL is because there aint no UU slot for me' is not something you hear every random say. Pearl's been playing a lot of uu though and i dont see him losing this game, unless Finding True Love gets into his head.
Bushtush vs Sacri'- hard to say tbh. bushtush has impressed me as far as playing goes, he's definitely stepped up from being a random mono kiddo. sacri's not bad though, i enjoyed his series vs accel although if bushtush gets some help with teambuilding he can probs counterstyle sacri's usual stuff hard enough to get a good match-up and go from there.
Kushalos vs Arifeen - stef is one of the most creative sm uu builders from what i've seen and i really like his versatility when it comes to team structures. if mr ujinigro brings a set-up sweeper that can set up on a -2 kyurem though its GG

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Let's try predictions again. Hopefully I get more of the results right this time.

Christo vs. CBU: CBU had a good win last round, but Christo has much more tournament experience and has consistently performed at a higher level. If Christo takes the match seriously and prepares and executes accordingly, he should win. If CBU tryhards and Christo phones it in, CBU has a decent chance of winning.

Pearl vs. Finding True Love: Finding True Love pulled off a victory against a strong opponent last round, but it's hard to predict against someone with Pearl's accomplishments. Pearl's builds are more creative and effective and he executes at a higher level. Pearl should take this set without much trouble.

Bushtush vs. Sacri': Highlight match of the round, in my opinion. Bushtush and Sacri' both played well against quality opponents last round. I think that Sacri' has an edge due to his greater experience building and playing SUMO UU, but Bushtush has strong fundamentals and could certainly take the match if he plays to his strengths. I anticipate a close set.

Kushalos vs. Arifeen: Both players are good, but Kushalos has more experience building in SUMO UU and should have the edge as a result. Arifeen also has a solid chance of winning if he doesn't spam stall again and brings good teams.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
just posting to say that I did respect the bet.
here are some predictions so this post isn't completely useless
Arifeen vs Kushalos, both are very competent. Kushalos has a slight edge because he builds his own teams, could really go either way.
CBU vs Christo, Christo is the superior player here so he should take it
FTL vs Pearl, better builder and player although FTL has recently surprised me in a good way
nvm, it just looks weird now lol

Last edited:
upload_2017-3-15_16-32-38.png

Arifeen vs Kushalos
Kushalos builds better imo, but Arifeen plays really well too. This is def being the closes series.

CBU vs Christo.
Christo is better as a player and as a teambuilder, so yeah, I'm giving him the edge.

Finding True Love vs Pearl
Pearl is an awesome teambuilder and cute as fuck n_n

lost in 3 ggs. I will get back into the UU scene soon as SPL is ending as well as gaining more free time IRL. CBU used to be a meme that brought beedrill stall and thought encore could happen for 4 turns, but he has improved a lot as a battler. As long as you cut the BS and try to be less cringey with the DTA stuff I think you will gain the respect that you want in the UU tour scene. Look forward to see your improvement, see you guys in UUPL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)