Metagame SM Ubers Sets Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Mewtwo Psych Up works, because on this metagame with sash u are exposed to Hazzards ( Who set up without hazzards) and u are exposed to priority like Extreme Speed or Sucker Punch, the idea isn't bad and its old, to be honest there's a spread that make mewtwo survive moonblast after SR but priority its a danger and u cant only solve that problem with Tapu Lele cuz terrains can get nullified.
Yes, this Mewtwo requires hazard support. But what is gonna nullify psychic terrain in ubers? Tapu koko is the only other real tapu in Ubers and is all the way down in B, and really doesn't see a whole lot of usage. EV'ing mewtwo to live a +2 moonblast requires a 252hp/252+spd, literally the opposite of a mon that fits on an offensive team. Also, lots of modern HO sets up without getting hazards immediately; set-up-and-go offense seems pretty common on the top end of ladder. This is what my set was made for.
Anyways, it does work, I used psysash HO to ~1600 on the old ubers ladder before the reset.

Darkrai @ Firium Z
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Incinerate

Here's a bit of trivia most people don't seem to know - Darkrai actually gets a Fire move! The bad news, it's Incinerate. The good news is Darkrai can combine it with a Z-Crystal to actually get some use out of it, and at +2 it will completely destroy Magearna and Klefki, two mons that are otherwise big pains for Darkrai to deal with, and other Steels such as Celesteela and Mega Scizor will also crumple if you need it. While it's less good at sweeping overall than the Darkinium set, the lure potential of Incinerate can be useful for specific partners such as CM Arc and Xerneas.
I'll be curious and ask why not Fightinium Z if that's why you want a different Z-Crystal. +2 All-Out Pummeling from Focus Blast can OHKO all the Pokemon you mentioned after SR (Magearna and Celesteela need some damage, though) as well as having a similar chance of OHKOing Blissey, having the chance to OHKO Groudon and dealing good damage to physically defensive Kyogre as a bonus.

Unless there's something that my lack of Ubers experience means I'm missing on...

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'll be curious and ask why not Fightinium Z if that's why you want a different Z-Crystal. +2 All-Out Pummeling from Focus Blast OHKOes all the Pokemon you mentioned (Magearna and Celesteela have a laughably small chance to survive when fully specially defensive, though) as well as having a similar chance of OHKOing Blissey, as well as OHKOing Groudon and having a good shot at OHKOing physically defensive Kyogre as a bonus. All of this without taking hazards into account BTW.

Unless there's something that my lack of Ubers experience means I'm missing on...
Not at all, this is actually a good point and I can't believe I didn't see it earlier. I used Firium because I like having the guaranteed OHKO on Magearna (it gets Pain Split) but Fightnium's extra damage on stuff like Chansey (+4 OHKOes) and Arceus-Dark may actually make it better overall, and it frees up a slot for Sludge Bomb. Good catch!

Lugia @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aeroblast
- Earth Power/Roost
- Ice Beam/Roost

So Shrang brought this set up on the previous page, and I wanted to give it a shot for myself. Needless to say, it was actually really fun and it did a surprising amount of work. Normally, CM Lugia is a pretty terrible set, but if there's any way to "viably" run it, an offensive Flyinium-Z set would be the way to go about it. Even so, this is by no means the best sweeper around or even the best Lugia set out there, but it has a pretty big surprise factor to it considering the unexpected damage output this thing can potentially do with Z-Aeroblast with just 1 CM boost. I'm sure you could probably use a similar set with Lunala + Ghostium-Z with a lot more success, but Lugia has the benefits of being faster and a lot bulkier, finding more room for set-up opportunities than Lunala.

This set, surprisingly enough, works well on Hyper Offense teams (who would have known?) This, by no means, should be your main sweeper. Lugia's role is to punch a surprising hole in to something with a boosted Supersonic Skystrike so that another sweeper on the team, such as Ekiller or Double-Dance Primal Groudon, can have a much better time sweeping later, although this set CAN sweep if conditions are just right for it. This is made possible with Lugia's Multiscale giving it plenty of set up opportunities as well as an excellent speed tier of 110 allowing it to outpace many relevant threats in the meta, even with a neutral nature.

Admittedly, like I said, it's not the best set out there and it's rather gimmicky. It requires extensive amounts of support, such as needing the removal of Lunala, Mega Gengar and Yveltal to properly sweep (you CAN beat the latter two if you're already set up and still have Multiscale intact, but that's situational at best. D-Bond Gar will destroy you even if you're set up and Sucker Punch from Yveltal will do a ton and even knock you out if you've been weakened enough) as well as needing hazard removal to keep Stealth Rocks from breaking Multiscale. Also, it needs to set up a CM to break anything in this tier as its special attack is borderline pathetic un-boosted, but it's not terribly hard to get a Calm Mind up with Lugia as long as Multiscale remains active.

Flyinium-Z, Calm Mind and Aeroblast are what make this set, and the next two moves are up to you. Shrang's set had the choice between Earth Power and/or Psyshock on it, but I prefer the choice between Ice Beam and/or Earth Power, as with Ice Beam, you're still able to play Lugia's role as a check to Mega Salamence and Rayquaza without having to use up your SS, which is great when using Ekiller and Pdon on your team as your sweepers. Earth Power is there to hit Steel mons like Magearna and Solgaleo harder as well as hurting Primal Groudon a pretty fair amount. You can also use Roost to continuously find more set up opportunities at the cost of coverage. Max-max in SpA and Spe with a Modest nature are necessary to squeeze as much offensive presence out of Lugia as possible. Lugia's speed tier is actually quite nice, even with Modest, capable of outpacing +Speed Rayquaza, the Primals, Modest Palkia and most Xerneas and Yveltal sets.

While a lot of the following calcs aren't OHKOs by any means, they still put a huge dent in to whatever Supersonic Skystrike is hitting.

+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 382-451 (97.2 - 114.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 382-451 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 289-342 (71.5 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 249-294 (61.6 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 322-379 (72.5 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 382-451 (84.3 - 99.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 321-378 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lunala: 355-418 (85.5 - 100.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (against non-Scarf; otherwise, don't risk it)
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Palkia: 322-379 (100.3 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 411-484 (104.3 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lucario: 336-396 (119.5 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-531002285 (ignore the ending. While I still won, I forgot to put PB on my Pdon lmao, but this replay shows how well Ice Beam works on this set)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-530545980 (an outright sweep from Lugia, starting at turn 21)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-530508996 (Lugia manages to break Lunala as well as dispose of Deoxys-Attack so my Primal Groudon can win the game at the end)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-530637384 (while this was a bix haxy with Thunder misses from GeoXern, it shows how much a set-up Z-Aeroblast Lugia can start snow-balling if it remains alive)

Last edited:
I dont think Mewtwo Psych Up works, because on this metagame with sash u are exposed to Hazzards ( Who set up without hazzards) and u are exposed to priority like Extreme Speed or Sucker Punch, the idea isn't bad and its old, to be honest there's a spread that make mewtwo survive moonblast after SR but priority its a danger and u cant only solve that problem with Tapu Lele cuz terrains can get nullified.
1. That spread is a fully invested specially defensive set; +2 184+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mewtwo: 334-394 (80.2 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
2. Mewtwo gets recover, allowing it to play mind games with yveltel and stall out sucker punch.
3. Psychic terrain is nice, but even without it Psych Up mewtwo is actually pretty splashable if you have a defogger at all. I've actually ran it without terrain with a modest nature
4. Extreme Speed knocks it dead unless you can psych up at full heath

+2 252+ SpA Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 424-501 (93.5 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 387-456 (85.4 - 100.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Can we please stop that shitty talkin about psych up mewtwo that straight up garbage, lucky someone it's worked right for him once that all, if you wanna be dope with something similar in front of xern go for arceus poison and even dont think that a 100% tech.

overdose

formerly charizardfan49

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute

This is a cool tech that dismantles all the chansey/blissey + a-muk teams that are running around. You're able to trap and kill a-muk along with common support arceus formes that you otherwise wouldn't be able to (darkceus and waterceus). Steels such as magearna, ferrothorn, and celesteela are also trapped and removed due to the great utility of reflect type.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher

So, here's a balanced set from a smogon and competitive pokemon noob that I just dreamed up that seemed worthy of a post.

Zygarde Complete Form:

Ability: Power Construct
Ivs: Irrelevant, Zygarde can't breed.
Evs: 252 ATK / 92 SPD / 126 HP / 40 SP.DEF
Gentle Nature
-Bulldoze
-Substitute
-Thousand Arrows
-Haze / Glare

So, what you, reader, are probably thinking, is: "Why is this noob telling me to dump all my EVs evenly, when I could just dump it all into atk and spd or def and sp def and choose between a sweeper or wall?"
The reason, dear reader, is because this set is designed to be just tanky enough to wall out sweepers, just fast enough to outspeed non scarf sweepers, (Especially if you utilize the optional paralyze from Glare to cut their speed in half.) and just strong enough to break through walls. Zygarde Complete was designed to be that one pokemon you dreamed of that can sweep through a team without help or even setting up, much like Hoopa Unbound.
However, feel free to correct and critique my set, because, as I said before, I am an absolute noob to this scene.
So the problem with that set is that it can't do any of the things you say it can. My phone's about to die so I don't have calcs to show you, but 124 HP / 40 SpD (the extra 2 in HP make no difference, since EV investment adds one stat point by LV100 for every 4 EVs in that stat) is not gonna be walling any serious attacker anytime soon, base 100 Attack off a neutral nature is not gonna be breaking walls, and a Gentle nature is completely useless on an attacker OR a defender because that boosts Special Defense and drops Defense. As a rule of thumb, defensive Pokemon typically want a nature that boosts one of their defenses and drops whichever offensive stat they're not using (so dropping Special Attack in this case), and offensive Pokemon prefer to have a nature that boosts Speed or one of their offensive stats rather than a defensive stat. The IVs are definitely relevant because those affect stat growth, and for a Pokemon using exclusively physical moves the only one you don't necessarily want to have at 31 is SpA (it makes no difference what it is because you're not using that stat) unless it's one of the few Life Orb attackers that reduce their HP IV to 29 to minimize recoil (I don't remember any of those being relevant in Ubers off the top of my head) or using 0 Speed IVs for an attacker on a Trick Room team. Your set also isn't even running an item (Zygarde generally wants Leftovers in an Ubers environment) and its moves need work. Bulldoze's speed drop is essentially redundant with Glare and its coverage is redundant with Thousand Arrows (actually a little worse, since at least TA can hit levitators and flying mons), so that's a waste of a slot that could be going to augment Zygarde's staying power or general utility. Dragon Tail is probably better than Haze to get rid of stat boosts because it does some damage on its own and forces the opponent to take chip damage from entry hazards you've set up, and the negative priority doesn't matter because Zygarde is slower than most boosting attackers anyway. While Substitute does give you a more reliable way of activating Power Construct than switching into a bunch of attacks and hoping you predict correctly, it isn't really the best idea since Zygarde is VERY strapped for moveslots. The means of activating Power Construct requires some kind of recovery option, which in Zygarde's case is limited to Rest, and it needs Thousand Arrows, so Sub would have to go over one of Dragon Tail / Glare / Sleep Talk / Toxic, and that's just not an optimal build in practice.

It's good that you're getting into the scene and eager to contribute, but you'll get better results by learning more about how the metagame works and what a given Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses are before trying to innovate, so I'd suggest sticking to the suggested sets in the analyses for now until you've got a little more experience. I hope this was helpful. Have a good day!

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I don't really get this set. What does it do? What does it beat? And more importantly what does it even wall? For me it looks like you just put a random item on a random Pokémon and are trying to make it relevant. I mean Ubers itself has like the bulkiest Pokémon and I don't think Bewear can even deal proper damage on anything. It just sits there and plays punching bag while lacking recovery.

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

Lugia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Aeroblast
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock/Earth Power

I have been seeing alot of success with this set when using it as a lure. Many people have forgotten that Lugia is the only non-deoxys mon that has access to Psycho Boost which deals insane amounts of damage. It also has access to the easily spammable; aeroblast STAB that hits almost everything in the tier. It is quite a shame however that Lugia is one of the only mons to have insanely strong dual stabs, but lacks the Sptak stat to take great advantage of it (base 90, ew). An alteration to this set is switching out Psycho Boost for another move so that you can use Multiscale instead of Pressure. Shoutouts Omfuga for showing me the set in the first place.

Last edited:

Lugia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Aeroblast
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

I have been seeing alot of success with this set when using it as a lure. Many people have forgotten that Lugia is the only non-deoxys mon that has access to Psycho Boost which deals insane amounts of damage. It also has access to the easily spammable; aeroblast STAB that hits almost everything in the tier. It is quite a shame however that Lugia is one of the only mons to have insanely strong dual stabs, but lacks the Sptak stat to take great advantage of it (base 90, ew). An alteration to this set is switching out Psycho Boost for another move so that you can use Multiscale instead of Pressure. Shoutouts Omfuga for showing me the set in the first place.
I think Earth Power should be slashed with Psyshock. It lets you hit Steel types like Magearna, Solgaleo, and Dialga while 2HKOing SPDef Pdon after rocks and still OHKOing Mega Gengar after rocks as well.

Even then, I still kinda prefer the CM Fly-Z set over this. It lets you switch moves, keep Multiscale for sure, and Z-Aeroblast when boosted by a CM does a ton to anything that doesn't resist it, such as dishing out a metric-ton of damage to standard GeoXern and Arceus-Water.

+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 382-451 (84.3 - 99.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Lugia Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 322-379 (72.5 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
I think Earth Power should be slashed with Psyshock. It lets you hit Steel types like Magearna, Solgaleo, and Dialga while 2HKOing SPDef Pdon after rocks and still OHKOing Mega Gengar after rocks as well.

Even then, I still kinda prefer the CM Fly-Z set over this. It lets you switch moves, keep Multiscale for sure, and Z-Aeroblast when boosted by a CM does a ton to anything that doesn't resist it, such as dishing out a metric-ton of damage to standard GeoXern and Arceus-Water.

true true ill add earth power.

Arceus-Ice @ Icium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover/ Grass knot/ hp rock

This seems like a good arceus set imo. Ice is a very underprepared type and I feel many teams are weak to ice or have 0-1 ice resists. Calm mind and recover is for obvious setup. Ice beam is it's main stab and fire blast is for steels that wall it. (yes I know this set is walled by kyogre which is why you can put grass knot over recover, or even hp rock for ho-oh if your team is weak to it.) Icium z is just to muscle through things that can eat a hit like defensive pdon
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Ice Subzero Slammer (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 313-369 (77.6 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Ice Hidden Power Rock vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 248-292 (59.7 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Ice Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 246-290 (63.7 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Edit: whoops it's fixed now, at least it can ohko more offensive spreads :p

Last edited:

Arceus-Poison @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Psych Up
- Earth Power / Fire Blast
- Recover

Just wanted to bring up this set - what are people's thoughts on it? It's not completely original, but I still think it's a cool way to better take care of Geomancy Xerneas. Usually, the main problem with special Poisonceus is that it struggles to take care of a boosted Xern. This set not only beats Xerneas after Geo, but also punishes it by stealing its boosts with Psych Up. The unfortunate drawback of using this is that you're hard walled by Steel-types not weak to Earth Power, like Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. You can run Fire Blast instead, but then Primal Groudon eats you for breakfast. Nevertheless, I think this is an interesting alternative to Heart Swap Magearna, just because it doesn't completely suck outside of checking Xerneas/Yveltal. You also beat Mega Lucario, Magearna, Arceus-Fairy, as well as Yveltal and Mega Salamence with Acid Downpour after a bit of chip. Being not completely useless vs pdon is also nice.

Last edited:

Arceus-Poison @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Judgment
- Psych Up
- Earth Power / Fire Blast
- Recover

Just wanted to bring up this set - what are people's thoughts on it? It's not completely original, but I still think it's a cool way to better take care of Geomancy Xerneas. Usually, the main problem with special Poisonceus is that it struggles to take care of a boosted Xern. This set not only beats Xerneas after Geo, but also punishes it by stealing its boosts with Psych Up. The unfortunate drawback of using this is that you're hard walled by Steel-types not weak to Earth Power, like Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. You can run Fire Blast instead, but then Primal Groudon eats you for breakfast. Nevertheless, I think this is an interesting alternative to Heart Swap Magearna, just because it doesn't completely suck outside of checking Xerneas/Yveltal. You also beat Mega Lucario, Magearna, Arceus-Fairy, as well as Yveltal and Mega Salamence with Acid Downpour after a bit of chip. Being not completely useless vs pdon is also nice.
With that set, Judgment would be Normal type

Toxic Plate changes your Judgment type to poison type, Poisonium Z doesn't

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm deciding to necro this thread with such an awful Pokemon, but I think I found a niche for regular Groudon besides checking opposing Primal Groudon.

Disclaimer, this is regular Groudon we're talking here, and it's a mon that, despite me making this post, I'd never consider to anyone for a serious team member because you're kinda forced to build around it not just because of the massive opportunity cost but also considering it actually requires loads of support to use over its relatively self-sufficient Primal counterpart (it no longer checks Xerneas, Primal Kyogre, ect). However, if you really, REALLY wanted to give it a shot, I feel this is what it has going for it over Primal Groudon:

I forgot it... (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock / Toxic
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake
- Counter
- Roar / Toxic

With Groudon's massive physical bulk, Counter allows it to smack many of the tier's physical heavy hitters, such as Ekiller / SD Groundceus, Double Dance Primal Groudon, DD Mega Salamence/ DD Rayquaza, Ho-Oh (you don't even care about being burned lol), Mega Lucario (sketchy since Adamant has a, 18% chance to OHKO, but it's very small. Jolly can't OHKO). Since it can't use this vs Ghost types such as Marshadow and Ghostceus, it can either Toxic them to put them on a timer, Roar Ghostceus out as it tries to set up, or simply hit them with Precipice Blades / Earthquake. Speaking of PB + EQ, using either one depends on personal preference. EQ has the benefits of still being able to 2HKO support Pdon with 100% accuracy, but PB provides more power.

The EV spread is simple enough, only you want 4 Speed to be able to outpace opposing min-speed Groudon. I also ran a set with 60 SpD so you can prevent the 2HKO from support Pdon's Lava Plume after Stealth Rock, but I think having as much physical bulk as possible is the preferred way to go when utilizing Counter Groudon, which I feel is the main purpose of this set.

While Counter is the main reason to use this garbage, I've found that after a couple of games, specifically during the mid-late game when opposing Primals are down, having the Sun up can be pretty clutch at times, especially when you pair this with a LO Ho-Oh who gains Sun-boosted Sacred Fires. Sun also has the nifty ability to weaken opposing Waterceus's Judgment, something that Ho-Oh also appreciates thanks to its massive special bulk.

These calcs are to showcase what this Groudon can tank so it can retaliate with a Counter.

136+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon in Sun: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 43% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 318-375 (78.7 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Rayquaza Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 322-381 (79.7 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 236+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 310-366 (76.7 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+4 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 277-327 (68.5 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Arceus-Ground Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 315-372 (77.9 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-601621426 A short game, but shows how well Groudon can stop Ekiller.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-601601023 This time it's an SD Primal Groudon on turn 8.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-600981795 While the opposing Zygarde-C set wasn't that good, it shows that it can even stop these set-up variants as well. (Turn 7)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-600970056 On turn 13, this is against a Mega Mence. At that range, it was a roll to KO me had he went for Double Edge (about a 50/50 chance), but he didn't want to lose his Mence to recoil since it was so low.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-600964601 Two things to showcase here. One is the useful 4 speed EVs being used on groudon to outpace support Pdon, and two is how clutch Sun can be once Primal Groudon is dead. LO Ho-OH's Sacred Fire is normally a 2HKO vs max HP Steelceus. Here' it just gets OHKOd turn 28.)

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Recover
I think this set is pretty simple. sd on a force outed mon,gravity on a passive counter, and precede to sweep through teams with very little effort. marshadow obviously gives this set problems but the stops to this set include the few good physical walls such as girantina and zygarde and the rare grass type in bulu. it beats most of ubers and is a pretty good set if you get tired of stone edge missing skarms and celesteelas. other revenge killers also give arceus-ground trouble. This set can fit in a ground spam core with offensive pdon.

rate this pokemon setup (im doing this from memory so it might have to be updated):

Primal Groudon Red orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EV: 252 ATK / 4 HP / 252 SPE
Nature*: smogon analysis seggested nature.
Moves:
-Precipicice Blades
-Rock Polish
-Lava plume
-Power-up Punch

what do you think could be updated in this set?

*i used the nature that was segested for the EV spread. i forgot what it was though.

Honestly that set is not very good. PUP is just too weak, and doesn't help Groudon break through anything it otherwise couldn't. Lava Plume is a good option for defensive sets, which that one isn't. Fire Blast is a much better option for sets meant to sweep, or you could use Fire Punch if you want to stay purely physical. In place of PUP I suggest either Stone Edge to OHKO Ho-Oh, or Dragon Pulse to 2HKO Giratina-O, or possibly Swords Dance - it boosts your power much quicker than PUP.

Honestly that set is not very good. PUP is just too weak, and doesn't help Groudon break through anything it otherwise couldn't. Lava Plume is a good option for defensive sets, which that one isn't. Fire Blast is a much better option for sets meant to sweep, or you could use Fire Punch if you want to stay purely physical. In place of PUP I suggest either Stone Edge to OHKO Ho-Oh, or Dragon Pulse to 2HKO Giratina-O, or possibly Swords Dance - it boosts your power much quicker than PUP.
alrighty then. lemme edit the mon.

My boy posted PUP Pdon and didn't even use showdown set format like he copied it down by hand the absolute madman
well untill groudon becomes able to learn swords dance, thats was my only option to boost atk.

now would lunala work like this:
Lunala @ normalium z (z-splash)
ghost/psychic
Ability: shadow sheild
SP. ATK 252 / 4 SP. DEF / 252 SPEED
moves:
splash
moongeist beam
blizzard
moonlight

well untill groudon becomes able to learn swords dance, thats was my only option to boost atk.

now would lunala work like this:
Lunala @ normalium z (z-splash)
ghost/psychic
Ability: shadow sheild
SP. ATK 252 / 4 SP. DEF / 252 SPEED
moves:
splash
moongeist beam
blizzard
moonlight
Z-Splash boosts attack, and you're using a set with special attacks only. If you want to get into Ubers I would reccomend taking a look at the other threads in this subforum and looking at the sets in analyses because the ones you're posting aren't viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)