SM Ubers Analysis Index

The index has been fully updated and Gira-A's reservation is now considered dropped and open to others again.

Guys I strongly believe Kartana should be in Ubers too. 181 base attack is the highest base attack not mega-evolved. It's defense is also quite good, allowing it to wall people like Zekrom. Base 109 speed allows it to outspeed many pokemon in the Ubers metagame, such as Reshiram, both Giratina forms, Rayquaza, Mega Kangakhan and a lot others. So yeah, I think Kartana deserves to be in Ubers.

Guys I strongly believe Kartana should be in Ubers too. 181 base attack is the highest base attack not mega-evolved. It's defense is also quite good, allowing it to wall people like Zekrom. Base 109 speed allows it to outspeed many pokemon in the Ubers metagame, such as Reshiram, both Giratina forms, Rayquaza, Mega Kangakhan and a lot others. So yeah, I think Kartana deserves to be in Ubers.
4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 256-302 (98.8 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Yeah, no.

Also, Giratina commonly carries special moves, Reshiram has always been an irrelevant Ubers mon (and even then, Kartana can't do crap to it) Mega Kang is practically unheard of in SuMo and it's not beating Rayquaza at all. Kartana is bad.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Kartana is actually quite bad in Ubers.

Sure, 181 Base Attack is good on paper. but it's hampered significantly by a lack of truly powerful moves and subpar offensive typing. Leaf Blade and Smart Strike don't cut it when most Steel- and Flying-types can wall you all day and you lack the immediate power to get any momentum going with Beast Boost. Kartana's good defensive typing is also wasted on atrocious special bulk, and it can't even take resisted special hits - Xerneas Moonblast OHKOes it, for instance. A Steel-type that offers zero ability to check Xerneas is not a good Steel-type. 109 Speed is good, but its also outsped by many common offensive threats which is fatal considering Kartana's bulk is so bad. As an offensive Steel-type its more or less completely outclassed by Mega Lucario, who has strong STAB options and priority to offensively check Xerneas and get around faster attackers. Overall, Kartana isn't really worth an analysis.

I was wondering about a few Pokemon and why they are in Ubers. Tapu Koko (sure, has good speed but bad offensive and defensive stats for Ubers), Alolan Muk, Blissey, Bronzong, Shuckle, Slowbro, Skarmory, Wobbuffet and Xurkitree (I know, put a Choice Scarf on this thing and it becomes a beast, but it's special attack is the only good stat). Can anyone explain why they are in Ubers?

I was wondering about a few Pokemon and why they are in Ubers. Tapu Koko (sure, has good speed but bad offensive and defensive stats for Ubers), Alolan Muk, Blissey, Bronzong, Shuckle, Slowbro, Skarmory, Wobbuffet and Xurkitree (I know, put a Choice Scarf on this thing and it becomes a beast, but it's special attack is the only good stat). Can anyone explain why they are in Ubers?
Ask that here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...e-answers-read-the-op-before-posting.3587245/
This is for analyses only.

Reservation list has been fully updated, these reservations/skeletons are back in the running:

Arceus-Dragon
Landorus-T
Giratina
Kangaskhan

edit: Ditto and Alolan Muk are also back in the list

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)