SM Ubers Analysis Discussion Thread

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This thread is to be used for discussing changes to sets and any sort of additions/removals that should be made to existing analyses, as the metagame does change overtime. While it's a bit soon, SPL is officially beginning next week and that tends to be a period of significant metagame development, so no harm in making this thread now.

Let's maintain the quality of our analyses as a community!

Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 HP
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Calm Mind
Max defense investment allows it to have physical staying power in tandem with its seed an calm mind remedies its other defenses. The other moves are reserved for STAB and is actually pretty bulky after a calm mind. i suggest use as a late-game sweeper but watch out for kartana: it eats this set for breakfast if it has boosted up.

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 HP
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Calm Mind
Max defense investment allows it to have physical staying power in tandem with its seed an calm mind remedies its other defenses. The other moves are reserved for STAB and is actually pretty bulky after a calm mind. i suggest use as a late-game sweeper but watch out for kartana: it eats this set for breakfast if it has boosted up.
That set is inferior to the one that is currently on-site. Tapu Koko is niche enough as is, but at least the set on-site can wallbreak somewhat competently, disrupt stall and balance teams with Taunt and Electric Terrain, and gain momentum for its team with U-turn. This set is walled by a good amount of the tier, extremely weak and relatively frail even after it has accumulated Calm Mind boosts, deadweight against more offensive teams due to its lack of Speed investment, and a momentum suck.

That set is inferior to the one that is currently on-site. Tapu Koko is niche enough as is, but at least the set on-site can wallbreak somewhat competently, disrupt stall and balance teams with Taunt and Electric Terrain, and gain momentum for its team with U-turn. This set is walled by a good amount of the tier, extremely weak and relatively frail even after it has accumulated Calm Mind boosts, deadweight against more offensive teams due to its lack of Speed investment, and a momentum suck.
it ur opinion i cant change that but i have used it against my friends and after all this it took a eq from a garchomp and killed it with dg check the stat with a stat calc

This set doesn't work at all in Ubers, it struggles against many Pokemon in the tier like Ferrothorn, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Ground etc, it can also be a setup fodder which sucks Aurora has explained it better.
This set is not worth to mention in an Ubers analyses.
forgot this was the ubers tread

I believe the Lucario Set needs an update since I believe it isn't possible anymore to learn Iron Tail in Sun and Moon through Move Tutor/Breeding/Move Reminder. If this is wrong please let me know how this would be possible.
Thanks

Iron Tail is a Move Tutor move from ORAS, which unfortunately means that you can't breed a Riolu with Iron Tail in Sun and Moon as is. All Ubers analyses reflect a post-Pokemon Bank metagame, otherwise there would only be around 7 analyses to actually write. Once Pokemon Bank comes out, you can try breeding a Riolu and then teach it Iron Tail at the Battle Resort, hope this clears that up.

How does Seismic Toss work with Parental Bond? I just transferred one from Blue VC but I still need to get the Mega stone

How does Seismic Toss work with Parental Bond? I just transferred one from Blue VC but I still need to get the Mega stone
Seismic Toss will deal twice the level of the user as damage (one level per hit, two hits total). Hence, if a level 100 Mega Kangaskhan uses Seismic Toss, it will deal 200 damage every use.

Seismic Toss will deal twice the level of the user as damage (one level per hit, two hits total). Hence, if a level 100 Mega Kangaskhan uses Seismic Toss, it will deal 200 damage every use.
that is interesting because that would kill practically everything in the tier in 2 shots after fake out

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe or 248 / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Facade / Refresh

Setting up with this thing becomes extremely easy with such huge bulk: being able to set up vs Swords dance Arceus, CB Ho-oh locked into Brave Bird (provided it has been intimidated) etc... I think it deserves a mention in OO or a set on its own.

The first set for Mega Salamence states that 44 HP gives it an odd number of HP, when in actuality, it gives Mega Salamence 342 HP, which is an even number...

I think the set was going for 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe?

Sorry for the double-post, but Mewtwo's analysis will be needing an update now that both of its Mewtwonites have been re-released.
Mewtwo's skeleton will remain the same for now. It's far too early for anyone to say what will work, what works beside it, and all the other stuff that comes with a late release. It would also be a waste of time and resources as we start our write up stage after SPL, which isn't that far away at this point. After SPL is when Mewtwo's stones will see analysis dex entries, but for now, its too early to tell. This also applies to MMX/MMY getting ranked on the viability rankings.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to suggest Toxic > Sleep Talk in Ho-Oh's Choice Band set. Overall, no one uses Sleep Talk anymore, and the ability to Toxic important Pokémon from the opponent team is much better than a move that isn't being used anymore.
This a metagame trend that anyone can see in SPL / good Seasonals matches, so I guess the analysis should be updated to reflect that.

Last edited:
I don't know where to post this, but this sticky's outdated. It says Mega Mewtwo X & Y is unobtainable. That's no longer true; it was released on Mystery Gift via password.

Some spring cleaning like threads and OPs (as well as any updates to current on site stuff) will take place as part of the move to our writeup stage which takes place in my projected range of 1-2 weeks from now...hopefully.

There's a couple things wrong with Primal Groudon's analysis.

In the "Offensive Stealth Rock" set, it says this:

Fire Punch is an accurate alternative STAB that does lots of damage backed by STAB and sunlight, also wrecking Ground-immune Steel-types. Stone Edge destroys Flying-types such as Ho-Oh, Mega Rayquaza, and offensive Yveltal.
Also, in the "Stealth Rock + Swords Dance" set, the EVs for Attack and Speed are mixed up. It claims that 196 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature outpaces neutral 90s, but it doesn't need that much investment to do that. It only needs 160 Speed EVs to outpace neutral 90s, whereas the remaining 196 EVs can go to Attack instead.

However, the current spread is outpacing neutral 95s, so if the intended purpose of this set actually was to outpace something like neutral Rayquaza, the analysis has to be corrected to say so.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nayrz and Fireburn, what would you have us do with Pokemon that are missing Marshadow and Mega Diancie from their C&C and Team Options sections? Would you like all of these small additions to go through this forum, have them PRed by badgeholders to be merged onsite, or would you like to do something different?

I noticed Gengar had no mention of Marshadow in C&C earlier today even though tech sneak KOes the max HP variants after the slightest bit of damage and I am sure this isn't the only case of Marshadow missing from older analyses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)