Resource SM LC Good Cores Thread

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hasn't been updated in a while but I wanted to add two cores I've been using:

I think FWG cores tend to be a fun way to start balance teams, and I've built a few that I like with this one. Basically, Mareanie is a cool new Pokemon that can handle most of the metagame except Psychic- and Ground-types, both of which are conveniently taken care of by Pumpkaboo. Additionally, Mareanie can set up Toxic Spikes which Pumpkaboo keeps on the field by spinblocking. However, the duo share a Pawniard weakness, which brings in Ponyta, which can scare Knock Off users, burn Physical attackers, and handle stallbreakers like Snivy better than the other two. The core is overall a bit trapper weak (as balance cores are), but it can survive decently even if one of its members get trapped, and hopefully trapping won't be an issue in the metagame too much longer anyway. The set has some fun variations, like Z-Trick-or-Treat Pump, but I'll let you figure those out on your own.
Pumpkaboo-Small (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
Level: 5
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Run Away
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flame Charge / Wild Charge

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 HP / 100 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

I LOVE using Aipom. Unfortunately, it lost one of its most fun partners with the fall of Fletchling this generation, but in some ways, Doduo works even better. Basically, these two Pokemon both hit insanely hard, and they share basically the same list of checks and counters. Whatever can be switched in to stop one can be hit by Knock Off or donked by a STAB move, leaving the game open for the other to sweep. Good partners include Pokemon that handle priority, and hazard support to help wear down the opposing team more quickly.
Aipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Fury Swipes
- Brick Break

Doduo @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 236 Atk / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Jump Kick

OR

Doduo @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

GOAO

Banned deucer.
Hi guys! This is one of my first posts on smogon but I've been around for many years. You might recognize me in the chat room as Kanns now and previously Hashaman. I'm not very high rank but I like to build a lot. I have been working on hyper offensive teams in LC. I was really trying to make a good hail team with Alolan Sandshrew+Vulpix, but I felt like Sandshrew was not worth the investment most of the time, especially since the hail setters could not keep the hail up. Then, I came up with a very nice offensive core, featuring Alolan Vulpix, one of my favourite additions to the game. Although it looks fairly balanced, I think this core is best suited to (Hyper) Offensive teams.

Pina (Vulpix-Alola) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Ice Shard
- Aurora Veil

Burito (Timburr) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Vulpix-A is often overlooked but is a really cool mon, being the only one in LC with Aurora Veil and Snow Warning. Timburr is a very deadly sweeper and breaker that can work at any point into the game. Especially when the veil is up, Timburr can handedly switch into many attacks that threaten Vulpix, like rock type moves and Ponyta's Flare Blitz. When Aurora Veil is set up, Timburr can use Bulk Up at will and beat many of its normal checks, like Vullaby. That way, Timburr can pile throught teams, constantly recovering his health with Drain Punch. Obviously, some things will still seriously deter Timburr like Cutiefly and Psychic Abra. Besides, Vulpix-A needs the right conditions to set up, since it can't take any hit and is only 17 speed.

Because of the abundance of Cutiefly and Sturdy users, I'd seriously recommend a stealth rock user, so that timburr can break through them. If you want to set up Aurora Veil twice with Vulpix, a rapid spinner like Staryu is required. Many other attackers benefit from Vulpix' support, especially ones that can use the bulk provided by Aurora Veil and quickly become huge threats, such as Shellder. Timburr also needs a Plan B for when he is facing fairies, so having a good switch in that can maintain offensive pressure is generally a good idea. A good example would be Magnemite. Gothita certainly works well with the core as well, being able to trap Spritzee amongst others.

Author: Kanns

TL;DR version of the description (if the complete one is too long for the post):
Vulpix-A is often overlooked but its a really cool mon, being the only one in LC with Aurora Veil and Snow Warning. Timburr is a very deadly sweeper and breaker that can work at any point into the game. While protected by Aurora Veil, Timburr can beat many of its normal checks, such as Vullaby. Staryu, Stealth Rock support, a Fairy counter and other powerful sweepers like Shellder are excellent additions to the core.
added :D

Rufflet @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 116 HP / 12 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Roost

+

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Memento
- Stealth Rock

Rufflet's set may seem doubting, but honestly this is easy to place as fuck and this is kinda dope. Just set-up some Bulk Up, then tailwind and click Brave Bird.
Once the opponent does not have a super-effective STAB against Rufflet, the game is often ended because Rufflet has a huge bulk and destroy literally every wall with his STAB if hit neutral.

Diglett trap steel, rocks and electric such as Magnemite, Chinchou and that stuff, set up rocks and can Memento in order to make the set-up easier
But anyway you can do the same with any set of rufflet, but I think this one is the best for this core.
added! hope u dont mind but i changed ur rufflets set to a scarfed version cause I think it works better with Diglett.

Salandit @ Life Orb
Ability: Corrosion
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 84 Atk / 192 SpA / 220 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 240 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Fighting

With the introduction of the Alola dex, we have a new cool tool in Salandit: it has nice SpA, the ability to poison every type regardlessly of immunities, and an amazing Speed: however, it can't stand a chance against Psychic-, and more importantly Ground-types; this is where Vullaby comes in.
This bulky set can set up on the Psychic- and Ground-types that trouble Salandit thanks to its typing; and in the same way, Salandit can withstand Ice-type moves, and can hit Steel-, Fairy-, and the aforementioned Ice-types hard.
The Hidden Powers are meant to hit Poison-, Fire-, and Rock-types, plus Mareanie (Ground), and Pawniard (Fighting) pretty hard.
Salandit's Corrosion is something the LC scenario (and the competitive in general too) have never seen before: now Poison-types can be put under a timer, shortening their lifespan considerably.
On the other hand, Overcoat is an absolute staple for Vullaby, giving him chances to switch into Foongus' Spores more easily, and then proceed to setup.

This core has no real chance against Rock-types, like the Shell Smashers (Tirtouga, Omanyte etc..); it also struggles against special walls like Munchlax and Porygon; and finally, they both share a Stealth Rock weakness.

A strong Fighting-type like Timburr or Mienfoo is adviced to alleviate the Shell Smash problem, as it can outpower them with its very high Atk.

A Defogger like Archen or a Spinner like Staryu can be useful for removing hazards.

Chinchou is a nice option, as it can help Salandit's problem with Water, with Vullaby's weaknesses to Ice- and Electric-type moves, and can also offer a slow pivoting with Volt Switch; in exchange, Salandit decimates Ferroseed and Foongus, while Vullaby comes into an EQ aimed at Chinchou, and sets up easily.

:)
added

Hasn't been updated in a while but I wanted to add two cores I've been using:

I think FWG cores tend to be a fun way to start balance teams, and I've built a few that I like with this one. Basically, Mareanie is a cool new Pokemon that can handle most of the metagame except Psychic- and Ground-types, both of which are conveniently taken care of by Pumpkaboo. Additionally, Mareanie can set up Toxic Spikes which Pumpkaboo keeps on the field by spinblocking. However, the duo share a Pawniard weakness, which brings in Ponyta, which can scare Knock Off users, burn Physical attackers, and handle stallbreakers like Snivy better than the other two. The core is overall a bit trapper weak (as balance cores are), but it can survive decently even if one of its members get trapped, and hopefully trapping won't be an issue in the metagame too much longer anyway. The set has some fun variations, like Z-Trick-or-Treat Pump, but I'll let you figure those out on your own.
Pumpkaboo-Small (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Run Away
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flame Charge / Wild Charge

Mareanie @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 100 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

I LOVE using Aipom. Unfortunately, it lost one of its most fun partners with the fall of Fletchling this generation, but in some ways, Doduo works even better. Basically, these two Pokemon both hit insanely hard, and they share basically the same list of checks and counters. Whatever can be switched in to stop one can be hit by Knock Off or donked by a STAB move, leaving the game open for the other to sweep. Good partners include Pokemon that handle priority, and hazard support to help wear down the opposing team more quickly.
Aipom @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Fury Swipes
- Brick Break

Doduo @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Jump Kick

OR

Doduo @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
added. slashed berry juice w/ orb on the first set and changed the nature cause I think berry juice is better.

Woody (Pikipek) @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 10 HP
- Brave Bird
- Bullet Seed
- Brick Break / Flame Charge
- Flame Charge / U-Turn / Drill Peck

Eureka (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell

Life Orb Pikipek seems outclassed by Archen, Doduo, and Rufflet because it lacks offensive prowess, priority, or ways to boost its Atk. And this is true, sadly.
However, Pikipek can check a large portion of Rock-type Pokémons, ranging from SturdyJuice Onix to Shell Smashers like Tirtouga, thanks to Skill Link + Bullet Seed. Brave Bird is Brave Bird, while Brick Break decimates Pawniard and Steel-types in general (bar Honedge, a hard counter to Pikipek). Flame Charge 2HKOes Ferroseed, and turns Pikipek into a potent cleaner when boosted. U-Turn is a good choice that sinergizes well with Chinchou's VSwitch.
Pikipek suffers Electric-types and Ice-types, things Chinchou can easily exploit. A Defensive set ensures that Chinchou can slow VSwitch in Pikipek, bringing it in unscathed. Since Pikipek runs Bullet Seed (which KOes opposing Chinchou with Stealth Rock up), Chinchou is able to run Ice Beam as 3rd move to hot supereffectively various Grass-types and Dragon-types.

Something to check Diglett.
Seriously, this thing decimates Chinchou with a fast EQ, and OHKOes Pikipek with Rock Slide: a strong priority user such as Eviolite Corphish can help thanks to Adaptability Aqua Jet; in exchange, Pikipek blocks Grass-types, while Chinchou absorbs Electric-type moves.

Last edited:

Llabby (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Doddy (Doduo) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Jump Kick

we all here know that flying spam is a really strong and popular core, and it's weird not seeing it here. Vullaby is one of the booms in sm, due to it's buff to weak armor + nasty plot set that can beat dark and steel types, thing that old flying types couldn't do. And next, doddy, it's just another bird that hits the 18 speed tier and has a great movepool, but you can put any other bird in the slot.

Really good partners to the core are mons that can beat Electric types, like Mudbray/Diglett. Hail Teams could be a problem too if Vullaby isn't booming yet, so Fighting Types like Timmy/Mienfoo work well.

Last edited:
Chinchou + Vullaby core :

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald/Hidden Power Ground/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Hidden Power Ground/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

+

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Roost/Heat Wave

Description :

This core have been one of the best core in ORAS and with the recent bans of Porygon and Cutiefly it is even stronger than it was in ORAS. This a pretty simple Volt-Turn core with Chinchou as a Revenge Killer/Cleaner and Vullaby to help it. Vullaby can beat things that annoys Chinchou like bulky Grasses with Brave Bird, and some Steel types like Pawniard and Ferroseed with Heat Wave if it is choosen over Roost but i don't really recommand it. It is also relatively slow pivot to freely sent Chinchou out.

Set Details :

Not too much details about the sets because they're classic. Choice Scarf Chinchou with a Timid Nature to outspeed Scarf Pawniard and Adamant Scarf Mienfoo, and to do a speed tie with Jolly Scarf Mienfoo and Scarf Houndour. I like Scald on it because of the chance to burn and because it is more accurate than Hydro Pump but you can run others moves like Thunderbot, Ice Beam, etc over it. You can also give up Hydro Pump for Scald and run another coverage move.
Vullaby with its standart set, i don't have many things to say about it. You can run Heat Wave on it but i don't really recommand it. If you run it, put the 76 EVs in SpA to hit a bit harder. The repartition is, once again pretty classic 116 EVs in HP to get 25 HP, 156 in Atk, 76 in SpD and 116 in Spe to have bulk and power.

Some partners to the core :

Because of the core's weakness to fairy types, Steel types like Pawniard, Poison types like Foongus and Fire types like Ponyta or Salandit are both good partners
to this core. Stealth Rock users like Pawniard or Ferroseed are also greatly appreciated. Volt-Switch or U-Turn users like Larvesta or Mienfoo are useful for the momentum.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Nothing new really, but I have a generally underloved core:

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Baton Pass
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off / Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

So Carvanha is terrifying. Give it +2 (or sometimes +4) and suddenly it is borderline absurd. Frequently, Carvanha is kept at bay with Timburr's Mach Punch, a only moderately healthy Ferroseed, full health Spritzee, or some other barely working answer. And with a SD boost, these often simply don't cut it. +2 Aqua Jet often picks off Timburr, while Spritzee flat dies after Knock Off. Ferroseed cannot switch into literally anything or else +2 Crunch OHKOs. BJ Munchlax is flat out KOed. With Protect, Choice Scarf users are hardly an issue, and Aqua Jet prevents the likes of Doduo or some other strong priority from picking you off. Luckily, Croagunk is pretty rare, which is about the only thing that reliably handles this core. With minimal and otherwise good support (e.g. Pawniard to Knock Off Timburr and SR, Ferroseed for hazards and Knock Off, possibly another Fighting-type to force Spritzee to be Knocked) the core proves to be consistent.

As for the SD passer, you can use Rowlet but that is more immediately obvious. It does have the upside of drawing in less counters to Carvanha off the bat though. P Jab Foo can sometimes be run to mitigate this however. Regardlessly keep the speed low, try to keep your Eviolite, and BP out since you take two hits and Carvanha takes 0. I personally use HJK since that does a ton of damage in general at at +2 it can OHKO Croagunk.

GOAO

Banned deucer.

Woody (Pikipek) @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 10 HP
- Brave Bird
- Bullet Seed
- Brick Break / Flame Charge
- Flame Charge / U-Turn / Drill Peck

Eureka (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell

Life Orb Pikipek seems outclassed by Archen, Doduo, and Rufflet because it lacks offensive prowess, priority, or ways to boost its Atk. And this is true, sadly.
However, Pikipek can check a large portion of Rock-type Pokémons, ranging from SturdyJuice Onix to Shell Smashers like Tirtouga, thanks to Skill Link + Bullet Seed. Brave Bird is Brave Bird, while Brick Break decimates Pawniard and Steel-types in general (bar Honedge, a hard counter to Pikipek). Flame Charge 2HKOes Ferroseed, and turns Pikipek into a potent cleaner when boosted. U-Turn is a good choice that sinergizes well with Chinchou's VSwitch.
Pikipek suffers Electric-types and Ice-types, things Chinchou can easily exploit. A Defensive set ensures that Chinchou can slow VSwitch in Pikipek, bringing it in unscathed. Since Pikipek runs Bullet Seed (which KOes opposing Chinchou with Stealth Rock up), Chinchou is able to run Ice Beam as 3rd move to hot supereffectively various Grass-types and Dragon-types.

Something to check Diglett.
Seriously, this thing decimates Chinchou with a fast EQ, and OHKOes Pikipek with Rock Slide: a strong priority user such as Eviolite Corphish can help thanks to Adaptability Aqua Jet; in exchange, Pikipek blocks Grass-types, while Chinchou absorbs Electric-type moves.
added

+ ground type

Llabby (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash

Doddy (Doduo) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Jump Kick

we all here know that flying spam is a really strong and popular core, and it's weird not seeing it here. Vullaby is one of the booms in sm, due to it's buff to weak armor + nasty plot set that can beat dark and steel types, thing that old flying types couldn't do. And next, doddy, it's just another bird that hits the 18 speed tier and has a great movepool, but you can put any other bird in the slot. Ground type is needeed to stop electric types, such as elekiddo and magnemite. Mudbray/Diglett can work here.
sry i cant rly add it if u just say "ground pokemon", u needa tell me the pokemon, and give the set.

Chinchou + Vullaby core :

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald/Hidden Power Ground/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Hidden Power Ground/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

+

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Roost/Heat Wave

Description :

This core have been one of the best core in ORAS and with the recent bans of Porygon and Cutiefly it is even stronger than it was in ORAS. This a pretty simple Volt-Turn core with Chinchou as a Revenge Killer/Cleaner and Vullaby to help it. Vullaby can beat things that annoys Chinchou like bulky Grasses with Brave Bird, and some Steel types like Pawniard and Ferroseed with Heat Wave if it is choosen over Roost but i don't really recommand it. It is also relatively slow pivot to freely sent Chinchou out.

Set Details :

Not too much details about the sets because they're classic. Choice Scarf Chinchou with a Timid Nature to outspeed Scarf Pawniard and Adamant Scarf Mienfoo, and to do a speed tie with Jolly Scarf Mienfoo and Scarf Houndour. I like Scald on it because of the chance to burn and because it is more accurate than Hydro Pump but you can run others moves like Thunderbot, Ice Beam, etc over it. You can also give up Hydro Pump for Scald and run another coverage move.
Vullaby with its standart set, i don't have many things to say about it. You can run Heat Wave on it but i don't really recommand it. If you run it, put the 76 EVs in SpA to hit a bit harder. The repartition is, once again pretty classic 116 EVs in HP to get 25 HP, 156 in Atk, 76 in SpD and 116 in Spe to have bulk and power.

Some partners to the core :

Because of the core's weakness to fairy types, Steel types like Pawniard, Poison types like Foongus and Fire types like Ponyta or Salandit are both good partners
to this core. Stealth Rock users like Pawniard or Ferroseed are also greatly appreciated. Volt-Switch or U-Turn users like Larvesta or Mienfoo are useful for the momentum.
removed some slashs such as roost/heat wave but added

Nothing new really, but I have a generally underloved core:

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Baton Pass
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off / Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

So Carvanha is terrifying. Give it +2 (or sometimes +4) and suddenly it is borderline absurd. Frequently, Carvanha is kept at bay with Timburr's Mach Punch, a only moderately healthy Ferroseed, full health Spritzee, or some other barely working answer. And with a SD boost, these often simply don't cut it. +2 Aqua Jet often picks off Timburr, while Spritzee flat dies after Knock Off. Ferroseed cannot switch into literally anything or else +2 Crunch OHKOs. BJ Munchlax is flat out KOed. With Protect, Choice Scarf users are hardly an issue, and Aqua Jet prevents the likes of Doduo or some other strong priority from picking you off. Luckily, Croagunk is pretty rare, which is about the only thing that reliably handles this core. With minimal and otherwise good support (e.g. Pawniard to Knock Off Timburr and SR, Ferroseed for hazards and Knock Off, possibly another Fighting-type to force Spritzee to be Knocked) the core proves to be consistent.

As for the SD passer, you can use Rowlet but that is more immediately obvious. It does have the upside of drawing in less counters to Carvanha off the bat though. P Jab Foo can sometimes be run to mitigate this however. Regardlessly keep the speed low, try to keep your Eviolite, and BP out since you take two hits and Carvanha takes 0. I personally use HJK since that does a ton of damage in general at at +2 it can OHKO Croagunk.
added

(these two are so adorable, oh my fucking god)

Vulpix-Alola @ Icy Rock
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Encore

Sandshrew-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

I feel Vulpix is being grossly underestimated as an offensive Hail setter. Aurora Veil already gives it a distinctive niche, but the other move that I don't see a lot of people talking about is Encore. Locking an opponent in to an unfavorable move vs Sandshrew gives it much more set up opportunities. I also went with an Eviolite on Sandshrew over something like Life Orb to further extend its bulk along with Aurora Veil, sometimes enough to get up to +4 attack with ideal conditions.

For Vulpix, I went with an Icy Rock to further extend the Hail, as Aurora Veil gives Vulpix enough bulk as it is. Encore is the crux of the set, locking opponents in to unfavorable moves, such as Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. STAB Freeze-Dry enables Vulpix to hit what ice types normally hit as well as Water types for super effective damage. Moonblast hurts fighting type mons. An offensive EV spread along with a Timid nature compliments its offensive support role, hitting as hard as possible while also being as fast as possible to ensure it can do what it needs to for Sandshrew.

For Sandshrew, the moveset is pretty much standard, but Eviolite makes Sandshrew bulkier than its Life Orb counterparts, which enables it to find more set up opportunities and take hits much easier when cleaning. Jolly and max speed is used to be as fast as possible, and the defensive EVs go to SpDef to round out Sandshrew's bulk after Eviolite.

Fighting type answers: You'll definitely want someone that can handle Fighting types. Croagunk, in particular, can come in on most of them really easy and 1v1 them with Poison STAB, and also has the benefit of dealing with Steel types.

Fire type answers: Most bulky waters can come in on Fire types not named Vulpix for obvious reasons, but for Hyper Offense teams that aren't too concerned with switchins, Diglett can trap Fire types (as well as Steel types) while Carvanha eviscerates them as well.

Most bulky waters can come in on Fire types not named Vulpix for obvious reasons, but for Hyper Offense teams that aren't too concerned with switchins, Diglett can trap Fire types (as well as Steel types) while Carvanha eviscerates them as well.[/hide]
You should mention that the Special variant of Carvanha fits quite well in this spot, because it sports a never-missing Blizzard, high power in Hydro Pump and Crunch, and generally works well on tandem with Hail setters; it also catches its usual checks off guard.

+

Salandit + Vullaby (close)

Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 84 Atk / 192 SpA / 220 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Fighting

With the introduction of the Alola dex, we have a new cool tool in Salandit: it has nice SpA, the ability to poison every type regardlessly of immunities, and an amazing Speed: however, it can't stand a chance against Psychic-, and more importantly Ground-types; this is where Vullaby comes in.
This bulky set can set up on the Psychic- and Ground-types that trouble Salandit thanks to its typing; and in the same way, Salandit can withstand Ice-type moves, and can hit Steel-, Fairy-, and the aforementioned Ice-types hard.
The Hidden Powers are meant to hit Poison-, Fire-, and Rock-types, plus Mareanie (Ground), and Pawniard (Fighting) pretty hard.
Salandit's Corrosion is something the LC scenario (and the competitive in general too) have never seen before: now Poison-types can be put under a timer, shortening their lifespan considerably.
On the other hand, Overcoat is an absolute staple for Vullaby, giving him chances to switch into Foongus' Spores more easily, and then proceed to setup.
I know its old and doesn't matter but, breh, you can't have Overcoat and Weak Armor!​

Last edited:
I know its old and doesn't matter but, breh, you can't have Overcoat and Weak Armor!​
TRUE! I copied the wrong ability 0.0"
GOAO please can you change the final part of Vullaby description with this one?

"Weak Armor allows Vullaby to outspeed everything, including many Choice Scarf users"

Thaks, and thanks to Heysup for the correction!

in the salandit+morelull+pawniard core, a spread of 0 hp/30 spa/30 spd makes the most sense for only 1 hp of life orb recoil while still allowing hidden power ground; doesn't change spa or spd stats either oo

GOAO

Banned deucer.
in the salandit+morelull+pawniard core, a spread of 0 hp/30 spa/30 spd makes the most sense for only 1 hp of life orb recoil while still allowing hidden power ground; doesn't change spa or spd stats either oo
idk if a moderator edited but its alrdy that bop
thx Heysup

Dewpider @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 212 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Gothita @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Despite its mediocre stats, Specs Dewpider courtesy of Water Bubble is a nuke. In fact, Surf being a 180 BP move, has the chance of OHKO'ing Porygon after SR damage. The few switch-ins like Croagunk, Ferroseed and Foongus are easily trapped and beaten by Gothita which also sets Trick Room (necessary for the spider to accomplish anything). The other special moves Dewpider learns are Ice Beam and Hidden Power (no Bug STAB lol) which are mostly obsolete. This core works especially well against rain teams.

Calcs with no rain:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Water Bubble Dewpider Surf vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 18-24 (69.2 - 92.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Water Bubble Dewpider Surf vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Staryu: 12-14 (57.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Reactions: OP

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor

Rufflet @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Superpower

Cottonee @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Memento

So I haven't seen a core with Z moves yet, so here goes nothing. Rufflet ( A.K.A Broken if it wasn't Blind ) is a dangerous sweeper but unfortunately struggles with longevity issues due to its weakness to rocks and recoil from Brave Bird. Furthermore, rock types and electric types threaten Rufflet if Rufflet is not locked into a coverage move like Superpower. This is where Cottonee comes in. Cottonee can Z-Memento Rufflet back to full health while also resisting electric type moves and being able to hit rock types super effectively. Obviously, the lack of Eviolite means you have to be more prudent with Cottonee but I find it a non-issue especially because Cottonee ends up losing its Eviolite anyways considering it is a fighting check.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
staryu.gif
ferroseed.gif

This is a pretty good and splashable core for balanced and some bulky offense teams. Basically it helps provide your team with good hazard removal in the form of Staryu and a good Stealth Rock setter in Ferroseed, and they synergize with each other quite well. Staryu checks Fire- and Ground-types pretty nicely and Ferroseed helps with Electric-, Grass-, and Water-types (which are annoying to Staryu if it doesn't carry Thunderbolt). Overall these two can create a pretty nice defensive backbone to teams in need of it, although partners that can beat hard-hitting Fighting-types are needed. Defensive Vullaby is an exceptional partner as it checks Fighting-types, has a Ground immunity which helps keep the pressure off of Staryu, and checks HP Fire Snivy which beats Staryu and Ferroseed otherwise. Offensive Pokémon that appreciate the hazard removal and setting that these two can provide, such as Rufflet, are also useful to keep up pressure on the opponent.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Psychic / Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Crabrawler @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 180 Atk / 60 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

This duo can cover each other weaknesses and checks quite well.
Crabrawler packs a lot of power when equipped with a Life Orb, hitting many Pokémon in LC hard. Close Combat is its best STAB option, usually OHKOing frailer targets and severely denting any neutral target. Crabhammer is what separates Crabrawler from other Fighting-types such as Timburr and Mienfoo, because it can 2HKO standard Mudbray and decimates various Fire-types (such as Larvesta, Salandit, and Ponyta) that threaten Pawniard. Earthquake hits Electric-types (notably Magnemite, who dies after Rocks), while Stone Edge hits Flying-types such as Archen and Rufflet hard.
Crabrawler struggles against various Fairy-types (such as Spritzee and, more importantly, Snubbul), Psychic-types (notably Gothita, who can trap it without fear), and Ghost-types (notably Gastly, which is immune to EQ and CC): all these types of check are easily obliterated by Pawniard.
Pawniard runs a bulkier Eviolite set with Swords Dance in order to come on Crabrawler's checks and profit. Knock Off is Knock Off, Iron Head hits very hard, and Sucker Punch provides a handy priority even though Gen7 nerfed it a bit.
Use Crabrawler to punch (no pun intended, maybe) holes in the opposing team, and let Pawniard clean the rest after a Swords Dance. Alternatively, use Pawniard to knock opposing Eviolites off, then let Crabrawler kill what stands in its way. Be ware of opposing Gothita when using Crabrawler, as a clever switch out on an incoming Gothita can assure Pawniard a pacific kill on the trapper. On the other hand, Pawniard can fear Trapinch less, as Crabrawler can deal a ton of damage to it with Crabhammer.
A cleric such as Spritzee or a Z-Memento user such as Cottonee can cancel statuses and allow Pawniard to easily set up, respectively. While both can get around Intimidate (Crab has Hyper Cutter, while Pawn has Defiant), neither of them can paly around WoW or accidental Scald burns: as such, Dewpider can be a good partner that removes Pawniard's weakness to Fire, prevents burns, and that hit oscenely hard thanks to Water Bubble.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's a very solid offensive core!

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Dazzling Gleam

Most SuMo teams I've played so far have at least one Grass- or Water-type attacker on them; this is likely due to the addition of Mudbray to the metagame. This core gives offense a way to handle those threats, along with many more. When Chinchou comes in, people tend to bring in their Grass-types because they resist Chinchou's dual STAB. That's when you simply click Volt Switch and go to Gastly, which obliterates common Grass-types such as Foongus and Snivy! Then, next time your Chinchou comes in, it'll be free to wreak havoc! Gastly is also immune to the Ground-type attacks which threaten Chinchou, so if someone happens to bring a Ground-type in on your Volt Switch, a direct switch to Gastly may turn out in your favor. ScarfChou can also revenge KO Abra, Shell Smash users, and +1 Scraggy, all of which also help Gastly. This core is so difficult to deal with and so easy to use that I'm a little surprised more people don't use it!

Last edited:
Vulpix + Bulbasaur core :

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Attack/Hidden Power Rock

Bulbasaur @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Celebrate
- Sleep Powder/Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain/Energy Ball

With the ban of Gothita, sun teams are now more effective and dangerous. Vulpix is here to setup the sun which is mandatory. It has Fire Blast as a powerful stab, Energy Ball to hit Water and Ground types, Will-O-Wisp to burn physical attackers which is great for Bulbasaur, and Quick Attack to have a priority. HP Rock is a decent option to hit other Fire types, in particular Ponyta, and Flying types super effectively. Bulbasaur has long been an inferior choice than Bellsprout in sun teams, but, in S/M, it has a new tool : Z-Celebrate. It allows it to have all of its stats boosted, which turns it into a monster. Sleep Powder allows it to setup more easily, and Growth allows it to hit really harder. I like Giga Drain on it because it also works without sun and gives it some recovery. Energy Ball is also a decent option because of the additional power.

GOAO

Banned deucer.
(these two are so adorable, oh my fucking god)

Vulpix-Alola @ Icy Rock
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Encore

Sandshrew-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

I feel Vulpix is being grossly underestimated as an offensive Hail setter. Aurora Veil already gives it a distinctive niche, but the other move that I don't see a lot of people talking about is Encore. Locking an opponent in to an unfavorable move vs Sandshrew gives it much more set up opportunities. I also went with an Eviolite on Sandshrew over something like Life Orb to further extend its bulk along with Aurora Veil, sometimes enough to get up to +4 attack with ideal conditions.

For Vulpix, I went with an Icy Rock to further extend the Hail, as Aurora Veil gives Vulpix enough bulk as it is. Encore is the crux of the set, locking opponents in to unfavorable moves, such as Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. STAB Freeze-Dry enables Vulpix to hit what ice types normally hit as well as Water types for super effective damage. Moonblast hurts fighting type mons. An offensive EV spread along with a Timid nature compliments its offensive support role, hitting as hard as possible while also being as fast as possible to ensure it can do what it needs to for Sandshrew.

For Sandshrew, the moveset is pretty much standard, but Eviolite makes Sandshrew bulkier than its Life Orb counterparts, which enables it to find more set up opportunities and take hits much easier when cleaning. Jolly and max speed is used to be as fast as possible, and the defensive EVs go to SpDef to round out Sandshrew's bulk after Eviolite.

Fighting type answers: You'll definitely want someone that can handle Fighting types. Croagunk, in particular, can come in on most of them really easy and 1v1 them with Poison STAB, and also has the benefit of dealing with Steel types.

Fire type answers: Most bulky waters can come in on Fire types not named Vulpix for obvious reasons, but for Hyper Offense teams that aren't too concerned with switchins, Diglett can trap Fire types (as well as Steel types) while Carvanha eviscerates them as well.
added

Rufflet @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Superpower

Cottonee @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Memento

So I haven't seen a core with Z moves yet, so here goes nothing. Rufflet ( A.K.A Broken if it wasn't Blind ) is a dangerous sweeper but unfortunately struggles with longevity issues due to its weakness to rocks and recoil from Brave Bird. Furthermore, rock types and electric types threaten Rufflet if Rufflet is not locked into a coverage move like Superpower. This is where Cottonee comes in. Cottonee can Z-Memento Rufflet back to full health while also resisting electric type moves and being able to hit rock types super effectively. Obviously, the lack of Eviolite means you have to be more prudent with Cottonee but I find it a non-issue especially because Cottonee ends up losing its Eviolite anyways considering it is a fighting check.
added

View attachment 75965 View attachment 75966
This is a pretty good and splashable core for balanced and some bulky offense teams. Basically it helps provide your team with good hazard removal in the form of Staryu and a good Stealth Rock setter in Ferroseed, and they synergize with each other quite well. Staryu checks Fire- and Ground-types pretty nicely and Ferroseed helps with Electric-, Grass-, and Water-types (which are annoying to Staryu if it doesn't carry Thunderbolt). Overall these two can create a pretty nice defensive backbone to teams in need of it, although partners that can beat hard-hitting Fighting-types are needed. Defensive Vullaby is an exceptional partner as it checks Fighting-types, has a Ground immunity which helps keep the pressure off of Staryu, and checks HP Fire Snivy which beats Staryu and Ferroseed otherwise. Offensive Pokémon that appreciate the hazard removal and setting that these two can provide, such as Rufflet, are also useful to keep up pressure on the opponent.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Psychic / Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
added

Crabrawler @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 180 Atk / 60 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

This duo can cover each other weaknesses and checks quite well.
Crabrawler packs a lot of power when equipped with a Life Orb, hitting many Pokémon in LC hard. Close Combat is its best STAB option, usually OHKOing frailer targets and severely denting any neutral target. Crabhammer is what separates Crabrawler from other Fighting-types such as Timburr and Mienfoo, because it can 2HKO standard Mudbray and decimates various Fire-types (such as Larvesta, Salandit, and Ponyta) that threaten Pawniard. Earthquake hits Electric-types (notably Magnemite, who dies after Rocks), while Stone Edge hits Flying-types such as Archen and Rufflet hard.
Crabrawler struggles against various Fairy-types (such as Spritzee and, more importantly, Snubbul), Psychic-types (notably Gothita, who can trap it without fear), and Ghost-types (notably Gastly, which is immune to EQ and CC): all these types of check are easily obliterated by Pawniard.
Pawniard runs a bulkier Eviolite set with Swords Dance in order to come on Crabrawler's checks and profit. Knock Off is Knock Off, Iron Head hits very hard, and Sucker Punch provides a handy priority even though Gen7 nerfed it a bit.
Use Crabrawler to punch (no pun intended, maybe) holes in the opposing team, and let Pawniard clean the rest after a Swords Dance. Alternatively, use Pawniard to knock opposing Eviolites off, then let Crabrawler kill what stands in its way. Be ware of opposing Gothita when using Crabrawler, as a clever switch out on an incoming Gothita can assure Pawniard a pacific kill on the trapper. On the other hand, Pawniard can fear Trapinch less, as Crabrawler can deal a ton of damage to it with Crabhammer.
A cleric such as Spritzee or a Z-Memento user such as Cottonee can cancel statuses and allow Pawniard to easily set up, respectively. While both can get around Intimidate (Crab has Hyper Cutter, while Pawn has Defiant), neither of them can paly around WoW or accidental Scald burns: as such, Dewpider can be a good partner that removes Pawniard's weakness to Fire, prevents burns, and that hit oscenely hard thanks to Water Bubble.
didnt add cause crabwaler is a bad pkmn

Here's a very solid offensive core!

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Dazzling Gleam

Most SuMo teams I've played so far have at least one Grass- or Water-type attacker on them; this is likely due to the addition of Mudbray to the metagame. This core gives offense a way to handle those threats, along with many more. When Chinchou comes in, people tend to bring in their Grass-types because they resist Chinchou's dual STAB. That's when you simply click Volt Switch and go to Gastly, which obliterates common Grass-types such as Foongus and Snivy! Then, next time your Chinchou comes in, it'll be free to wreak havoc! Gastly is also immune to the Ground-type attacks which threaten Chinchou, so if someone happens to bring a Ground-type in on your Volt Switch, a direct switch to Gastly may turn out in your favor. ScarfChou can also revenge KO Abra, Shell Smash users, and +1 Scraggy, all of which also help Gastly. This core is so difficult to deal with and so easy to use that I'm a little surprised more people don't use it!
added

Vulpix + Bulbasaur core :

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Attack/Hidden Power Rock

Bulbasaur @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Celebrate
- Sleep Powder/Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain/Energy Ball

With the ban of Gothita, sun teams are now more effective and dangerous. Vulpix is here to setup the sun which is mandatory. It has Fire Blast as a powerful stab, Energy Ball to hit Water and Ground types, Will-O-Wisp to burn physical attackers which is great for Bulbasaur, and Quick Attack to have a priority. HP Rock is a decent option to hit other Fire types, in particular Ponyta, and Flying types super effectively. Bulbasaur has long been an inferior choice than Bellsprout in sun teams, but, in S/M, it has a new tool : Z-Celebrate. It allows it to have all of its stats boosted, which turns it into a monster. Sleep Powder allows it to setup more easily, and Growth allows it to hit really harder. I like Giga Drain on it because it also works without sun and gives it some recovery. Energy Ball is also a decent option because of the additional power.
added

+

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 80 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
So here's a pretty simple balanced core based around Alolan Grimer and Bulk Up Timburr. Basically, Alolan Grimer is able to weaken a lot of Timburr's checks, namely Vullaby and Mareanie, with Knock Off. Alolan Grimer is also able to reliably Pursuit trap Psychic-types like Abra that can put a stop to Timburr's sweeping capabilities. Additionally, Grimer-A does a great job of spreading poison thanks to Poison Touch, chipping down physical walls and overall making Timburr's job of sweeping late-game much easier.

Revamping Thread up I guess with a core I think is stupid good rn.
Timburr/Mienfoo+Vullaby

Standard. Fighting Mon+Bird. Fighting counters steels+birds this metagame bar LO or Scarf Foo and NP vulla cleans afterwards. The variety of sets and ways this can work is what makes these cores so amazing. Timb+Vulla is all about deciding which is the win con and setting up and breaking with the other. Generally I try and get rocks up and set up on the forced spin/defog. Offensive Vullaby+Taunt foo also work very well together, as does Offensive Vulla+4 attacks Timburr which is getting much more popular. Stick it with a diglett to trap pony and Timburr is weakening/KOing your steel/rock mons and Vulla is doing massive damage with brave bird or winning with NP Weak Armor.

Taunt Foo+Offensive Vullaby
NP Vullaby+Bulk Up Timburr
Scarf Foo+NP Vullaby

You can obviously edit any of these. For example I prefer juice NP Vullaby over evio. Those are just the basic sets for these S Tier mons.

Realized Mag works amazing with this core. Juice or Scarf Works. :]

Last edited:

GOAO

Banned deucer.
+

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 80 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
So here's a pretty simple balanced core based around Alolan Grimer and Bulk Up Timburr. Basically, Alolan Grimer is able to weaken a lot of Timburr's checks, namely Vullaby and Mareanie, with Knock Off. Alolan Grimer is also able to reliably Pursuit trap Psychic-types like Abra that can put a stop to Timburr's sweeping capabilities. Additionally, Grimer-A does a great job of spreading poison thanks to Poison Touch, chipping down physical walls and overall making Timburr's job of sweeping late-game much easier.
added n_n

Revamping Thread up I guess with a core I think is stupid good rn.
Timburr/Mienfoo+Vullaby

Standard. Fighting Mon+Bird. Fighting counters steels+birds this metagame bar LO or Scarf Foo and NP vulla cleans afterwards. The variety of sets and ways this can work is what makes these cores so amazing. Timb+Vulla is all about deciding which is the win con and setting up and breaking with the other. Generally I try and get rocks up and set up on the forced spin/defog. Offensive Vullaby+Taunt foo also work very well together, as does Offensive Vulla+4 attacks Timburr which is getting much more popular. Stick it with a diglett to trap pony and Timburr is weakening/KOing your steel/rock mons and Vulla is doing massive damage with brave bird or winning with NP Weak Armor.

Taunt Foo+Offensive Vullaby
NP Vullaby+Bulk Up Timburr
Scarf Foo+NP Vullaby

You can obviously edit any of these. For example I prefer juice NP Vullaby over evio. Those are just the basic sets for these S Tier mons.

Realized Mag works amazing with this core. Juice or Scarf Works. :]
excuse me but i didnt rly understand that. youre trying to say fighting types + vullaby is a good core? :O
i'd like if u could tell me just 1 fighting type and what set (u can add mag on the core too) ;_;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)