Slaking

I think the best move you can attack Cofagrigus with would be Aerial Ace, but with Slaking's power that'd be dangerous.
The next best thing would be to have a faster, lower-power non-Ghost Pokemon hit it, and then have Slaking use Frustration on that Pokemon (make sure Happiness is maximum).
Slaking isn't KOing cofagrious anytime soon, Aerial Ace or w/e.

I think the best move you can attack Cofagrigus with would be Aerial Ace, but with Slaking's power that'd be dangerous.
The next best thing would be to have a faster, lower-power non-Ghost Pokemon hit it, and then have Slaking use Frustration on that Pokemon (make sure Happiness is maximum).
but cofagorius is really bulky and can take a good hit, plus rest would be a great option for it, the curse set maybe, or calm mind(works better).

I know, but it could still do quite a bit, which could result in a KO by the opponent, especially in Double Battles. Or would you say Slaking is more likely to be ganged up on?
Both. Cofagrious and Slaking both likely need to worry more about giving the opponent a free turn than Aerial Ace damaging anything.

Both. Cofagrious and Slaking both likely need to worry more about giving the opponent a free turn than Aerial Ace damaging anything.
Well Cofgrious could possibly get a hit with the Will-O-Wisp or atleast use a move that will hit both of the opponents(if it have any of those)

Let's face it, as bad as attacking Cofagrious and wasting a turn is, it his literally Slaking's best option in doubles/triples. Hence why he's NU :)

Pwn Wilson / Ben Staller

If one were to assign a role to Slaking (Pwn Wilson) and Cofagrigus(Ben Staller) it would be sweep and live long enough to spread mummy respectively. Cofagrigus is meant to spread mummy, and in order to do that it needs to get hit with a move that physically inflicts damage and makes contact with the pokemon. So the problem then becomes what can't/shouldn't hit it. Earthquake, rock slide, stone edge, U turn, can all hit cofagrigus but does not make the attacking pkmn get mummy.Mummy needs to be spread. One way to make sure more things hit you is to take advantage to ring target, this may not mean tha EQ or SE will physically touch you but it does allow body slam or brick break to hit you. Most players will not hit a ghost type with these moves but not its not because they can't. Mummy needs to be spread.

Another problem is special sweepers. They form an issue for Slaking because 1) Poor SpD 2)Will not get mummy because they do not hit cofagrigus physically.

Cofagrigus @ Ring Target
Calm 252 SpD/ HP144 /Defense116
-rest
-calm mind
-haze
-shadow ball

Slaking @ Lum Berry
Adamant Atk/252 Sp/252 HP/4
-Pursuit
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Okay, I have an idea, though not sure if it would exactly be viable, or original. And definitely wouldn't work in Wifi, but essentially all you need is Cofragius and Slaking on the same team. Use Cofragius to try and take out a pokemon using whatever moves you choose. Maybe cripple them in some way with Toxic/WoW. The main selling point would be transferring Mummy over to them, and then using Memento as a last ditch effort. With both Mummy AND attacking stat drops, they are definitely going to switch. Then, Pursuit Slanking, whatever set you want, Bob's your uncle.

I'm suprised no one has said something about Retaliate revenge killer o.o. Anyways, i currently use this set in my UU team, and it works pretty well, my opponents never see it coming. Aside from physical walls, it OHKOs any pokemon with it's monstrous attack and does over 50% to 2x NVE pokemon.

Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Retaliate
- Sucker Punch
- Move depending on the coverage of your team

I'm suprised no one has said something about Retaliate revenge killer o.o. Anyways, i currently use this set in my UU team, and it works pretty well, my opponents never see it coming. Aside from physical walls, it OHKOs any pokemon with it's monstrous attack and does over 50% to 2x NVE pokemon.

Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Retaliate
- Sucker Punch
CB Retaliate on Slaking is great for revenge killing but the issue will always be how unless you're in a Double/Triple battle with Cofagrigous or the rarer simple beam, Slaking is essentially half a pokemon.

Not necessarily, just a pokemon with half its attack.
It has its full attack, it's not like Regigigas. However, Slaking is only active every other turn unless you get rid of its ability. Thus, it is essentially half a pokemon because while your opponent can switch in checks for free and attack you, Slaking is only available to fight back every odd numbered turn it's in. Thus, it's half a pokemon/

Slaking is like Regigigas only because they're both Normal types, they've got monstrous Attack, and they both have extremely debilitating abilities. Other then that, they're not alike too much. They both can also have their abilities nullified by Mummy, but the opponent could also use their helplessness to set up and end them effortlessly.

Hate to say it, simple beam doesnt work on truant pokemon. It does on slow start but you keep the halved stats I think. Or @ least that's what the research thread said
Not true. Getting rid of Slow Start immediately removes the stat drop. And since you can use Simple Beam or Entrainment to replace Slow Start with something useful, Regigigas really is better than Slaking in doubles/triples.

Not true. Getting rid of Slow Start immediately removes the stat drop. And since you can use Simple Beam or Entrainment to replace Slow Start with something useful, Regigigas really is better than Slaking in doubles/triples.
Whoops. Then that must have been last gen. Good thing I said I think lol. Thank you for the correction

Stratos

Banned deucer.
no, slaking is better, because Gastro Acid still removes it, and he's got better moves than regigayass

no, slaking is better, because Gastro Acid still removes it, and he's got better moves than regigayass
Like what? They both have rather huge movepools, but Slaking doesn't have that many relevant ones over Gigas. Retaliate is a big one, as well as Sucker Punch, but otherwise they're similar. Gigas' bulk is a big help in Double Battles.

Removes it, right. That's the point - the best you can do with Slaking is remove its ability, and only a rather limited selection of partners can even do that. With Regigigas, you can replace Slow Start with something that actually helps - Lilligant can give it Chlorophyll, for example.

Oh, and Tenodera, Gigas does learn Retaliate as well. Sucker Punch is nice though, I'll admit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)