Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers: OM Edition

This thread is for simple questions that need relatively simple answers, those kinds of questions rarely lead to meaningful conversation. If you were considering posting in a thread to ask "Does Schooling work on any Pokemon?" or making a new thread to ask "Where can I play OMs?" I'd recommend asking those questions here instead. For simple questions related to Smogon ask here. For in-game help/info check the Orange Islands subforum. This section is for competitive discussion only.

When posting in this thread thread, please follow these guidelines:
  • Make sure your question is relevant to Other Metagames.
  • Use the search feature to check if the question has been answered before.
  • Quote the question you are answering to help keep things organized.
  • Do not answer a question if you are unsure.
  • Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.

What happens with the ORAS OMs? Do they need to be re-submitted? I think I saw something about that on the Rules thread but reading it again I can't find it.

What's the Inaccuratemons meta? I found it on rom.psim.us and can't find any threads detailing what it does...

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
What's the Inaccuratemons meta? I found it on rom.psim.us and can't find any threads detailing what it does...
On rom you can type /om [insert metagame name here] and it'll give you a brief description of the OM. In this case:
Code:
+sin(pi): /om inaccuratemons
All moves that have 100% effective accuracy miss. Does not affect No Guard or other effects that bypass accuracy checks.
I haven't been able to find a thread though, and I doubt that you'll find anything resmbling a playerbase I'm afraid!

Is there some place where people can discuss things about the OMs in general? I think there are a few former XY/ORAS metagames that would benefit and be shaken up somewhat by the SuMo additions, but I don't know where to start a discussion, especially after the Gen 7 OMs thread from the former forum has been closed.

Is there some place where people can discuss things about the OMs in general? I think there are a few former XY/ORAS metagames that would benefit and be shaken up somewhat by the SuMo additions, but I don't know where to start a discussion, especially after the Gen 7 OMs thread from the former forum has been closed.
The best place to discuss is the OM room on Pokemon Showdown. If people seem interested in the idea then feel free to make a submission. However, if the OM has an active host then it's very likely they will submit it themselves.

lost heros

Meme Master
When are submissions opening up for new metas that weren't Gen 7?

Also, will our 20 post minimum transfer over?

Will a new Silly Things in Other Metagames thread be created? It was one of the most popular threads throughout all of generation 6 and it wouldn't make sense to not bring it back.

Will a new Silly Things in Other Metagames thread be created? It was one of the most popular threads throughout all of generation 6 and it wouldn't make sense to not bring it back.
No, the submission was rejected. I think this post by Chloe sums it up pretty well:

Is it really necessary to have a thread dedicated to just replays of playing against low ladder opponents with a limited understanding of how each metagame works? The thread's quality was always declining in Generation 6, and is considered a joke to many prominent figures within the community. While it's important not to exclude this group of OM players, a thread that has an abundance of shitposting and limited levels of good content shouldn't be such a clear cut decision.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Are we gonna start doing official OM analyses for permaladders (BH, 1v1, Monotype) right away since official metas started doing them?

Also we started doing those semi-analyses for styff like MnM, STABmons, and AAA last gen. Can we bring those back? and if so, can those analyses also be uploaded on the offical SmogDex site?

Are we gonna start doing official OM analyses for permaladders (BH, 1v1, Monotype) right away since official metas started doing them?

Also we started doing those semi-analyses for styff like MnM, STABmons, and AAA last gen. Can we bring those back? and if so, can those analyses also be uploaded on the offical SmogDex site?
That's a question for C&C. Probably ask it here.

I'll discuss it with scpinion/imas and we'll see how we're going to bring it back. It was a good thing but there is room for improvement (such as not doing every meta in one thread).

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Will leaders choice still be able to choose metagames like Middle Cup that needs some teambuilder changing or is this a one time deal. the only reason i ask this is because i remember metagames that changed like the amount of moves allowed and level changing werent allowed to be voting for in omotm so im wondering if this would continue to appear in and out and give those metagames a chance.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Will leaders choice still be able to choose metagames like Middle Cup that needs some teambuilder changing or is this a one time deal. the only reason i ask this is because i remember metagames that changed like the amount of moves allowed and level changing werent allowed to be voting for in omotm so im wondering if this would continue to appear in and out and give those metagames a chance.
That restriction will likely remain. Middle Cup is really simple and doesn't involve any custom input in the builder--you just build sets as normal, but with everything at level 50 and a middle evo. Extra moves, nickname-based metas, etc. still prohibit people from easily constructing a team using the standard functionality of the team builder.

MAMP

MAMP!
what's the protocol for taking over a gen 6 meta from an inactive host? do i have to get their permission? is it just first come first serve or what?

what's the protocol for taking over a gen 6 meta from an inactive host? do i have to get their permission? is it just first come first serve or what?
If they are active on Smogon then it's preferable if you ask permission. It's not just first come first serve. We will be more critical of hosts this gen. If someone was inactive or did poorly as a host then they won't be approved.

If the non-bank ladder doesn't remain a primary ladder after gen 7 bank is released, might it be retained as an OM?

If the non-bank ladder doesn't remain a primary ladder after gen 7 bank is released, might it be retained as an OM?
No. It's not a typical OM, just a variation of OU. If the OU forum won't even keep discussion for it, OMs shouldn't be dumped with it.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
I know it's on the rejected metas list but is there any possibility of looking at UUbers this gen? As of last count we have 48 pokemon in Ubers, and that's bound to increase. At the least would be interesting to have a thread.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know it's on the rejected metas list but is there any possibility of looking at UUbers this gen? As of last count we have 48 pokemon in Ubers, and that's bound to increase. At the least would be interesting to have a thread.
We don't allow threads for usage based OMs, in general. As you said, this falls into that category.

MAMP

MAMP!
We don't allow threads for usage based OMs, in general. As you said, this falls into that category.
if you don't mind me asking, why don't we allow threads for usage based metagames? uubers seems like a fun meta that i would be down to try out

if you don't mind me asking, why don't we allow threads for usage based metagames? uubers seems like a fun meta that i would be down to try out
Usage-based tiering is the official process. We're not here to provide alternate versions of the tiering process. This is also why OU with custom banlists is not accepted. Leave the tiering process to the official tiers. We're not going to provide alternates and we're certainly not going try to compete with them. OMs is about changing the game. It's about creating unique formats that are different to standard. There's nothing unique or creative about "UUbers"; it's Ubers with a custom banlist. Perhaps try the Ubers forum.

Will there be cooldown for LCotMs? Because I don't think it's fair for a meta have the same amount of cooldown as OMotM when one have ladder and one is challenge only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)