Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I've a stupid question about Omega Ruby: yesterday I caught a shiny Regice (yay!) and then I wanted to start soft-resetting one among the Legendary Beasts. I went to the Pokémon Centre, withdrew a Lugia I got from AS and then I went to the Trackless Forest; there I interacted with the ring and the game sayd "A mysterious ring is floating in the air..." like I've already caught the Pokémon; honestly, I remember restarting the game ages ago just to softreset all the legendaries and I'm quite sure I've never caught any of them (and I double-checked the Bank just to be sure, nothing there either). So I went back to the Pokémon Centre and, this time, I tryed with the Ho-oh I caught a few days ago: nothing again. I tried with both of 'em in the team and nothing once again. I was reading online that there should be a limit of 12 hours after you catch something from the portals but it has been way more.
The only thing that might have messed up the things is that I switched the game from the 3DS to the 2DS because it was running out of battery... Is it because of that? Are there any additional requirements I'm missing?

Guys I've a stupid question about Omega Ruby: yesterday I caught a shiny Regice (yay!) and then I wanted to start soft-resetting one among the Legendary Beasts. I went to the Pokémon Centre, withdrew a Lugia I got from AS and then I went to the Trackless Forest; there I interacted with the ring and the game sayd "A mysterious ring is floating in the air..." like I've already caught the Pokémon; honestly, I remember restarting the game ages ago just to softreset all the legendaries and I'm quite sure I've never caught any of them (and I double-checked the Bank just to be sure, nothing there either). So I went back to the Pokémon Centre and, this time, I tryed with the Ho-oh I caught a few days ago: nothing again. I tried with both of 'em in the team and nothing once again. I was reading online that there should be a limit of 12 hours after you catch something from the portals but it has been way more.
The only thing that might have messed up the things is that I switched the game from the 3DS to the 2DS because it was running out of battery... Is it because of that? Are there any additional requirements I'm missing?
The Legendary Beasts are Suicune, Entei and Raikou, right? IIRC, those guys are only available in 20 minute windows each hour (one is available from XX:00 to XX:19, then the next from XX:20 to XX:39, then the third from XX:40 to XX:59 and roll again). Regice shouldn't have any impact because it's not a Ring legendary, a Lugia or Ho-oH in the team should be enough. Are you sure you didn't catch one or two of them and they ended up in another game?

EDIT: If you changed the DS's clock because of daylight savings, that might be the reason.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can give you a free copy.

New rule:

Since arranging trades can be tricky at times (especially when both trade partners live in different time zones), I figured it'd be better to trade via GTS:

Catch or hatch a male Salandit if you don't have a spare one already and deposit it on the GTS, asking for a Lv. 100 Landorus.
Leave me a message on my profile, including your IGN, the ball your Salandit was caught/bred in, as well as the level.
I'll send you your Pokémon as soon as I can.

If anybody else reads this message and wants a free copy, feel free to deposit a Salandit on the GTS and let me know the info on my profile!

Last edited:
Switching consoles counts as a clock change, you'll need to wait ~48 hours(?) for time based events to return.

The Legendary Beasts are Suicune, Entei and Raikou, right? IIRC, those guys are only available in 20 minute windows each hour (one is available from XX:00 to XX:19, then the next from XX:20 to XX:39, then the third from XX:40 to XX:59 and roll again). Regice shouldn't have any impact because it's not a Ring legendary, a Lugia or Ho-oH in the team should be enough. Are you sure you didn't catch one or two of them and they ended up in another game?

EDIT: If you changed the DS's clock because of daylight savings, that might be the reason.
Switching consoles counts as a clock change, you'll need to wait ~48 hours(?) for time based events to return.
Completely sure I didn't catch them since I restarted the game (I just got those needed for the main story, aka Latios, Latias and Deoxys; I think I killed Rayquaza to soft reset it properly)... I didn't think that changing console would mess up this kind of events! So I now need to wait a couple of day and everything should be back to normal? Well, I can try to catch the other Regi and Quaza in the meantime...
Thanks a lot guys :)

Looking for

Gen 6 :
- Timid/Modest, 5 IV, Female Vivillon/Scatterbug with Sun pattern

- Heavy ball female Mawile

- 5IV Shiny HA Swirlix/Slurpuff (modest or adamant in a cool ball) - I can trade TSV shinies for it

I have an extensive ball collection and I can do breeding projects for those. PM me.
Bump.
Also looking for a Premier ball Stunky in Gen 6.

EDIT: Anyone has a copy of Bluemew's Counter Skarmory?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a spare copy of yesterday's Smogon giveaway Landorus they'd be willing to part with? Thanks in advance.

Edit:Helped

Last edited:
Anyone also pick up a copy of Bluemew's Geodude and interested in doing a tradeback to evolve both mine and yours simultaneously?

FT: PAL Marshadow code

LF: Shiny Careful Groudon. Matching ball, competitive IVs and ORAS move tutor moves are compulsory ;)

But I’ll consider everything, VM/PM for offers!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
(...)
- Pal Marshadow Code
Very late, but do you still need one? If so, PM me.

edit: I just gave away my last code, however it should be pretty easy for me to get another one if you still need it.

Last edited:
I'm looking for apricorn/rare ball spitbacks that I'd like to trade for my own spitbacks or flawless Mons.
pm/vm me if I have something that caught your interest.

Hidden Power question - I'm SRing for a Bold Tapu Fini with HP Fire and want to streamline it a bit.
Right now I'm using a Bold Sync + Master Ball, checking for Bold, and flying to the HP Checker.

Looking online I see these spreads as successful for 3 forced 31 IVs + HP Fire.
31/30/31/30/31/30
31/31/30/30/31/30

Do the 30s HAVE to be 30 or should 30 be read as even?
The 31s HAVE to be 31, right? So HP and SpD must be perfect.

31 IV = 172 HP, so if I don't see 172 HP, I can SR right there, yes?
31 IV = 179 SpD, so if I don't see 172 HP + 179 SpD I can SR here?
Then if one of Atk or Def, but not both, aren't perfect, SR?

Also if anyone has a junk Fini or a clone I could definitely use the Dex entry to speed up SRing. I deposited a Lv. 1 Male Torchic with Blaze to the GTS asking for any level Fini if you'd be so kind.

Hidden Power question - I'm SRing for a Bold Tapu Fini with HP Fire and want to streamline it a bit.
Right now I'm using a Bold Sync + Master Ball, checking for Bold, and flying to the HP Checker.

Looking online I see these spreads as successful for 3 forced 31 IVs + HP Fire.
31/30/31/30/31/30
31/31/30/30/31/30

Do the 30s HAVE to be 30 or should 30 be read as even?
The 31s HAVE to be 31, right? So HP and SpD must be perfect.

31 IV = 172 HP, so if I don't see 172 HP, I can SR right there, yes?
31 IV = 179 SpD, so if I don't see 172 HP + 179 SpD I can SR here?
Then if one of Atk or Def, but not both, aren't perfect, SR?
1. Nope. IV's don't have to be exactly 30, what matters is if it's even or odd. You generally don't want such a high value in attack for a SpAtkr, so aim for an even or odd low level IV, preferably 0 or 1.

2. That's up to you. It doesn't necessarily have to be perfect, but if you don't have 31 in one stat you need, there's an increased chance you didn't hit the spread you were looking for (less options). It kind of depends on what you're trying to SR for (perfect, or are you going to HT?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)