Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for you, 'Vic, I don't think Technician will work on Weather Ball during active weather - since the BP of WB is raised to 100. I may be wrong, of course, but don't think that the mechanics work like that. Besides, if that were the case, it would be way OP.

Actually, according to the PS! Damage calc, Technician does not apply to weather-boosted Weather Ball:
252 SpA Roserade Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Scolipede in Sun: 316-374 (97.5 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Technician Roserade Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Scolipede in Sun: 286-338 (88.2 - 104.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
Chlorophyll instead of Technician, would of been death. I was so disappointed when Roserade got Technician as a DW ability. :P
Works like Revenge/Avalanche then I guess. Technician applies unless the power-doubling effect kicks in. ie Technician Revenge has 90 if they don't hit you and 120 if they do.
That's good then, since Extrasenory would be a giant pain to breed (same difficulty as Selfdestruct Munchlax) and Technician Weather Ball is pointless, that means there's basically no reason to breed any extra Roserade. Just need to breed a Timid one / don't have to bother with Exeggcute / don't have to get DW.
Also that calc needs to add Electric Terrain / Grassy Terrain's multiplier to Electric / Grass moves, it's pretty much the only thing missing and I kinda wanted to play with its effects.

And since I forgot to specify earlier, I used Rock on Lilligant.

LF two trophy Shiny Espurrs (preferably nicknameable), as well as a trophy shiny Scraggy or Scrafty.

Also LF opinions on a Doubles team I'm building.
I have a shiny Scraggy but its IVs are all crap do you want it?
Also, anyone has a analytic Staryu? I really need it, I don't care too much about the ivs because I can breed it later

For a Pawniard what is better, 6IVs or 5IVs with perfect spread?
I don't think you have to worry about flatter very often, so 6IV would be fine but you are not going to use special anyway so 5IV works perfectly well. And nice to see you over here. If you look at my thread you'll see all the goodies I've gotten from reddit.

Sorry I didn't understand that part, anyways I added you
What can you offer?
5iv spitbacks, a competitive ready Omastar, any 2 non-Ability Capsule Battle Maison items, a Virizion and a Cobalion (non-competitive), or a Dream Ball female Eevee or a Moon Ball Mareep.

Does anyone have ditto in their friend safari that wouldn't mind adding me? Also I need to know what mons are in my safari. It would be greatly appreciated and I'll give you a nice 5IV mon

If I change a pokemon's ability in its lowest form using ability capsule, when it evolves what would happen?
Well.... Here is what I got.
(Dive Ball)Xerneas-Timid-31/5/31/30/30/31 Hp Ground my Ot. Should I keep trying to reset for an hp fire one?
That looks awesome to me, congratz :D
But I'm not familiar with Ubers, not sure what HP ground would hit, I'm sure others more informed on the subject would have better advice

I don't think you have to worry about flatter very often, so 6IV would be fine but you are not going to use special anyway so 5IV works perfectly well. And nice to see you over here. If you look at my thread you'll see all the goodies I've gotten from reddit.
Awesome, thank you. I ask because some people claim that perfect 5IVs are more desirable than 6IVs. I can think of some Pokémon which can benefit from having 0 on an specific value but those are just some.

5iv spitbacks, a competitive ready Omastar, any 2 non-Ability Capsule Battle Maison items, a Virizion and a Cobalion (non-competitive), or a Dream Ball female Eevee or a Moon Ball Mareep.
Do you have lefties or an Staryu with HA?
If not i will take the eevee
EDIT I'll be AFK for somewhere between 2 hours, If you can't wait trade with someone else ;D

Last edited:
I'd keep it.
Hmm yeah I can always keep it becuase I have a powersave. I can just send this one to my main game and go back to my other back up to reset an Hp fire one :)
If I change a pokemon's ability in its lowest form using ability capsule, when it evolves what would happen?

That looks awesome to me, congratz :D
But I'm not familiar with Ubers, not sure what HP ground would hit, I'm sure others more informed on the subject would have better advice
thanks bro :)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It would keep the same ability. For example, if you change Swarm Scyther to Technician, and evolve it, Scizor will have Technician as well, since it's A1 on both Pokemon.

If you change from Ability0 to Ability1 (or vice-versa) it'll stay the same for subsequent evolutions as well. ie:
Say we have a Guts Tyrouge (Ability0) and use a Capsule to change it to Steadfast (Ability1) and evolve it to say, Hitmontop, it would have Technician (Ability1).

Edit: Too slow bitch.
Edit #2: you overwrote my funny edit, you bitch. :<

It would keep the same ability. For example, if you change Swarm Scyther to Technician, and evolve it, Scizor will have Technician as well, since it's A1 on both Pokemon.
If you change from Ability0 to Ability1 (or vice-versa) it'll stay the same for subsequent evolutions as well. ie:
Say we have a Guts Tyrouge (Ability0) and use a Capsule to change it to Steadfast (Ability1) and evolve it to say, Hitmontop, it would have Technician (Ability1).

Edit: Too slow bitch.
Edit #2: you overwrote my funny edit, you bitch. :<
Thank you both :)

Do you have lefties or an Staryu with HA?
If not i will take the eevee
EDIT I'll be AFK for somewhere between 2 hours, If you can't wait trade with someone else ;D
I don't have either, sadly, but I might be able to get you a Nest Ball HA Chespin instead of the Eevee if you'd prefer.

Last edited:

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Awesome, thank you. I ask because some people claim that perfect 5IVs are more desirable than 6IVs. I can think of some Pokémon which can benefit from having 0 on an specific value but those are just some.
Well special attackers would like having their attack IV at 0, helps with reducing the damage from confusion and Foul Play. (Also helps with power split, but that's a really situational and it isn't worth thinking about, at least in my opinion. >_>)

Physical attackers don't really care about their special attack IV. For the most part they can get away with whatever special attack IV they have.
(I guess if you held a gun to my head then that wouldn't be exactly true, the most "optimal" special attack IV would be 0 due to Power Split, but that's so situational that it isn't worth thinking about, that's just me personally.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)