Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
I remember some of my first shinies ever. A Hariyama in Pokemon Sapphire, which when I found it I was scared shitless that it would use Whirlwind, albeit luckily for me it didn't; a shiny Gastly randomly found in Leaf Green when looking for Cubones; a shiny Shinx in my Pokemon Diamond that I used for my playthrough, a shiny Venonat in my Soul Silver game; a shiny Geodude... in the Safari Zone, which just like Hariyama I was scared to death of him running away (and once again, it luckily didn't), and a shiny Pidgey in a LG emulator run which sadly has since been lost, as well as a few others that I'm forgetting. I've actually lost the majority of shinies that I found in earlier games, either to me carelessly resetting games or being scammed out of them :( Also I've been finding lots of shinies in my Pokemon Y recently. While breeding for Horseas, I randomly hatched a shiny one, and the same thing goes for a randomly hatched Shelmet. Funny enough, those two and a Larvitar are the first time Masuda Method has actually granted me shinies, and all when I wasn't even trying to

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I remember finding a shiny wooper in the Gen 4 Safari (Swamp) Zone, and I was like 9 so I kept the ds on sleep mode for like days out of fear it would run. It didn't but I don't think I have it anymore. I mostly wipe gems cuz shinies and legendaries and such don't really hold any value to me at this point

So I was using Butterfree to try and steal a Black Sludge off of Alolan Grimer around the Malie City outer cape (since the Grimer I caught earlier didn't have Black Sludge) when I stumbled upon a shiny Minccino. It's nature is crap, and its IV's are also likely crap, but hey, it's shiny.

Just one day of Ultraspace flying, and I found two shinies (a Barbaracle who needs her ability and perfect IVs fixed, and a Grumpig). Seems getting at least 4000 light years away significantly increases the chances, as I don't think I ever got to that point outside of when I found these two shinies.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I welcome the opportunity to present my newest shiny Soft-Reset trophy that I obtained today after 6 days of soft-resetting:

[#804 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Saimyōshō❞]
❝the Strutter❞
Art © Inkblot (2018) ❝Saimyōshō❞

OT: Christophe\241345 (Ultra Moon) ‹

IVs: 31/1/31/HT(3)/HT(7)/31 - Timid\Beast Boost (⚲)
Ut: Charm, Venom Drench, Nasty Plot, Poison Jab
EV'd: Sludge Wave, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Nasty Plot
[252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe]

I received this Pokémon as a shiny Poipole from Dulse at the Ultra Megalopolis on my Ultra Moon version.
This Pokémon was soft-reset manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots) were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 26th of November 2017 and I finally received the shiny Poipole on the 2nd of December 2017 at 10:46 p.m after soft-resetting for 6 days.
The Shiny Charm does not affect Poipole's shininess in any way, shape, or form and the odds of encountering a shiny Pokémon without any modifying factors are 1/4096 in Generation 6 and 7 games.
Synchronizers however work in 100% of the cases when soft-resetting Poipole.
I finished the Alola Ribbon Master™ on the 6th of December 2017.

The Saimyōshō (最猛勝, ❝Absolute Victory❞), also known as Poison Insects of Hell (地獄の毒虫, ❝Jigoku no dokumushi❞) are demonic wasps of Naraku, the primary antagonist from Rumiko Takahashi's ❝InuYasha❞ manga series.
The Naganadel is nicknameable, which means that I can and will customize the nickname or revert the nickname back to the original name ❝Naganadel❞ upon request.

In case you wish to see proof in the form of screenshots, please click on the following links:
_________________________________________​

Last edited:
I welcome the opportunity to present my newest shiny Soft-Reset trophy that I obtained today after 6 days of soft-resetting:

{#804 - Max. Optimizer's Saimyosho}

IVs: 31/1/31/HT/HT/31 - Timid\Beast Boost (Ø) - Christophe\241345 ‹

Ev'd: Sludge Wave, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Nasty Plot
[252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe]
I received this Pokémon as a shiny Poipole from Dulse at the Ultra Megalopolis on my Ultra Moon version.
This Pokémon was soft-reset manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots) were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 26th of November 2017 and I finally received the shiny Poipole on the 2nd of December 2017 at 22:46 after soft-resetting for 6 days.
The Shiny Charm does not affect Poipole's shininess in any way, shape or form and the odds of encountering a shiny Pokémon without any modifying factors are 1/4096 in Generation 6 and 7 games.
I finished the Alola Ribbon Master on the ? of ? ?.

The Saimyōshō (最猛勝, "Absolute Victory"), also known as Poison Insects of Hell (地獄の毒虫, "Jigoku no dokumushi") are demonic wasps of Naraku, the primary antagonist of the InuYasha series.
The Naganadel is nicknameable, which means that I can and will customize the nickname or revert the nickname back to the original name "Naganadel" upon request.

In case you wish to see proof in the form of screenshots, please click on the following links:
... wow, you even got one with a very low Attack IV. At this point Tetris effect must have hit hard and you must be dreaming of soft resetting lol.

{#804 - Max. Optimizer's Saimyosho}

IVs: 31/1/31/HT/HT/31 - Timid\Beast Boost (Ø) - Christophe\241345 ‹

Ev'd: Sludge Wave, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Nasty Plot
[252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe]
I started soft-resetting on the 26th of November 2017 and I finally received the shiny Poipole on the 2nd of December 2017 at 22:46 after soft-resetting for 6 days.
The Shiny Charm does not affect Poipole's shininess in any way, shape or form and the odds of encountering a shiny Pokémon without any modifying factors are 1/4096 in Generation 6 and 7 games.
I finished the Alola Ribbon Master on the ? of ? ?.

The Saimyōshō (最猛勝, "Absolute Victory"), also known as Poison Insects of Hell (地獄の毒虫, "Jigoku no dokumushi") are demonic wasps of Naraku, the primary antagonist of the InuYasha series.
The Naganadel is nicknameable, which means that I can and will customize the nickname or revert the nickname back to the original name "Naganadel" upon request.

Shame you can't get Naganadel in an ultra ball, that matching ball color scheme would look quite nice.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
During the last 5 days of soft-resetting I was able to encounter and catch these 2 literal beauties:

I originally wanted to go for a shiny Pheromosa with a Naughty nature but the Synchronizer failed the first time around. I decided to keep the Adamant one and continued my hunt for one with a Naughty nature. 2 days after encountering the first shiny Pheromosa I finally encountered the second one and the latter one finally ended up having the Naughty nature that I was looking for.

Edit: I took new pictures of them with all of the Alolan ribbons attached. I also renamed the Naughty Pheromosa from "Persephone" to "Rosine".
Also no, they don't have 6*31 IVs, I just hyper-trained them and marked the IV stats that "act" like 31 together with the ones that are actually 31.

Last edited:
During the last 5 days of soft-resetting I was able to encounter and catch these 2 literal beauties:

I originally wanted to go for a shiny Pheromosa with a Naughty nature but the Synchronizer failed the first time around. I decided to keep the Adamant one and continued my hunt for one with a Naughty nature. 2 days after encountering the first shiny Pheromosa I finally encountered the second one and the latter one finally ended up having the Naughty nature that I was looking for.

I take it the Ultra Beasts' shininess isn't set upon landing in their respective worlds?

Nope, Ultra Beasts and Legendaries have to be soft-reset like good ol' times.
I knew the legendary Pokemon were like this, but I hadn't seen anything about if the Ultra Beasts were also like this. It's probably for the best, as otherwise it'd probably be a pain to get the desired shiny Ultra Beast through the wormhole if it's not Guzzlord.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Today when checking out IVs in my Shiny Box for fun I saw that I had two Shiny Pokemon that appeared to have the same IVs, coincidentally both from Emerald. (A Beautifly from my first Nuzloke and a Banette.) Then remembered what I heard about the Emerald RNG, that it uses the same seed every time the game starts. I looked at the natures of the two Pokemon, both Serious. It can't have been a coincidence, Emerald has to have generated them in the exact same way, which means that they would have been the exact same Pokemon if I found them in the exact same area.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Maybe I got spoiled by finding a Shiny Golbat last Christmas, but yesterday I had the itch to do a holiday shiny hunt, and today I got my (late) present.

I didn't keep track of how many SRs I did, but it wasn't many at all. I decided to SR Celesteela yesterday morning, and since I was busy with the family for the holidays, I didn't really start till around late last night. It couldn't have been more than 200 SRs. Thankfully the Sync worked too, so it's Relaxed and caught in a Premier Ball. :)

I knew the legendary Pokemon were like this, but I hadn't seen anything about if the Ultra Beasts were also like this. It's probably for the best, as otherwise it'd probably be a pain to get the desired shiny Ultra Beast through the wormhole if it's not Guzzlord.
Guess you already know the answer, but since this post is relevant to your question, the UBs are just like the other wormhole legendaries in that shininess isn't set until you engage them in battle.

Probably not a big deal but I've caught 2 shiny Pokemon through ultra wormholes in 2 days. A swellow and a nuzleaf. Seems almost too easy to do in there

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Probably not a big deal but I've caught 2 shiny Pokemon through ultra wormholes in 2 days. A swellow and a nuzleaf. Seems almost too easy to do in there
I got four in one day and decided to never return to Ultra Space because I want my shinies to mean something. Not trying to one up you, just confirming that they are way too common. From what I can tell, they're about as common as Legendaries.

After finding a Shiny Wigtrio and feeling nothing, I fear that Ultra Space has killed the magic of shinies for me.

So I caught a shiny rockruff today and I wanted to use it for my team because it had very nice IVs.... I Accidentaly named it "L" while trying to name it "Lady Wolfia".

L The rockruff, best name 2017

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
SRing for shinies is nice and all, but nothing beats finding a random full pre-Gen VI odds shiny while doing some level grinding.

Considering this is at Mt. Silver, I have a strange suspicion that the game is buttering me up before I get curbstomped back to New Bark Town...

(Idk why the forums keep turning images to the side :mad:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)