Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'm starting to remember why I consider this thread painful... X(

To make this something other than a one liner about pain, when I was trying to get a HP Fire Nihilego, I had my sound off and I wasn't paying much attention when I ran into Fletchling. When I was going to press the Run button I thought it looked odd and was pretty sure its belly was a different color. My thumb continue to descend onto the run button and I touched it, but not hard enough for the touch screen to realize it. I then through a Repeat Ball at it and yep, Shiny. His name is Sepia Flare, I have released my old Flame Body Egg Hatcher, and am now hoping for Jolly Talonflame to have some viability in lower tiers. Between the Special Attack being not that much lower, no Flying attacks that require Gale Wings, and Bloom Doom, I'm thinking that my delusional fantasy isn't as delusional as it sounds. (But it's still pretty delusional. :P)

"Never heard" of the shiny clause? Really? I guess I could understand not implementing it? But not really?? And they're not emulating? Why not just catch it and not use it? Or catch it and Wonder Trade, if they really don't care?

And shiny LYCANROC, which is so pretty! Guh! It's physically painful to watch.

ugggoooo that was painful to watch...

I just got shiny Lugia in AS, didn't take as long as I thought. I'm currently using my last remaining master ball to get shiny Cresselia but it's taking a looot longer.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
*Mindlessly Coiling for the 3rd Global Mission*

Why is this Magnemite I just got yellow? Is the lighting off on the model... WAIT A SECOND!

I also got a (normal) Magnemite in a Beast Ball.

My first shiny Pokemon (besides Red Gyarados in Pokemon Silver) was a shiny Duskull I encountered near Lilycove City during my first adventure in Pokemon Ruby. I was looking for a Duskull to add to my team and that was the first one I found. It was an amazing encounter that I will never forget. Magneton paralyzed it with Thunder Wave and Ninjask spammed Double Team while it was getting paralyzed constantly. A few Fury Cutters later and Duskull's HP was in the red. The Premier Ball flew straight and true that day. I rapidly pressed the B button (my brother told me that would make any Pokeball work like the Master Ball) and when it was caught the catch felt so surreal. Sadly I restarted Ruby before transferring my Pokemon to Heartgold (I did not know of the Pal Park at the time) so that Duskull is long gone. The quest to find another one naturally in Ruby continues to this day.

my favorite shiny experience was when i was playing platinum and ran into a shiny bidoof

before i got poke balls.

so that kind of sucked

until i ran into another shiny bidoof literally ten minutes later (when i had gotten poke balls)

also there was the time i was discreetly playing heartgold in high school one day and i was grinding for clair when i ran into raikou, lobbed a fast ball at it, and was surprised when it worked. since i was in the middle of class i couldnt react to this in any meaningful way, which dampened my mood a little. I then thought "lol i wonder what would happen if i ran into a shiny, i still wouldnt be able to react". five minutes later, a shiny gligar happened

That slightly funny moment when you are trying to breed for a competitive Pokemon, and after you get it and start Wonder Trading the breedjects, you realize one of the bad hatchlings was a shiny.

(A Brave Roggenrola with terrible Attack. Everything else was as expected, ability included.)

I had also obtained a shiny Porygon with the same issue, but at least I had noticed immediately - I guess it could be related to the fact shiny Roggenrola are not that different from regular ones.

(Maybe I could Poke Pelago glitch them to Level 100 one day...)

Ok, so I couldn't get a pic at the time of catching, but I made an earlier post about booting b2 up for shits and giggles and finding a lv 58 shiny Audino. After that I restarted the game (Don't worry the Audino was absolute shit and idgaf) and played all the way up to Lacunosa Town, when I ran into this motherfucker searching for a Roselia. I trained it up a bit, and I also needed a flying type kinda bad. Score.

i just came across 2 shinies in moon within about 10 encounters apart, not even kidding. whats even more extraodinary is no shiny charm was involved and they were complete random encounters! i'll just leave the link and wont say anymore (sorry the quality is wank)

*UPDATE* i found a shiny ariados (still no shiny charm) about a week later and not only that but this monday i also found the pink aerodactyl i was SR for. thats 5 shinies this month (found a shiny wurmple on platinum also)

Attachments

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I finally managed to soft-reset shiny Type: Null after exactly one week on my Sun version.

[#773 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Kotobuki❞]
❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Christophe\473314 (Sun) ‹

IVs: HT(14)/31/HT(11)/1/31/31 - Adamant\RKS System (⚲)
Ut: Crush Claw, Scary Face, X-Scissor, Take Down
EV'd (Gen 7): Double-Edge, Crunch, Parting Shot, Explosion
EV'd (Gen 8+): Sword Dance, Multi-Attack, Flame Charge, Explosion
[4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe]

I received this Pokémon as a shiny Type: Null from Gladion at the Æther Paradise on my Sun version.
This Pokémon was soft-reset manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots) were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 19th of February 2017 and I finally received the shiny Type: Null on the 26th of February 2017 at 12:40 p.m after soft-resetting for 7 days.
The Shiny Charm does not affect Type: Null's shininess in any way, shape, or form and the odds of encountering a shiny Pokémon without any modifying factors are 1/4096 in Generation 6 and 7 games.
Synchronizers however work in 100% of the cases when soft-resetting Type: Null.
On the 1st of July 2017 I figured that this Pokémon was still capable of improvement and I decided to re-train a UT copy of the Pokémon in question.
The reason behind this decision is that my notorious perfectionist tendencies made me want to have a version without a hyper-trained Special Attack IV stat.
I finished the Alola Ribbon Master™ for this version on the 2nd of July 2017.

The kotobuki is an auspicious chimera from Japanese mythology whose body contains parts from all twelve animals of the zodiac.
The Silvally is nicknameable, which means that I can and will customize the nickname or revert the nickname back to the original name ❝Silvally❞ upon request.

In case you wish to see proof in the form of a screenshot, please click on the following link:
_________________________________________​

Last edited:
My first shiny was in Omega Ruby in petalburg woods. I was looking for a technician shroomish to train. My max repel wore off. I thought, what the heck and I charged through a bush. It was a zigzagoon. It was sparkly. IT WAS RED. I was with my friend who was soft reseting lugia. We both started screaming our heads of and then my mom sprinted in with a first-aid kit and started screaming “Whats Wrong!?” and then we showed her the screen and she just shook her head and walked away. And when the pokeball clicked and we started screaming again she shouted from the living room “SHUTUP”

I feel like I have gotten a little luckier than some others when it comes to finding shinies. I've probably gotten at least 10 (all in Gen 2-4 so about 1 per year, haven't played Gen 6 or 7 yet) and all as random encounters, except for one which I still hold dear to me. In HG, I soft reset all day on a day off from school trying to get a Shiny Suicune (for some reason it has always been one of my favorites shinies). To pass the time, as it can be pretty boring lol, I was watching a youtube playlist of others finding shinies. After probably 4-6 hours, I was on the last video of the playlist. I told myself this would be it for the day and I would try again later if I couldn't get that light blue Suicune to show up. About halfway through the five minute video (it was finding a shiny Yanmega in the Great Marsh in Platinum btw, idk how I still remember that), Suicune popped up, and I threw my Master Ball bc I didn't want to chance it. Wasn't a good competitive nature or anything (was hoping for a CM set), but still my favorite shiny to this day! :)

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
As far as pleasantly surprising shinies go, this one takes the cake for me.

I still have a whole bunch of unclaimed legends on my AS save. A while ago I decided to pick up the game and go catch a Bold Suicune so that I could have it to use for Rated Battle Spot matches. I grabbed my Sync Abra, catcher Smeargle, and some balls, got to the Hoopa ring, and saved for what I expected to be a few tries at catching a Bold Suicune.

First encounter, I find this shiny little looker:
upload_2017-4-6_3-7-9.jpeg

The IVs aren't anything special (which is fine since I planned on HTing it in S/M anyway), but surprisingly the Sync worked. :pimp:

In order of encountering -

Wobbuffet (Ruby Version): This was the first shiny I ever encountered, which was in the Safari Zone. I was young so I didn't know much about shinies, I remember being terrified of it trying to flee because obviously a pink Wobbuffet you don't see everyday but luckily I caught it!

Krabby (Silver Version): I went back to my first pokemon game I ever played and found a black Krabby while using rock smash in Dark Cave, I still remember the rock location too

Nidoran Male (Silver Version): Some time later than the Krabby found a blue Nidoran male on the route below National Park

Then literally for Gen 4, 5 and 6 did not find a single shiny. But when I played Moon I found a shiny Drowzee on Day 1 above the first major city and eventaully GTS'ed it for a Solgaleo lol

Honestly though, shinies to me are worth more in Gens 2 and 3 because so many hackers these days. As a result they've kind of lost their value for the modern gens of Pokemon but that's just me. And besides I'd rather have a competitive bred Pokemon than a shiny with a crappy nature, shrug!

Honestly though, shinies to me are worth more in Gens 2 and 3 because so many hackers these days. As a result they've kind of lost their value for the modern gens of Pokemon but that's just me. And besides I'd rather have a competitive bred Pokemon than a shiny with a crappy nature, shrug!
If I get one through WT or something, I generally consider it totally worthless and release it. If you obtain it yourself and are certain of its legitimate origin, though, I don't think the value is diminished.

Not my experience, but rather the tragic story of my friend and a shiny Pidgey in Firered (I think). He had restarted his file and was going through the game again. He was pretty early in the game (like near Vermillion or Celadon) and encountered a shiny Pidgey. He was freaking out because he had never seen a legit shiny in-game before. Tragically, it used whirlwind (the ultimate nightmare scenario - should prob be a crime lol) and thus flees before he could weaken and try to capture it. He calls me and tells me the whole story and I felt really bad for him. Not sure if he ever found another shiny...

I was breeding a bunch of Mawiles in Moon (Adamant with Sheer Force, in Love Balls, because someone wonder traded me a male Love Ball one and I already had a Sheer Force female I caught in OR) and one of them came out shiny. Not the most exciting shiny (and its IVs are mediocre and I'm too lazy to level it to 100 to hyper train it), but it's literally the first definitely legitimate one I've gotten since Gen IV so I'll take what I can get.

My first shiny was a shiny Clawitzer I got in Pokemon X it was a fishing chain and my first ever hunt I was surprised when I got it pretty quickly!
Today it's in my Pokemon Moon still in the dive ball I caught it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)