Metagame Shared Power [Under Re-Construction!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shared Power as we know it has been retired as a metagame. This project is far from dead, though! Feel free to discuss potential new ideas on reconstructing this OM, or to talk about the King’s Power metagame. See you soon!

Approved by The Immortal and Chloe

Viability Rankings | Discord | Sample Teams
Introduction:
Shared Power is an OM where strength comes in numbers. All of the team’s abilities are active at once. This means that if you have a Kartana with Beast Boost, then all of its teammates will also have Beast Boost. Because of this premise, every Pokemon essentially has 6 abilities of choosing, opening the door for a very fun metagame. Shared Power allows for many unique combinations and a whole lot of creativity. While some abilities are restricted, their use is still allowed on their native Pokemon. This means that, although Huge Power is restricted, you may still use Huge Power Diggersby. The only thing is that it won’t pass its ability on to its teammates! Some Pokemon, such as Blaziken and Kyurem-Black, shine in this metagame regardless of being unable to share abilities because of the sheer power they receive from others. Other Pokemon, like Zangoose, shine because of their unique ability! There needs to be thought put into all 6 of your teamslots in order for your Shared Power team to fare well against the many behemoths of the metagame. That is the concept of Shared Power!

Banlist:
This metagame has the following bans:
-
Banette (Mega)
-
Gyarados (Mega)
-
Shedinja

The following abilities cannot be shared:
- Comatose
- Fluffy
- Fur Coat
- Huge Power
- Illusion
- Imposter
- Innards Out
- Magic Guard
- Mold Breaker
- Multiscale
- Protean
- Pure Power
- Regenerator
- Simple
- Skill Link
- Sturdy
- Teravolt
- Tinted Lens
- Water Bubble

The following clauses are in effect:
- Speed Abilities Clause - Abilities that strictly boost Speed may not be shared.
- Weather Abilities Clause - Abilities that boost evasion under weather may not be used.

The following Pokemon are unbanned:
-
Aegislash
-
Blaziken
-
Deoxys-Defense
-
Mega Blaziken

Council:
-
Haaku (Tier Leader)
-
Ivy
-
SamHPL
-
Kris
-
nv

FAQ:
Q: What happens when a Pokemon faints? Does its ability continue to support the rest of the team?
A: Yes. Heatran will still continue to offer its Fire immunity, even after it faints. This is to avoid battles turning into snowballs once a Pokemon has been fainted.

Q: What exactly is Share Clause? Does that mean I can use banned abilities?
A: Yes. Abilities that are banned can still be used, but the team will not receive this ability. Azumarill won’t give its teammates Huge Power, but it will receive their abilities.

Q: Do abilities stack? Will two Intimidate Pokemon give me two Attack drops?
A: No.

Q: Megas. How do they work?
A: The ability that is active before Mega Evolving will be shared until you actually Mega Evolve, then the newly acquired ability will be shared instead.

Q: How do Skill Swap, Entrainment, Mummy, etc work?
A: Ability-altering moves only work with a Pokemon’s native ability. So Skill Swap would exchange their normal abilities while retaining the teammates’. This also applies to Ditto.

Tiering History:

Quickban Rounds - Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3
Voting Rounds - Stage 1: U-Rite | Stage 2: Pray For Me

Last edited:
Shared Power Viability Rankings
Welcome to the Shared Power Viability Rankings! This resource will be used to gauge the current state of the metagame. Being a very fluid metagame at the moment, rankings are bound to change often, and it is the support of the community that helps us decide what should change. Shared Power is OU based, but the list of viable Pokemon is much more different thanks to the importance of the ability slot. The Viability Ranking team has chosen to look at two main factors to determine a Pokemon’s Viability in Shared Power:
  • The support that the Pokemon provides for the team by virtue of its ability and general utility.
  • The support that the Pokemon receives from other Pokemon and their respective abilities.
That being said, there are an additional set of rules and guidelines as far as nominating Pokemon in the VR. These are as follows:
  • No flaming. It is fine to disagree with someone else’s nomination and discuss it, but personal attacks will not be tolerated. Discuss changes respectfully.
  • You must provide replays and/or calculations when making a drastic nomination (oneletter or more, or A -> B for example) or when nominating an unranked Pokemon. These nominations will be ignored if they’re not followed with relevant information.
  • No theorymoning. Shared Power is now playable on ROM, so please playtest your Pokemon before making nominations.
  • Make sure your nominations are concrete. Diggersby going to B- because “it hits hard” is not a viable argument. Make sure your nominations are more than one line!

Viability Rankings in Alphabetical Order:

S Rank

S
Tapu Lele

A Rank

A+
Blaziken
Gliscor
Kyurem-Black
Victini

A
Espeon
Excadrill

Kartana
Pangoro
Porygon-Z
Shuckle

A-
Beedrill (Mega)
Bruxish
Clefable

Doublade
Durant
Sableye (Mega)
Tapu Koko

B Rank

B+
Blaziken (Mega)

Comfey

Conkeldurr

Landorus-Therian
Magearna
Mawile (Mega)
Milotic
Mudsdale
Sharpedo (Mega)
Stakataka
Weavile

B
Blacephalon
Bronzong

Celesteela
Chansey
Diancie (Mega)

Heatran

Jirachi

Latias (Mega)

Lycanroc (Dusk)
Nidoking
Pinsir (Mega)
Tapu Bulu
Tsareena
Zangoose

B-
Aegislash
Bisharp
Charizard (Mega X)

Crawdaunt

Golurk

Greninja
Heracross

Latios
Latios (Mega)
Tauros
Thundurus

C Rank

C+
Breloom

Deoxys-Defense
Dragalge
Ferrothorn
Gumshoos
Manectric (Mega)
Medicham (Mega)

Raichu (Alola)

Serperior
Tapu Fini
Volcarona

C
Camerupt (Mega)
Charizard (Mega Y)

Druddigon

Garchomp
Magnezone
Marowak (Alola)

Tyranitar
Zygarde

C-
Ampharos (Mega)
Glalie (Mega)
Haxorus
Hoopa-Unbound
Scizor (Mega)

D Rank (Do Not Use)

D
Greninja (Ash)
Hawlucha
Mimikyu
Rotom (Wash)
Skarmory
Tangrowth

Last edited:
Shared Power Sample Teams
Welcome to the sample teams! This resource will be used for people wanting to get into the meta, but just don’t where to start with teambuilding. Building successful teams is a bit harder in Shared Power, since you have to account for all of your teams’ abilities benefitting others. The sample team archive will aim to cover a variety of viable playstyles. Keep in mind that we do accept submissions from the community! Without further ado, Sample Team Archive:

Trick Room Offense - Haaku.

Contrary Webs Offense - Haaku.

Shared Power Good Cores
Hello, and welcome to the good cores resource! In Shared Power, cores are really important, as their abilities set the bar for the rest of the team. Submissions for good cores will be open, so please don't be afraid to contribute to this resource! The cores will be separated into offensive and defensive cores. You should read the post here before trying to submit a core. Without further ado, here it is:

Offensive Cores
+

+
+

+
+

+
+

+

+
+

+

+
+

+
+

Defensive Cores
+
+

+
+

Last edited:
Nice that this meta came into existence, I remember seeing the discussion for it in the work shop and thought it would be fun, hopefully that stays the case.

I see that water bubble hasn't been banned (which means I can abuse it on a swift swim rain team before it does). I do feel that should be kept on watch though. Though there may be pokemon that carry dry skin, water absorb and storm drain, it really depends if you even have space on the team for them in the first place. To be honest in general I could already see aloy of busted setups as mons with weather boosting abilities gain auto weather setup and can even provide the same for there team. Raichu and koko with surge surfer may also be another clear threat on teams. I feel a lot of teams will lean towards HO but at the same time I can definitely see stall and balance still being possible as long as you build right and exploit ability immunities. Overall this looks like it will be a fun meta, hopefully it just doesn't turn extremely HO filled or dominated by stall

This meta looks fun! But isn't the team below a little unbeatable?

Like, how do you beat Fluffy + Unaware + Regen? It even has Flash Fire so the opponent can't take advantage of Fluffy! You'd be inclined to use a special attacker to break through this, right? But Is there any Special Attacker Chansey doesn't wall without set up?

I think something has to be done to address this kind of team, cuz' it genuinely seems broken, before you say anything about Corrosion, keep in mind Chansey has Natural Cure, but even then, Poison Heal would also be a great option here. Mold Breaker is restricted, so it's impossible to ignore Unaware and Magic Bounce.

I know that this is all theorymonning, but I can't think of any broken strategy that would let me beat this type of team...

Fluffy was absolutely on the watchlist and, in my opinion, should be banned but I decided to exclude it initially to see what you guys thought of this. The same goes with Water Bubble, though I want to be a little more lax with this one.

A question some of you may have is: How is the metagame going to be tiered? If you know who I am, you’ll know I’m a pretty big fan of Monotype. I also really like what Monotype did with tiering at the beginning of the metagame, which is the following.
  • Have quickban rounds every single week until the metagame is in a balanced state.
  • Vote on things that the community brings up, in order to involve them more.
  • Post results in one of the reserved posts weekly.
That being said, Fluffy is now banned from Shared Power.

All I can think about is all the things that will be terrifying, and things that don't make sense. Let me list a couple things.

No Guard + Hustle will be a nightmare, especially with sleep moves. Also, Dynamic Punch.
Intimidate + Regenerator=monster stall.
Why is Moldy Banned when Kyube, which is objectively more terrifying, is allowed?
In the same vein, Triage is going to make stall even more annoying; Think you'll RKill that mon at long last? Nope, fuck you, priority recover.
Poison Heal + Guts + Quick Feet + Toxic Boost = Monster team that never dies.
Comatose + Prankster. 'nuff said.
Download is essentially needed for HO teams, giving the team a free boost every time it swaps in.
Contrary. Why.
Tinted Lens will break the meta, mark my words. It says fuck you to the idea of walls.
Oh, and Illusion makes every other mon you switch in look like the last mon in your party.
Simple is like Contrary: WHY?
Low ladder will be filled with Sniper + Super Luck, as well as Stench + Serene Grace + Skill Link. Ugh...

I'm going to stop listing, cause I want to go back to teambuilding. This meta is going to be PiC in OP stuff, on crack, though.

https://pokepast.es/791dc6980ac41e89

I made this Bulky Offense team.
Firstly, Tapu Bulu and Gogoat give x1.5 defense, thanks to gogoat's ability. That allows Scizor and Toxapex reach insane defense.
Heatran also is an important part of the team. It gives a fire immunity to Scizor, Gogoat and Tapu Bulu. Due to the Grassy Terrain regenerating HP
to grounded pokémons, it can use assault vest withouth worrying too much about chip damage. Grassy Terrain also decreases the power of Earthquake, helping him even more. He also can use Nature Power, that under Grassy Terrain turns into Energy Ball, giving him a Grass coverage.
Note that Tapu Bulu, Gogoat and Heatran have a grass move, that is boosted by 50% due to the terrain.
Scizor is here to give Technician and abuse the defense and the fire immunity.
Weavile is the team's pursuit trapper and revenge killer. He can abuse Scizor's technician very well. Firstly, if the oponent dont switch when trying to pursuit trap, Pursuit would give more damage, and that extra damage is important. Secondly, he can also use Power Up Punch, in an attempt to sweep. And his priority - Ice Shard - is also boosted.
Toxapex is the "glue" of the team, avoiding the team falling apart. He does that giving Regenerator to the rest of the team. He also likes the extra HP recover from the terrain, and realy likes the weakened earthquake. And the extra defense. He also provides utility to the team, being able to use Banefull Bunker and Scald to spread status. Note that I didnt gave him toxic or Toxic Spikes because almost all stall teams will have a magic bounce user. He also has his newly received Knock Off, to help even further the team, and Haze, to stop any potential sweepers.

What yours think about this team?

Last edited:
All I can think about is all the things that will be terrifying, and things that don't make sense. Let me list a couple things.

No Guard + Hustle will be a nightmare, especially with sleep moves. Also, Dynamic Punch.
Why is Moldy Banned when Kyube, which is objectively more terrifying, is allowed?
In the same vein, Triage is going to make stall even more annoying; Think you'll RKill that mon at long last? Nope, fuck you, priority recover.
Download is essentially needed for HO teams, giving the team a free boost every time it swaps in.
Contrary. Why.
Tinted Lens will break the meta, mark my words. It says fuck you to the idea of walls.
Oh, and Illusion makes every other mon you switch in look like the last mon in your party.
Low ladder will be filled with Sniper + Super Luck, as well as Stench + Serene Grace + Skill Link. Ugh...

I'm going to stop listing, cause I want to go back to teambuilding. This meta is going to be PiC in OP stuff, on crack, though.
I see where you coming from, but first off illusion was already banned, also comaphazing definitely needs to go

There are a lot of drawbacks to using these abilities that you mentioned, which is probably why they were not included in the initial banlist.
No Guard doesn’t have many viable supporters in this metagame. Pidgeot is rather mediocre, same with Doublade. Hustle is even worse as it’s only really limited to Durant.

I don’t see how stall will be an overwhelming force in this metagame. It’s driven by offense, and with incredibly strong wallbreakers, most teams won’t be difficult to beat.

Teravolt is also banned. Please read the OP.

I don’t see Triage being that great and if anything, it would only really work on more offensive teams. Comfey is a pretty horrible Pokemon and you’re essentially playing with a team of 5 if you decide to use this.

Similarly, you have to use some rather suboptimal Pokemon to make this work. I think these kind of teams automatically lose to the much scarier Sand Rush or Swift Swim teams.

Will be voted on in the first quickban round, but expect a ban.

I don’t see how Download will be essentially needed or even great, considering Unaware will be a very common ability and you will need a Porygon-Z to make this work on offensive teams. It just doesn’t seem overpowering to me at all, but we’ll see during the coming weeks.

Contrary. Why.
Will be voted on in the next quickban round.

Tinted Lens will definitely be great but suffers from the same problem as many other abilities: Yanmega isn’t very great. We’ll see about it during the coming weeks but it won’t be banned immediately.

As ace 434 has pointed out, Illusion is a banned ability.

When the best providers of this ability are Bibarel and Swoobat, it seems hard to think Simple is broken yet. We’ll see, but this won’t be banned soon.

I hope this clears up some stuff for you. Some of these abilities appear broken but most of what you mentioned has some kind of drawback. The metagame will definitely have a handful of bans, but as I said, a lot of things seem inherently broken until you actually look at them and what they require in order to use. Before any of this, Water Bubble, weather abilities, and Tapu Lele seem like threats that need to be looked at first. Thanks for checking out the metagame :)

Also one nuke I can already see putting a dent in teams

Gyarados
With
Mpinsir
Pelipper/politoed
Kingdra
Thundurus therian
Araquanid
And mguard clefable

Gyara can get off a lot to DMG in rain off water bubble and with dd also volt absorb removing its major electric weakness and aerilate from pinsir giving it flying stab. Also with moxie and waterium z it can snowball on teams quite easily especially those lacking dry skin, water absorb, etc. Mguard from clefable also removes its sr weakness along with the other team members who carry the same weakness. Araquanid can even provide webs support to assure that nothing on ground will out speed you unboosted. This is the honestly probs the most creative thing I can think of (which is a stretch even for me) but other stuff may come once it is playable and I can thoroughly test teams

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
I don’t see how stall will be an overwhelming force in this metagame. It’s driven by offense, and with incredibly strong wallbreakers, most teams won’t be difficult to beat.
Is Multiscale shareable intentionally? THAT seems like it would push these stall archetypes above and beyond.

Is Multiscale shareable intentionally? THAT seems like it would push these stall archetypes above and beyond.
That along with regent, mbounce along with a large amount of abilities that provide immunity, stall will definitely be usable IMO but I can also see it failing to measure up against the right matchups

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Feint
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Salamence @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Defog
- U-turn

So this is a quick thing I came up with in ~5 minutes or so. Basically the idea is to mega evolve Pinsir as quickly as possible, use Dnite to nab a kill, and murder everything with your Moxie + Beast boosted tinted lens adaptability aerilate E-speed. Dnite does insane stuff like grabbing a 2hko on Skarmory with no boosts. Honestly, it might be that the only way to beat this thing is psychic surge, since almost everything dies to E-speed, and everything dies to a boosted one.

View attachment 92984
This should speak for itself.
Ok, I'll admit that got me to laugh. Internally, since I'm at a library.

Mimikyu looks like a pretty usable thing here, though. No, I don't mean to pass around Disguise - which wouldn't work even if it was passed around. Rather, it serves as a decent blanket covering for a few things - Dragonite has to hit it once to break Disguise, where you then have a choice of doing something ala Will-O if they have no Guts users, or Play Rough if you just need to break its Multiscale.

Poison Heal also looks fun alongside Guts, not banworthy whatsoever but providing decent healing alongside a flat damage boost for Physical mons sounds tasty. Plus, Gliscor and something like Conkeldurr aren't *that* bad.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I don't think Simple or Contrary are banworthy. Unaware is mandatory on stall and balance - a +1 mon stacking multiple damage boosting abilities like Adaptability and Tough Claws is literally unstoppable. Simple and Contrary feel like traps more than anything else; all they do is "win more" versus offense, and espeed spam already does that. Outside of fringe cases that I think are going to be healthier for the metagame than not - such as Contrary Stored Power Victini variants breaking down stall teams without Heatran - I can't see these breaking apart teams that are properly prepared.

Edit: I think a dark type will be mandatory on stall. In what I can only describe as a stroke of the worst kind of genius imaginable, Eevee + Simple + Tapu Lele absolutely ravages stall teams without a dark type, and Adaptability is one of those abilities that's so strong it seems worth it to run a bad mon for.

Strong abilities I haven't really seen mentioned - Magic Guard is the real reason stall is going to be strong, since no amount of aggressive hazards can undo what Regenerator does. Poison Heal is incredible -12% a turn and immune to sleep on stall, immune to toxic on offense, works through Knock Off. Oblivious is absolutely insane for stall, making it so much harder to break - Tinted Lens means most wallbreakers can and probably will opt to run Taunt. I'm seeing a lot of stall teams that aren't using Pressure and I honestly don't believe you'll be successful without it - a lot of strong moves have very low PP - I see Deoxys D / Raikou being stall staples because they can PP stall the hell out of things in ways that other mons can't due to their bulk and speed, respectively. Further shoutout to Raikou for being faster than Pinsir, I think that will very likely be important. All 4 Surges are essentially permanent - Misty Surge cancels status-oriented strategies, Grassy heals you just a bit, Psychic cancels priority, and Electric cancels other Terrains - which means Tapu-oriented strategies are rather strong.

If something has to be done about stall at all, it'll be making stall able to win the stall vs stall matchup with Regen + Magic Guard making constant switches the easiest way to win ever.

This meta looks fun! But isn't the team below a little unbeatable?

Like, how do you beat Fluffy + Unaware + Regen? It even has Flash Fire so the opponent can't take advantage of Fluffy! You'd be inclined to use a special attacker to break through this, right? But Is there any Special Attacker Chansey doesn't wall without set up?

I think something has to be done to address this kind of team, cuz' it genuinely seems broken, before you say anything about Corrosion, keep in mind Chansey has Natural Cure, but even then, Poison Heal would also be a great option here. Mold Breaker is restricted, so it's impossible to ignore Unaware and Magic Bounce.

I know that this is all theorymonning, but I can't think of any broken strategy that would let me beat this type of team...
A banded ground type with adaptability absolutely tears through this team - Fluffy only works on contact. There's other ways to beat this team if it doesn't have Sableye - and I thought Sableye would be banned by Magic Bounce clause - such as Taunt + Pressure, and Pressure stall cleanly beats this in general. Tinted Lens + Adaptability rain spam also seems able to break this - modest specs Keldeo does 43% to Chansey with Surf, outside potentially luring it with a Secret Sword or Focus Blast, and Keld could possible run a sheer force teammate despite them sort of sucking.

There's other ways to stack multiple very strong boosting abilities on the right mon.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Feint
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Salamence @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Defog
- U-turn

So this is a quick thing I came up with in ~5 minutes or so. Basically the idea is to mega evolve Pinsir as quickly as possible, use Dnite to nab a kill, and murder everything with your Moxie + Beast boosted tinted lens adaptability aerilate E-speed. Dnite does insane stuff like grabbing a 2hko on Skarmory with no boosts. Honestly, it might be that the only way to beat this thing is psychic surge, since almost everything dies to E-speed, and everything dies to a boosted one.
I think you should replace Porygon with Crawdaunt, since Aerialte neuters Porygon and Crawdaunt's priority seems important for a team with no scarfs like this, especially if you happen to lose Dragonite and a powerful sweeper - like their own Dragonite, honestly - comes in. I think you should replace Earthquake on Salamence as well, as I just don't see it adding much to this team - Aerialate, Tinted Lens, Adaptability Returns hit everything except 4x weak mons, and 2x weak mons with Fluffy harder.

I think replacing Salamence with a Tough Claws mon, like Lycanroc or Barbaracle, could be useful because 30% is a massive boost and is, in my opinion, worth running some awful mons for - keeping in mind that +2 is barely stronger than +1 with a 30% boost. Alternatively, replace it with a Tapu that isn't Lele so you're at less risk of having your priority blocked - this team just outright loses to Scarf adapt Lele, much less it's teammates.

Last edited:
I don't think Simple or Contrary are banworthy. Unaware is mandatory on stall and balance - a +1 mon stacking multiple damage boosting abilities like Adaptability and Tough Claws is literally unstoppable. Simple and Contrary feel like traps more than anything else; all they do is "win more" versus offense, and espeed spam already does that. Outside of fringe cases that I think are going to be healthier for the metagame than not - such as Contrary Stored Power Victini variants breaking down stall teams without Heatran - I can't see these breaking apart teams that are properly prepared.

Strong abilities I haven't really seen mentioned - Magic Guard is the real reason stall is going to be strong, since no amount of aggressive hazards can undo what Regenerator does. Poison Heal is incredible -12% a turn and immune to sleep on stall, immune to toxic on offense, works through Knock Off. Oblivious is absolutely insane for stall, making it so much harder to break - Tinted Lens means most wallbreakers can and probably will opt to run Taunt. I'm seeing a lot of stall teams that aren't using Pressure and I honestly don't believe you'll be successful without it - a lot of strong moves have very low PP - I see Deoxys D / Raikou being stall staples because they can PP stall the hell out of things in ways that other mons can't due to their bulk and speed, respectively. Further shoutout to Raikou for being faster than Pinsir, I think that will very likely be important. All 4 Surges are essentially permanent - Misty Surge cancels status-oriented strategies, Grassy heals you just a bit, Psychic cancels priority, and Electric cancels other Terrains - which means Tapu-oriented strategies are rather strong.

If something has to be done about stall at all, it'll be making stall able to win the stall vs stall matchup with Regen + Magic Guard making constant switches the easiest way to win ever.

A banded ground type with adaptability absolutely tears through this team - Fluffy only works on contact. There's other ways to beat this team if it doesn't have Sableye - and I thought Sableye would be banned by Magic Bounce clause - such as Taunt + Pressure, and Pressure stall cleanly beats this in general. Tinted Lens + Adaptability rain spam also seems able to break this - modest specs Keldeo does 43% to Chansey with Surf, outside potentially luring it with a Secret Sword or Focus Blast, and Keld could possible run a sheer force teammate despite them sort of sucking.

There's other ways to stack multiple very strong boosting abilities on the right mon.

I think you should replace Porygon with Crawdaunt, since Aerialte neuters Porygon and Crawdaunt's priority seems important for a team with no scarfs like this, especially if you happen to lose Dragonite and a powerful sweeper - like their own Dragonite, honestly - comes in. I think you should replace Earthquake on Salamence as well, as I just don't see it adding much to this team - Aerialate, Tinted Lens, Adaptability Returns hit everything except 4x weak mons, and 2x weak mons with Fluffy harder.

I think replacing Salamence with a Tough Claws mon, like Lycanroc or Barbaracle, could be useful because 30% is a massive boost and is, in my opinion, worth running some awful mons for - keeping in mind that +2 is barely stronger than +1 with a 30% boost. Alternatively, replace it with a Tapu that isn't Lele so you're at less risk of having your priority blocked - this team just outright loses to Scarf adapt Lele, much less it's teammates.
I would use Weavile instead of Raikou in stall teams, I used him in mine.
Weavile still can outspeed M-Pinsir, but he can also Pursuit-Trap, being able to remove problematic mons for stall.
And he also gives a great Ice coverage, being able to kill Garchomp (that can be run on sandstorm teams), Zygarde, and Landorus-T.

Whoops, forgot PZ would do that. Also, replacing with a Tapu that isn't Lele wouldn't actually work since every mon on their team would have psyhic surge, meaning that they can just switch in whenever unfortunately. I do think Lycanroc > Salamence is a good option though, as well as Crawdaunt > Porygon. Thanks

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Built a team around this metagame because it's just that interesting, amazing and I love the idea of it.

https://pokepast.es/72e1569b51af049c

Conkeldurr over Ursaring would probably be a better fit, so you all can make that change. (Thanks tbk for suggesting that)

The idea of the team is to abuse the hell out of Tinted Lens being legal. Mega Pinsir and Dragonite are your two setup sweepers, with Dragonite having Guts boosted Facade. Since both have Magic Guard, you can switch in on Stealth Rock as many times as you'd like. Magic Guard also makes it so even after being burned, Dragonite can preserve Multiscale. Tinted Lens Guts Aerilate Facade seems crazy powerful in this meta - Seriously, what switches in? Run Superpower for coverage against Stakataka, but otherwise, I really don't know what walls. It also has Extreme Speed so it can't be revenged easily by priority. Tbh Dragonite seems crazy powerful in this meta, not only by itself but also the fact it donates Multiscale. Tbh Dragonite stall could also be a thing and I think that's the only way stall could have any semblance of viability, everything is just too powerful in this meta so you absolutely need Multiscale softening up your blows.

Just posted here so I had the thread watched while also contributing something !_! Killer OM idea guys, I really hope this becomes successful

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I would use Weavile instead of Raikou in stall teams, I used him in mine.
Weavile still can outspeed M-Pinsir, but he can also Pursuit-Trap, being able to remove problematic mons for stall.
And he also gives a great Ice coverage, being able to kill Garchomp (that can be run on sandstorm teams), Zygarde, and Landorus-T.
Good point - my opinion of Raikou was that Reflect/Light Screen might be necessary on stall just because of the sheer power, but I think trapping could easily be just as important. Worth noting the bulk difference is pretty large, but Raikou isn't bulky at all (still drops to Pinsir Return unless you throw up a screen). I think one of the 3/4 (Deoxys, Raikou, Weaville, maybe Dusclops) will be important for stall.

Most importantly, Weavile is a Dark type and that just seems so strong against teams using Stored Power cheese.

Whoops, forgot PZ would do that. Also, replacing with a Tapu that isn't Lele wouldn't actually work since every mon on their team would have psyhic surge, meaning that they can just switch in whenever unfortunately. I do think Lycanroc > Salamence is a good option though, as well as Crawdaunt > Porygon. Thanks
At the very least it would force a switch, allowing an extra hit from say, return, in, though I understand that that probably isn't good enough to actually be that consistent, and Multiscale more or less ensures that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)