Shake The Formula Already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, this threat is not just about future generations of Pokemon, it's also for nitpicks you may currently have. Essentially, I want to get a consensus in this forum and seen what the "ideal" pokemon experience is, therefore creating the "perfect" Pokemon game. Here goes.
Post Game Post Game Post Game
Many people on this site simply best a Pokemon game to get right into everyone's favorite aspect; competitive battling. However, some games have great content post game, while others simply lack. (Not counting breeding and competitive battling). Gold/Silver/Crystal, as well as the remakes of Gold and Silver, we're brimmed with content, being able to explore the Kanto region and getting all new badges against tougher trainers. This is generally a pretty hollow effort, as there is no plot to go along with it. A perfect post game would feature some type of story, similar to Delta Episode in ORAS. That quest fell flat as well, because it was simply go here-do this-now go here. So make a post game story that keeps us immersed in the world until we are ready to breed and train competitively. Even the Battle Frontier was great post game content that a) shouldn't have been watered down after Emerald, and b) shouldn't have been removed whatsoever.

Lack Of Mature Content
I don't mean gore, violence, sex, etc. Rather I mean a plot that is actually immersive for younger and older players. BW/BW2 came very close to this, but didn't quite hit the mark. Team Flare was an absolute joke of a villainous team, so much that it was confusing what their motives are or why it's supposedly our job to stop them. Same with Team Magma/Aqua. While their motives are slightly more clear than Flare, it's still a joke to battle them due to it feeling like a forced plot to feature a legendary. At least in Emerald you had both teams, making the motives that lead to Kyogre and Groudon pretty epic. Take a story similar to Black and White, and up the maturity level a hair, and give us a real reason to stop the bad guys other than them simply being there.

Multi-Region Travel
This is one you've probably heard more often than not. But let me explain, and pperhaps it will away the nay sayers. This would be a mechanic more so than a feature. Similar to how Ash travels to new regions in the anime with just Pikachu, and seemingly, his Pikachu gets a level downgrade to not be over powered. The mechanic will work in a similar fashion. You choose one Pokemon who will travel with you, it gets a level downgrade to 5(keeping moves, EV's, etc). In a way this is inspired by the Prestige mechanic of COD. You become cut off from your box of the old region, and can't travel back until you complete the League of said region. Perhaps the story of the first region you start at carries over to the next region, this still giving players incentive to play the story all the way through.

These are just a few of my ideas for a generation 7. Let me know what you think should be included, excluded, etc, and together we'll build the perfect Pokemon game!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hi, and welcome to Orange Islands!

Sorry to say, but we have rules against "wishlisting" threads here. Such discussion is encouraged in our IRC channel (you'll find a link in the Rules thread), but we keep it off the forums as people are usually much more interested in listing off their own wishes than discussing those of everybody else, so discussion tends to be minimal (not to mention fruitless anyway).

Hope you stick around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)