Semi-Official Analysis Discussion

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi!

The main purpose of this thread consists of two things:

Subjective changes

Subjective changes includes:
  • Removing excess move options from a move set.
  • Small additions to a move set.
  • A change in an EV Spread.
  • Any small additions or revisions to Other Options or Counters.
  • Any small change that is subjective in nature, but is too trivial to go in a peer edit.
  • A set that is currently not on an analysis that you feel should be included or mentioned somewhere.

Notice: To those with SCMS access, if you make a change suggested by another user on the SCMS, please list your reasoning as "Small Changes Thread" so I can come and delete the appropriate posts.

Couple each post with a link to the relevant analysis you are requesting a change in. Most importantly, if you are suggesting something, back it up with reasoning. It doesn't help us to know that you think Farfetch'd should run 220 HP EVs; what helps us is knowing why you think Farfetch'd should run 220 HP EVs.

Small objective changes
Post small changes to analyses on the site here. Fundamental idea: if there is something wrong with an analysis and your fix does not change the structure of it, then post it here instead of making a new topic.

SCMS people: You don't need to post here. Just make the change yourself. If you fix someone else's problem, please post that you did so.

When corrections are made by Site Staff, the post reporting the error will be deleted.

Rules

• It would be wonderful if you linked to the page you want to correct, that makes fixing it that much quicker. Please link to the page on the site. I'm tired of trying to find the page to edit something, only to read through the whole thing and realize you were talking about the ADV analysis or something dumb. If you just say something like "Geodude needs to have 5 more Attack EVs on its Rock Throw set" without linking to the analysis, your post will be deleted and the analysis will remain the same. If you can't take the time to just add a link, then it's not that helpful.
  • If the errors you find are limited to certain parts of a page, it's a great idea to clarify in which areas your edits are located. For example, "On Kakuna's 'Ubers Support' set, x needs to be capitalized". Better yet is quoting the context so the section you're talking about is quickly and easily found.
    • NOTICE #1: Badged members, do NOT just auto-correct all the suggestions. A lot of the time, the suggestion isn't grammatically correct.
    • NOTICE #2: Be clear about what you have fixed and always make a post AFTER the corrected post to note this.
    • NOTICE #3: Do NOT edit your posts. Double post. Triple post. I don't care. Just do NOT edit your posts to avoid anyone missing something.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
FREE CHOICE SPECS ON MAGNEZONE INSTEAD OF AIR BALLOON SET #2.
http://www.smogon.com/tiers/om/analyses/magnezone/1v1

Thanks n_n
Honestly I have been insisting on putting Electrium Z as the first set but I just followed QC's directions when I was working on analysis as I was supposed to. I think Electrium Z should be the most standard set because that is what people runs the most commonly in my experience, has greater damage output when using Electric-type moves, and can bypass plenty of its would-be counters such as Chansey / Blissey, Mega Venusaur, Meloetta that does not give 16 EV spread in speed, Umbreon, and plenty of defensive roadblocks.

Honestly I have been insisting on putting Electrium Z as the first set but I just followed QC's directions when I was working on analysis as I was supposed to. I think Electrium Z should be the most standard set because that is what people runs the most commonly in my experience, has greater damage output when using Electric-type moves, and can bypass plenty of its would-be counters such as Chansey / Blissey, Mega Venusaur, Meloetta that does not give 16 EV spread in speed, Umbreon, and plenty of defensive roadblocks.
The point deg is making is that the item is supposed to be Choice Specs in that set but for some reason the importable has Air Balloon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)