RU Seismitoad

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
Seismitoad has good bulk with a great Water / Ground typing and Water Absorb, granting it useful resistances that allow it to take on some offensive Fire-, Steel-, and Water-types such as Salazzle, Rotom-H without Hidden Power Grass, Doublade, Sharpedo, and Durant. Seismitoad is also only weak to Grass, although it's 4x weak to it. It has access to a lot of useful moves such as Stealth Rock, Scald, Toxic, and Knock Off. Seismitoad can beat most of the common Stealth Rock users in the tier in Rhyperior, Registeel, Diancie, Gligar, and Torkoal, but it faces direct competition from Nidoqueen as a Stealth Rock setter able to pressure Gligar and most Stealth Rock setters on offensive and balanced teams. While Seismitoad has good bulk, its lack of any recovery besides Leftovers makes it easy to wear down, and it's helpless against Grass-type Pokemon such as Shaymin and Chesnaught, only being able to Toxic them on the switch.

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Scald
move 4: Toxic
item: Leftovers
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Stealth Rock is the main reason to use Seismitoad, as it is useful to support its teammates. STAB Earthquake uses Seismitoad's decent Attack and lets it beat Pokemon such as Registeel and Salazzle. Scald has a useful 30% burn chance. Toxic allows Seismitoad to cripple some Pokemon it can't beat such as Chesnaught.

Set Details
========
Running 60 Speed EVs allows Seismitoad to outspeed uninvested Florges and Milotic, and maximum HP investment and 196 EVs in Defense make Seismitoad as bulky as possible. An Impish nature is used to boost Seismitoad's Defense, and the lowered Special Attack won't matter that much because Scald is used mainly to spread burns. Leftovers is Seismitoad's only form of recovery, since it lacks a recovery move. Water Absorb is used to give Seismitoad a useful Water immunity and allows it to heal 25% of its health whenever it is hit by a Water move.

Usage Tips
========
Seismitoad is usually a decent lead, being able to take on most of the Stealth Rock users in the tier and setting its own. Don't use Seismitoad like a reliable defensive stop to Pokemon it doesn't resist moves from. Try to prevent it from taking too much damage, since it lacks reliable recovery, and make sure to have a balance between using Seismitoad as a Stealth Rock setter and as a defensive check to offensive Water-types, as they can get past it with enough damage. Seismitoad should be careful about being crippled by Toxic and prioritize using its own Toxic most of the time to spread status across the opposing team. Seismitoad needs to be careful about Grass-type coverage from Pokemon such as Hidden Power Grass Salazzle and Rotom-H, and the latter can also use Trick to cripple Seismitoad.

Team Options
========
Pokemon such as Kommo-o, Hone Claws Durant, and Dragon Dance Flygon appreciate Seismitoad's ability to wear down bulky Water-types. Fire-types such as Rotom-H, Salazzle, and Moltres appreciate Seismitoad being able to take Rock-, Water-, and, in the last's case, Electric-type moves, while they can beat Grass-types and Cryogonal in return. Bug- and Poison-types such as Durant, Escavalier, Roserade, and Dragalge can beat Grass-types, and all of them bar Dragalge can take advantage of Seismitoad's ability to check Fire-types. Wish support from Pokemon such as Umbreon can help keep Seismitoad healthy, allowing it to pivot better into Pokemon it can check.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Protect, Knock Off, and Refresh are options for Seismitoad. Protect lets it scout moves, gives it more Leftovers recovery, and makes Seismitoad able to stall out poisoned foes. Knock Off gets rid of some key items such as Choice Scarf from Shaymin and Eviolite from Porygon2, and Refresh cures Seismitoad of poison and burn; however, it is usually hard to fit any of these moves on the set. Earth Power can be used to check Doublade better, but Earthquake is usually superior given that it allows Seismitoad to beat Pokemon such as Registeel, Diancie, and Gigalith more easily. Rocky Helmet can be used over Leftovers to weaken physical attackers that make contact with it, but the lack of any form of recovery is usually not worth it. An offensive Stealth Rock set using Earth Power, Hydro Pump, and Toxic with a 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe EV spread and a Modest nature allows Seismitoad to outspeed Gligar and is an option for offensive teams.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Mega Abomasnow, Chesnaught, Shaymin, and Decidueye can easily OHKO Seismitoad with their Grass-type STAB attacks, although some of them have to be careful of Toxic or a Scald burn. Seismitoad also has to watch out for Pokemon carrying a Grass-type coverage attack such as Hidden Power Grass from Moltres and Salazzle.

**Status Ailments**: Toxic cripples Seismitoad, reducing its longevity, while burn will negate its Leftovers recovery.

**Cryogonal**: Cryogonal can switch into Seismitoad, spin away Stealth Rock, and OHKO Seismitoad with Freeze-Dry. It has to be careful of Toxic, though.

**Bronzong**: Bronzong can take Scald easily, is immune to Toxic, and can use its own Toxic to cripple Seismitoad, but Bronzong has to be careful of Knock Off or Refresh.

Last edited:

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
AM Check.

Mention in the overview how it struggles to find a spot on a team due to superior Stealth Rock users and bulky Water-types being available.

I'd slash Knock Off with Toxic, although it ends up being walled by Mantine and can't cripple Chesnaught it provides great utility; getting rid of Porygon2's Eviolite, Shaymin's Choice Scarf on the switch, Mantine's Leftovers, hits Dhelmise, Bronzong etc.

In Usage Tips talk about its Ground-typing and how it can be used to block Volt Switch and other Electric-type attacks.

In Team Options mention how Umbreon is also able to cure its status with Heal Bell. Give a mention to Pokemon weak to Electric-type attacks that Seismitoad can help cover their weakness thanks to its Ground-typing.

In Other Options mention a Specially Defensive set which does a better job of dealing with things like Choice Specs Zoroark and takes HP Grass from Salazzle pretty comfortably if unboosted.

In Checks and Counters include status as it cripples its longevity and wears it down. Mention that Bronzong is a good check only if Seismitoad is not running Knock Off.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
to Ice Tray

no, toxic is absolutely crucial to anything seismitoad wants to do. keep it oo

To you Randomnick

Add 60 speed on seismitoad to outspeed uninvested Florges + Milotic

saying seismitoad pairs "very well" with wish passers (umbreon in particular) is kinda false since they'd rather run registeel, rhyperior, or even diancie before seismitoad for a multitude of reasons -- mostly due to the nature of these types of teams. beef up team options in terms of things that appreciate its ability to pressure gligar very well (see: webs!) or offensive things that appreciate it (since that's where it mostly fits best).

• Don't use it like a reliable defensive stop to things it doesn't resist.
  • Try to prevent Seismitoad from taking too much damage since it lack reliable recovery.
  • Make sure to strike a balance between Stealth Rock setter and defensive check to offensive Water-types as they can get past it with enough chip damage.
this can be compressed to one bullet i believe?

I'll take a more comprehensive look at this later.

Natan

to Ice Tray

no, toxic is absolutely crucial to anything seismitoad wants to do. keep it oo

To you Randomnick

Add 60 speed on seismitoad to outspeed uninvested Florges + Milotic

saying seismitoad pairs "very well" with wish passers (umbreon in particular) is kinda false since they'd rather run registeel, rhyperior, or even diancie before seismitoad for a multitude of reasons -- mostly due to the nature of these types of teams. beef up team options in terms of things that appreciate its ability to pressure gligar very well (see: webs!) or offensive things that appreciate it (since that's where it mostly fits best).

this can be compressed to one bullet i believe?

I'll take a more comprehensive look at this later.
Ok so I added the 60 Speed, removed Umbreon mention in Team Options (and put a mention to offensive Pokémon and suicide leads who benefit from it being a Rocker able to pressure Gligar)

I don't know if this is obligatory, but I thought Overviews should be first pros and then cons. Also mention what's useful about Seismitoad's typing and ability (checking offensive Water- and Steel-types). Likewise, move up the whole useful move options thing along that so you can group up all the good and bad aspects, respectively. Is Cryogonal and Freeze-Dry really that relevant enough to mention across the analysis? I feel like you could just mention both in a Checks and Counters section and call it a day. Mention substitute somewhere in OO as SubToxic allows it to shut down pretty much any bulky water type (Milotic, Araquanid, Mantine, etc).

Also stop saying AMcheck for quality control. It's a bad meme.

Natan

I don't know if this is obligatory, but I thought Overviews should be first pros and then cons. Also mention what's useful about Seismitoad's typing and ability (checking offensive Water- and Steel-types). Likewise, move up the whole useful move options thing along that so you can group up all the good and bad aspects, respectively. Is Cryogonal and Freeze-Dry really that relevant enough to mention across the analysis? I feel like you could just mention both in a Checks and Counters section and call it a day. Mention substitute somewhere in OO as SubToxic allows it to shut down pretty much any bulky water type (Milotic, Araquanid, Mantine, etc).
Done, I put/changed everything you mentioned.
Edit: Removed Subs
(Eren said "It's a worse refresh" on Discord)

Last edited:
**AM Check**

I would mention it being 4 x weak to Freeze Dry in the same sentence as Grass-types on the Overview. Mention how it is a switch in to Water-types/Moves in the Overview because of Water Absorb.

I don't think you need to keep saying that Seismitoad will lose an important move with every new move you mention in other options. I would mention how Knock Off helps cripple a team for set up sweepers to clean late game.

In threats mention how Seismitoad beats Bronzong 1v1 with the Refresh set

Give the EV spread for outspeeding Gligar in other options.

Mention that Assault Vest Seismitoad with 252 HP / 60 Spa / 104 Spdef / 92 Spe with a Modest Nature can switch in to both Rotom-Heat and Salazzle using HP Grass. This set has a chance to OHKO Rotom-Heat back after Stealth Rocks and lives a +2 HP Grass from Salazzle whilst revenge killing with Earth Power. IT also out speeds Gligar and can deal with that as well. Just mention that this means that it can no longer be the rocker of the team.

Natan

**AM Check**

I would mention it being 4 x weak to Freeze Dry in the same sentence as Grass-types on the Overview. Mention how it is a switch in to Water-types/Moves in the Overview because of Water Absorb.

I don't think you need to keep saying that Seismitoad will lose an important move with every new move you mention in other options. I would mention how Knock Off helps cripple a team for set up sweepers to clean late game.

In threats mention how Seismitoad beats Bronzong 1v1 with the Refresh set

Give the EV spread for outspeeding Gligar in other options.

Mention that Assault Vest Seismitoad with 252 HP / 60 Spa / 104 Spdef / 92 Spe with a Modest Nature can switch in to both Rotom-Heat and Salazzle using HP Grass. This set has a chance to OHKO Rotom-Heat back after Stealth Rocks and lives a +2 HP Grass from Salazzle whilst revenge killing with Earth Power. IT also out speeds Gligar and can deal with that as well. Just mention that this means that it can no longer be the rocker of the team.
I had a Freeze-Dry mention but its not that relevant in the meta to mention in the overview, Knock Off is an OO because its worse than Toxic (so is Refresh), and its useful to mention why its worse so the reader will know why its not slashed. I'll put the spread for Gligar and mention Refresh against Bronzong and mention Water Absorb in Overview.
And I'll also remove all Mantine mentions in the analysis
Oh and I'm not mentioning AV Toad unless QC says so, I don't think there's a reason to use Seismitoad without Rocks

I had a Freeze-Dry mention but its not that relevant in the meta to mention in the overview, Knock Off is an OO because its worse than Toxic (so is Refresh), and its useful to mention why its worse so the reader will know why its not slashed. I'll put the spread for Gligar and mention Refresh against Bronzong and mention Water Absorb in Overview.
And I'll also remove all Mantine mentions in the analysis
Oh and I'm not mentioning AV Toad unless QC says so, I don't think there's a reason to use Seismitoad without Rocks
I get that it is worse but surely the reader is smart enough to know that it is worse because it's not one of the four moves in the shown set. What I'm saying is a little sentence to say why you'd use the move you mentioned. If you mention a move and say it's worse and that's all you say, the reader is conditioned into assuming it's terrible and not knowing why it is mentioned in the first place. For example:

Knock Off can cripple the team for set up sweepers to take advantage late game.
Refresh helps Seismitoad beat Pokemon that rely on status damage as its primary damage dealer.

This is more beneficial than saying 'Sure it can do X but Y is better though' that logic would mean there is no point in mentioning it.

Natan

I get that it is worse but surely the reader is smart enough to know that it is worse because it's not one of the four moves in the shown set. What I'm saying is a little sentence to say why you'd use the move you mentioned. If you mention a move and say it's worse and that's all you say, the reader is conditioned into assuming it's terrible and not knowing why it is mentioned in the first place. For example:

Knock Off can cripple the team for set up sweepers to take advantage late game.
Refresh helps Seismitoad beat Pokemon that rely on status damage as its primary damage dealer.

This is more beneficial than saying 'Sure it can do X but Y is better though' that logic would mean there is no point in mentioning it.
If that's better I reworded that like
"Knock Off and Refresh can be used, the former to get rid of some key items such as Choice Scarf from Shaymin and Eviolite from Porygon2, and the latter to cure Seismitoad if it gets poisoned or burned, but it is usually hard to fit these moves on the set."

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
- Can probably mention its vulnerability to status, unless it is running Refresh, under checks and counters. Since it lacks recovery poisoning can hinder its pivoting capabilities. Would mention burn but it is immune to Scald and there are basically not many relevant Will-O-Wisp users atm.

I believe this is good enough for an initial QC check at least. Good work at keeping up with the tier changes. Any changes I will just mention them to you later on.

QC 1/3

Mention wish users in team options to help with the lack of reliable recovery, while not mandatory, it really helps seismitoad function better as a pivot into things it's supposed to check. Rocky Helmet is an alternative to leftovers, and while vastly inferior it can help chip at physical threats even more, so you can put that in other options. Protect can also be used to scout coverage moves / stall with toxic even more, but is hard to fit over either stealth rock or one of its stab moves.

Add Decidueye, Rotom-C, and Virizion to the grass-types section as well as grass-type coverage from mons like Salazzle etc.

That's all I can think of atm but should be good for the next check

QC 2/3

Natan

Mention wish users in team options to help with the lack of reliable recovery, while not mandatory, it really helps seismitoad function better as a pivot into things it's supposed to check. Rocky Helmet is an alternative to leftovers, and while vastly inferior it can help chip at physical threats even more, so you can put that in other options. Protect can also be used to scout coverage moves / stall with toxic even more, but is hard to fit over either stealth rock or one of its stab moves.

Add Decidueye, Rotom-C, and Virizion to the grass-types section as well as grass-type coverage from mons like Salazzle etc.

That's all I can think of atm but should be good for the next check

QC 2/3
Implemented, I removed Dhelmise mention and I removed some Grass-type mentions because I felt it was too much (I kept only aboma, chester, shaymin, and decidueye), will write up soon
Edit: Written

Last edited:

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]
Seismitoad has good bulk with,(RC) a great typing in Water and Ground,(RC) Water / Ground and a good ability in Water Absorb, granting it good resistances that allow it to take some offensive Fire-, Steel-, and Water-types such as Salazzle and Rotom-Heat Rotom-H without Hidden Power Grass;(SC) and Doublade, Sharpedo, and Durant. It Seismitoad is also only weak against Grass-type to Grass, although it's 4x weak to it. It has access to a lot of useful moves such as Stealth Rock, Scald, Toxic, and Knock Off. It Seismitoad can beat most of the common Stealth Rock users in the tier in Rhyperior, Registeel, Diancie, Gligar, and Torkoal, but it faces direct competition from Nidoqueen as a Stealth Rock setter able to pressure Gligar and most Stealth Rock setters on offensive and balanced teams. While it Seismitoad has a good bulk, its lack of any recovery besides Leftovers makes it easy to wear down, and it's helpless against Grass-type Pokemon such as Shaymin and Chesnaught, being only able to Toxic them on a the switch.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Stealth Rock is the main reason to use Seismitoad, being useful to support its teammates. STAB Earthquake is a STAB that uses Seismitoad's decent Attack while beating and lets it beat Pokemon such as Registeel and Salazzle. Scald is a secondary STAB with a useful 30% burn chance. Toxic allows Seismitoad to cripple some Pokemon it can't beat such as Chesnaught.

Set Details
========
60 Speed EVs allows Seismitoad to outspeed uninvested Florges and Milotic, and maximum HP investment and 196 EVs in Defense make Seismitoad as bulky as possible. An Impish nature is used to boost Seismitoad's Defense,(AC) and while the lowered Special Attack lowered won't matter that much once because Scald is used mainly to spread burns. Leftovers is Seismitoad's only form of recovery, since it lacks a recovery move. Water Absorb is used to give it Seismitoad a useful Water immunity as it and allows Seismitoad it to heal 25% of it's its health if you take in it is hit by a Water move.

Usage Tips
========
Seismitoad is usually a decent lead, taking being able to take on most of the Stealth Rock users in the tier and setting its own. Don't use Seismitoad like a reliable defensive stop to things Pokemon it doesn't resist,(RC) moves from.(period) (sounds better) Try to prevent it from taking too much damage,(AC) since it lacks reliable recovery,(AC) and make sure to have a balance between Seismitoad being used as a (is this what you were trying to say? It was very unclear) Stealth Rock setter and defensive check to offensive Water-types,(AC) as they can get past it with enough damage. Seismitoad should be careful about being crippled by Toxic, and priorize prioritize clicking its own Toxic most of the time to spread status to across the opposing team. Seismitoad needs to be careful about Grass-type coverage from Pokemon such as Hidden Power Grass from Salazzle and Rotom-Heat Rotom-H, and the latter one can also use Trick to cripple Seismitoad.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Kommo-o, Hone Claws Durant,(AC) and Dragon Dance Flygon appreciates appreciate Seismitoad's ability to wear down bulky Water-types. Fire-types such as Rotom-Heat Rotom-H, Salazzle,(AC) and Moltres apreciates appreciate Seismitoad being able to take Rock, Water, and,(AC) in the latter's case,(AC) Electric moves,(AC) while in return they can beat Grass-types and Cryogonal in return. Bug- and Poison-types such as Durant, Escavalier, Roserade, and Dragalge can beat Grass-types,(AC) while besides in the former case,(RC) taking all of them bar Durant can take advantage of Seismitoad's ability to check Fire-types. Wish support from Pokemon such as Umbreon can help keep Seismitoad to keep it healthy, allowing it to pivot better into things Pokemon it can check.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Protect, Knock Off, and Refresh are options for Seismitoad. Protect to lets it scout moves,(AC) and gives it more Leftovers recovery,(AC) and makes Seismitoad while being able to stall out poisoned opponents,(RC).(period) Knock Off to gets rid of some key items such as Choice Scarf from Shaymin and Eviolite from Porygon2, and the Refresh to cures Seismitoad if it gets poisoned or burned of poison and burn; however, it is usually hard to fit any of these moves on the set. Earth Power can be used to check Doublade better, but Earthquake is usually better superior (repetition) given that it allows Seismitoad to beat Pokemon such as Registeel, Diancie, and Gigalith more easily. Rocky Helmet can be used over Leftovers to weaken physical attackers making that make contact with it, but the lack of any form of recovery makes it is usually not worth. An offensive Stealth Rock set using Stealth Rock,(RC) (naturally Stealth Rock will be on the set considering that's the name) Earth Power, Hydro Pump, and Toxic with a 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe EV spread and a Modest nature allowing it allows Seismitoad to outspeed Gligar and is an option for offensive teams.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Abomasnow-Mega Mega Abomasnow, Chesnaught, Shaymin, and Decidueye can easily OHKO Seismitoad with their Grass-type STAB attacks, although some of them have to be careful with of Toxic or a Scald burn. Seismitoad also has to watch out for Pokemon carrying a Grass-type coverage attack such as Hidden Power Grass from Moltres and Salazzle.

**Status Ailments**: Toxic cripples Seismitoad, reducing its longevity,(AC) while burn will negate its Leftovers recovery.

**Cryogonal**: Cryogonal can switch into Seismitoad, Rapid Spin the spin away Stealth Rock,(AC) and OHKO Seismitoad with Freeze-Dry. It has to be careful with of Toxic, though.

**Bronzong**: Bronzong can take Scald easily, is immune to Toxic,(AC) and can use it's its own Toxic to cripple Seismitoad, but Bronzong has to be careful with of Knock Off or Refresh,(RC) though.
GP 1/2

Natan

Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]
Seismitoad has good bulk with,(RC) a great typing in Water and Ground,(RC) Water / Ground and a good ability in Water Absorb, granting it good resistances that allow it to take some offensive Fire-, Steel-, and Water-types such as Salazzle and Rotom-Heat Rotom-H without Hidden Power Grass;(SC) and Doublade, Sharpedo, and Durant. It Seismitoad is also only weak against Grass-type to Grass, although it's 4x weak to it. It has access to a lot of useful moves such as Stealth Rock, Scald, Toxic, and Knock Off. It Seismitoad can beat most of the common Stealth Rock users in the tier in Rhyperior, Registeel, Diancie, Gligar, and Torkoal, but it faces direct competition from Nidoqueen as a Stealth Rock setter able to pressure Gligar and most Stealth Rock setters on offensive and balanced teams. While it Seismitoad has a good bulk, its lack of any recovery besides Leftovers makes it easy to wear down, and it's helpless against Grass-type Pokemon such as Shaymin and Chesnaught, being only able to Toxic them on a the switch.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Stealth Rock is the main reason to use Seismitoad, being useful to support its teammates. STAB Earthquake is a STAB that uses Seismitoad's decent Attack while beating and lets it beat Pokemon such as Registeel and Salazzle. Scald is a secondary STAB with a useful 30% burn chance. Toxic allows Seismitoad to cripple some Pokemon it can't beat such as Chesnaught.

Set Details
========
60 Speed EVs allows Seismitoad to outspeed uninvested Florges and Milotic, and maximum HP investment and 196 EVs in Defense make Seismitoad as bulky as possible. An Impish nature is used to boost Seismitoad's Defense,(AC) and while the lowered Special Attack lowered won't matter that much once because Scald is used mainly to spread burns. Leftovers is Seismitoad's only form of recovery, since it lacks a recovery move. Water Absorb is used to give it Seismitoad a useful Water immunity as it and allows Seismitoad it to heal 25% of it's its health if you take in it is hit by a Water move.

Usage Tips
========
Seismitoad is usually a decent lead, taking being able to take on most of the Stealth Rock users in the tier and setting its own. Don't use Seismitoad like a reliable defensive stop to things Pokemon it doesn't resist,(RC) moves from.(period) (sounds better) Try to prevent it from taking too much damage,(AC) since it lacks reliable recovery,(AC) and make sure to have a balance between Seismitoad being used as a (is this what you were trying to say? It was very unclear) Stealth Rock setter and defensive check to offensive Water-types,(AC) as they can get past it with enough damage. Seismitoad should be careful about being crippled by Toxic, and priorize prioritize clicking its own Toxic most of the time to spread status to across the opposing team. Seismitoad needs to be careful about Grass-type coverage from Pokemon such as Hidden Power Grass from Salazzle and Rotom-Heat Rotom-H, and the latter one can also use Trick to cripple Seismitoad.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Kommo-o, Hone Claws Durant,(AC) and Dragon Dance Flygon appreciates appreciate Seismitoad's ability to wear down bulky Water-types. Fire-types such as Rotom-Heat Rotom-H, Salazzle,(AC) and Moltres apreciates appreciate Seismitoad being able to take Rock, Water, and,(AC) in the latter's case,(AC) Electric moves,(AC) while in return they can beat Grass-types and Cryogonal in return. Bug- and Poison-types such as Durant, Escavalier, Roserade, and Dragalge can beat Grass-types,(AC) while besides in the former case,(RC) taking all of them bar Durant can take advantage of Seismitoad's ability to check Fire-types. Wish support from Pokemon such as Umbreon can help keep Seismitoad to keep it healthy, allowing it to pivot better into things Pokemon it can check.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Protect, Knock Off, and Refresh are options for Seismitoad. Protect to lets it scout moves,(AC) and gives it more Leftovers recovery,(AC) and makes Seismitoad while being able to stall out poisoned opponents,(RC).(period) Knock Off to gets rid of some key items such as Choice Scarf from Shaymin and Eviolite from Porygon2, and the Refresh to cures Seismitoad if it gets poisoned or burned of poison and burn; however, it is usually hard to fit any of these moves on the set. Earth Power can be used to check Doublade better, but Earthquake is usually better superior (repetition) given that it allows Seismitoad to beat Pokemon such as Registeel, Diancie, and Gigalith more easily. Rocky Helmet can be used over Leftovers to weaken physical attackers making that make contact with it, but the lack of any form of recovery makes it is usually not worth. An offensive Stealth Rock set using Stealth Rock,(RC) (naturally Stealth Rock will be on the set considering that's the name) Earth Power, Hydro Pump, and Toxic with a 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe EV spread and a Modest nature allowing it allows Seismitoad to outspeed Gligar and is an option for offensive teams.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Abomasnow-Mega Mega Abomasnow, Chesnaught, Shaymin, and Decidueye can easily OHKO Seismitoad with their Grass-type STAB attacks, although some of them have to be careful with of Toxic or a Scald burn. Seismitoad also has to watch out for Pokemon carrying a Grass-type coverage attack such as Hidden Power Grass from Moltres and Salazzle.

**Status Ailments**: Toxic cripples Seismitoad, reducing its longevity,(AC) while burn will negate its Leftovers recovery.

**Cryogonal**: Cryogonal can switch into Seismitoad, Rapid Spin the spin away Stealth Rock,(AC) and OHKO Seismitoad with Freeze-Dry. It has to be careful with of Toxic, though.

**Bronzong**: Bronzong can take Scald easily, is immune to Toxic,(AC) and can use it's its own Toxic to cripple Seismitoad, but Bronzong has to be careful with of Knock Off or Refresh,(RC) though.
GP 1/2
Implemented
It was indeed what I meant in the Usage Tips thing, I just wasn't sure how I should type that. Also it was supposed to be bar Dragalge not bar Durant in Team Options, I should have typed latter but for some reason I typed former and didn't realize it later, apologies for my awful prose.

add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
Seismitoad has good bulk with a great typing in Water / Ground and a good useful (overuse of "good", try to vary your writing a little) ability in Water Absorb, granting it good resistances that allow it to take some offensive Fire-, Steel-, and Water-types such as Salazzle and Rotom-H without Hidden Power Grass and Doublade, Sharpedo, and Durant. Seismitoad is also only weak to Grass, although it's 4x weak to it also only has a single weakness in Grass, making it more difficult to threaten offensively (or something similar. I removed the 4x weak bit because you already touch on its vulnerability to grass types below). It has access to a lot of useful moves such as Stealth Rock, Scald, Toxic, and Knock Off (explain why this is important? like maybe say it allows it to function as an effective utility Pokemon). Seismitoad can beat most of the common Stealth Rock users in the tier in Rhyperior, Registeel, Diancie, Gligar, and Torkoal, but it faces direct competition from Nidoqueen as a Stealth Rock setter able to pressure Gligar and most Stealth Rock setters on offensive and balanced teams. While Seismitoad has a good bulk, its lack of any recovery besides Leftovers makes it easy to wear down, and it's helpless against Grass-type Pokemon such as Shaymin and Chesnaught, being only able to Toxic poison them with Toxic on the switch.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Stealth Rock is the main reason to use Seismitoad, being useful to support its teammates. STAB Earthquake uses Seismitoad's decent Attack and lets it beat Pokemon such as Registeel and Salazzle. Scald is a secondary STAB move with a useful 30% burn chance. Toxic allows Seismitoad to cripple some of the Pokemon it can't beat such as Chesnaught.

Set Details
========
60 Speed EVs allows Seismitoad to outspeed uninvested Florges and Milotic, and maximum HP investment and 196 EVs in Defense make Seismitoad as bulky as possible. An Impish nature is used to boost Seismitoad's Defense, and the lowered Special Attack won't does not matter that much because Scald is used mainly to spread burns. Leftovers is Seismitoad's only form of recovery, since it lacks a reliable recovery move (rest). Water Absorb is used to give Seismitoad a useful Water immunity and allows it to heal 25% of its health it is hit by a Water move (instead of just telling readers what the ability does, maybe give some specific pokemon that it allows seismitoad to check?).

Usage Tips
========
Seismitoad is usually a decent lead, being able to take on most of the Stealth Rock users in the tier and setting set its own Stealth Rock. Don't use Seismitoad like as a reliable defensive stop to Pokemon it doesn't resist moves from. Try to prevent it from taking too much damage, since it lacks reliable recovery, and make sure to have a balance between Seismitoad being used as a Stealth Rock setter and defensive check to offensive Water-types, as they can get past it with enough damage. Seismitoad should be careful about being crippled by Toxic, and prioritize clicking its own Toxic most of the time to spread status across the opposing team. Seismitoad needs to be careful about Grass-type coverage from Pokemon such as Hidden Power Grass Salazzle and Rotom-H, and the latter can also use Trick to cripple Seismitoad.

Team Options
========
Pokemon such as Kommo-o, Hone Claws Durant, and Dragon Dance Flygon appreciate Seismitoad's ability to wear down bulky Water-types. Fire-types such as Rotom-H, Salazzle, and Moltres appreciate Seismitoad being able to take Rock, Water, and, in the latter's case, Electric moves, while they can beat Grass-types and Cryogonal in return. Bug- and Poison-types such as Durant, Escavalier, Roserade, and Dragalge can beat Grass-types, while all of them bar Dragalge can take advantage of Seismitoad's ability to check Fire-types. Wish support from Pokemon such as Umbreon can help keep Seismitoad to keep it healthy, allowing it to pivot better into Pokemon it can check.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Protect, Knock Off, and Refresh are options for Seismitoad. (this sentence as a whole doesn't seem necessary) Protect lets it Seismitoad scout moves, gives it more Leftovers recovery, and makes Seismitoad able allows it to stall out poisoned opponents foes. Knock Off gets rid of some key items such as Choice Scarf from Shaymin and Eviolite from Porygon2, and Refresh cures Seismitoad of poison and burn; however, it is usually hard to fit any of these moves on the set all three of these moves are difficult to fit on the set. Earth Power can be used to check Doublade better, but Earthquake is usually superior given that it allows Seismitoad to beat Pokemon such as Registeel, Diancie, and Gigalith more easily. Rocky Helmet can be used over Leftovers to weaken physical attackers that make contact with it Seismitoad, but the lack of any form of recovery is usually not worth it. An offensive Stealth Rock set using Earth Power, Hydro Pump, and Toxic with a spread of 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe EV spread and a Modest nature allows Seismitoad to outspeed Gligar and is an option for offensive teams.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Mega Abomasnow, Chesnaught, Shaymin, and Decidueye can easily OHKO Seismitoad with their Grass-type STAB attacks, although some of them have to be careful of Toxic or a Scald burn. Seismitoad also has to watch out for Pokemon carrying a Grass-type coverage attack such as Hidden Power Grass from Moltres and Salazzle.

**Status Ailments**: Toxic cripples Seismitoad, reducing its longevity, while burn will negate negates its Leftovers recovery.

**Cryogonal**: Cryogonal can switch into Seismitoad, spin away Stealth Rock, and OHKO Seismitoad with Freeze-Dry. It has to be careful of Toxic, though.

**Bronzong**: Bronzong can take Scald easily, is immune to Toxic, and it can use its own Toxic to cripple Seismitoad, but Bronzong has to be careful of Knock Off or Refresh.

GP 2/2 good work.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 2/2

[OVERVIEW]
Seismitoad has good bulk with a great Water / Ground typing in Water / Ground and a good ability in Water Absorb, granting it good useful (too much "good" in this sentence) resistances that allow it to take on some offensive Fire-, Steel-, and Water-types such as Salazzle, Rotom-H without Hidden Power Grass, and Doublade, Sharpedo, and Durant. Seismitoad is also only weak to Grass, although it's 4x weak to it. It has access to a lot of useful moves such as Stealth Rock, Scald, Toxic, and Knock Off. Seismitoad can beat most of the common Stealth Rock users in the tier in Rhyperior, Registeel, Diancie, Gligar, and Torkoal, but it faces direct competition from Nidoqueen as a Stealth Rock setter able to pressure Gligar and most Stealth Rock setters on offensive and balanced teams. While Seismitoad has a good bulk, its lack of any recovery besides Leftovers makes it easy to wear down, and it's helpless against Grass-type Pokemon such as Shaymin and Chesnaught, being only being able to Toxic them on the switch.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock is the main reason to use Seismitoad, as it is being useful to support its teammates. STAB Earthquake uses Seismitoad's decent Attack and lets it beat Pokemon such as Registeel and Salazzle. Scald has is a secondary STAB with a useful 30% burn chance. Toxic allows Seismitoad to cripple some Pokemon it can't beat such as Chesnaught.

Set Details
========

Running 60 Speed EVs allows Seismitoad to outspeed uninvested Florges and Milotic, and maximum HP investment and 196 EVs in Defense make Seismitoad as bulky as possible. An Impish nature is used to boost Seismitoad's Defense, and the lowered Special Attack won't matter that much because Scald is used mainly to spread burns. Leftovers is Seismitoad's only form of recovery, since it lacks a recovery move. Water Absorb is used to give Seismitoad a useful Water immunity and allows it to heal 25% of its health whenever it is hit by a Water move.

Usage Tips
========

Seismitoad is usually a decent lead, being able to take on most of the Stealth Rock users in the tier and setting its own. Don't use Seismitoad like a reliable defensive stop to Pokemon it doesn't resist moves from. Try to prevent it from taking too much damage, since it lacks reliable recovery, and make sure to have a balance between Seismitoad being used using Seismitoad as a Stealth Rock setter and as a defensive check to offensive Water-types, as they can get past it with enough damage. Seismitoad should be careful about being crippled by Toxic, (RC) and prioritize using clicking its own Toxic most of the time to spread status across the opposing team. Seismitoad needs to be careful about Grass-type coverage from Pokemon such as Hidden Power Grass Salazzle and Rotom-H, and the latter can also use Trick to cripple Seismitoad.

Team Options
========
Pokemon such as Kommo-o, Hone Claws Durant, and Dragon Dance Flygon appreciate Seismitoad's ability to wear down bulky Water-types. Fire-types such as Rotom-H, Salazzle, and Moltres appreciate Seismitoad being able to take Rock-, Water-, and, in the last's latter's case, Electric-type moves, while they can beat Grass-types and Cryogonal in return. Bug- and Poison-types such as Durant, Escavalier, Roserade, and Dragalge can beat Grass-types, and while all of them bar Dragalge can take advantage of Seismitoad's ability to check Fire-types. Wish support from Pokemon such as Umbreon can help keep Seismitoad to keep it healthy, allowing it to pivot better into Pokemon it can check.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Protect, Knock Off, and Refresh are options for Seismitoad. Protect lets it scout moves, gives it more Leftovers recovery, and makes Seismitoad able to stall out poisoned foes opponents. Knock Off gets rid of some key items such as Choice Scarf from Shaymin and Eviolite from Porygon2, and Refresh cures Seismitoad of poison and burn; however, it is usually hard to fit any of these moves on the set. Earth Power can be used to check Doublade better, but Earthquake is usually superior given that it allows Seismitoad to beat Pokemon such as Registeel, Diancie, and Gigalith more easily. Rocky Helmet can be used over Leftovers to weaken physical attackers that make contact with it, but the lack of any form of recovery is usually not worth it. An offensive Stealth Rock set using Earth Power, Hydro Pump, and Toxic with a 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe EV spread and a Modest nature allows Seismitoad to outspeed Gligar and is an option for offensive teams.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Status Ailments**: Toxic cripples Seismitoad, reducing its longevity, while burn will negate its Leftovers recovery.

**Bronzong**: Bronzong can take Scald easily, is immune to Toxic, and can use its own Toxic to cripple Seismitoad, but it Bronzong has to be careful of Knock Off or Refresh.

Last edited:

Natan

GP 2/2

[OVERVIEW]
Seismitoad has good bulk with a great Water / Ground typing in Water / Ground and a good ability in Water Absorb, granting it good useful (too much "good" in this sentence) resistances that allow it to take on some offensive Fire-, Steel-, and Water-types such as Salazzle, Rotom-H without Hidden Power Grass, and Doublade, Sharpedo, and Durant. Seismitoad is also only weak to Grass, although it's 4x weak to it. It has access to a lot of useful moves such as Stealth Rock, Scald, Toxic, and Knock Off. Seismitoad can beat most of the common Stealth Rock users in the tier in Rhyperior, Registeel, Diancie, Gligar, and Torkoal, but it faces direct competition from Nidoqueen as a Stealth Rock setter able to pressure Gligar and most Stealth Rock setters on offensive and balanced teams. While Seismitoad has a good bulk, its lack of any recovery besides Leftovers makes it easy to wear down, and it's helpless against Grass-type Pokemon such as Shaymin and Chesnaught, being only being able to Toxic them on the switch.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock is the main reason to use Seismitoad, as it is being useful to support its teammates. STAB Earthquake uses Seismitoad's decent Attack and lets it beat Pokemon such as Registeel and Salazzle. Scald has is a secondary STAB with a useful 30% burn chance. Toxic allows Seismitoad to cripple some Pokemon it can't beat such as Chesnaught.

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Seismitoad is usually a decent lead, being able to take on most of the Stealth Rock users in the tier and setting its own. Don't use Seismitoad like a reliable defensive stop to Pokemon it doesn't resist moves from. Try to prevent it from taking too much damage, since it lacks reliable recovery, and make sure to have a balance between Seismitoad being used using Seismitoad as a Stealth Rock setter and as a defensive check to offensive Water-types, as they can get past it with enough damage. Seismitoad should be careful about being crippled by Toxic, (RC) and prioritize using clicking its own Toxic most of the time to spread status across the opposing team. Seismitoad needs to be careful about Grass-type coverage from Pokemon such as Hidden Power Grass Salazzle and Rotom-H, and the latter can also use Trick to cripple Seismitoad.

Team Options
========
Pokemon such as Kommo-o, Hone Claws Durant, and Dragon Dance Flygon appreciate Seismitoad's ability to wear down bulky Water-types. Fire-types such as Rotom-H, Salazzle, and Moltres appreciate Seismitoad being able to take Rock-, Water-, and, in the last's latter's case, Electric-type moves, while they can beat Grass-types and Cryogonal in return. Bug- and Poison-types such as Durant, Escavalier, Roserade, and Dragalge can beat Grass-types, and while all of them bar Dragalge can take advantage of Seismitoad's ability to check Fire-types. Wish support from Pokemon such as Umbreon can help keep Seismitoad to keep it healthy, allowing it to pivot better into Pokemon it can check.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Protect, Knock Off, and Refresh are options for Seismitoad. Protect lets it scout moves, gives it more Leftovers recovery, and makes Seismitoad able to stall out poisoned foes opponents. Knock Off gets rid of some key items such as Choice Scarf from Shaymin and Eviolite from Porygon2, and Refresh cures Seismitoad of poison and burn; however, it is usually hard to fit any of these moves on the set. Earth Power can be used to check Doublade better, but Earthquake is usually superior given that it allows Seismitoad to beat Pokemon such as Registeel, Diancie, and Gigalith more easily. Rocky Helmet can be used over Leftovers to weaken physical attackers that make contact with it, but the lack of any form of recovery is usually not worth it. An offensive Stealth Rock set using Earth Power, Hydro Pump, and Toxic with a 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe EV spread and a Modest nature allows Seismitoad to outspeed Gligar and is an option for offensive teams.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Bronzong**: Bronzong can take Scald easily, is immune to Toxic, and can use its own Toxic to cripple Seismitoad, but it Bronzong has to be careful of Knock Off or Refresh.
Sorry for taking too long to update, implemented and ready to be uploaded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)