Board Game Secret Hitler (Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Description:

Secret Hitler is a dramatic game of political intrigue and betrayal set in 1930's Germany. Players are secretly divided into two teams - liberals and fascists. Known only to each other, the fascists coordinate to sow distrust and install their cold-blooded leader. The liberals must find and stop the Secret Hitler before it’s too late.

Rules:

http://www.secrethitler.com/assets/Secret_Hitler_Rules.pdf
  • In the beginning of the game, everyone receives a role card of which there are 3 of, Liberals, Fascists, and Hitler.
  • Fascists will know who Hitler is and who other Fascists are, and Liberals and Hitler won’t know anything.
  • Starting with someone random, the President will choose a Chancellor.
  • Everyone will vote Ja or Nein on whether or not they want this President/Chancellor to be voted into office.
  • If they win the vote, the President will draw 3 policy cards, discard 1 and give the other 2 to the Chancellor.
  • The Chancellor will then choose one of the policies to enact.
  • Then the presidency will rotate to the next player on the list, and they will choose a chancellor who wasn’t a president or a chancellor the round before.
  • Fascists win if they get all the Fascist policies on the board passed, or if Hitler is elected chancellor after a certain point.
  • Liberals win if they get all the Liberal policies on the board passed, or if Hitler is killed.

Heres a video of TotalBiscuit and friends playing if you prefer videos.

Key Differences in Rules:
  1. We will not have Secret Roles because they are not necessary in a forum setting.
  2. If enough people join, more policy cards will be added and the policy board will be made longer.

Voting will happen in PMs and will be revealed all at once as to not influence other peoples voting, and all discussion will happen in the discord that will be made.

If you are signing up, you MUST read through the official rulebook before the game starts. Also, you must be able to be decently active throughout the entire game.

Signups will end in like 2ish days

Signups:
Blazade
Hitmonleet
Xayah
zorbees
Exploudit
Earlio
Whydon
Granny Pie
Flynh
shubaka17
Dilwar
Myzozoa
Da Letter El
King.
Metal Sonic
mxmts
XnadrojX
LightWolf

Last edited:
Hey! I just have a few major nitpicks with this post.

First of all, the game is designed for a maximum of ten players. There is a reason for that. The game dynamics change heavily for 11 and beyond. The game was designed for 5-10, so play it like it's meant to.

Furthermore, what secret roles? This game isn't ToS, there are no secret roles...

Lastly, why bother playing through text? That seems incredibly cumbersome and pretty pointless. secrethitler.io is a website made for this very game, and it's a lot funner when automated as there's less chance for fuck ups and cheating.

sam-testings

Hey! I just have a few major nitpicks with this post.

First of all, the game is designed for a maximum of ten players. There is a reason for that. The game dynamics change heavily for 11 and beyond. The game was designed for 5-10, so play it like it's meant to.

Furthermore, what secret roles? This game isn't ToS, there are no secret roles...

Lastly, why bother playing through text? That seems incredibly cumbersome and pretty pointless. secrethitler.io is a website made for this very game, and it's a lot funner when automated as there's less chance for fuck ups and cheating.
The game while designed for 10 players can be played with up to 12 players and after that you can add policy cards/make the policy boards longer. Also this is the first time we are doing this so just have a bit of fun.

There are party cards and secret role cards in the printed version of the game, and it lists this in the rules I linked. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

Playing through text is fun and scheduling a time for everyone to meet up to play at secrethitler.io is really annoying. People can barely schedule a time for 2 people to get on to play a tour game, let alone over 10 people(i may pair people if we get a lot more players). And there is potential for cheating and fuckups in every forum game ever, why not play all mafia games on epicmafia or a similar site.

If this goes successfully I will consider lowering the amount of people per game or running multiple games, but for now as a test run I'll just let everyone join in.

Last edited:

sam-testings

All right I'm closing signups and will send out role pms out later tonight if I can. Since we have a ton of people i'm splitting it into two games lol

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Actually the biggest game of secret hitler was played by 128,838,341 people. But then again, it was pretty frustrating and felt like it took years to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)