Board Game Secret Hitler 1

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
im voting nein on this to be extra careful, lightwolf has a second turn so he can just nominate exploudit again if nothing looks fishy in the votes

im voting nein on this to be extra careful, lightwolf has a second turn so he can just nominate exploudit again if nothing looks fishy in the votes
We're using that second turn for shit already. If this goes well we want LW pres again.

The reason to vote no on this wouldn't be "information". We already have that in people upvoting random crap almost universally with it somehow going well anyway.

I think this is as good a shot as anything else we can realistically attempt. I keep getting the sense that a lot of people are too okay with the way things are going but that means very little right now. zorbees not liking it means a hell of a lot more to me.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
i mean its kind of dumb of you to make me debate this, since doing so could potentially change the votes of the people i want to see how they vote. but the whole point of doing this for information is because theres a very real chance that exploudit is hitler, and i'd like to see whether the fascists/unknowns upvote or downvote before i vote in someone who could just make us lose right like that

If exploudit was hitler you wouldn't be telling people to downvote it.

Does info gathering get better when you tell people that downvoting for info is a valid excuse?

i mean its kind of dumb of you to make me debate this, since doing so could potentially change the votes of the people i want to see how they vote. but the whole point of doing this for information is because theres a very real chance that exploudit is hitler, and i'd like to see whether the fascists/unknowns upvote or downvote before i vote in someone who could just make us lose right like that
Why is there a very real chance I'm hitler? Obviously, Hitler wants to look like a Liberal, but so does anyone else in the game. Unless you have evidence to support someone being hitler, it's kind of pointless to accuse people just because they're playing like liberals, because the point of the game is kind of to play like a liberal. My chances of being hitler at this point should be as great as anyone else's. I know what you meant, there's obviously the chance I am indeed hitler, but it is not very real, it is just as possible as anyone else. If it helps I'm not Hitler but it's not like you can trust anyone in this so...

exploudit i would be saying the same thing for almost anyone in your position, its nothing against you personally, i'm just extra cautious in this spot.
I get it, I just don't get the downvote part that much, there's literally no one that is certain not to be hitler, so assuming I and the two people next to me get downvoted a random policy will be pulled, and it will just make things a lot worse if we get a fascist. At this point no one is safe, so unfortunately we kind of have to take a risk on every single president voting. I'm not trying to get votes btw, I'm just trying share my point of view.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
i mean there's two scenarios
1) the votes look suspicious, making us think you are probably hitler
in this scenario, it'd lessen the odds that the next chancellor nominee is hitler, so we probably wouldn't downvote
2)nothing looks odd, making us think you are probably not hitler
in this scenario, we'd just nominate you again

also just out of curiosity

sam-testings what happens to the executive action if we reject 3 in a row and the deck plays it automatically, does it just go away?

LightWolf

lightwoof
That's pointless when you announce it. You are wasting our ability to resolve the game within the next 4 turns, and exactly forcing us to have to expand beyond three people.

Also if this is Nein-ed I'm not renomming Exploudit, because for the outlined strat I putting Xayah on my next term, even if this term doesn't happen. Again because it helps us move forward and barring no unluckiness we don't have to expand beyond the core 3.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Also advocating voting Nein here just encourages for fascists to screw us over since they now have a good reason given for them to freely nein this and anything else just to hope we are forced to chancellor hitler or end in a situation where their votes force the last person in line to be pres and pick whoever we they want(arguably I'd prefer we let it pass them too, because a 1 in 3 chance of the top card being lib is better than hoping more than 1 lib is in the top 3 cards.)

why are you so willing to lose if exploudit or xayah is hitler
I've told you this on my last post already, but I think I'll have to repeat it, there's no way to know for sure if anyone is or isn't hitler, so yeah, LightWolf has to take this risk, otherwise the game will come down to RNG pulling cards for us, as ppl will downvote everyone by this logic. Literally anyone in this game can be hitler, so if you have anyone to blame for this, it is whoever passed these fascist policies...

why are you so willing to lose if exploudit or xayah is hitler
I've told you this on my last post already, but I think I'll have to repeat it, there's no way to know for sure if anyone is or isn't hitler, so yeah, LightWolf has to take this risk, otherwise the game will come down to RNG pulling cards for us, as ppl will downvote everyone by this logic. Literally anyone in this game can be hitler, so if you have anyone to blame for this, it is whoever passed these fascist policies...

LightWolf

lightwoof
Because I don't want to lose if everyone not them is hitler. There is no argument why they would or wouldn't be hitler over anyone else(I have personal suspicions on who I think could be, but it could just be how the cards rolled).

We have a chance here to draw 3 of the four lib cards from a pool twelve cards, while drawing up the whole deck. If there is no hitler between us and we only draw double libs once and triple libs never, WE WIN ALWAYS. Now I will say the chance of that happening is 41%, but we are literally at the place where only 4 libs are left in a deck of 12 cards, our odds should be much worse.

Unless you can present me with an argument for a plan where we have a better chance, while only electing the least amount of people then you are arguing against our best way of doing this.

LightWolf

lightwoof
also exploudit is much more liekly hitler than earlio imo
Guy who tested, vs guy who handed over 2 libs on purpose, I will always lean that it's in hitler's benefit to not test and assure that if his chancellor is a fascist he can't fuck up his chances of election. Sure Exploudit claims to not have had a choice to not test, but Earlio did and in my opinion blew it.

Again you are just making an argument to make people Nein without giving ANY good reason as to what we could do instead. Neining here throws away our best chance at winning, even if you believe Exploudit is Hitler, our alternate options are worse than betting on him. The only way we win this if we can prevent fascist from strategically Neining the correct choices, and we can't do that without settling on a plan.

You provide a better plan, or you stop inciting neining of this one. We will devolve into passing till last option if we keep this up, and guess what, then we lose and throw away our chances to actually kill hitler. I calced the odds to the best of my ability, and picked the people most beneficial to the plan in both position and how close they are to be trusted(not hard when everyone but us 3 was involved in a Fascist card, with the exception of earlio who I don't trust for the above).

It's a bit misleading to say "everyone but me has been involved in a fascist card" when you haven't been on any missions and your investigation means shit.

This plan's still correct tho.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Lets get those votes that are hopefully not Neins in. And I expect ANYONE who intends to vote Nein bring up their problems with the plan now not making afterwards excuses why they screwed us over.

Also for those observing zorbees is expressly advocating plans where his only clear from his perspective is not getting put on two presidencies in a row in a critical stage of the game on the off chance that Exploudit MIGHT be hitler with no better odds than anybody.

Town behavior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)